Career Questions tagged Life Sciences

Lily H.’s Avatar
Lily H. Jan 20, 2018

Where are the best places for conducting scientific research?

I hope to enter the field (likely along the lines of genetic or cellular/molecular biology research) after college; however, I know that tons of others are hoping to do the same. I have also heard that scientific research is being less and less funded in the United States. With that reality...

#stem #life-sciences #women-in-stem #molecular-biology #genetics #biology #research #science #cell-biology #women-in-science

Jaydah L.’s Avatar
Jaydah L. May 14, 2016

In the exotic veterinarian feild, what would be the biggest advantages and disadvantages?

I am looking to pursue a carreer in zoology and working with exotic vets. And i just want to know the benefits and the challenges. #chemistry #veterinarian #zoology #wildlife-biology #life-sciences #zookeeper #animal...

#pets

Keshavi G.’s Avatar
Keshavi G. Aug 16, 2016

I wanted to know if I can have a career in forensics with biotechnology?

I have completed my undergraduate studies in Biotechnology. My project work was based on the medicinal and molecular properties of local algae. Since I was in college, I was always fascinated with forensics, however I have not been able to study it at university because we didn't have it in my...

#scientist #life-sciences #forensic #marine

Oliver E.’s Avatar
Oliver E. Jul 12, 2016

How and Where to gain Industry Project Management experience as a volunteer, while still working in academia?

I am a postdoc fellow in life sciences. I have been in a lab doing bench work for years and this is not as much fun and exciting as it used to be. Now, I am looking at my options, trying to figure out what my next move should be; I have just started learning on my own what PM is and would like...

#life-sciences #science #certified-project-manager #pharmaceuticals #biotechnology #project-management #portfolio-management

Oliver E.’s Avatar
Oliver E. Jul 08, 2016

How do I transition from Academia into Science and Information (Technical writer/Science writer/Entrepreneurial editor)?

I am a postdoc fellow in life sciences. I have been in a lab doing bench work for years and this is not as much fun and exciting as it used to be. Now, I am looking at my options, trying to figure out what my next move should be; but I know that the academic world is no longer an option....

#life-sciences #writing #editing #science #academic-advising #technical-writing #publishing #editorial-writing

Renugadevi S.’s Avatar
Renugadevi S. Jul 03, 2016

i like to go abroad for my higher studies. to uk. pls suggest me some universities..

i need to study more and more in my life. i want to be a science and technology. pls suggest me some nice university in uk. #science...

#life-sciences

CHLOE mgr H.’s Avatar
CHLOE mgr H. Jun 24, 2016

What is neutrinos? Where is it?

I want to know about it for my career. Please tell me. #research #physics #life-sciences...

#space

Abdul M.’s Avatar
Abdul M. Jun 20, 2016

What are the future options with 12th science besides engineering?

What are the future options with 12th science besides engineering? #doctor #science #engineer #counselor #scientist...

#life-sciences

Cristian S.’s Avatar
Cristian S. May 15, 2016

What are the steps that a virologist under goes to investigate an unknown virus?

My interest career wise is investigation. I'm less than 3 months away to start my bachelors degree in Biology and I have been thinking into what branch I'll be delving in to once I finish it. One of them is virology. I understand that this studies the deseases that viruses cause in an organism....

#life-sciences #microbiology #environmental-science #environment #laboratory #biology #virology #chemistry

Christian G.’s Avatar
Christian G. May 13, 2016

Being a current high school senior and going to college next year to study on a pre-medicine track, would you recommend majoring in a broad science such as Biology or Chemistry? How about a more specific major like Microbiology?

I am interested in working in the medical field. I don't have a set career in mind but I am looking at pursuing a career as a Physician or Physician Assistant. I am thinking about majoring in Biology but I was told by a friend of mine that it is better to major in a subject that is specific...

#life-sciences #undergraduate #physician #college #careers #biology #pre-medicine

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. May 12, 2016

Should I choose a career in environmental protection?

I know it is up to me but I was originally thinking biology. I think I would actually enjoy environmental protection better though. #environmental-science #life-sciences #outdoors...

#plants

Edgar A.’s Avatar
Edgar A. May 04, 2016

what does it take to be a scientist ?

I am really interested in finding cures for certain diseases in the future. #college-major #pre-med #scientist #doctorate-degree #science-phd #life-sciences...

#life-skills

Shankar I.’s Avatar
Shankar I. May 04, 2016

If I study pure science in my graduate and under-graduate course, what are my career options?

In India currently research has taken a back seat. I am interested in pure science. I am good in Physics, chemistry and Mathematics. #research #scientist #science-phd #life-sciences...

#data-science

Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Mar 10, 2016

What classes do you in college if you are looking to do botany.

I am asking because I am interested in that specific field which is botany. #chemical-engineering #science-phd #life-sciences #earth-science #chemicals #bio-chem #chemist...

#organic-chemistry

Luke  N.’s Avatar
Luke N. Oct 14, 2015

What is it like as an oceanographer?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am looking at potential job options for my future. Oceanography seems like an interesting career and I think it could be fun as well. I always been at least somewhat interested in the ocean and wildlife. It also seems like there would always be something to...

#life-sciences #biology #oceanography

Esmeralda V.’s Avatar
Esmeralda V. Dec 08, 2014

what are the benefits of being a nurse

i want to know what are the benefits #doctor #surgeon...

#life-sciences

Farah M.’s Avatar
Farah M. Sep 07, 2014

Where can I find mentors, regarding a science research project?

Hello! My name is Farah Mara and I am a high school student who is searching for a mentor who could assist me in my science research project. The thing is, where can I find an individual who is interested in research done by a high school student? #science #research #mentoring...

#life-sciences