Career Questions tagged Certifications

Alex’s Avatar
Alex Aug 29 100 views

What certifications are worth getting and what certifications aren't worth the time

certifications

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Jan 13 612 views

What is it like to work as a Network Systems Administrator?

I'm already enrolled into Job Corps and am going to work on completing my programs in customer service, computer technician and network administrator advanced program while earning my COMPTIA A+ and CCNA certification within three years. I am an aspiring network systems administrator for a...

stephen’s Avatar
stephen Aug 21, 2019 331 views

What certifications do I earn for carpentry?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

#carpentry #certifications

Elsa’s Avatar
Elsa Dec 18, 2018 1042 views

Do employers see value in a Coursera/edX/MOOCs certificates?

I want to continue my studies to build my career and have relevant skills in my field, but it is hard to do in-class courses with a full-time job. This made me strongly consider taking online courses. I definitely think that further education is great for personal growth and learning new...

Connor’s Avatar
Connor Apr 29, 2018 461 views

I'm planning on studying Linguistics, and would love to learn new languages while I do so. Is there any language certifications I can get at a State level to put on my CV without having to take a class?

I'd like to learn languages without having to take a class because I can work at my own pace and study what I want in a language at any point in time. However, I feel that having a certification or award would look better on a resume than just self reporting. If you could give me ideas about...

Kathryn’s Avatar
Kathryn Jan 16, 2018 836 views

Can I get a good job in the IT field without taking some of the CompTIA Certs?

#information-technology-and-services #information-technology #certifications

Alisha’s Avatar
Alisha Jan 12, 2018 542 views

What is the verdict on Online Learning Courses and accreditation?

I am studying in university, but I have often taken supplementary online courses on sites like Udemy and FutureLearn. How do recruiters look at these certifications - are they impressed or are they just overlooked?

#recruiting #online-learning #certifications #hiring

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 06, 2017 622 views

What certifications would be beneficial to pursue for an environmental scientist/biologist?

I know that just pursuing my degree and having it will likely not be enough for me to stand out to potential employers. I was wondering what sort of certifications or training would be beneficial to me, not just for finding a job, but as a scientist in general. What would you recommended? Thank...

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren Feb 08, 2017 593 views

What certifications would be good for the health Administration field?

I'm majoring in Health Administration. I want to know what the best certifications that would benefit me. I know that First aid and CPR are some good ones. What are some other suggestions #healthcare #health #certifications #healthcare-management

Nada’s Avatar
Nada Jan 01, 2017 918 views

What is the difference between a residency and a fellowship?

Given the fact that after earning an M.D. in order to specialize in a specific doctor's field you have to go through a program to gain certification, the terms residency and fellowship have both been mentioned and I, as a result, don't know the difference between the two. #doctor #residency...

Demetrio’s Avatar
Demetrio Dec 23, 2016 679 views

CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE

Does anyone think that certifications are valuable to getting into the field of career, or can you simply can an entry level job with no experience what so ever. Does any one think Comptia A+ certifications are worth it or not? #certifications #entrylevel #comptia

Mitchell’s Avatar
Mitchell Sep 16, 2016 783 views

What is the difference between getting a certification and obtaining an M.A?

This question has always seemed to bother me. Maybe it's just because I don't even know what a certification is. But overall, I would like to know the difference between the both and is one better to have than the other? Also, How many years of schooling does going for a certification require?...

Gabrielle’s Avatar
Gabrielle May 20, 2016 2266 views

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is the NCLEX-RN test??

I would love to become a neonatal nurse, so getting more info and background would help a lot! #college #nursing #certifications #nclex-rn #nurse #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare

Lucy’s Avatar
Lucy May 10, 2016 946 views

What components do you study the most in preparing for the CPA Exam? What resources do you use to test your knowledge?

I am hoping to become a CPA in the future and would like to know what the best tools are to use when it comes to getting ready to take the exam. I am aware that it can take several attempts to pass the exam and it would be great to know how to best be prepared for it! #accounting #studying-tips...