Career Questions tagged Professional Training

Shiloh B.’s Avatar
Shiloh B. May 10, 2018 788 views

What is the most important professional quality a person can have?

Employers, teachers, colleges, and even parents all search for and even expect certain qualities in people. What are a few of the qualities you look for in someone and what do you think the most important quality would be? qualified expectations personal-development professional-development...

professional-training

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Nov 24, 2017 775 views

Music Psychology advice?

Can anyone share their experiences if they have ever taken music psychology course or enroll in music psychology programs? it seems to me that most programs available in this area are in UK, but if you know there are programs available elsewhere, please leave a comment psychology careers...

undergraduate graduate-school courses music career-development professional-training career-choice

Quynh Chau D.’s Avatar
Quynh Chau D. Oct 09, 2017 748 views

How did you prepare for Pharmacy schools, especially for the PCAT test?

I am a Chemistry major student and am interested in Pharmacy schools. I would like to find out which courses you take for pre-pharmacy and how you have prepared for the PCAT. PCAT pharmacist pharmacy graduate-school professional-training...

pharmacists

Shyheim  L.’s Avatar
Shyheim L. Feb 21, 2017 689 views
Brenda S.’s Avatar
Brenda S. Apr 29, 2017 1183 views

How do you address recipients in your email professionally?

Hello! I'm currently a freshman university student, and I send a lot of emails through my university email, to professors and university staff alike. I've done research on the right ways to email professors, reading tons and tons of articles but a Google search can't seem to help me. It's a...

personal-development communication-skills college professional-development communications email university professionalism professional-training

Brenda S.’s Avatar
Brenda S. Apr 30, 2017 1160 views

Is there a cut-off for relevant information on resumes on Linked In, or should you include everything?

**For everyone who doesn’t have a LinkedIn and is reading this, I’d advise you to make one right now! It helps a lot, and even just making one and adding new things to it helps so much! LinkedIn is getting increasingly more popular with both employers and job-seekers. My university highly...

writing resume-writing linkedin professional-development job-application career professional-training resume

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Jul 10, 2017 17147 views

If you were your own manager for one day, what would you change?

If you were in charge of the department you work in for one day, what would you do differently? Would it be something with the actual work you do, or the place you work in? Thanks for your time! career-choice change-management project-management professional-training computer-software...

law information-technology telecommunications healthcare

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 05, 2017 1788 views

In a medical profession, is it okay to cry in front of your patients and their families?

I'm hoping to become a neonatal nurse someday. I am not especially emotional, but I know that if a baby didn't make it, I might not be able to contain my emotions. So, my question is, is it okay to show your emotions in front of patients and their families? Is it good to do so, to show the...

nursing mentoring professional-training medicine healthcare

Wanita J.’s Avatar
Wanita J. Apr 18, 2017 814 views

Is it true that curlier hair and cultural hairstyles are looked down upon in a professional setting? Is straighter hair preferred or is this a myth?

People can manipulate their hair in many ways i.e dread locs, braids, kinky twist, afro ranging in multitudes of curls, etc. Working, in many cases, means being professional. This alludes to the concept of being groomed (good hygiene, tidy appearance). There is this notion that hair that is not...

job-search job-coaching career-advice professional-training

Alexis  N.’s Avatar
Alexis N. Mar 08, 2017 948 views

What does it take to become a professional soccer player?

I been playing soccer since I was little.I love the sport and I'm good. I still know I need improvement to make it to the top . sports soccer coaching training professional-training fitness-training...

competitive-soccer

samson O.’s Avatar
samson O. Feb 11, 2017 787 views

do i really need this?

i am taking a course and it is a core course, but the professor is boring and the course really look difficult because of its ambiguity and complex mathematical. personally, for my chosen career, i don't see how this course is going to help me, but i need to pass the course to graduate. how can...

instructors professional-training teacher-training mathematician career-counseling

Raheem  D.’s Avatar
Raheem D. Feb 10, 2017 562 views

what classes will i have to take in high school if i was to look for a successful career that deals with art and sketching faces and different things like that

before its too late i was wondering if i had to take any important classes to find a career that helps me to become a professional artist artist...

professional-training

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 09, 2017 903 views

What are the best ways to network?

I'm wondering what are the most effective methods of networking? Is volunteering the best or are informational interviews with professionals in my field of choice? I want to gain a network before applying for grad school and find a mentor. graduate-school volunteering networking mentoring...

professional-mentoring professional-development professional-training

samson O.’s Avatar
samson O. Feb 06, 2017 656 views

Noisy students

I was in a class and the professor is a little bit boring so the lecture was. There was this guy sitting behind me, he was making all kind of disturbing noise. I manage to pay atte thin through the class. In another situation or if such situation repeats itself how do I go about it. Cos u want...

academic-advising teaching professional-training