How will do I manage my time well in college?

Asked Los Angeles, California

Robert’s Answer

Updated Beacon, New York

Angel - once you have or know your schedule look at the syllabus and know each professors expectations/requirements as these may help you manage time and workload. I would encourage you to be flexible as you may have to adjust depending on various things such as project due dates, maybe grades are slipping in one class, etc.. Keep in mind that you already have experience in time management while in high school as I'm sure you had to juggle course work, family demands, extra-curricular activities, etc., Like others on this feed, give yourself some down time and have some fun.

Good luck in all your endeavors!

Rupali’s Answer

If you like academics you can participate in it. Cultural activities you can do.

If you like study, you can go library to learn comics, literature, novels, newspaper etc.

Spend time with your with friend and do whatever you enjoy.

Melissa’s Answer

At many colleges, there are Academic Success offices that provide support to students seeking help navigating time management, good study habits etc. You should ask the Dean of Student's Office for those resources.

Brandon’s Answer

First I would take a look at the amount of credit hours you plan on taking. For every class plan on at least on extra hour studying it that day. Set yourself up a schedule and stick to it.

Definitely agree with setting a schedule and sticking to it. I will also add, schedule in leisure time and honor that. Put a Friday night fun time with friends on your calendar so you can feel good about hitting the library Saturday morning and not be tempted to pass it off to Monday.

Ritesh’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

See that you are spending enough time on yourself, you should develop yourself personally and also, your skills should get better. So, see that you get better by the day. But, you also have to see that you are good socially. So, invest time in all of the things, don't miss out on any of the things. Enjoy.