Career Questions tagged Employment

Chris Q.’s Avatar
Chris Q. Apr 22 192 views

Should you take a part time job while attending College?

I'm planning to take a part-time job in the summer but I'm wondering if I should continue to work during the first semester of collge. #first-job...

#employment

Sharmilla H.’s Avatar
Sharmilla H. Feb 26 146 views

How do I make my resume stand out when I don't have any work experience?

I'm a final year student who has to go into the corporate world soon. However, it's hard writing and building my resume because I have no previous work experience. How can I stand out? #job #work #employment...

#economics

Mary J.’s Avatar
Mary J. Dec 18, 2020 376 views

How can I find a job where I can start working as soon as possible?

My name is Mary J, it has been months since I've been searching for a job in my area with no success. My credit score is getting low since I'm not able to pay for it and I can't find any side jobs that can keep me going through the next few months. I've tried looking for internships but it has...

#unemployed #employ #jobs #employment

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18, 2020 453 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#technology #salary #cybersecurity #school #data #datascience #dataanalyst #coding

Iqra T.’s Avatar
Iqra T. Apr 17, 2020 505 views

What would you say the most difficult part of your job is?

Everything has pros and cons, what are the cons of your job? #career #job #healthcare #medicine #employment #police...

#tech

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12, 2019 3883 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#college #graduateschool #college-major #psychology #neuroscience #major #employment

Ethan R.’s Avatar
Ethan R. Apr 16, 2018 548 views

what keeps you employed ?

Can my characteristics, appearance, and good work improve my chances in keeping a gob? #work #employment #job #job-applications #advancement #career-advising...

#human-resources

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 393 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Grace F.’s Avatar
Grace F. Apr 16, 2018 436 views

Reaching your dream job is tough. What do you think it means to reach your dream job, and why is it so rewarding?

We all have an image of a dream job, yet was makes it a dream? Is it the hard work and persistence that makes the job rewarding. Or maybe even today it's considered a dream job because the odds of you receiving the job as a female is small. I would love to hear peoples perspectives on what they...

#dream #jobs #career-advising #success #passion #motivation #employment

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 343 views

Internships after college?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#workforce #interning #internships #employment

Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 17, 2018 595 views

How old were you when you got your first stable job?

Im still a student but will enter the real world soon. What was it like for you to transition from school to work? What were the hardest things to get used to? What are the best parts of starting work? What advice would you give your past self if you could? #real-world #first-job #jobs...

#job-search #employment

Tayana H.’s Avatar
Tayana H. Jan 16, 2018 372 views

Will there still be use for humans in the medical field 20 years from now?

With humans creating robots that's gain citizenship in other countries. Are we at risk of being unemployed? Creating robots that teaches themselves and learn faster than humans can easily put us ALL at risk for employment sooner or later. #technology #employment #youth-employment #medicine...

#healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #job-opportunities

Loren V.’s Avatar
Loren V. Apr 18, 2018 470 views

Is it worth it to apply for jobs you are only slightly qualified for?

I was wondering if it is a good idea to apply for higher level jobs even if you don't have a degree or a specialization that is required or desired. Would someone hiring even consider me? #hiring #employment #jobs...

#future-career

jase R.’s Avatar
jase R. Apr 05, 2018 390 views

How many warnings you get and/or days you can miss before you get fired?

because i am researching on how to be an employable worker #heavyequipment #career...

#employment

Kylie S.’s Avatar
Kylie S. Jan 23, 2018 448 views

What kind do employers look for in students that are fresh out of college?

Next fall I am going to college and I want to know what types of activities or goals that I should pursue to make my self a better candidate when I graduate and start looking for a job in my field. I know that I should obviously do well academically and get some work experience, but I want to...

#college #resume #how-do-i-get-hired-straight-out-of-school #biomedical-engineering #employment

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 799 views

Which celebrity or public figure do you look up to?

Was asked this in an interview and was wondering how professionals would respond. What are employers/interviewers looking for when they ask this? How should I go about answering this? #interview #mock-interviews #interviews #interviewskills #interviewing-skills #rolemodel #interview-questions...

#jobs #careers #employment #interview-preparation #career #internships #interviewing

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 457 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#job-skills #employment