Career Questions tagged Actuary

afraz A.’s Avatar
afraz A. Apr 15, 2021 666 views

what is the work of data scientist

#groups #scientist #scientists #forensic-scientists #data-science #actuary

John G.’s Avatar
John G. Mar 02, 2021 242 views

If I decide a year or two after enrolling in college, will it be too late to switch to actuarial science?

Unsure if I will like actuarial science
#actuary

Hydee L.’s Avatar
Hydee L. Nov 02, 2020 331 views

Looking for a mentor to complete school project

I will be working on a capstone project that I need to graduate from high school. I am planning to study actuarial science in university next year. So I am looking for a mentor who is working as a actuary to give suggestions and advice on my capstone project. #Actuary #mentoring #school...

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 406 views

What is the daily life of an actuary like?

I'm a sophomore studying economics in college. I'm interested in a career in actuarial science, but I'm not sure what's the work of an actuary like. Can an actuary explain what's your daily job like? Thank you!

#JULY20 #actuary

Aubrey F.’s Avatar
Aubrey F. Jul 29, 2019 464 views

What do actuaries do on a normal day?

I've looked up definitions of what actuaries do, but I don't know exactly what they do day by day. I just want to get a feel of how it is socially, and ALL that they do, not just a a definition that I don't exactly understand on some website. #actuary #math

Colin S.’s Avatar
Colin S. Aug 29, 2018 575 views

What is the path for an actuary after college?

More schooling? Testing? Internship? #actuary #careerpath

Colin S.’s Avatar
Colin S. Aug 29, 2018 713 views

What are the best schools for an actuarial science major?

I would like to stay within 300 miles of my home so I'm looking for the best colleges fitting that criteria that offer an actuarial science program. #actuary #centralpa

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 419 views

Best colleges for actuarial science?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

Carmen R.’s Avatar
Carmen R. May 27, 2018 613 views

What are some different career choices for a future in mathematics or science?

I am really good at math and it is one of my favorite subjects in school, as well as science. The only one I can think of is an actuary, and that type of job seems like it would get boring after doing the same thing for years. #Math #Mathematics #Actuary

Paige K.’s Avatar
Paige K. May 23, 2018 563 views

What is the starting salary for someone in actuary science?

Interested in actuary science, might want to go into the field in the future. #actuary #science #business

Jessica P.’s Avatar
Jessica P. Jan 24, 2018 680 views

How long does the tests after getting a degree in Actuarial science take?

I know there are many tests but how long do you need in between exams? #actuary #science #actuarial-science #stem

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Aug 15, 2017 1680 views

Accounting vs. Actuary

I have been looking into accounting and actuary as career choices but am having a hard time determining the difference between the two, other than actuary is more math-based. Any insight is helpful!

#accounting #actuary #math

Kenny M.’s Avatar
Kenny M. Oct 31, 2016 960 views

How do I become an actuary?

I want to major in statistics to become an actuary, but I don't know what steps to take to get towards that goal. #actuarial-science #actuary

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 29, 2016 999 views

What is an actuary and what is the daily routine of an actuary?

I was curious about this occupation. #finance #economics #actuarial-science #actuarial #actuary

Nayelli G.’s Avatar
Nayelli G. May 16, 2016 774 views

what does a day in a life of an actuary look like?

I found actuarial science as an interesting major because I am a math person and I noticed that they work with a lot of mathematics. #actuary