Career Questions tagged Event Planning

Abbie L.’s Avatar
Abbie L. Mar 03 122 views

What type of schedule do event planners have, are the days and weekends flexible?

I am a high schooler who is involved in a lot but has most of my weekends free! #event-planning

Andy C.’s Avatar
Andy C. Feb 04 201 views

Should I invent in stocks?

Interest in the stock market. #business #finance #college-major #event-planning #small-business #accounting

Gabrielle C.’s Avatar
Gabrielle C. Oct 25, 2021 180 views

What was the biggest event you've planned?

#event-planning #business

Elias B.’s Avatar
Elias B. May 20, 2021 237 views

What one of the first main things people do when they return back from the navy?

I plan on joining the navy for a minimum of5 years but I'm still deciding on which college I plan on attending when i return back after 5 years. #Navy #event-planning

Paridhi L.’s Avatar
Paridhi L. Jul 24, 2020 454 views

After confirming a Board of Directors, what are the next steps for registering a nonprofit?

#nonprofits #financial-planning #event-planning #organization #board #science #registration #nonprofit #Texas

Kelsey E.’s Avatar
Kelsey E. May 03, 2019 508 views

What skills do you need to be an event planner such as either a party planner or a wedding planner?

#event-planning #management #business

Kelsey E.’s Avatar
Kelsey E. May 03, 2019 276 views

What is the typical work day for event planners?

#event-planning #management #work

Elizabeth G.’s Avatar
Elizabeth G. May 03, 2019 280 views

what do i need to become a party planner

#party planner #decorations what do i need exacltly?

#event-planning

Kaylee H.’s Avatar
Kaylee H. Oct 17, 2018 664 views

How do you balance your family and faith life within the chaotic and busy event planning industry?

#event #planning # #event-planning #time #management #balance #career #future #business #familylife

jess A.’s Avatar
jess A. Oct 07, 2018 526 views

Event planner?

I was wondering since I’m heading into year 11 next year and wanting to be an even planner I couldn’t find anything I needed to become one I know I need maths and English but what would I need for electives? #career #eventplanning #event-planning

Heather B.’s Avatar
Heather B. Aug 09, 2018 374 views

whats the best route for scholarships?

the amount there are is overwhelming, and not all of them need the same essays anymore, some require blogs or are just a drawn-out-of-a-hat chance. whats the best way to comb through these, and/or apply for them? #event-planning #medicine

Tanasia R.’s Avatar
Tanasia R. Jul 27, 2018 535 views

WHat are some tips to become an event planner?

I want to become an event planner and eventually own my own business. I am majoring in public relations and I would like to know if there are any specific routes I should take to reach my goals. #event-planning #public-relations #business

anagha K.’s Avatar
anagha K. Jan 12, 2018 356 views

what should i take as my stream after 10th if i wish to be an event manager

iam confused about my streams after 10th. i really want to be event manager.what should be my actual way after 10th #event-planning

Katelyn C.’s Avatar
Katelyn C. Sep 01, 2017 607 views

What is the best way to get connections in the event management industry?

I am a freshman in college and am majoring in event management. I want to have a successful job one day planning events. I think part of being successful is having the right connections. How would a student begin to make those connections? #event-management #event-planning #hospitality-industry

Donnaysia B.’s Avatar
Donnaysia B. Feb 16, 2017 750 views

Is event planning a slow process?

I am a junior at CCHS, and i am looking forward to becoming an event planner and helping people plan special events and so forth. I want to know more about what to it takes to be a planner as well. #event-planning #wedding-planner #event

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017 862 views

What is a day like as an event planner?

I am a senior in high school and have done a lot of research about planning. I was wondering what a breakdown of a day is as an event planner. #business #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #corporate-events

Amelia M.’s Avatar
Amelia M. Feb 08, 2017 790 views

To be an event planner, should I work for an event planning business or directly with a certain company that would use my services?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm looking into event planning as a potential career path. I have taken multiple business, marketing, and economics classes, and plan on pursuing something similar in college. Socializing, organization, and problem management are strengths of mine and event...

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 731 views

As an event planner, how do you go about gaining and keeping customers?

I am a junior in high school, and I am thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering how event planners, go about attracting customers and how you keep them coming back. #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner #meeting-planner #event-marketing

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 2332 views

How long does it take to plan an event?

I am a junior in high school, looking into becoming an event planner. I was wondering how long, on average in takes to plan an event. #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner #meeting-planner

Bria F.’s Avatar
Bria F. Feb 03, 2017 1603 views

What type of events are the hardest to plan and why?

I am a junior in high school, and I have been thinking about becoming an event planner. I was wondering which types of events would be the best to plan and what are the most challenging ones and why? #hospitality #event-planning #event-management #coordinating-events #wedding-planner...

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 26, 2017 1062 views

What degrees should you get to become an Event Planner?

My sister is attempting to get a career in Event Planning. What degrees should she look to get to pursue the career she wants? A friend told her she should look to get a Communications degree, is this true? How does that help? #communications #communication #event-planning...

Queshanna D.’s Avatar
Queshanna D. Oct 26, 2016 1614 views

Can event planner work with Celebrities and host or set up their events?

I am 17 and I am a senior. When i graduate I want too go to college and take Hospitality Management. I am very nice and polite. I am asking this question because I want to be an event planner and work with celebrities and big companies. #event-planning

D'asia S.’s Avatar
D'asia S. Oct 19, 2016 944 views

What is the typical day of an event planner like?

I am asking this question because I am pplanning to persue my education to become an event planner. #communications #communication #event-planning #communication-skills #event-management

Asif K.’s Avatar
Asif K. Jun 22, 2016 790 views

What is 'event management'?

Is it a good career option? #event #events #event-planning #event-management

Sarah Y.’s Avatar
Sarah Y. May 24, 2016 887 views

In terms of event advertising, what are some key tips to help promote and increase participant turn-out?

I served as President and Director of Marketing for my Residence Hall Council. As result, I had to make several flyers promoting the events we were hosting. Thanks to some of my prior art and design classes, I had some understanding of what captured people's attentions. However, I knew there...

Sarah Y.’s Avatar
Sarah Y. May 24, 2016 829 views

How could I incorporate the progressively expanding world of technology into an Recreation and Leisure Services based career?

I am an Outdoor Recreation major. Right now in class, we are heavily debating the fight against technology and outdoor services. I believe that electronic technology is something that we can no longer "fight," but rather embrace and use it to promote other existing aspects of life. What...

Allison N.’s Avatar
Allison N. May 24, 2016 1093 views

Is majoring in business management the biggest mistake I could make?

My plan right now it to be an event planner, but I and straying from majoring in hospitality because my dream school doesn't offer that major. Though I have the hopes of possibly opening my own venue one day, is it a huge mistake to major in business management? #business #management...

Beryl I.’s Avatar
Beryl I. May 23, 2016 820 views

What classes should you take for entertainment management?

I want to go into the Entertainment Management side of things (though I'm still not sure exactly what job I want to target). I don't think I've seen "Entertainment Management" listed as a major in any of the colleges I've looked at. Do you know of any colleges that do? If not, what major am I...

Caitlyn K.’s Avatar
Caitlyn K. May 21, 2016 659 views

How stressful is a career in event planning?

I've heard it can be stressful. And I've experienced a little of the stress myself. But I'm wondering if it's worth the stress, and if it's really as stressful as they say it is. #event-planning #planning #stress

Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 09, 2015 2674 views

What are some volunteer things that I can do to have fun this Halloween while improving my resume?

This question comes from a student who wants to make the most out of their Halloween by giving back to their community through some form of volunteerism. They're thinking about improving their resume and strengthening their college applications by adding more extracurricular activities to their...