Career Questions tagged Actuary

Aubrey F.’s Avatar
Aubrey F. Jul 29

What do actuaries do on a normal day?

I've looked up definitions of what actuaries do, but I don't know exactly what they do day by day. I just want to get a feel of how it is socially, and ALL that they do, not just a a definition that I don't exactly understand on some website. #actuary...

#math

Colin S.’s Avatar
Colin S. Aug 29, 2018

What is the path for an actuary after college?

More schooling? Testing? Internship? #actuary...

#careerpath

Colin S.’s Avatar
Colin S. Aug 29, 2018

What are the best schools for an actuarial science major?

I would like to stay within 300 miles of my home so I'm looking for the best colleges fitting that criteria that offer an actuarial science program. #actuary...

#centralpa

Klees T.’s Avatar
Klees T. Aug 10, 2018

Is it better to be a doctor than to be an actuary?

Both are lucrative careers but which would be a better option? #doctor #medical-school #college-admissions #actuarialscience...

#actuary

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

Best colleges for actuarial science?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#actuarial-science #actuary #science

Carmen R.’s Avatar
Carmen R. May 27, 2018

What are some different career choices for a future in mathematics or science?

I am really good at math and it is one of my favorite subjects in school, as well as science. The only one I can think of is an actuary, and that type of job seems like it would get boring after doing the same thing for years. #math #mathematics...

#actuary

Paige K.’s Avatar
Paige K. May 23, 2018

What is the starting salary for someone in actuary science?

Interested in actuary science, might want to go into the field in the future. #actuary #science...

#business

Jessica P.’s Avatar
Jessica P. Jan 24, 2018

How long does the tests after getting a degree in Actuarial science take?

I know there are many tests but how long do you need in between exams? #actuary #science #actuarial-science...

#stem

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Aug 15, 2017

Accounting vs. Actuary

I have been looking into accounting and actuary as career choices but am having a hard time determining the difference between the two, other than actuary is more math-based. Any insight is helpful! #accounting #actuary...

#math

Kenny M.’s Avatar
Kenny M. Oct 31, 2016

How do I become an actuary?

I want to major in statistics to become an actuary, but I don't know what steps to take to get towards that goal. #actuarial-science...

#actuary

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 29, 2016
Nayelli G.’s Avatar
Nayelli G. May 16, 2016

what does a day in a life of an actuary look like?

I found actuarial science as an interesting major because I am a math person and I noticed that they work with a lot of mathematics....

#actuary