Career Questions tagged Actuary

Hydee L.’s Avatar
Hydee L. Nov 02, 2020 274 views

Looking for a mentor to complete school project

I will be working on a capstone project that I need to graduate from high school. I am planning to study actuarial science in university next year. So I am looking for a mentor who is working as a actuary to give suggestions and advice on my capstone project. Actuary mentoring school...

high-school-classes school-counseling

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 281 views

What is the daily life of an actuary like?

I'm a sophomore studying economics in college. I'm interested in a career in actuarial science, but I'm not sure what's the work of an actuary like. Can an actuary explain what's your daily job like? Thank you! JULY20...

actuary

Aubrey F.’s Avatar
Aubrey F. Jul 29, 2019 406 views

What do actuaries do on a normal day?

I've looked up definitions of what actuaries do, but I don't know exactly what they do day by day. I just want to get a feel of how it is socially, and ALL that they do, not just a a definition that I don't exactly understand on some website. actuary...

math

Colin S.’s Avatar
Colin S. Aug 29, 2018 495 views

What is the path for an actuary after college?

More schooling? Testing? Internship? actuary...

careerpath

Colin S.’s Avatar
Colin S. Aug 29, 2018 600 views

What are the best schools for an actuarial science major?

I would like to stay within 300 miles of my home so I'm looking for the best colleges fitting that criteria that offer an actuarial science program. actuary...

centralpa

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 349 views

Best colleges for actuarial science?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

actuary science actuarial-science

Carmen R.’s Avatar
Carmen R. May 27, 2018 532 views

What are some different career choices for a future in mathematics or science?

I am really good at math and it is one of my favorite subjects in school, as well as science. The only one I can think of is an actuary, and that type of job seems like it would get boring after doing the same thing for years. Math Mathematics...

actuary

Paige K.’s Avatar
Paige K. May 23, 2018 498 views

What is the starting salary for someone in actuary science?

Interested in actuary science, might want to go into the field in the future. actuary science...

business

Jessica P.’s Avatar
Jessica P. Jan 24, 2018 563 views

How long does the tests after getting a degree in Actuarial science take?

I know there are many tests but how long do you need in between exams? actuary science actuarial-science...

stem

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Aug 15, 2017 1558 views

Accounting vs. Actuary

I have been looking into accounting and actuary as career choices but am having a hard time determining the difference between the two, other than actuary is more math-based. Any insight is helpful! accounting actuary...

math

Kenny M.’s Avatar
Kenny M. Oct 31, 2016 881 views

How do I become an actuary?

I want to major in statistics to become an actuary, but I don't know what steps to take to get towards that goal. actuarial-science...

actuary

Nayelli G.’s Avatar
Nayelli G. May 16, 2016 707 views

what does a day in a life of an actuary look like?

I found actuarial science as an interesting major because I am a math person and I noticed that they work with a lot of mathematics....

actuary