Career Questions tagged Public Relations

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jun 29, 2021 247 views

Is a sociology degree helpful for public relations?

Hi, My name is Alyssa. I am a 25-year-old student who is almost ready to transfer to a communication university to finish my bachelor's. I currently will hold 2 AAs in communication studies and sociology. My goal is to work with the public ultimately. I want to help with charitable campaigns,...

law public-relations sociology

KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 21, 2020 248 views

What can I do to boost my self-confidence when facing the public

A girl from Hong Kong that needs inspiration and encouragement...

public-relations

Felicita I.’s Avatar
Felicita I. May 15, 2019 754 views

Is a bachelors in Economics better then a PR or Marketing degree?

To make a very long story short, I received a regional scholarship however the school that I plan on attending does not have my major I want to study which would be Public Relations and Marketing. A family friend told me it was better to get a degree in Economics, which would help me with...

marketing business college economics finance public-relations

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Mar 05, 2019 212 views

What tech should I be familiar with for a Public Relations job?

I'm currently in college, studying for a public relations career. What tech should I be familiar with in order to land a job upon graduation? Thank you!...

public-relations

Tanasia R.’s Avatar
Tanasia R. Jul 27, 2018 472 views

WHat are some tips to become an event planner?

I want to become an event planner and eventually own my own business. I am majoring in public relations and I would like to know if there are any specific routes I should take to reach my goals. event-planning public-relations...

business

Jenna K.’s Avatar
Jenna K. May 13, 2018 471 views

What requirements are needed for a Public Relations Specialist?

I am a sophomore, but I have already decided that I want to focus on Public Relations / Communications. What requirements are needed in high school or college classes for someone interested in Public Relations? communications public-relations college-prep career-path...

requirements

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 11, 2018 370 views

What kind of writing samples should I give when asked?

Most jobs in public relations ask for writing samples before the interview process. What kind of writing should I submit? Are there things the recruiters prefer to see? public-relations writing...

writing-samples

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 11, 2018 530 views

How should I improve my writing outside of school?

In public relations it is important that students write well. I want to write more and get more accustomed to writing, is there a way you recommend I do that? What kind of writing should I be practicing? Creative or specifically press releases? public-relations...

writing

Kayla H.’s Avatar
Kayla H. Apr 16, 2018 463 views

What major and college would be best for a public relations agent?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am interested in becoming a public relations agent but have no idea what I should major in or what college would be the best choice for it. public-relations college-major...

college-selection

Carlos J.’s Avatar
Carlos J. Apr 10, 2018 436 views

For those in the sports and entertainment industry what advice can you give.

My dream is to work for sports media, or directly with a sports team. Furthermore, I would also really like to work for entertainment media with my focus being television and film. entertainment sports...

public-relations

Carlos J.’s Avatar
Carlos J. Apr 10, 2018 529 views

As a public relations major does getting a masters degree make much of a difference?

I have been thinking about applying to grad school for quite some time now but every time I do research there is not much information that suggests having a masters degree will give me much of an advantage over other students gradschool...

public-relations

Kevin T.’s Avatar
Kevin T. Mar 24, 2018 380 views

What was your favorite or memorable moment as a public relations specialist?

I am currently studying public relations at San Jose State University. I am enjoying the major more than I expected, but I am curious about favorite or memorable moments from legitimate public relations specialists. Personally, my favorite moment thus far was working on a PR plan with a few...

sjsu college public-relations

Kevin T.’s Avatar
Kevin T. Mar 24, 2018 505 views

How common is it for public relations specialists to move from different organizations during their career?

A public relations specialist visited one of my classes to provide students a glimpse into his career life. One of the details I took notice was how much he moved from organization to organization after a few years. All my life, I was raised to believe in the notion of working at one company...

sjsu career-advice public-relations

Edgar L.’s Avatar
Edgar L. Mar 14, 2018 491 views

What are Do's and Don'ts for my LinkedIn account/Resume/Cover Letter?

I am preparing to hunt for Internships and want to catch the companies attention. I could use all the insight possible. linkedin resume public-relations...

cover-letters