Career Questions tagged Social Networking

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17, 2020 283 views

Social media marketing

May I know what are some go-to/required apps if I am looking to step foot into the social media marketing world without any prior experiences? Where can I get some useful free resources to build up my skills (SEO, marketing etc)? social-media-marketing JULY20 social-media...

marketing social-networking

Jesel R.’s Avatar
Jesel R. Mar 27, 2018 514 views

What is the most effective way to network with people?

I am currently struggling with being more social since I am more of an introverted person. However, I am challenging myself to be more open to other people and try to be nicer because sometimes I can come off as angry or pessimistic which is what I am not trying to do with people....

networking social-networking

David P.’s Avatar
David P. Jan 17, 2018 803 views

How helpful is your school’s alumni network in finding a job after graduation?

I can take the proper courses to prepare myself for the job I want. I can get experience. But how do I get set on the proper path? Will the school help me find a good job? Are schools’ alumni more open to hiring recent graduates of their alma mater? social-networking networking...

buildingrelationships business-networking

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 449 views

What are some of the best ways to network as a student?

I am attempting to make my presence known, I guess, outside of my university and connect with different groups that I think perhaps I would like to work for. What are some of the best ways to do this? Are there specific events that would be better for me as an environmental science major? Is...

networking environmental-science social-networking

Spencer  T.’s Avatar
Spencer T. Sep 27, 2017 577 views

What is the easiest way in finding clients when majoring in accounting?

Sometimes when you graduate or have a degree in accounting, it may be hard for you to find the people you need to make it an actual career. That's why I'm asking what is the best way to find clients. accounting...

social-networking

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Apr 01, 2017 913 views

What to do when you don't get the job you really wanted?

I interviewed for a position that I really want and am wondering how I should prepare if I don't get the position? Should I consider volunteering for this organization? Social media was brought up by one of the women that interviewed me, should I look for additional oppurtunities by following...

interviews jobs social-networking job-application

Timothy G.’s Avatar
Timothy G. Apr 03, 2017 818 views

How do you start networking?

Hi, I have a few questions regarding how to go about networking. From what I understand the practice of networking is about discussing career opportunities with people who are involved in the fields that interest you or just to help you get your foot in the door for finding a job. How do you...

connections networking finding-a-career general-career-questions social-networking career-advice

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 691 views

How do employer's really see an applicant with a disability?

I have a tracheotomy and although I am familiar with the laws pertaining to those who are disabled, do employers actually consider hiring you if you are disabled in the back of their minds? I have been out of work for a while due to my issue, but finally have the situation under control. I...

employment-law social-networking homeland-security recruiting

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 616 views

Is it best nowadays to use a recruitment service to obtain a career?

I just want to know what direction to move in besides just looking for employment myself. career-path recruiting...

social-networking

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 585 views

What careers should I be looking for? How do I even get my foot in the door?

I have a Bachelor's in Sociology, minor in International Relations, and a Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security. What should my searches involve? I am willing to move anywhere. recruiting...

social-networking

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 594 views

I may want a Ph.D. studying human trafficking or women and terrorism, what careers should I be looking for?

I have a Bachelor's in Sociology, Minor in International Relations, and now a Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security. I would like to know where I should be looking for employment to prepare me for my possible future studies. criminal-justice social-networking...

homeland-security

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 16, 2017 682 views

How do you use a Homeland Security degree in searching for a career?

I am actually still in school for about three more weeks and I am finishing my thesis on Cybercrime. My experience is in Sociology and the Legal field. I am self-motivated and a hard-worker who learns pretty fast. I am anxious to get a career, but I am 41 years old and have been out of work...

homeland-security cyber-crime government women human-rights counter-terrorism social-networking federal-government

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 16, 2017 968 views

How to make connections on LinkedIn?

I am new to LinkedIn and am wondering who I should add as a connection? I also am transitioning into a different career section, hopefully the non-profit, human service, or social service sector and am not sure if I should add old employees/supervisors from the insurance industry. networking...

linkedin social-networking career-change linkedin-recruiter

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Dec 13, 2016 743 views

What foreign language should I learn?

I want to learn a new language so I can potentially use it in my professional career. Is there a language that would be more useful in the business world? business career entrepreneurship language foreign-languages social-networking...

public-speaking

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 750 views

What websites offer a good platform for networking other than LinkedIn?

I am looking to network with professionals and am wondering if there are sites other than LinkedIn that can offer these opportunities? business networking social-networking network...

business-networking

Bria B.’s Avatar
Bria B. Sep 19, 2016 786 views

Are there any other ways to volunteer for a cause online beside this one?

I want to get more involved in the world and be able to network, or volunteer for activities around the world. The best way as people to connect to each other is through the internet and I want to see if there are other online volunteer options. volunteering networking...

social-networking

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 05, 2016 764 views

How can systems thinking be used in sociology, business, and psychology?

I attended a lecture on systems thinking and I think in terms of networking. Things are always linked together somehow and the entire human race belongs to many different systems. business psychology marketing networking sociology...

social-networking

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 05, 2016 705 views

How can intuition be used in business?

Intuition is advanced pattern recognition while sensing is information that is only verifiable. I know business does require logic but it's also important to see the implications of an action and it's important to speculate. I watched a video about rational intuition and I think that idea could...

networking marketing-strategy business entrepreneurship psychology social-networking communications

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Aug 18, 2016 1008 views

What are some good ways to approach professional people that I don't know on LinkedIn?

I heard a lot about how important it is to get connected with people if one wants to find a job or know more about a specific industry beforehand. What are some ways to approach strangers on LinkedIn that will result in more positive feedback and help me succeed in social networking and job...

career-paths networking linkedin job-search new-hires career career-development social-networking

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 17, 2016 963 views

What are good ways for me to start networking with professionals who work at ESPN?

I'm a college student entering his third year at San Jose State. I am pursuing a major in economics and a minor in advertising. I would love to get an internship at ESPN in the marketing or sales departments. I heard it helps if you have people within your network who work at ESPN but I...

networking linkedin espn social-networking sports

Michael W.’s Avatar
Michael W. Jul 28, 2016 1979 views

How do you "small talk" in socal situations to keep it from getting awkward?

I was recently in a meeting with a judge hopping she would be my mentor to help me into the field of law and i think there were many times when we had those awkward silence moments and i just hope that my terrible social skills didn't mess it up. business social networking...

social-networking

Lisa L.’s Avatar
Lisa L. Jul 21, 2016 725 views

What is the best approach in job seeking given that most of hired jobs are not publicized but through internal networking?

Many people have been in the situation of getting no response when applying for jobs online. The truth is, although the Internet can be effective in finding employment, networking remains the best way to find a job. networking...

social-networking

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. Jul 15, 2016 873 views

How do you write a resume?

I believe that there should be classes one could take to make themselves more appealing in their resumes when trying to get a job. I personally am about to graduate college and have no idea where to even start with a resume. networking sociology resume-writing social-networking...

social-media-marketing evaluating-resumes

Kira N.’s Avatar
Kira N. Jul 12, 2016 1227 views

How do you network?

I have a pretty vague conception of what networking is and how you do it and why it is beneficial. networking social-networking computer-networking...

network

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 13, 2016 830 views

How important is social networking?

In a day and age where social networks are becoming the go-to-thing for everything, how vital to one's life and career is it to expand one's social circle and connections? networking...

social-networking