Career Questions tagged Public Relations

Felicita I.’s Avatar
Felicita I. May 15 129 views

Is a bachelors in Economics better then a PR or Marketing degree?

To make a very long story short, I received a regional scholarship however the school that I plan on attending does not have my major I want to study which would be Public Relations and Marketing. A family friend told me it was better to get a degree in Economics, which would help me with...

#marketing #public-relations #college #finance #economics #business

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Mar 05 80 views

What tech should I be familiar with for a Public Relations job?

I'm currently in college, studying for a public relations career. What #tech should I be familiar with in order to land a job upon graduation? Thank you!...

#public-relations

Tanasia R.’s Avatar
Tanasia R. Jul 27, 2018 203 views

WHat are some tips to become an event planner?

I want to become an event planner and eventually own my own business. I am majoring in public relations and I would like to know if there are any specific routes I should take to reach my goals. #event-planning #public-relations...

#business

Jenna K.’s Avatar
Jenna K. May 13, 2018 243 views

What requirements are needed for a Public Relations Specialist?

I am a sophomore, but I have already decided that I want to focus on Public Relations / Communications. What requirements are needed in high school or college classes for someone interested in Public Relations? #communications #public-relations #college-prep #career-path...

#requirements

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 11, 2018 165 views

What kind of writing samples should I give when asked?

Most jobs in public relations ask for writing samples before the interview process. What kind of writing should I submit? Are there things the recruiters prefer to see? #public-relations #writing...

#writing-samples

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 11, 2018 262 views

How should I improve my writing outside of school?

In public relations it is important that students write well. I want to write more and get more accustomed to writing, is there a way you recommend I do that? What kind of writing should I be practicing? Creative or specifically press releases? #public-relations...

#writing

Kayla H.’s Avatar
Kayla H. Apr 16, 2018 225 views

What major and college would be best for a public relations agent?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am interested in becoming a public relations agent but have no idea what I should major in or what college would be the best choice for it. #public-relations #college-major...

#college-selection

Carlos J.’s Avatar
Carlos J. Apr 10, 2018 230 views

For those in the sports and entertainment industry what advice can you give.

My dream is to work for sports media, or directly with a sports team. Furthermore, I would also really like to work for entertainment media with my focus being television and film. #entertainment #sports...

#public-relations

Carlos J.’s Avatar
Carlos J. Apr 10, 2018 263 views

As a public relations major does getting a masters degree make much of a difference?

I have been thinking about applying to grad school for quite some time now but every time I do research there is not much information that suggests having a masters degree will give me much of an advantage over other students #gradschool...

#public-relations

Kevin T.’s Avatar
Kevin T. Mar 24, 2018 213 views

What was your favorite or memorable moment as a public relations specialist?

I am currently studying public relations at San Jose State University. I am enjoying the major more than I expected, but I am curious about favorite or memorable moments from legitimate public relations specialists. Personally, my favorite moment thus far was working on a PR plan with a few...

#public-relations #college #sjsu

Kevin T.’s Avatar
Kevin T. Mar 24, 2018 297 views

How common is it for public relations specialists to move from different organizations during their career?

A public relations specialist visited one of my classes to provide students a glimpse into his career life. One of the details I took notice was how much he moved from organization to organization after a few years. All my life, I was raised to believe in the notion of working at one company...

#public-relations #sjsu #career-advice

Edgar L.’s Avatar
Edgar L. Mar 14, 2018 229 views

What are Do's and Don'ts for my LinkedIn account/Resume/Cover Letter?

I am preparing to hunt for Internships and want to catch the companies attention. I could use all the insight possible. #linkedin #resume #public-relations...

#cover-letters

Valerie B.’s Avatar
Valerie B. Mar 13, 2018 268 views
Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 329 views

What are some relevant skills to stay competitive in the 21st century?

Would coding, trilingualism, graphic design, etc be relevant for marketing/PR/branding interns? Would this be something interns/students need to adopt in their skill set in order to stay competitive? If so, what kind of skills would you recommend, and why? #recruiting #communication-skills...

#public-relations #branding #marketing

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 312 views

What are some key positions or skills that would look good on a resume for business development/marketing internships?

I was wondering if things like language certificates, volunteer positions at smaller companies/charity organizations would look good, or anything else, for positions in business development or marketing/PR. Marketing would include brand consulting, communications/PR, consulting, etc....

#marketing #public-relations #brandconsulting #resume-writing #branding #resumebuilding #internships

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Jan 24, 2018 186 views

How are you able to balance your point of view with your clients?

I would like to know how PR agents and managers are able to create a strategy that is true to them and to their client. #publicrelations...

#public-relations

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Jan 24, 2018 244 views

How do you handle or bounce back from a PR crisis?

As a PR major, should you always assume the worst of any situation in order to be prepared? I feel like we learn a lot about PR in school, but a lot of it is washed down and doesn't always sound as bad as it is. I would like to be prepared for real-life situations....

#public-relations

Sydney K.’s Avatar
Sydney K. Jan 20, 2018 254 views

How do you choose a career as a Communications major?

I am in my second year of college as a Communications major. Communications is extremely broad and there are countless avenues it could take you. I was wondering as someone with a very broad major who has several passions, what is the best way for me to choose a career path? Have any other...

#public-relations #career-path #communications