Career Questions tagged Accountant

David D.’s Avatar
David D. Apr 21 147 views

What are the skills and educational requirements to become an accountant?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I wish to become an accountant. I am in honors math classes and I quite enjoy math, I get exited once I finally solve a challenging problem. I had a project in 8th grade that involved taxes and I actually enjoyed it, that's how I got the idea that I want to...

#college #business #accounting #math #accountant

Haley H.’s Avatar
Haley H. Dec 12, 2019 242 views
Haley H.’s Avatar
Haley H. Dec 12, 2019 238 views

How much money does an accountant make?

I'm in business class, and I am in the accounting department in that class. #business #accounting #accountant...

#finance

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 30, 2019 201 views

how do I get all A's?

my mom said if i got as for the whole year i could get a cat #college #accounting #college-admissions #career #scholarship #accountant...

#financial-accounting

Anaya F.’s Avatar
Anaya F. Sep 17, 2019 204 views
Jaylyn C.’s Avatar
Jaylyn C. Sep 06, 2019 78 views
Jaylyn C.’s Avatar
Jaylyn C. Sep 06, 2019 169 views

What do your days consist of?

I’m a senior student at Brennan I am interested in learning more about being an accountant and starting my own business because I’ve done it since e freshman year #accounting #business...

#accountant

Adalberto M.’s Avatar
Adalberto M. Apr 05, 2019 443 views
Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Mar 22, 2019 901 views

How do I get an opportunity to intern in one of the Big Four accounting firms?

I am currently majoring in Accounting and I will be a Junior next semester (Fall 2019). I am really interested in interning in one of the Big Four (KPMG, YE, PWC, and Deloitte). There are locations near me and I have started applying to two of them, but what do these firms look for in a...

#accounting #college #bigfour #ernstyoung #kpmg #deloitte #finance #cpa #accountant #pwc #business

Valerie G.’s Avatar
Valerie G. Aug 30, 2018 286 views

How extendable is the practice of Accounting in the real world, aside from bookkeeping?

Where else, aside from the big four or an accounting department can I work with a degree in Accounting #accountant #banker #cpa...

#business

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Aug 28, 2018 293 views

What is the best field in accounting to go into?

I want to be an accountant but I don't know what type of accountant I want to be. I plan on getting my CPA, but you have to have that for most accounting jobs. I like numbers and the order of things. #accountant...

#accounting

Joshua R.’s Avatar
Joshua R. May 23, 2018 413 views
Paige K.’s Avatar
Paige K. May 23, 2018 239 views

What's it like as an accountant?

I was wondering what it's like to be one on the daily, like the hours, what I should expect in a workplace, what some unexpected things to the job were; details in general. #business #finance...

#accountant

Joshua R.’s Avatar
Joshua R. May 23, 2018 245 views
Tierra J.’s Avatar
Tierra J. Jan 16, 2018 286 views
Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Apr 20, 2018 413 views

What is the difference between a Bachelor's in Accounting and a Bachelor's in Business Administration with Emphasis in Accounting?

I am asking this question because certain institutions offer one or the other and I was wondering if they are the same degree essentially (or is there a difference). I would love to hear from professionals from both sides. I am interested in becoming an accountant and I would like to choose a...

#women-in-business #financial-accounting #women-in-accounting #accounting #accountant #business-administration

Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Apr 17, 2018 523 views

What are the greatest challenges of women in accounting?

I have taken interest to major in accounting. I hear many things on how women are discriminated against in certain career fields and majors. For example, not many engineers are women, or doctors should be men. Both of which statements that I disagree with. That leads me to ask about how are...

#women-in-business #women-in-accounting #business #accounting #challenges #accountant #women

Julia S.’s Avatar
Julia S. Mar 25, 2018 428 views

What is the highest title in the Accounting field?

I am undecided in my major, but I am strongly considering Accounting and becoming a CPA. I want to know if that position would be the highest position I could acquire. #job-promotion #job-rankings #accounting #cpa #accountant #undecided #need-this-scholarship #broke...

#independently-funding-my-education #help

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Jan 16, 2018 263 views

What is the likelihood of working full-time from home as a tax accountant? Should I pursue managerial accounting instead?

I am trying to decide my specialization in accounting to determine the best route to be able to work from home and spend time with my family#accounting #accountant #family...

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Jan 04, 2018 546 views

Are there any advice or tips on how to properly network with professional accountants?

I am a second year accounting student that have attended many career fairs, networking events, and clubs to start building the all-important connections. However, I feel I have not made much progress each time I go to a different event. My questions are generic despite how hard I try to come up...

#first-impressions #big-4 #big4 #accounting #networking #accountant

Lavanya M.’s Avatar
Lavanya M. May 14, 2016 741 views

What course should I take after my second PUC?

i have completed my 2nd PUC in a commerce group . I am interested in mathematics, and I want to join B.com. What are the groups there in the B.com like marketing, accounting ect., and which is related to mathematics and commerce? #marketing #accountant #banking #statistics #commerce #math...

#mathematics #economics

Sam W.’s Avatar
Sam W. Sep 30, 2017 377 views

What does a week look like for an account at a firm like Nike vs a small business owner?

I took accounting as a junior and never fully understood what the difference in jobs a big time company accountant would do vs a small mom and pop shop....

#accountant