Career Questions tagged Environment

Kenny D.’s Avatar
Kenny D. Oct 29 45 views

What major would be most beneficial for a conservation officer.

I'm Interested in a wildlife conservation field. I like to Hunt and Fish during my free time and love to be outdoors. I want a job where I can work Hands on. #fishing #hunting #environment...

#outdoors

Pamela P.’s Avatar
Pamela P. Oct 04 51 views

Is environmental science a good course?

I'm a 16 year-old girl doing grade 11 ,and I'm kinda confused on wat to study. I love math!it's my favourite subject. #environmental-science...

#environment

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01 162 views

Is becoming a lawyer worth it?

I'm thinking about becoming an environmental lawyer, but I've heard law school is draining both financially and emotionally. Was it worth the effort put in? Are some types of law more fulfilling than others? Do you regret becoming a lawyer? Is there anything you would do differently? #lawyer...

#environmental-law #attorney #environment #law-school #lawyers #july20 #law

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 86 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#environmental-science #english #writing #sustainability #environmental-law #environment #science #lawyers #july20 #law

Candice W.’s Avatar
Candice W. May 28 191 views

Environmentalists: What does your typical work week consist of? All sub-specialties welcome.

I'm an undergraduate student struggling to commit to a major, after changing time and time again. After finally settling on a general area of study, it's time to determine a more focused area. The top bachelors degree programs that I am looking at include environmental engineering,...

#science #environment #college #sustainability

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22 92 views

What skills are helpful in becoming an environmental scientist?

I am going to be studying environmental science at college in the fall. What are the most helpful and necessary skills for someone working towards a career in this field of study? #environment...

#environmentalscience

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. May 22 93 views

What are some career opportunities in the field of wildlife biology?

In addition to environmental science, I am also interested in studying wildlife biology. What are some career opportunities in this field of study? #wildlife #wildlifebiology #environment...

#conservation

Puteri Nabila M.’s Avatar
Puteri Nabila M. Mar 18 112 views

Can I take the Master Education in Harvard Univeristy, when I have Environmental Engineering as my bachelor degree?

Hello, My name is Nabila. I am in USA now to attend a student exchange program. I really love both environment and education fields. My big goal is to work in the United Nations someday. #education #college #environment #engineering...

#environmental-engineering

Trent V.’s Avatar
Trent V. Jan 23 114 views
Aleksandar T.’s Avatar
Aleksandar T. Mar 15, 2019 178 views

I want to become a lobbyist, tips?

My first well-paying job was at a machine shop which specializes in turbines and pumps. So, naturally, I fell in love with the manufacturing industry; however, I have always had interest in government. I thought how I could connect my two interests and a career in the environmental seemed like...

#policy #career #government #lobbyist #environment #law

Jordan P.’s Avatar
Jordan P. Feb 13, 2019 177 views

whats is urban forestry like?

What do they do? How do they do it? Why do they do it? when do they do it? Is it fun? #career #forestry #day-in-the-life #professional #environment #nature...

#environmental-science

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Aug 30, 2018 192 views

How can I better my chances to get my dream job (environmental photojournalist)

I want to work for national geographic, but have heard that it is VERY competitive. What can set me apart and make me more appealing to them for me to achieve my dreams? #environment...

#photojournalism

lara M.’s Avatar
lara M. Apr 14, 2018 294 views

can someone in ontario with computer science field answer this please

What does a typical day looks like for them? How do they believe their field of work impacts the environment (i.e. e-waste generation, lowering usage of resources, etc.)? (see rubric for more guidance in how to direct this question) What schooling did they complete in order to do their job?...

#biology #computer-science #canada #environment

Claudette L.’s Avatar
Claudette L. May 29, 2018 237 views

Is there still age discrimination in the workforce?

I have read that for people over 50 it is hard to find a job. What are the chances of me finding a good job after graduation based on my age? #discrimination, #experiencevsyouth #experience #workforce...

#environment

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018 357 views

What are the rewards of pursuing a double major?

I am passionate about environmental issues, and would like to use business to become a part in solving that problem. My university does not have a "green" business degree as some schools do. At this point I am intending to pursue a business major with an environmental science minor. I am...

#environmental-science #double-major #business #environment

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 412 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#phd #environmental-science #environmental #career-paths #mastersdegree #career-path #career-plan #environment #career-planning #masters-degree

Dayne V.’s Avatar
Dayne V. Feb 06, 2018 381 views

What career would suite my interests?

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and have completed many courses, traveled and worked a few jobs. I now want to start studying towards a #degree but I have no idea what degree field to study. To get a degree in South Africa is expensive so I want to make the right choice. My interests...

#career #food #psychology #travel #interests #business #environment #prospects #hospitality

Darlene D.’s Avatar
Darlene D. Jan 23, 2018 325 views

Do you think that enthusiasm can be key to destressing and having a fulfilling life perspective?

A teacher in my class the other day mentioned that enthusiasm and positivity are extremely valuable in increasing life span as well as good mood. I have been attempting to remain more and more positive during my college application process and last year of high school. I personally feel that...

#enthusiasm #positive #environment #fulfillment

Mark D.’s Avatar
Mark D. Jan 19, 2018 320 views

How can I become a environmental/wildlife enforcement officer?

My ultimate goal is to become an environmental enforcement or wildlife enforcement officer for Environment and Climate Change Canada. I have so many questions about this position (what's the hiring process like? what is a typical day in the job? what is the pay? do I have to relocate to...

#environmental #law-enforcement #environmental-compliance #environmental-services #environment

Allyson F.’s Avatar
Allyson F. May 11, 2016 614 views

Would a BS degree in Environmental Engineering help me with my career goal to be a Director of a Water Treatment Plant?

I am currently enrolled in the Water Technology Program at my high school and hope to graduate high school with my General AA from the community college as well as my class C water operator's license. I am trying to decide on my university and major for after I grudate. #in #field #water...

#career #college #environment #engineering #science #career-counseling