Career Questions tagged Project Management

Rida A.’s Avatar
Rida A. Jan 24, 2017 551 views

How is supply chain of companies with the advancement of technology?

I am a supply chain major and i want to know if i should do a minor in Information Systems to make myself more marketable #project-management #supply-chain...

#supply-management

Zoya H.’s Avatar
Zoya H. Apr 25, 2018 378 views

How long does it take for one to complete their Bachelor's?

I was counted the amount of time I will spend in school after High school. I was considering going into Information Technology Management. How long is the schoolimg in terms of getting your bachelors and masters degree? #information-technology-and-services #project-management #help #bs...

#mba

Dylan G.’s Avatar
Dylan G. Jan 24, 2018 1108 views

What does the average day of an Engineering Manager consist of?

I am a junior in high school, and I am looking to pursue a Master's Degree in Engineering Management. Before I commit, I am looking to form a clear picture of the daily duties and responsibilities of Engineering Managers. To any engineering manager specifically, or even any engineer in...

#engineering-management #management #engineering #project-management

Igor A.’s Avatar
Igor A. Nov 17, 2017 862 views

Which skills do I need to work in management

I'm thinking about having a career in management, specially in the communication industry. I enjoy looking the big picture, organizing work, and looking for people rather than looking. My aim is to have the opportunity to work in a big company like Verizon, AT&T. Frankly I'm pretty shy...

#verizon #communications #management #project-management

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Jul 10, 2017 8359 views

If you were your own manager for one day, what would you change?

If you were in charge of the department you work in for one day, what would you do differently? Would it be something with the actual work you do, or the place you work in? Thanks for your time! #career-choice #change-management #project-management #professional-training #computer-software...

#telecommunications #information-technology #law #healthcare

Leion E.’s Avatar
Leion E. Apr 26, 2017 723 views

What is it like being an electrical engineer

Im studying information technology in college but I'm thinking about being an electrical engineer what is it like being an EE. #career #electrical-engineering #japan #project-management #cad #electric #south #hvac...

#schneider

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 15, 2017 550 views

What is more important: Programming Languages or Bilingual Languages when it comes to Information Technology in Business?

Currently, I am earning a degree in Information Systems Technology but plan on going into a transferable degree. What I am leaning towards is working as an administrative assistant and working my way up in the business world. Although, I am a little curious on what would suit the job better....

#project-management #computer-programming #business-management #office-administration #information-technology #it-management #system-administration #bilingual

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 516 views

What type of businesses offer programs to teach customer service, project management, or team-work?

I am planning to go into system administrations and wonder what types of programs I will have to attend to obtain the job and/or put on my resume. #project-management #resume-writing #customer-service #team-leadership #system-administration...

#team-work

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 568 views

What type of qualifications do I need to become an administrative assistant or manager?

I have basic certifications for Microsoft Office and am attending college for a degree in Information Systems Technology, but I wonder what all I can do with that degree in terms of network management and administration. #management #information-technology #administration #project-management...

#network-administration #microsoft-office

Elliott V.’s Avatar
Elliott V. Jan 05, 2017 544 views

Will working jobs outside of the field Im majoring in be beneficial to my career in the long run?

I want to become a psychologist but the work available to me has nothing to do with psychology. Can working at target or safeway while im in college help further my career? #college #psychology #art #higher-education #politics...

#project-management

Elliott V.’s Avatar
Elliott V. Jan 04, 2017 867 views

Is there such a thing as too much ambition? How do I decide what activities i should put effort into most?

I have a lot of ideas and interests, but not all of them fall in line with my career aspirations. This is a general question for experienced ambitious people. Im a student aspring to become a clinical psychologist, but I also want to be involved in politics, and i have numerous hobbies. What...

#politics #higher-education #project-management #psychology #arts #time-management #business

Tyler W.’s Avatar
Tyler W. Dec 21, 2016 606 views

Hotel Industry

I have many business endeavors I want to partake on. However my bumber one goal is getting into the hotel/motel industry. I want to own a chain of motels possibly and then move on to hotels. Im 22, college freshman. Any advice on how to make this dream a reality? What steps can I take?...

#hospitality #project-management #economics #business #management #hotels #business-development #entrepreneurship

Parker W.’s Avatar
Parker W. Dec 02, 2016 757 views

What is the difference between consulting and investment banking?

How are consulting (increasing efficiency) and investment banking (identifying trends) similar and/or dissimilar? Is there a significant cultural difference between working at an IB as opposed to a consulting firm? #investment-management #project-management...

#consulting

Charles C.’s Avatar
Charles C. Oct 31, 2016 566 views

How involved are Mechanical Engineers involved in the production process of a new design?

I like to do a lot of hands-on work and didn't want to enter a field where it was mostly computer designing. #mechanical-engineering #project-management...

#project-teams

Abbas E.’s Avatar
Abbas E. Sep 28, 2016 1192 views
Oliver E.’s Avatar
Oliver E. Jul 12, 2016 647 views

How and Where to gain Industry Project Management experience as a volunteer, while still working in academia?

I am a postdoc fellow in life sciences. I have been in a lab doing bench work for years and this is not as much fun and exciting as it used to be. Now, I am looking at my options, trying to figure out what my next move should be; I have just started learning on my own what PM is and would like...

#pharmaceuticals #life-sciences #project-management #certified-project-manager #biotechnology #science #portfolio-management

Alayna B.’s Avatar
Alayna B. May 24, 2016 2278 views

What is the role and responsibilities of a project manager at a nonprofit organization?

I want to work for a nonprofit organization and I am trying to figure out what position would be best suited for me. #project-management #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits...

#project-manager

Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. Dec 10, 2015 3177 views

What are some entry-level jobs that could lead to becoming a project manager?

I am a high school senior with a special interest in business. I hope to one day become a project manager at a company, but as I am looking at colleges and majors, I am wondering what steps lie in between graduating college and reaching a project manager position. I was wondering what some...

#management #entry-level #project-management #career-path #logistics-management #business