Career Questions tagged Environment

Kimberly B.’s Avatar
Kimberly B. Dec 13, 2021 198 views

Any interesting jobs involving psychology and the environment?

I am a recent graduate with my bachelors in Psychology. I am currently working at a school for a non-profit organization but I just feel like my heart isn't truly in it. I do like psychology I find it very fascinating but I have a huge passion for the environment. To be specific I am always...

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Dec 03, 2021 257 views

How can I further improve myself?

I am a Chemical Engineering student interested in renewable energy, biotechnology, and process engineering. I am pursuing minors in Energy Studies and Engineering Corporate Practice to further expand my skillset to include an understanding of economics and policy, project management, and...

David R.’s Avatar
David R. May 12, 2021 255 views

What types of Colleges or Universities offer classes on Environmental science? (Or Environmental science research if possible)

Hey, I'm David. I am 16 years old and am looking for colleges or Universities that focus on research rather than hands on.#Environment #environmental-science #Ecology #environmental-services #research

David R.’s Avatar
David R. May 12, 2021 253 views

Is there such thing as a job that does both environmental science research and teaching?

Bad at multitasking, athletic, like to read, like having fun and being creative. #Environment #environmental-science #environmental-services #Ecology

Kenny D.’s Avatar
Kenny D. Oct 29, 2020 204 views

What major would be most beneficial for a conservation officer.

I'm Interested in a wildlife conservation field. I like to Hunt and Fish during my free time and love to be outdoors. I want a job where I can work Hands on.

#fishing #hunting #environment #outdoors

Pamela P.’s Avatar
Pamela P. Oct 04, 2020 272 views

Is environmental science a good course?

I'm a 16 year-old girl doing grade 11 ,and I'm kinda confused on wat to study.
I love math!it's my favourite subject.
#environmental-science #environment

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01, 2020 1352 views

Is becoming a lawyer worth it?

I'm thinking about becoming an environmental lawyer, but I've heard law school is draining both financially and emotionally. Was it worth the effort put in? Are some types of law more fulfilling than others? Do you regret becoming a lawyer? Is there anything you would do differently? #lawyer...

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31, 2020 325 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

Candice W.’s Avatar
Candice W. May 28, 2020 387 views

Environmentalists: What does your typical work week consist of? All sub-specialties welcome.

I'm an undergraduate student struggling to commit to a major, after changing time and time again. After finally settling on a general area of study, it's time to determine a more focused area. The top bachelors degree programs that I am looking at include environmental engineering,...

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22, 2020 259 views

What skills are helpful in becoming an environmental scientist?

I am going to be studying environmental science at college in the fall. What are the most helpful and necessary skills for someone working towards a career in this field of study? #environment #environmentalscience

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22, 2020 292 views

What are some career opportunities in the field of wildlife biology?

In addition to environmental science, I am also interested in studying wildlife biology. What are some career opportunities in this field of study? #wildlife #wildlifebiology #environment #conservation

Puteri Nabila M.’s Avatar
Puteri Nabila M. Mar 18, 2020 256 views

Can I take the Master Education in Harvard Univeristy, when I have Environmental Engineering as my bachelor degree?

Hello, My name is Nabila. I am in USA now to attend a student exchange program. I really love both environment and education fields. My big goal is to work in the United Nations someday. #education #college #environment #engineering #environmental-engineering

Kalaunie P.’s Avatar
Kalaunie P. Mar 20, 2019 341 views
Aleksandar T.’s Avatar
Aleksandar T. Mar 15, 2019 375 views

I want to become a lobbyist, tips?

My first well-paying job was at a machine shop which specializes in turbines and pumps. So, naturally, I fell in love with the manufacturing industry; however, I have always had interest in government. I thought how I could connect my two interests and a career in the environmental seemed like...

Jordan P.’s Avatar
Jordan P. Feb 13, 2019 390 views

whats is urban forestry like?

What do they do? How do they do it? Why do they do it? when do they do it? Is it fun? #career #Forestry #day-in-the-life #professional #environment #nature #environmental-science

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Aug 30, 2018 324 views

How can I better my chances to get my dream job (environmental photojournalist)

I want to work for national geographic, but have heard that it is VERY competitive. What can set me apart and make me more appealing to them for me to achieve my dreams?

#environment #photojournalism

Claudette L.’s Avatar
Claudette L. May 29, 2018 365 views

Is there still age discrimination in the workforce?

I have read that for people over 50 it is hard to find a job. What are the chances of me finding a good job after graduation based on my age?
#discrimination, #experiencevsyouth #experience #workforce #environment

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018 458 views

What are the rewards of pursuing a double major?

I am passionate about environmental issues, and would like to use business to become a part in solving that problem. My university does not have a "green" business degree as some schools do. At this point I am intending to pursue a business major with an environmental science minor. I am...