Career Questions tagged Event Planning

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 05

Should I take small engine repair?

My school has a semester elective called small engine repair. I learn to tune up and fix small engines like ATVs, motorcycles, lawn mowers, etc. Once the class is over, I would be able to fix small engines around my neighborhood, where I can get really good money. But then I will have to take a...

#cars #aerospace #engine #any #event-planning #mechanical #elective #business-management #mechanics #college-major #business #high-school #entrepreneur #robotics #money #healthcare #physics #small-business #automotive #engineer #college #engineering #international-business

Kelsey E.’s Avatar
Kelsey E. May 03
Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. May 03

what do i need to become a party planner

#party planner #decorations what do i need exacltly?...

#event-planning

jess A.’s Avatar
jess A. Oct 07, 2018

Event planner?

I was wondering since I’m heading into year 11 next year and wanting to be an even planner I couldn’t find anything I needed to become one I know I need maths and English but what would I need for electives? #career #eventplanning...

#event-planning

Heather B.’s Avatar
Heather B. Aug 09, 2018

whats the best route for scholarships?

the amount there are is overwhelming, and not all of them need the same essays anymore, some require blogs or are just a drawn-out-of-a-hat chance. whats the best way to comb through these, and/or apply for them? #event-planning...

#medical

Tanasia R.’s Avatar
Tanasia R. Jul 27, 2018

WHat are some tips to become an event planner?

I want to become an event planner and eventually own my own business. I am majoring in public relations and I would like to know if there are any specific routes I should take to reach my goals. #event-planning #public-relations...

#business

anagha K.’s Avatar
anagha K. Jan 12, 2018

what should i take as my stream after 10th if i wish to be an event manager

iam confused about my streams after 10th. i really want to be event manager.what should be my actual way after 10th...

#event-planning

Katelyn C.’s Avatar
Katelyn C. Sep 01, 2017

What is the best way to get connections in the event management industry?

I am a freshman in college and am majoring in event management. I want to have a successful job one day planning events. I think part of being successful is having the right connections. How would a student begin to make those connections? #event-management #event-planning...

#hospitality-industry

Donnaysia B.’s Avatar
Donnaysia B. Feb 16, 2017

Is event planning a slow process?

I am a junior at CCHS, and i am looking forward to becoming an event planner and helping people plan special events and so forth. I want to know more about what to it takes to be a planner as well. #event-planning #wedding-planner...

#event

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017

What is a day like as an event planner?

I am a senior in high school and have done a lot of research about planning. I was wondering what a breakdown of a day is as an event planner. #business #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events...

#corporate-events

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017

To be an event planner, should I work for an event planning business or directly with a certain company that would use my services?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm looking into event planning as a potential career path. I have taken multiple business, marketing, and economics classes, and plan on pursuing something similar in college. Socializing, organization, and problem management are strengths of mine and event...

#event-planning #freelance #business #event-management #corporate-events

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017

As an event planner, how do you go about gaining and keeping customers?

I am a junior in high school, and I am thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering how event planners, go about attracting customers and how you keep them coming back. #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner #meeting-planner...

#event-marketing

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017

How long does it take to plan an event?

I am a junior in high school, looking into becoming an event planner. I was wondering how long, on average in takes to plan an event. #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner...

#meeting-planner

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017

What type of events are the hardest to plan and why?

I am a junior in high school, and I have been thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering which types of events would be the best to plan and what are the most challenging ones and why? #hospitality #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner...

#event #meeting-planner

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017

What degrees should you get to become an Event Planner?

My sister is attempting to get a career in Event Planning. What degrees should she look to get to pursue the career she wants? A friend told her she should look to get a Communications degree, is this true? How does that help? #communications #communication #event-planning...

#event-management #communication-skills #coordinating-events

Queshanna D.’s Avatar
Queshanna D. Oct 26, 2016

Can event planner work with Celebrities and host or set up their events?

I am 17 and I am a senior. When i graduate I want too go to college and take Hospitality Management. I am very nice and polite. I am asking this question because I want to be an event planner and work with celebrities and big companies....

#event-planning

D'asia S.’s Avatar
D'asia S. Oct 19, 2016

What is the typical day of an event planner like?

I am asking this question because I am pplanning to persue my education to become an event planner. #communications #communication #event-planning #communication-skills...

#event-management

Sarah Y.’s Avatar
Sarah Y. May 24, 2016

In terms of event advertising, what are some key tips to help promote and increase participant turn-out?

I served as President and Director of Marketing for my Residence Hall Council. As result, I had to make several flyers promoting the events we were hosting. Thanks to some of my prior art and design classes, I had some understanding of what captured people's attentions. However, I knew there...

#outdoor-recreation #event-planning #promotion #marketing #commercial #service #advertising #planning

Sarah Y.’s Avatar
Sarah Y. May 24, 2016

How could I incorporate the progressively expanding world of technology into an Recreation and Leisure Services based career?

I am an Outdoor Recreation major. Right now in class, we are heavily debating the fight against technology and outdoor services. I believe that electronic technology is something that we can no longer "fight," but rather embrace and use it to promote other existing aspects of life. What...

#sport-psychology #outdoor-recreation #psychology #event-planning #tech-pr #tech #planning

Allison N.’s Avatar
Allison N. May 24, 2016

Is majoring in business management the biggest mistake I could make?

My plan right now it to be an event planner, but I and straying from majoring in hospitality because my dream school doesn't offer that major. Though I have the hopes of possibly opening my own venue one day, is it a huge mistake to major in business management? #business #management...

#hospitality #event-planning

Beryl I.’s Avatar
Beryl I. May 23, 2016

What classes should you take for entertainment management?

I want to go into the Entertainment Management side of things (though I'm still not sure exactly what job I want to target). I don't think I've seen "Entertainment Management" listed as a major in any of the colleges I've looked at. Do you know of any colleges that do? If not, what major am I...

#media-events #entertainment #event-planning #college-major #entertainment-industry #media

Caitlyn K.’s Avatar
Caitlyn K. May 21, 2016

How stressful is a career in event planning?

I've heard it can be stressful. And I've experienced a little of the stress myself. But I'm wondering if it's worth the stress, and if it's really as stressful as they say it is. #event-planning #planning...

#stress

Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 09, 2015

What are some volunteer things that I can do to have fun this Halloween while improving my resume?

This question comes from a student who wants to make the most out of their Halloween by giving back to their community through some form of volunteerism. They're thinking about improving their resume and strengthening their college applications by adding more extracurricular activities to their...

#volunteer #resume #volunteering #volunteerism #event-planning

Micah W.’s Avatar
Micah W. Jun 26, 2015

How do i become a event planner for party's at clubs?

I am 16 years old and i think being an event planner would be a good learning skill and it brings a lot of money in , i could travel the world. #event-planning...

#night-clubs

Dajanae C.’s Avatar
Dajanae C. Feb 25, 2015

How do i know what career path is right for me?

I want to be a RN, but at first i wanted to be a pediatrician because i love working with kids. I also want to party plan , that's why i changed my job from a pediatrician to a RN because i think i could manage party planning an being RN. #nursing #pediatrician #knowledge...

#event-planning

Amanda P.’s Avatar
Amanda P. Jan 13, 2015

Can my Major be completely different than my minor?

I want to major in Business and my minor to be interior designing. I want to be an event planner when I grow up, but also have experience in interior designing to be a stager if that does not follow through. Help! #business #business-management #interior-design #event-planning...

#interior-decorator

Maeve O.’s Avatar
Maeve O. Dec 03, 2014

What are possible careers in public relations and communications?

I am an 11th grader interested in public relations. I like organizing and managing events, and fundraising. The job I am most familiar with in this field is event planning. I think I would be very good at it and I think I would enjoy it too because I like working with people and being able to...

#marketing #public-relations #communications #event-planning #business

Summer  W.’s Avatar
Summer W. Sep 16, 2014

I just need to talk to someone who is a wedding planner for my senior project so they can be a mentor

I need a mentor for my senior project...

#event-planning