Career Questions tagged Employment

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18 87 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#cybersecurity #salary #datascience #coding #data #school #dataanalyst #technology

Harshit R.’s Avatar
Harshit R. Apr 29 176 views
Iqra T.’s Avatar
Iqra T. Apr 17 191 views

What would you say the most difficult part of your job is?

Everything has pros and cons, what are the cons of your job? #career #job #healthcare #medicine #employment #police...

#tech

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12, 2019 1615 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#college-major #psychology #graduateschool #neuroscience #college #employment #major

Ethan R.’s Avatar
Ethan R. Apr 16, 2018 360 views

what keeps you employed ?

Can my characteristics, appearance, and good work improve my chances in keeping a gob? #work #employment #job #job-applications #advancement #career-advising...

#human-resources

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 280 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Luke H.’s Avatar
Luke H. Apr 16, 2018 467 views
Grace F.’s Avatar
Grace F. Apr 16, 2018 273 views

Reaching your dream job is tough. What do you think it means to reach your dream job, and why is it so rewarding?

We all have an image of a dream job, yet was makes it a dream? Is it the hard work and persistence that makes the job rewarding. Or maybe even today it's considered a dream job because the odds of you receiving the job as a female is small. I would love to hear peoples perspectives on what they...

#dream #success #employment #jobs #passion #motivation #career-advising

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 258 views

Internships after college?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#interning #internships #workforce #employment

Sean P.’s Avatar
Sean P. Jan 17, 2018 399 views

How old were you when you got your first stable job?

Im still a student but will enter the real world soon. What was it like for you to transition from school to work? What were the hardest things to get used to? What are the best parts of starting work? What advice would you give your past self if you could? #real-world #first-job #jobs...

#employment #job-search

Tayana H.’s Avatar
Tayana H. Jan 16, 2018 272 views

Will there still be use for humans in the medical field 20 years from now?

With humans creating robots that's gain citizenship in other countries. Are we at risk of being unemployed? Creating robots that teaches themselves and learn faster than humans can easily put us ALL at risk for employment sooner or later. #technology #employment #youth-employment #medicine...

#job-opportunities #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care

Loren V.’s Avatar
Loren V. Apr 18, 2018 315 views

Is it worth it to apply for jobs you are only slightly qualified for?

I was wondering if it is a good idea to apply for higher level jobs even if you don't have a degree or a specialization that is required or desired. Would someone hiring even consider me? #hiring #employment #jobs...

#future-career

jase R.’s Avatar
jase R. Apr 05, 2018 271 views

How many warnings you get and/or days you can miss before you get fired?

because i am researching on how to be an employable worker #heavyequipment #career...

#employment

jase R.’s Avatar
jase R. Apr 05, 2018 269 views
Kylie S.’s Avatar
Kylie S. Jan 23, 2018 374 views

What kind do employers look for in students that are fresh out of college?

Next fall I am going to college and I want to know what types of activities or goals that I should pursue to make my self a better candidate when I graduate and start looking for a job in my field. I know that I should obviously do well academically and get some work experience, but I want to...

#biomedical-engineering #college #employment #how-do-i-get-hired-straight-out-of-school #resume

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 526 views

Which celebrity or public figure do you look up to?

Was asked this in an interview and was wondering how professionals would respond. What are employers/interviewers looking for when they ask this? How should I go about answering this? #interview #mock-interviews #interviews #interviewskills #interviewing-skills #rolemodel #interview-questions...

#career #jobs #interviewing #internships #careers #employment #interview-preparation

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 347 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? #business #resume #resume-building #evaluating-resumes #job-search-strategies #job-market...

#employment #job-skills

Deep J.’s Avatar
Deep J. Oct 25, 2017 490 views

What are the career options as a PR major?

I am a freshman at college and I am majoring in PR at San Jose State University. I love studying it so far. After I am done with my bachelors, should I go for my Masters or find a job? Also, what kind of job in this field would pay me more? #public-relations #marketing #employment #internships...

#career-advice

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. May 13, 2016 1671 views
andrea G.’s Avatar
andrea G. May 12, 2016 556 views

What is the employment outlook for those with a biology degree?

I am a high school senior who is planning on majoring in biology (most likely general biology). Although I plan on pursuing medical school in the future, I would like to know how the employment perspective is for someone who holds a bachelors of science for biology. #biology #employment...

#science #college #career-counseling #career

Stephanie G.’s Avatar
Stephanie G. Sep 29, 2017 346 views

Are there any programs avaible that help obtain employement after college?

Honestly, I am scared of being thousands of dollars in debt without a job. I know a few adults who are still paying of their loans, and that is frightening #employment...

#debt

Krysta  W.’s Avatar
Krysta W. Sep 01, 2017 349 views

How to get an internship?

I know most colleges offer internships for college juniors and seniors, but how do you find some if your college doesn't offer any opportunities? Do you contact a business and instead of asking for a job do you ask for an internship? Do you need to fill out and turn in a resume when you do? How...

#opportunites #work #internships #college #employment #job-search

Wanita J.’s Avatar
Wanita J. May 11, 2017 503 views

How much time is realistically invested in the process of becoming a real estate agent before I can start building a clientele?

My goal after college was to always become an entrepreneur and I want to start right away post grad with getting licensed. I am starting my research now and I plan on starting next summer after I graduate. I heard time is a hefty investment in this process and I want to be realistic when...

#real-estate #career-details #entrepreneurship #employment