Career Questions tagged Employment

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#college-major #neuroscience #employment #psychology #graduateschool #college #major

Ethan R.’s Avatar
Ethan R. Apr 16, 2018

what keeps you employed ?

Can my characteristics, appearance, and good work improve my chances in keeping a gob? #work #employment #job #job-applications #advancement #career-advising...

#human-resources

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Grace F.’s Avatar
Grace F. Apr 16, 2018

Reaching your dream job is tough. What do you think it means to reach your dream job, and why is it so rewarding?

We all have an image of a dream job, yet was makes it a dream? Is it the hard work and persistence that makes the job rewarding. Or maybe even today it's considered a dream job because the odds of you receiving the job as a female is small. I would love to hear peoples perspectives on what they...

#passion #dream #career-advising #employment #success #motivation #jobs

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018

Internships after college?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#workforce #internships #interning #employment

Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 17, 2018

How old were you when you got your first stable job?

Im still a student but will enter the real world soon. What was it like for you to transition from school to work? What were the hardest things to get used to? What are the best parts of starting work? What advice would you give your past self if you could? #real-world #first-job #jobs...

#job-search #employment

Tayana H.’s Avatar
Tayana H. Jan 16, 2018

Will there still be use for humans in the medical field 20 years from now?

With humans creating robots that's gain citizenship in other countries. Are we at risk of being unemployed? Creating robots that teaches themselves and learn faster than humans can easily put us ALL at risk for employment sooner or later. #technology #employment #youth-employment #medicine...

#healthcare #job-opportunities #hospital-and-health-care

Loren V.’s Avatar
Loren V. Apr 18, 2018

Is it worth it to apply for jobs you are only slightly qualified for?

I was wondering if it is a good idea to apply for higher level jobs even if you don't have a degree or a specialization that is required or desired. Would someone hiring even consider me? #hiring #employment #jobs...

#future-career

jase R.’s Avatar
jase R. Apr 05, 2018

How many warnings you get and/or days you can miss before you get fired?

because i am researching on how to be an employable worker #heavyequipment #career...

#employment

jase R.’s Avatar
jase R. Apr 05, 2018
Kylie S.’s Avatar
Kylie S. Jan 23, 2018

What kind do employers look for in students that are fresh out of college?

Next fall I am going to college and I want to know what types of activities or goals that I should pursue to make my self a better candidate when I graduate and start looking for a job in my field. I know that I should obviously do well academically and get some work experience, but I want to...

#employment #resume #biomedical-engineering #college #how-do-i-get-hired-straight-out-of-school

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018

Which celebrity or public figure do you look up to?

Was asked this in an interview and was wondering how professionals would respond. What are employers/interviewers looking for when they ask this? How should I go about answering this? #interview #mock-interviews #interviews #interviewskills #interviewing-skills #rolemodel #interview-questions...

#career #internships #employment #interviewing #jobs #careers #interview-preparation

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#job-skills #employment

Deep J.’s Avatar
Deep J. Oct 25, 2017

What are the career options as a PR major?

I am a freshman at college and I am majoring in PR at San Jose State University. I love studying it so far. After I am done with my bachelors, should I go for my Masters or find a job? Also, what kind of job in this field would pay me more? #public-relations #marketing #employment #internships...

#career-advice

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. May 13, 2016
andrea G.’s Avatar
andrea G. May 12, 2016

What is the employment outlook for those with a biology degree?

I am a high school senior who is planning on majoring in biology (most likely general biology). Although I plan on pursuing medical school in the future, I would like to know how the employment perspective is for someone who holds a bachelors of science for biology. #biology #employment...

#career #college #career-counseling #science

Stephanie G.’s Avatar
Stephanie G. Sep 29, 2017

Are there any programs avaible that help obtain employement after college?

Honestly, I am scared of being thousands of dollars in debt without a job. I know a few adults who are still paying of their loans, and that is frightening #employment...

#debt

Krysta  W.’s Avatar
Krysta W. Sep 01, 2017

How to get an internship?

I know most colleges offer internships for college juniors and seniors, but how do you find some if your college doesn't offer any opportunities? Do you contact a business and instead of asking for a job do you ask for an internship? Do you need to fill out and turn in a resume when you do? How...

#internships #opportunites #employment #job-search #college #work

Wanita J.’s Avatar
Wanita J. May 11, 2017

How much time is realistically invested in the process of becoming a real estate agent before I can start building a clientele?

My goal after college was to always become an entrepreneur and I want to start right away post grad with getting licensed. I am starting my research now and I plan on starting next summer after I graduate. I heard time is a hefty investment in this process and I want to be realistic when...

#entrepreneurship #employment #real-estate #career-details

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 22, 2017

When applying for entry level jobs while still in college/ recent graduate, do employers care about GPA?

I work really hard and have a 4.0 GPA in college as a full time student, some kids that I talk to say that GPA doesn't matter in the real world. I am asking a professional, does a high GPA show for an excellent work ethic and intelligence? #management #resume #interviews #college-jobs #hiring...

#job-application #resume-writing #first-job #employment

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017

When you're fresh out of college is it best to work for a while, travel, or go straight to Grad school?

I'm curious about the current state of the job market as it pertains to the hiring rate of students fresh out of college with their first Bachelor's degree. Do most employers favor new grads who've worked while in school? If so, how do students who have little work experience due to being...

#college-admissions #employment #hiring #job-application #graduate-school #recruiting #job-market #job-search #college-jobs

Nicole R.’s Avatar
Nicole R. May 26, 2016

Optometry vs. Ophthalmology- Should I be worried that the MDs will take over the ODs?

I am interested in pursuing Optometry, which means I would need to take the OAT, and go into Optometry school. However, if you go through with Medical school, and the MCAT, one could become an Ophthalmologist. I don't want to begin following the Optometry route if the MDs could take over the...

#healthcare #medical #optometry #employment #ophthalmologist #optometrist #medicine

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 22, 2017

Is it appropriate to add work experience in a place you weren't officially employed at in your resume?

My parents own a grocery store, and when I was a young child, I would help by doing simple tasks such as putting away shopping baskets, aiding cashiers with bagging groceries, and bringing shopping carts inside the store. I also worked at the deli section when it first opened and took orders...

#career #working #job #employment #resume #work