Career Questions tagged Accounting

Ensuring a business is operating efficiently, an accountant does more than crunch numbers. From an internal auditor to a public accountant, there are multiple opportunities for an accountant. For more...

Arturo G.’s Avatar
Arturo G. Jan 08 95 views

Tax Season

Hello, I decided this year that i want to prepare 1040 returns, and i just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to answer some questions i have about preparing. They are are as followed: 1) Do i need to come up with a business name if i am the only who will be preparing taxes? If so does...

#taxseason #accounting #help

grace B.’s Avatar
grace B. Dec 17, 2020 248 views

I'm a marketing major in my 3rd year - but I loved my accounting class! How do I know which to major in?

I am currently a third year student in marketing. I switched to marketing at the beginning of my third year, so the business classes were knew to me. I will be graduating late. I took accounting 1 this fall and I absolutely loved it - which is weird for me to say. I didn't know anything about...

#marketing #major #accounting #advisor #jobs #business #advice #career #college #majors

Elizabeth H.’s Avatar
Elizabeth H. Nov 14, 2020 160 views

What are some international business positions available to an accounting major?

I think it would be fun and interesting to work in an international setting as an accountant. I am just wondering what opportunities are out there. #international #accounting...

#givingiscaring

Abigail D.’s Avatar
Abigail D. Sep 13, 2020 155 views

Which risk management specialization track should I choose? There’s employee benefits, healthcare risk management, and property liability/ corporate risk management.

I’m currently a student enrolled in college and I’m looking to switch my major to risk management, and I’m not really sure which track I should do. I’m also looking into an accounting minor, but I’m not entirely sure how much that will help me. #college-major #colleges #risk...

#accounting

g L.’s Avatar
g L. Sep 11, 2020 206 views

What does the inactivity fee mean for an M1 finance brokage account

My sister is investing $100 in the stock market but she wants to know if she will get fined if she has $19 or less in her M1 brokage account and has not bought or traded stocks in 90 + days. (This is after the $100 has been spent). #marketing #finance #business #accounting #financial-accounting...

#stocks

Jiwanjot K.’s Avatar
Jiwanjot K. May 05, 2020 562 views

For a banking job what kind of course required?

I am a student and enrol in business diploma. #student #business #finance...

#accounting

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 29, 2020 1304 views

Where Do I Start Investing For Beginner ?

I keep hearing about investing some money, so I decided to give it a try. But I need help? How do I start investing? What app is good for investing? WHERE DO I BEGIN? #finance #accounting #investment-management #money #career #covid19 #help...

Lidibet G.’s Avatar
Lidibet G. Apr 27, 2020 425 views

what are the biggest responsibilities of an accountant?

Everything that has to do with economy and finances has always caught my attention. I have the basic knowledge about the career but wanted to know what is the main responsibility in the job of an accountant #college #accounting...

#business

Lidibet G.’s Avatar
Lidibet G. Apr 27, 2020 424 views

how many branches are there within the accounting career

I am interested in a finance career especially in accounting. But I wanted to know how long the career lasts and how easy it is to get a position in a company. #business #financial-accounting...

#accounting

Lidibet G.’s Avatar
Lidibet G. Apr 27, 2020 368 views

How many years of study are for the finance career?

I am interested in a finance career especially in accounting. But I wanted to know how long the career lasts and how easy it is to get a position in a company. #accounting #business...

#finance

Tanveer A.’s Avatar
Tanveer A. Apr 24, 2020 236 views

How to earn while studying?

I am a student off accounting and finance. I belong to Tharparkar, a remote area of Pakistan. I am a scholarship holder at Sukkur IBA Univeristy. #finance #accounting...

#scholarship

David D.’s Avatar
David D. Apr 21, 2020 403 views

What are the skills and educational requirements to become an accountant?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I wish to become an accountant. I am in honors math classes and I quite enjoy math, I get exited once I finally solve a challenging problem. I had a project in 8th grade that involved taxes and I actually enjoyed it, that's how I got the idea that I want to...

#accounting #business #math #college #accountant

Erick G.’s Avatar
Erick G. Mar 20, 2020 659 views

Is it even worth it to look for an internship for this summer?

I was looking for an accounting internship but with #covid-19 is it even worth my time? #accounting...

#internship

Mohammad T.’s Avatar
Mohammad T. Mar 10, 2020 199 views
Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 07, 2020 285 views

Are there any University Programs which combine both Finance and Computing? How Do they Work?

This is one question that has been lingering in the back of my mind for a very long time. I have developed a pretty solid foundation in finance and accounting, as well as developed a passion for stem and computing through hobbies and extracurriculars. I have found this one program at the...

#computer-science #accounting #finance #business #computing #technology #college

Josh P.’s Avatar
Josh P. Feb 12, 2020 432 views

Want to go into advisory / management consulting. Which is a better stepping stone? Audit or Tax?

Hi. I'm an accounting fresh graduate who is currently trying to complete ACCA. I would like to go into advisory or management consulting but lately there are no responses from Big4 and other consulting firms. Therefore, I might have to start my career in either external audit or tax. Which of...

#accounting #business #tax #consulting #career

James B.’s Avatar
James B. Feb 06, 2020 247 views

How to be involved in economics?

I like math and i think that i'm pretty good #college #math #economics #accounting #college-major...

Jessica F.’s Avatar
Jessica F. Jan 23, 2020 412 views

What is an accountants pay like?

I'm interested in joining the business trade and hopefully becoming an accountant but have no prior experience. #business #finance #accounting...

Bahara N.’s Avatar
Bahara N. Jan 07, 2020 430 views

I am Majoring in Accounting and I am struggling with my Accounting courses.

I am in my third year of university and I have to decide before it 's too late. I am planning to switch my major in Accounting into minor and major in international business. I need some advise regarding the employment of my chosen minor and major. Moreover, I need guidance if I am making the...

#accounting

Haley H.’s Avatar
Haley H. Dec 12, 2019 362 views

How much money does an accountant make?

I'm in business class, and I am in the accounting department in that class. #business #accounting #accountant...

#finance