Career Questions tagged Editorial Writing

Emmanuel M.’s Avatar
Emmanuel M. Jul 30 102 views

How can a beginner improve their editorial skills?

Would you please tell me who is, if there is such an individual, the world's most renown editor in the world. One that deals with literature, and most preferable blogs and articles in the topics of finance and education. If there's no such thing, would you be kind enough to point me to some...

#worldclass #editorial-writing #editor #july2020 #ceo

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Dec 07, 2016 568 views

What is the best way to get into writing articles?

I want to begin submitting my writing to independent zines and magazine style websites that feature writers, but I do not know where to begin. Do you have any advice on where I can find people to write for, as well as how to become a better writer? Thank you! #journalism #writing...

#online-journalism #magazines #creative-writing #editorial-writing

Oliver E.’s Avatar
Oliver E. Jul 08, 2016 612 views

How do I transition from Academia into Science and Information (Technical writer/Science writer/Entrepreneurial editor)?

I am a postdoc fellow in life sciences. I have been in a lab doing bench work for years and this is not as much fun and exciting as it used to be. Now, I am looking at my options, trying to figure out what my next move should be; but I know that the academic world is no longer an option....

#life-sciences #writing #science #technical-writing #publishing #academic-advising #editing #editorial-writing

Hailey B.’s Avatar
Hailey B. May 24, 2016 547 views

Am I going about becoming an editor the correct way?

I am about to be attending my first year of college, though I have taken some college classes already to get ahead. After taking an online English class, I decided I want to be an editor. I know editing, like most other things, takes practice to get good at. I've got my college plans all...

#english #technical-writing #news-editor #editorial-writing

Natalie M.’s Avatar
Natalie M. May 13, 2016 459 views

How difficult is it to get into the editing business world, and what does it take?

While my ultimate goal is to publish my own novel, I really want to have a career as an editor....

#editorial-writing