Career Questions tagged Recruiting

bridget K.’s Avatar
bridget K. Mar 31 45 views

how do i get work experirnce as an interior design student

i really wish to get work experience as an interior design student so that i can learn the ins and outs of interior design but i don't know, how can you help me?

Joan B.’s Avatar
Joan B. Oct 19, 2021 2102 views

What is the difference between talent acquisition and recruitment?

Hello,
What are the core differences between talent acquisition and recruitment? What are the pro's and cons? Also, how does it play into Human Resources?
Thank you in advance!! (:
#talent-acquisition #recruitment #recruiting #human-resources #hr

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 602 views

Best college sports programs to become a professional athlete?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #sports...

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 705 views

What are some relevant skills to stay competitive in the 21st century?

Would coding, trilingualism, graphic design, etc be relevant for marketing/PR/branding interns? Would this be something interns/students need to adopt in their skill set in order to stay competitive? If so, what kind of skills would you recommend, and why? #recruiting #communication-skills...

Kenneth C.’s Avatar
Kenneth C. Jan 16, 2018 511 views

How difficult will it be to get an athletic scholarship for college?

I've been doing a lot of research about college scholarships in general. I make good grades, and I'm a decent swimmer. There is so much competition out there and that makes me a little nervous about my chances.
#college #scholarships #athletics #recruiting #financial-aid #swimming

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jan 12, 2018 503 views

What is the verdict on Online Learning Courses and accreditation?

I am studying in university, but I have often taken supplementary online courses on sites like Udemy and FutureLearn. How do recruiters look at these certifications - are they impressed or are they just overlooked?

#recruiting #online-learning #certifications #hiring

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Nov 25, 2017 837 views

Can you attend a 4-year school and be recruited for sports as a nontraditional student?

On behalf of a friend, I'm wondering if it's possible to be recruited for college athletics *and* earn a bachelor's degree as a nontraditional student. My friend is 24 and has experience in two sports. He has previously earned a 2-year degree from a technical college but is considering going...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017 1327 views

What type of resume do you provide for a social impact corporation?

It is hard enough just trying to make a resume to fit into the corporate world, but to make a resume that is specifically aimed at social impact, like human trafficking, there must be some way to get across how passionate you are about dealing with such matters. #corporate-social-responsibility...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017 710 views

If you received multiple misdemeanors in various states which all were determined dismissed, will the government hire you?

I have a friend who got misdemeanors and an injunction in two different states, everything turned out to be dismissed or basically denied because nothing actually happened. They do show up in the court systems though. My friend wants to get a job with the government and has the skill set for...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017 712 views

If you received a misdemeanor in a state years ago, does that affect one from obtaining a job?

I received a misdemeanor years ago, yet am still looking for a position. It wasn't theft or anything, just mischief. Will a hiring manager consider this when deciding on hiring me or can they see it was for what it was a mistake and funny when discussed. #hiring #recruiting #human-resources

Carmen Y.’s Avatar
Carmen Y. Apr 10, 2017 732 views

How can I get better at navigating career fairs?

As a shy person, I find it hard to get noticed at career fairs. What can I do to overcome this obstacle? #recruiting #personal-development #recruitment

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017 1111 views

What are the key words employers look forward on a persons resume?

I am applying to positions, but have had recruiters make comments to my resume as not being as a highlight to employers, mostly I present myself as a doer and not an achiever. I just want to know what are some things I can do to improve my chances at obtaining a job, I mean I haven't even...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017 704 views

I am taking free courses that lead to certification with FEMA, will this be beneficial for government position?

I just received my Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security and am now taking some online courses with FEMA and may start on some courses regarding statistics and the Design of Experiments. Would these be beneficial topics to get with to obtain a way into the government?...

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 24, 2017 1384 views

Is an internship viable even after graduation?

I'm an Engineer student and about to graduate. I am actively seeking jobs and kind of struggling to find a suitable job due to lack of work experience. However, internships seem to be attractive for me since most of them require little to no work experience. So I wonder if an internship is...

NISARG S.’s Avatar
NISARG S. Mar 17, 2017 678 views

I am an international student, pursuing a Master's Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineer Carleton University.Is there any technical job which requires least coding?

Reason is that I am good at analytics, calculation , maths but bad at programming so I have a fear of note getting job due to my poor programming skills and I also think there might be many students like me who have same problem. #career-counseling #job-search #electrical-engineering...

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 16, 2017 1069 views

Is work experience more valuable than educational background?

I am a graduate Electrical Engineering student with little to no experience in the engineering field outside of the classroom. Lately, I have been applying to jobs and receiving little to no interest from engineering companies due to lack of experience even for some entry-level jobs. That made...

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 08, 2017 1088 views

How important is including voluntary activities in one's resume?

I am an Electrical Engineering graduate student. I wonder if, in such a technical field as mine, adding voluntary activities such as working for X charity and the like can have any impact on the recruiter's decision to hire me. #mechanical-engineering #human-resources #civil-engineering...

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 1062 views

When you're fresh out of college is it best to work for a while, travel, or go straight to Grad school?

I'm curious about the current state of the job market as it pertains to the hiring rate of students fresh out of college with their first Bachelor's degree. Do most employers favor new grads who've worked while in school? If so, how do students who have little work experience due to being...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 03, 2017 762 views

How can I transition a previous career in the Legal field to my new degree and Homeland Security?

I believe I have a lot of skills that I believe can be transferrable, but I am not sure how to make the transition. #recruiting #legal #homeland-security #personal-development #career-details

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 03, 2017 970 views

What are some key words that really stick out to employers?

I am working on my new resume and I want to try to get the attention of the employer so I am not passed because my resume is ordinary. #criminal-justice #recruiting #hiring #homeland-security #job-application

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 971 views

What do you do, when you don't know what to do with the rest of your life?

How do you know when you are 18 and starting to think about your major what you really want to do with the rest of your life? What if you are unsure? Did they talk to you about careers in high school? Mine didn't. It was accelerated, average, and vocational, oh wait and farmers. Maybe I...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 661 views

Why do some universities push you towards a career where you have no experience?

My professors are great, but I am finding that now that I am in the work force that I do not have the proper background for the position. How can they guide you you one way because you do feel passion for it, but didn't know you will never be a complete success. You owe money and you need to...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 698 views

Did your university assist you in your collegiate career?

I never saw a single person about my future and the avenues i could travel when I was getting my bachelors degree. I was not spoken to a single bit except for responses to professors. They had their great jobs, but what was mine? Why didn't I receive any guidance at a very influential time...

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 872 views

What sorts of words stand out to you when evaluating a resume.

I decided to use the word innovative because I can be given a lot of material and make connections. I love research, there are so many avenues. #research #criminal-justice #human-resources #recruiting #cyber-crime #job-application

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 741 views

How do employer's really see an applicant with a disability?

I have a tracheotomy and although I am familiar with the laws pertaining to those who are disabled, do employers actually consider hiring you if you are disabled in the back of their minds? I have been out of work for a while due to my issue, but finally have the situation under control. I...