Career Questions tagged Professors

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Aug 31, 2018 137 views

How to ask professor for recommendation letter?

Which professor should I ask for recommendation letter? What's the polite way to ask them to be my references when it's been a while since I've taken their courses? #professors #professional #career #references #email #scholarship...

#recommendationletter

Jalen P.’s Avatar
Jalen P. Aug 30, 2018 156 views
Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 184 views

When becoming a college professor, is it more beneficial to start at a 4-year or transfer from a 2-year?

I want to know if it would be better for me to go to a 4-year college right off the bat when wanting to become a professor so I can familiarize myself when professors there who can help me. Or transfer from a community/2-year college to a 4-year. (based around finances) #college-professor...

#professor #higher-education #community-college #professors

Evelynn O.’s Avatar
Evelynn O. Aug 29, 2018 146 views

What's the difference between Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, and Biomechanical Engineering?

I am currently majoring in Biomedical Engineering, however I see these other terms thrown around all the time. I'd like to know if there is a difference or if these terms are simply synonyms. Thanks! #general #anyone #professors #health...

#nanotechnology

Elizabeth T.’s Avatar
Elizabeth T. Aug 13, 2018 113 views

What are good programs for healthcare providers?

Good programs in Portland State University and Oregon Health and Science University. I want to become a Pediatrician, so I would like to have more experience in a University or in a hospital. #health #professors #pediatrician #healthcare...

#medicine

Ansley G.’s Avatar
Ansley G. Aug 12, 2018 142 views

Do Professors ever have a fear of public speaking?

I've considered being a professor, but I have a fear of public speaking. This is one of the most common fears so I wonder if this is something I could work through. Do Professors initially have a fear of public speaking? How do you work past it? #professors #public...

Sarina W.’s Avatar
Sarina W. Aug 07, 2018 189 views

What's a good major to pursue if you have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies and you enjoy subjects involving English/Writing?

By 18, if I work hard enough, I should have an AA degree in Health Sciences General Studies, though now I'm wondering if I still want to pursue a career focused entirely on health. I've always struggled with math, which as I've found is quite involved in this field, making me reconsider my...

#debating #linguistics #journalism #english #writing #professionals #career #healthcareer #creativewriting #liberalarts #communications #opentoideas #professors #health #general

Paige A.’s Avatar
Paige A. May 22, 2018 217 views

What sort of questions should you ask professors to establish a relationship?

If I am attending office hours, what types of conversations and questions will allow us to establish a personalized connection that can be useful for recommendations and career advice in the future? #career #college #professors #networking...

#relationship-building

Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. May 21, 2018 146 views

Are 18 credit hours in a semester a lot?

I'm going to be a college Freshman in the fall and I found out because of my major, I will have to take18 credit hours my first semester. Are there any tips on managing time or advice from anyone's personal experience out there? #student #job #professors #school...

#timemanagement

Raabia C.’s Avatar
Raabia C. Apr 13, 2018 276 views

How important is it to build relationships with your professors?

I will be attending college in September of this year as a freshman undergraduate student. I have heard from many that some college professors may not be as hands- on as others but it is always good to connect with them in terms of networking. I wonder how beneficial this type of networking...

#college-advice #undergraduate #professors

Shravani N.’s Avatar
Shravani N. May 02, 2016 516 views

What are some of the different branches of medical science?

I'm interested in medical science but I'm confused about choosing the branch. #doctor #professors...

#hospital-and-health-care

Jordan M.’s Avatar
Jordan M. Sep 02, 2016 450 views

How do I know what major to select?

Throughout the early stages of my college career, I was unsure of what I wanted "to be when I grew up." With so many choices, I understand many other students are wondering the same thing. I wanted to expand the clarity from other individuals on what newly applied students should do in this...

#professors #teaching #teacher #students #undecided #college #graduates

Alista E.’s Avatar
Alista E. May 18, 2016 468 views

What are some classes I should take in undergraduate college to be a pediatrician?

I would love to be a pediatrician. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #medical #medical-school #students #professors #professionals #doctors #graduates...

#nurses

Nadine E.’s Avatar
Nadine E. Jan 04, 2017 389 views

Job Application.

For one's cover letter, how do you really structure it so you can stand out? #recruiting #entrepreneur...

#professors

Hannah O.’s Avatar
Hannah O. Dec 06, 2016 733 views

How much does college GPA matter when applying for a job?

As an honors college student with a 4.0 GPA, I want to know how much my resume would drop in value if my GPA went down to say a 3.5 or lower. I want to push myself to the hardest I can, but not be too disappointed if I get a B somewhere down the road. #college #professional #career-path...

#resume-writing #first-job #evaluating-resumes #professors #job-search

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Dec 02, 2016 482 views

How vital is it to get to know my professors who are outside my area of interest?

I am a freshman who wants to study biology, but I also take classes that are not in the field of science (history and english). Should I try to make connections with those professors that are not within my major? #college #professors...

#connections

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. Oct 31, 2016 269 views

Which college is known best for their science major?

im not sure which college i want to go to #professors...

#healthcare-it

Claire L.’s Avatar
Claire L. Oct 29, 2016 428 views

Does research at the collegiate level satisfy the search for beauty and excitement that science lovers are looking for?

I have heard that the road to becoming a professor is long and grueling and like any journey, you have to jump through a lot of hoops and do a lot of grunt-work to achieve your end goal. Does the research that graduate students and post-docs do satisfy their quest for knowledge? In other words,...

#research #graduate-school #college #professors

Claire L.’s Avatar
Claire L. Oct 29, 2016 438 views

How much freedom do college physics professors have when determining their topics of research?

I understand that most college professors seek funding from national organizations for their research by writing grants. If you receive the grant, how much freedom do you have in determining how you use the money in your research? Does the organization tell you what they want you to research...

#research #professors #physics #researchers #grants

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Oct 05, 2016 484 views

What are some key tips for connecting with faculty within your major so that you can eventually do research with someone?

I am currently a freshman in psychology and neuroscience, but I'd like to start getting to know my professors now so that I have a solid network when it comes time to get some research experience. What are some key ways to connect with faculty, and how do you approach the process of finding...

#research #neuroscience #professors #undergraduate #psychology

HARISH S.’s Avatar
HARISH S. May 27, 2016 344 views

HOW CAN I BECOME A LECTURER AFTER MY POST GRADUATION?

MY PASSION IS TEACHING I WANT TO INVOLVE WITH STUDENTS AND INSPIRES THEM....

#professors

zarah Z.’s Avatar
zarah Z. May 27, 2016 893 views

is it better to work before going to obtain an MBA?

If so, what sort of jobs would help me get into a good graduate business school? #college #business #economics #professors...

#mba

Lauren A.’s Avatar
Lauren A. May 25, 2016 231 views

If I really don't know which college I want to go to, but the scholarship I am applying for asks for one, what do I put?

I have been applying for a bunch of lottery-like scholarships and I don't have a for sure college that I want to go to yet. I don't know what to put. #college #teaching #teacher...

#professors

Marissa A.’s Avatar
Marissa A. May 20, 2016 625 views

What should I know about my first year majoring in education in community college?

I am planning on going to Dutchess Community College. #college #professor #students #professors...

#community

Vera B.’s Avatar
Vera B. May 20, 2016 478 views

What schools produce the most talented doctors?

Because I would like to choose one of them to pursue my medical career. #doctor...

#professors

Alista E.’s Avatar
Alista E. May 18, 2016 550 views

How do i find the college right for me

Im really concerned about going to a great college #teaching #teacher #students #professors #graduates...

#freshmen

Karolena L.’s Avatar
Karolena L. May 17, 2016 434 views

What career can I pursue with a Biomedicle Engineering degree?

This degree is what I will be studying coming into college. I want to ask experts in the field what careers I can expect. I would also like Information on what the career entails and what level of degree is needed (masters doctorate). #teaching #teacher #biomedical-engineering #engineers...

#chemical-engineering #biomedical-engineer #biomedical #professors

jordyn S.’s Avatar
jordyn S. May 16, 2016 529 views

if you change your major while in college, will you still be able to graduate on time?

many of my friends who are already in college changed their major several times and I was just wondering if they will graduate on time...

#professors