Career Questions tagged Lobbyist

Aleksandar T.’s Avatar
Aleksandar T. Mar 15 102 views

I want to become a lobbyist, tips?

My first well-paying job was at a machine shop which specializes in turbines and pumps. So, naturally, I fell in love with the manufacturing industry; however, I have always had interest in government. I thought how I could connect my two interests and a career in the environmental seemed like...

#career #environment #lobbyist #government #law #policy

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Jan 20, 2018 206 views

What is the day in the life of a lobbyist like?

I am aware that many days are spent on capitol hill (normally at the state level), but what do the other days look like? Is it more of a work from home type job, etc? #agriculture...

#lobbyist

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Jan 20, 2018 444 views

What is the best course of action through college (majors and internships) for someone interested in becoming a lobbyist for agriculture?

I am interested in becoming a lobbyist, specifically for agriculture. I am currently a business: marketing major. I was wondering if this is a good track to remain on or if I need to go into something along the lines of Political Science. I am aware that I will also have to go back for my...

#lobbyist #agriculture

Serenity W.’s Avatar
Serenity W. May 09, 2016 491 views

What is it like to be a Capitol Hill Lobbist?

I am a high school senior and my intended major in college is political science. I know that I want to be a political insider of some sort. I researched lobbying and I can't seem to find much information. How does one become a lobbyist? What do they do on a daily basis? Do they get to travel...

#politics #political-science #lobbying #lobbyist