Career Questions tagged Email

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Aug 31, 2018 146 views

How to ask professor for recommendation letter?

Which professor should I ask for recommendation letter? What's the polite way to ask them to be my references when it's been a while since I've taken their courses? #professors #professional #career #references #email #scholarship...

#recommendationletter

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Feb 19, 2018 777 views

what to write for a follow-up email on a conditional job offer

I've accepted a conditional job offer. However, I haven't heard back from them after I accepted the offer. What should I write in the follow-up email ? #job-coaching #email #human-resources #career-counseling Thank...

Mia S.’s Avatar
Mia S. Apr 05, 2017 1273 views

How can I politely decline an internship without burning bridges?

I'm a college student looking for a summer internship, and I believe I will get accepted to two of the internships I applied to - but I cannot feasibly do both. How can I politely decline one internship while not burning any bridges and maintaining the connections I made there? #internships...

#interviews #email #job-application #personal-development

Brenda S.’s Avatar
Brenda S. Apr 29, 2017 860 views

How do you address recipients in your email professionally?

Hello! I'm currently a freshman university student, and I send a lot of emails through my university email, to professors and university staff alike. I've done research on the right ways to email professors, reading tons and tons of articles but a Google search can't seem to help me. It's a...

#communications #communication-skills #email #university #professional-training #personal-development #college #professionalism #professional-development

Miles F.’s Avatar
Miles F. Dec 14, 2016 367 views

How should you end a professional email?

I have heard of multiple answers for this question, but not many seem to sync up. Is it more proper to end with something as small as "sincerely," or is it better to just say nothing at all? Also, should you add something other than your name at the end of your emails? #professional...

#email

Anudari A.’s Avatar
Anudari A. May 23, 2016 361 views

Tips on using e-mails

We all know what e-mails are used for, but are some tips on using it and keeping it organized? How do you avoid scams, phishing emails etc? Do you think it's important to have a gmail, and why? Also, is it a good idea to have more than one email account? Feel free to add more....

#email