Career Questions tagged Online Journalism

Quin F.’s Avatar
Quin F. Jan 10, 2018 173 views

What are some good online journals for up-and-coming journalists?

I'm a freshman in high school and I'm very passionate about a career in writing. I write a lot of poetry but have been dabbling for creative non-fiction and have 4 more years to figure out my exact style. #journalism #online-journalism #writing...

#writing-and-editing

Brielle S.’s Avatar
Brielle S. Apr 04, 2018 185 views

What is the hardest part about being an African American woman in a white, male-dominated field?

I am an a African American woman who interested in going into the journalism profession. #journalism #magazines #online-journalism...

#broadcast-journalism

Kristina H.’s Avatar
Kristina H. Jan 17, 2018 204 views

Recommendations for journalism student?

If any of y'all are journalism students, I'm trying to get into digital/magazine journalism and I'm hoping someone has suggestions of good internship or work study ideas to help me get further in that field? what type of college extracurriculars should i be on the lookout for? #journalism...

#college-major #magazines #online-journalism

Elizabeth P.’s Avatar
Elizabeth P. Aug 30, 2017 303 views

What can you tell me about a writing career?

Is there anything you can tell me on the subject of having a writing career? If there's any advise you can give me to become a fiction writer. #any advise would be helpful #thank you very much #journalism #online-journalism #writing...

#writing-and-editing

Astrud B.’s Avatar
Astrud B. Sep 01, 2017 592 views

Is it better to get good grades or to make connections?

Hi, there! I'm curious as to how to succeed in school, and I'd love to know what my priorities should be. A lot of people have told me that connections are the best resource we get from college, and that it's what most helps with our aspirations. I'm hoping to become a photojournalist,...

#journalism #writer #online-journalism #online-media #broadcast-television #broadcast-media #photojournalism #writing-and-editing #networking

Elisabeth G.’s Avatar
Elisabeth G. Sep 01, 2017 508 views

What steps do I need to take to become a Missionary Photographer?

I plan to go to school to study Biblical Studies at Grace College in Indiana, and I wanted to know what is the best way to get into Missionary work. I want to start a blog about my missions and post my photography. Photography is a side job and would love to share other people's stories on my...

#photographer #christian-college #journalism #blogger #missionwork #photojournalism #blogging #photography #missions #missionary #christian #biblical-history #love-for-job #online-journalism

Anaka N.’s Avatar
Anaka N. Jun 05, 2017 515 views

How can I begin a career in journalism?

Journalism is a popular career path idea for students but the way into this line of work is not clear. #journalism #online-journalism...

#career-details

Racinda G.’s Avatar
Racinda G. May 19, 2016 611 views

Why is journalism important?

Ever since I was in the 6th grade ive wanted to become a Journalist. I have a strong passion for informing, researching and helping the commuity as best as I can. But, I have also realized that there is barely a demand for journalists. And anytime I express to anyone that this is my future they...

#journalism #mass-communications #online-journalism #broadcast-journalism #communications #science-journalism

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Feb 12, 2017 572 views

Why is journalism dying and what are the skills of a competent journalist?

There are some great journalists who work for The Atlantic, The New York Times, and other sources. I was talking to a friend the other day about potential careers and she said I may be a journalist. She thinks that we need GOOD journalists; not just people who write about pop culture. I do...

#international-relations #journalism #advertising #internet #media #online-journalism

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Dec 07, 2016 524 views

What is the best way to get into writing articles?

I want to begin submitting my writing to independent zines and magazine style websites that feature writers, but I do not know where to begin. Do you have any advice on where I can find people to write for, as well as how to become a better writer? Thank you! #journalism #writing...

#magazines #editorial-writing #creative-writing #online-journalism

Pratham T.’s Avatar
Pratham T. Aug 16, 2016 455 views

What type of job do you offer for students who is very good at computer like me??

I am high school passed student. Based On science (Physics,Chemistry,Maths). I want a job in a computer field. So please help me to get a job. I beg you. #computer...

#online-journalism

Angela D.’s Avatar
Angela D. Jun 24, 2016 565 views

I want to get into a job and travel around the world. I have seen in many lifestyle channels like TLC and FOX where the anchor has visits different countries and does a destination haul. How can I get into a silimar job.

I am totally fascinated by the lifestyle channels. The anchors get to visit various countries, try the cuisine. meet new people. I mean what job can be better than this. How could I get into such a Job. I am from India #journalism #travel #lifestyle #traveling #online-journalism...

#channel-partners

Rohit S.’s Avatar
Rohit S. Jun 20, 2016 559 views

What are the options in Journalism?

I am a class 10 student, want to work as a Journalist in future. #journalism #sports-journalism #online-journalism #science-journalism...

#long-form-journalism

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 12, 2016 470 views

How's the outlook for a career in game journalism?

I've always loved playing games and writing about them as a career would be amazing, but how easy is it really to get a job like that? #journalism #online-journalism...

#gaming-industry

Rachel P.’s Avatar
Rachel P. May 22, 2016 773 views

Is journalism a dying breed?

I am a high school freshman and have always loved writing. I am currently involved with a journalism class in my high school where we produce on eight page newspaper every month. Starting in September 2016, I will be the new page editor for our Features page. My lust towards writing and...

#public-relations #youtube #journalism #advertising #writer #author #online-journalism

Rathaya M.’s Avatar
Rathaya M. Feb 15, 2016 670 views

What subjects do i need to apply for journalism in college

I am unsure about the subjects I have to take to do journalism and I would like to know what can I do to be outstanding from other student applications. #journalism #online-journalism #data-analysis #investigative-reporting...

#long-form-journalism