Career Questions tagged Internet

Alexa D.’s Avatar
Alexa D. Apr 06 134 views

What steps does someone take to bring a website from an idea into a fully fledged site accessible on the internet?

So I am about to graduate and I am familiar with how this works on cloud platforms. However, I am curious to know what you would need if hosting yourself and how you would source these things. E.g. domain name, server, etc. Basically, what would you consider your basic website checklist If...

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Dec 16, 2021 1047 views

What is being a remote worker like?

For those you of doing remote work, what is is like overall? 1. What kind of work do you do? (contractor, employee, etc.) 2. In regards to work hours, is it more flexible compared to working on site? 3. How are you compensated? (salary, commission, etc.) 4. What is the earning potential of...

Iris H.’s Avatar
Iris H. May 06, 2018 640 views

How do you start a blog?

I as a teen, I value wellness, through eating habits and exercise. I have explored this field and found that is dominated by woman, who are in adulthood. I would like to create a space for people my age to find support, as these woman bloggers do. #internet #social-media #blog #blogging #media...

Kathryn G.’s Avatar
Kathryn G. Oct 07, 2017 728 views

Is "return offer" the major way of getting a job offer after graduation?

Hi! I am planning to apply to a graduate program in UX/HCI, and work as a UX designer after graduation. There are 1-year programs in some graduate schools, but my concern is that if they do not help much in job seeking. My friends told me if I join a 1-year program, I would not have the chance...

David C.’s Avatar
David C. Sep 10, 2017 748 views

I can't take calculus, chemistry, nor physics cause they don't teach that in 9th. The only class that I have that has to do with mechanical engineering is biology.

So I was wondering if I should study calculus over the internet or should I just study in my math class although my math class isn't calculus and study in my biology class. #mechanical-engineering #internet #math #chemistry #physics #higher-education #high-school-classes

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Feb 12, 2017 901 views

Why is journalism dying and what are the skills of a competent journalist?

There are some great journalists who work for The Atlantic, The New York Times, and other sources. I was talking to a friend the other day about potential careers and she said I may be a journalist. She thinks that we need GOOD journalists; not just people who write about pop culture. I do...

julian B.’s Avatar
julian B. May 02, 2016 1195 views

How do I build a following on my youtube channel?

I am a very small youtuber and am curious to know how I should grow my social media channel. #youtuber #media #internet #social #social-media