Career Questions tagged Accountant

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 30

how do I get all A's?

my mom said if i got as for the whole year i could get a cat #college #accounting #college-admissions #career #scholarship #accountant...

#financial-accounting

Anaya F.’s Avatar
Anaya F. Sep 17

What skills are required in your position on a day-to day basis?

I am a senior in high school who is currently in an accounting class. #accounting #finance #business...

#accountant

Jaylyn C.’s Avatar
Jaylyn C. Sep 06
Jaylyn C.’s Avatar
Jaylyn C. Sep 06

What do your days consist of?

I’m a senior student at Brennan I am interested in learning more about being an accountant and starting my own business because I’ve done it since e freshman year #accounting #business...

#accountant

Adalberto M.’s Avatar
Adalberto M. Apr 05
Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Mar 22

How do I get an opportunity to intern in one of the Big Four accounting firms?

I am currently majoring in Accounting and I will be a Junior next semester (Fall 2019). I am really interested in interning in one of the Big Four (KPMG, YE, PWC, and Deloitte). There are locations near me and I have started applying to two of them, but what do these firms look for in a...

#accountant #pwc #deloitte #business #college #bigfour #ernstyoung #accounting #kpmg #finance #cpa

Valerie G.’s Avatar
Valerie G. Aug 30, 2018

How extendable is the practice of Accounting in the real world, aside from bookkeeping?

Where else, aside from the big four or an accounting department can I work with a degree in Accounting #accountant #banker #cpa...

#business

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Aug 28, 2018

What is the best field in accounting to go into?

I want to be an accountant but I don't know what type of accountant I want to be. I plan on getting my CPA, but you have to have that for most accounting jobs. I like numbers and the order of things. #accountant...

#accounting

Paige K.’s Avatar
Paige K. May 23, 2018

What's it like as an accountant?

I was wondering what it's like to be one on the daily, like the hours, what I should expect in a workplace, what some unexpected things to the job were; details in general. #business #finance...

#accountant

Tierra J.’s Avatar
Tierra J. Jan 16, 2018
Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Apr 20, 2018

What is the difference between a Bachelor's in Accounting and a Bachelor's in Business Administration with Emphasis in Accounting?

I am asking this question because certain institutions offer one or the other and I was wondering if they are the same degree essentially (or is there a difference). I would love to hear from professionals from both sides. I am interested in becoming an accountant and I would like to choose a...

#accountant #business-administration #women-in-accounting #accounting #women-in-business #financial-accounting

Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Apr 17, 2018

What are the greatest challenges of women in accounting?

I have taken interest to major in accounting. I hear many things on how women are discriminated against in certain career fields and majors. For example, not many engineers are women, or doctors should be men. Both of which statements that I disagree with. That leads me to ask about how are...

#accountant #women-in-accounting #challenges #accounting #women #business #women-in-business

Julia S.’s Avatar
Julia S. Mar 25, 2018

What is the highest title in the Accounting field?

I am undecided in my major, but I am strongly considering Accounting and becoming a CPA. I want to know if that position would be the highest position I could acquire. #job-promotion #job-rankings #accounting #cpa #accountant #undecided #need-this-scholarship #broke...

#help #independently-funding-my-education

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Jan 16, 2018

What is the likelihood of working full-time from home as a tax accountant? Should I pursue managerial accounting instead?

I am trying to decide my specialization in accounting to determine the best route to be able to work from home and spend time with my family#accounting #accountant #family...

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Jan 04, 2018

Are there any advice or tips on how to properly network with professional accountants?

I am a second year accounting student that have attended many career fairs, networking events, and clubs to start building the all-important connections. However, I feel I have not made much progress each time I go to a different event. My questions are generic despite how hard I try to come up...

#accountant #big4 #networking #accounting #first-impressions #big-4

Lavanya M.’s Avatar
Lavanya M. May 14, 2016

What course should I take after my second PUC?

i have completed my 2nd PUC in a commerce group . I am interested in mathematics, and I want to join B.com. What are the groups there in the B.com like marketing, accounting ect., and which is related to mathematics and commerce? #marketing #accountant #banking #statistics #commerce #math...

#economics #mathematics

Sam W.’s Avatar
Sam W. Sep 30, 2017

What does a week look like for an account at a firm like Nike vs a small business owner?

I took accounting as a junior and never fully understood what the difference in jobs a big time company accountant would do vs a small mom and pop shop....

#accountant

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Sep 30, 2017

What is the most fulfilling aspect of your job in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, and/or taxing?

People like me often search for jobs that will allow them to make a difference in the world and give their life purpose meaning, and direction. Who knows? Maybe accounting could realize that goal. #accounting #audit #auditor #auditing #accountant #consulting #tax #taxing #taxation...

#consultants

Vivian  S.’s Avatar
Vivian S. Sep 29, 2017

What kind of work day does an accountant typically have?

Because movies and the media often portray #accounting as a "boring and uninteresting" career, I would like to know what being an #accountant is really...

Katheryn B.’s Avatar
Katheryn B. Sep 28, 2017

What is the difference between an accountant and a bookkeeper?

I am considering a career in bookkeeping, and I am curious to know if a bookkeeper is the same as an...

#accountant

Eduardo M.’s Avatar
Eduardo M. Sep 28, 2017

Is accounting a career that will be unecessary in the near future?

Technology has advanced to the point where accountants are near useless, and thus wanted an opinion from different people. #accounting #financial-accounting #dead #useless...

#accountant

Kailey W.’s Avatar
Kailey W. Sep 28, 2017

When becoming an accountant, is it best to do multiple internships or just go straight into the workforce?

I understand if you do several internships, you'll have more experience once you truly get an accounting career. But is it more useful to go straight into the workforce after you get your degree? Because by then, all of your academic knowledge is fresh in your mind and possibly businesses would...

#accountant #internships

thuy N.’s Avatar
thuy N. Sep 27, 2017

How much money do you make as an accountant?

I am asking because I want to know if accountant would be a good job....

#accountant