Career Questions tagged Social Media

Chloe C.’s Avatar
Chloe C. Jan 29 95 views

Could I use my marketing skills to volunteer at career village?

Hi, my name is Chloe, and I am currently a senior, at the University of South Florida. I am seeking a marketing volunteering opportunity in order in order to accomplish my service learning requirement for my class. I'd love to help out with different marketing aspects for your organization!...

#social-media #volunteer #marketing

Clifta T.’s Avatar
Clifta T. Jan 31 108 views

Is Social media marketing a good idea for a job?

Can one honestly make a living and travel by doing social media marketing? Is being an influencer on instagram a legit way to travel? #marketing #media #social-media...

#business

bianca S.’s Avatar
bianca S. Jul 15, 2019 172 views

i want to go into business somehow...

marketing industries really interest me, but I really want to do something that involves social media in some way. I like the thought of making peoples' lives a little easier. #business #social-media #career #career-path...

#marketing

Sara A.’s Avatar
Sara A. Jul 09, 2019 317 views

Haw can I practice marketing online till I find an internship but not only digital marketing

Haw can I practice marketing online till I find an internship but not only digital marketing #marketing #internship #advertising #social-media #business...

#online-business

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Nov 02, 2016 461 views

How would you make a decision between pursuing a career in community management vs. marketing vs. social media?

Many of our students are evaluating multiple options. What are the differences between these professions? When is the right time for students to choose? What would you do to decide? What are some of the "if you like X, you might be a fit for Y" tips related to the community management,...

#community-management #social-media #marketing

Esmeralda L.’s Avatar
Esmeralda L. Aug 29, 2018 200 views

What is the best way to get around in college as a Freshman ?

Make friends ? Talk to teachers ? #sports #social-media...

#communication

Haley E.’s Avatar
Haley E. Aug 29, 2018 156 views

Whats the best networking technique?

social media or in person? #social-media...

#networking

Iris H.’s Avatar
Iris H. May 06, 2018 275 views

How do you start a blog?

I as a teen, I value wellness, through eating habits and exercise. I have explored this field and found that is dominated by woman, who are in adulthood. I would like to create a space for people my age to find support, as these woman bloggers do. #internet #social-media #blog #blogging #media...

#wellness

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Jun 06, 2018 352 views

What picture is appropriate to set as your background on LinkedIn?

While updating my LinkedIn and looking at other people's profiles today, I want to know what background picture is appropriate and unique for my profile. I saw people putting a backdrop of their schools and cities. However, are those the only acceptable pictures? #career-counseling #linkedin...

#social-media #career

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 249 views

How to Get Out the Vote?

Have any professionals been involved in civic engagement? I want to get more young people on my college campus involved in voting and the political process, and I would love to draw on you experiences. I'm a member of the College Democrats, Ignite, AAUW, and SGA; all of these organizations are...

#social-media #college #voting #civics #civic-engagement #political-science #politics

Louis H.’s Avatar
Louis H. Apr 29, 2018 222 views

How do you leave a meaningful impact online?

So I want to pursue a career in social media. Social media remains as a goldmine of opportunity, even 10 years after the creation of arguably the most prevalent platform, YouTube. These platforms are filled with just normal people whose lives are entirely transformed by virtue of being...

#social-media #entrepreneurship

Adriana G.’s Avatar
Adriana G. Jan 23, 2018 257 views

How would you attract clients and continue to grow as a brand via social media?

Given the advancement of technology and various social media platforms, how I would go about attracting clients via the Internet and maintain clients long term for my design brand? #social-media...

#graphic-design

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jan 12, 2018 282 views

What are the career prospects for someone currently involved in Social Media Marketing or Management at a small scale?

I have managed social media accounts for organizations, just as a side hustle, but how could I go one step further? Do I need to get a degree in marketing? #social-media #social-media-marketing #digital-marketing...

#marketing

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jan 12, 2018 235 views

How can one maximize the use of social media to network with other people and companies?

Social Media allows us to access such a wide range of people but how can this vast network be narrowed down to benefit career prospects? #networking...

#social-media

Fernando R.’s Avatar
Fernando R. Dec 20, 2017 326 views

I want to be a youtuber and go to college. What college can I go to?

I want to become a YouTuber (Blogger, Musical Artist, and Actor)and I know you don't need to attend college for that. But I actually want to go to college. What college can I go to? #college #youtube #career #influencing...

#social-media

Marcel W.’s Avatar
Marcel W. Dec 13, 2017 365 views

What do I need to do to be able to work in Cyber Security?

My name is Marcel and I´m 17 years old. I have thought about what I want to be in life and that is a couple of different things. I have thought about doing something in cybersecurity, gaming, social media, application designer, or something in the technology field relate to those categories....

#social-media #cyber-security #cybersecurity #gaming-industry #gaming #mobile-applications #career-goals #technology

Jack D.’s Avatar
Jack D. Nov 06, 2017 436 views

How can I be a funny YouTuber and is it worth it

the reason I'm asking is because I want to be a YouTuber and half of my fanbase will be on what type of commentary I will use like have a serious or funny approach and I want to be the best I can . #youtuber #social-media #content-creation #media-production...

#online-media

Kristine L.’s Avatar
Kristine L. Oct 25, 2017 582 views

How do I pursue a career in social media?

Hello everyone, I am currently a junior in college majoring in Business Accounting and minoring in Public Relations. My interest has always been in social media, blogging, content management (I love writing), and a little bit of graphic design. I love being able to impact and influence other's...

#social-media #marketing #social-media-marketing #communications #blogging #marketing-and-advertising #public-relations

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 16, 2017 539 views

What are the current digital marketing trends in the nonprofit sector?

I am exploring the digital media/social media aspect in the nonprofit sector and wish to understand the career path in this field. What kind of skills are required if one is starting out fresh in this line? #social-media-marketing #social-media #digital-marketing...

#non-profit #non-profit-organization-management #nonprofitdigitalmedia #nonprofits #non-profit-management

Joseph A.’s Avatar
Joseph A. May 18, 2016 515 views
Diamond B.’s Avatar
Diamond B. Feb 07, 2017 532 views

What is the best YouTube camera?

YouTube is a great way that I have seen many people network and get great career opportunities. #blogging #youtube #social-media...

#networking

timothy V.’s Avatar
timothy V. May 04, 2016 527 views

Where should I search for inspiration to make youtube videos?

The reason why I am asking this question is because I want to know what kid's hobby are so that I can make their types of video for entertainment. #youtube #developers #social #social-media #career...

joseph A.’s Avatar
joseph A. May 04, 2016 620 views
julian B.’s Avatar
julian B. May 02, 2016 847 views

How do I build a following on my youtube channel?

I am a very small youtuber and am curious to know how I should grow my social media channel. #youtuber #media #internet #social...

#social-media

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Jan 13, 2017 659 views

What social media skills can I learn to put on my resume?

I am not a communications or advertising/marketing major. I am a STEM major. But, I heard that many jobs want skills in social media and online resources. I know how to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google Drive/Docs, DropBox, and Mendeley. Can these be added to my resume? What other websites...

#social-media #communication-skills #stem #communications #resume #college #job-search #job-application

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 11, 2017 660 views

What is the best way to answer those "worst flaw" questions at an interview?

I know that you aren't supposed to say "I don't have any flaws" or "My biggest flaw is that I am a hard worker", but I don't know what the best answer would be. Are companies looking for people who say "My biggest flaw is _____, but I have done this, that, and the other thing, to improve it."...

#social-media #medicine #law #business #communications #career-details #computer-software #job-application #entrepreneurship

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 12, 2017 506 views

What are the main differences between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician Assistant?

Hi! I am planning on going to college and becoming a Neonatal nurse, but I am also thinking of furthering my education and becoming either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant. What is the difference between the two? Do they both have the same amount of schooling? Do they both do the...

#social-media #medicine #healthcare #career-details #nursing #health #nurse-practitioner #physician-assistant #financial-planning