Career Questions tagged Women In Business

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 10, 2018 388 views
Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. May 05, 2018 522 views

How do I get a job as a bookkeeper?

So many sources say that all you need is a high school diploma to be able to work as a bookkeeper, howeve, anywhere I have looked most ask for 3-5 years of experience. I have taken (2 courses) accounting principals in financial and managerial accounting and plan to pursue a bachelors in...

business women-in-business bookkeeping accounting

Nata J.’s Avatar
Nata J. May 01, 2018 511 views

Should I double major?

I'm interested in Business Administration but I'm also interested in Marketing and Public Relations. They have many similar (or even same courses.) What should I do? Double major or minor? majors minor college marketing...

women-in-business

Tamikia J.’s Avatar
Tamikia J. Jan 16, 2018 506 views

How do you decide what to do with your life after college?

It’s hard for me decide how to narrow my options down to do something beneficial to to my life. women-in-business business...

career-counseling

Alexandria O.’s Avatar
Alexandria O. Jan 16, 2018 564 views

Should I major in Entrpreneurship?

I want to sell make wall art for homes, but I don’t if I should major in visual arts or Entrepreneurship. major women-in-business business entrepreneurship college art...

visual-arts

Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Apr 20, 2018 729 views

What is the difference between a Bachelor's in Accounting and a Bachelor's in Business Administration with Emphasis in Accounting?

I am asking this question because certain institutions offer one or the other and I was wondering if they are the same degree essentially (or is there a difference). I would love to hear from professionals from both sides. I am interested in becoming an accountant and I would like to choose a...

business-administration women-in-business accountant women-in-accounting financial-accounting accounting

Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Apr 17, 2018 903 views

What are the greatest challenges of women in accounting?

I have taken interest to major in accounting. I hear many things on how women are discriminated against in certain career fields and majors. For example, not many engineers are women, or doctors should be men. Both of which statements that I disagree with. That leads me to ask about how are...

women-in-business accountant business women women-in-accounting challenges accounting

Jacklyn H.’s Avatar
Jacklyn H. Apr 11, 2018 401 views
Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 606 views

How does a startup go from selling to independent boutiques to large retail stores?

I am in graduate school developing a health and environmentally conscious skin care line. Since I have reached out to different stores of how I can acquire shelf space, I feel that there is a gap in my knowledge between small and large retailers. I'm aware that I need to make bigger sales and...

beauty-industry women-in-business sustainability women-in-leadership natural entrepreneurship skincare

Kimberly M.’s Avatar
Kimberly M. Mar 06, 2018 367 views

Am I already behind in school?

I am currently a freshman in college and I just figured out that I want to do something business related. The problem is, I'm not yet enrolled in the business college at my university and I'm also planning to transfer schools. I haven't taken any business pre-requisite classes and I'm afraid I...

business women-in-business college

Yabrina C.’s Avatar
Yabrina C. Jan 24, 2018 439 views

Best markets to break into?

I will be graduating with my associates degree soon, and then will be finishing up a few classes to earn my associates in business as well. I would like to know which field of business is best to pursue once I graduate that will allow me to utilize my degrees. graduation classof2020 degree...

women-in-business careers-in-business careers

Yabrina C.’s Avatar
Yabrina C. Jan 24, 2018 611 views

Certifications For Business?

I'm asking about certificates because I'm interested in working in the non profit field, and I know that in any field of business, certificates to go along with degrees look good on a resume. women-in-business business certification...

resume-writing

Jalynn B.’s Avatar
Jalynn B. Jan 23, 2018 426 views

Is a business degree in college rigorous?

I want to major in a business related degree when i get to college in fall 2018 college-major...

women-in-business

Keiana K.’s Avatar
Keiana K. Jan 21, 2018 389 views

What colleges have both business and cosmetology majors?

I want to own my own business dealing with hair and nails. Just basically all beauty. cosmetology-...

women-in-business

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Jan 16, 2018 505 views

What's a good major to pursue if I want to have a "back up" career?

I want to study psychology, criminology, marketing/accounting, or sociology. Eventually I want to become an FBI Agent. I know there are people who don't stay in the same career all their life or sometimes their careers even fail. What's a good major I can pursue that will guarantee me a job in...

law-enforcement sociology social-media-marketing women-in-business fbi-agent financial-stability choosing-a-major psychology career-choice money

Clotia S.’s Avatar
Clotia S. Jan 16, 2018 527 views

I Really Wanna major In Theatre But I Also Want To Take Business Classes . To Have As A Back Up . Would Me Taking Business Classes Help Me In The Future Or Would I Have To Major In It For It To Really Help Me ?

I'm Asking This Question Because I Want To Know That If My Acting Doesn't Work Out N I Took Business Classes Would That Help Me In The Future Or Would I Have To Go Back To School In Major For That. theater women-in-business...

career-paths

Lidia M.’s Avatar
Lidia M. Oct 10, 2017 727 views
Marie F.’s Avatar
Marie F. Sep 20, 2017 700 views

I would like to work for a non-profit organization. What degree would I need?

I am interested in working with organizations that focus on Rape and Child molestation awareness,out reach, and patient services. I would like to work in the field like going to schools, setting up fund raising events with the public and over all getting the organizations message out there....

cultural-awareness nonprofits community-outreach sexual-assault-awareness women-in-business nonprofit-organization nonprofit-management child-welfare public-safety fundraising empowering-women

Chelsea H.’s Avatar
Chelsea H. Aug 31, 2017 502 views

Does Business and Accounting go hand in hand?

I am wanting to do Business/Accounting and I am wondering if I would have to take them as separate degrees or are they on the same track to where I can obtain both at the same time....

women-in-business