Career Questions tagged School Counseling

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 14, 2017 229 views

What was the result of IIT JAM 2017?

Is there anyone who can share the previous year cut off and result of #iit JAM? #studying #exam #india #time-management #higher-education...

#school-counseling

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 12, 2017 416 views

Will joining IIT JAM Coaching be beneficial for preparation?

As we all know that the #iit JAM 2018 Exam will be held on 11 February 2018. So, there are only few days are left to prepare for the exam. I’m also preparing for JAM Exam, and still not completed my syllabus and confused that should I joint IIT JAM 2018 Coaching or self-study is sufficient to...

#time-management #studying #higher-education #exam #tutoring #school-counseling #india

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 09, 2017 260 views

How to get best study material for IIT JAM Preparation?

I want to get best study material to get higher rank in #jam 2018 Exam. #studying #exam #india #time-management #higher-education...

#school-counseling

Hannah D.’s Avatar
Hannah D. Aug 26, 2018 108 views

What is the best way to study in Nursing school?

I know nursing school requires a different approach to learning than other classes. Since nursing is such a different program than others, what is the best tip for studying and maintaining what you learn? #school-counseling...

#nursing

Fatima W.’s Avatar
Fatima W. Aug 15, 2018 137 views

How did you know your school was a good fit for you?

Were your counselors helpful? Did you go to your dream school or did you change your mind?...

#school-counseling

Leonila D.’s Avatar
Leonila D. Apr 12, 2018 188 views

Can I apply to dental school and hygiene school at the same time?

I have been put on a wait list to dental schools. I am going to reapply again but I am keeping my options open just in case dental school will not accept me again. I am also going to apply at a hygiene school. ( Note I have all the requirements I needed for dental my scores were not that bad....

#gap-year #hygiene-school #student-counseling #dental-school #school-counseling

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Feb 07, 2017 405 views
Ariel D.’s Avatar
Ariel D. Jan 16, 2018 341 views

What does it mean to be a school counselor?

I am looking into possibly looking at this as a career. I want to know what this career is like and all that it entails. #community-psychology #school-counseling #college-counseling #teaching #education...

#guidance-counselor

David H.’s Avatar
David H. Jan 24, 2018 387 views

Would it be rude to tell my teacher to stop smoking, if not, how can I put it as gently as possible?

She is an amazing teacher who knows a great deal. She has control of the class and makes learning effective but her breath and classroom smells of cigarettes and coffee. For her well being I want her to stop smoking and in turn help me and my classmates learn better without worrying about...

#morality #education #student #school-counseling #education-management #counselor

Christopher N.’s Avatar
Christopher N. Jan 15, 2018 288 views

Who’s life will I change ?

I am asking this because one day I can change someone’s life in a positive or negative way. No one can tell what I will do in the future. But I also would want to ask this question so I can change my wrongs into rights. My life goal is to change and impact someone’s life in a positive way so...

#mentoring #happiness #counseling #school-counseling

ALVIN L.’s Avatar
ALVIN L. Jan 17, 2018 230 views

Is it better to get a GED at an undergrad then transfer?

I want to start planning my future for the better!! :) #school-counseling #school #graduation #career-planning #college...

#schoolislife

Cristina G.’s Avatar
Cristina G. Oct 12, 2017 393 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. #exams #test #school-counseling #professor #higher-education #education-management #education #organization...

#organizational-development #student-counseling

Aba M.’s Avatar
Aba M. Sep 01, 2017 273 views

what is the best campus job that gives you a lot of time study and do hw

like a job that lets be do my hw and have the best time flexible...

#school-counseling

Estefania R.’s Avatar
Estefania R. Mar 22, 2017 824 views
Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Feb 12, 2017 411 views

How is best to study for the GRE?

I am a junior in college, #graduate-school...

#school-counseling

Diamond B.’s Avatar
Diamond B. Feb 07, 2017 300 views

What's the best way to study for the SAT/ACT?

Finding the right way to study is vital for the best success. #teacher #school-counseling...

#tutoring

Talha N.’s Avatar
Talha N. Jan 10, 2017 811 views

How many volunteering hours should any high school student put in to get a decent acceptance to a college?

I am currently in 11th grade and I have put in about 130-145 hours of volunteering work. I was wondering if that would be enough but I am not sure. I know good grades are a factor but I was wondering what the most a child can put in? #college #science #health #school #college-admissions...

#biomedical-engineering #school-counseling #volunteering

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Nov 27, 2016 2491 views

Is taking a semester off for an internship a good choice?

As part of my school's Accounting and Taxation Honor Program, there is a requirement to take the winter semester of our senior year off for an internship. This internship will give me an insight into the accounting field as well as possibly landing me a job after college. All my financial aid...

#career-counseling #accountant #accounting #career-choice #career-path #internships #school-counseling #career-development

Tanner P.’s Avatar
Tanner P. Nov 01, 2016 442 views

What do employers look for most in students looking for jobs/careers in engineering?

I want to finish college and join the work force successfully #engineering...

#school-counseling

Tanner P.’s Avatar
Tanner P. Nov 01, 2016 451 views

What is the best way to go about getting a coop when in an engineering program?

Getting ready for college and want to grow my knowledge #engineering...

#school-counseling

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Oct 14, 2016 487 views

Honor Programs, are they important to employers?

I am an accounting major that is and have attended multiple networking clubs and events. One of the professor of an event said that I should join as much honor programs as possible. He suggested to join the accounting honor society as well as the accounting & taxation honor program at my...

#career-counseling #school-counseling #employers

Diana M.’s Avatar
Diana M. Aug 07, 2016 493 views

CalTech-Dream School

My dream school is CalTech i want to become a robotics or electrical engineer. Im an incoming Junior what are some tips to begin preparing or some things that i should look out for? #university #electrical-engineering #university-applications #robotics-engineer...

#school-counseling

Krishia  A.’s Avatar
Krishia A. May 20, 2016 668 views

Do school counselors' role vary depending on the grade of school they are working in?

I want to know if a school counselor's role differ in an elementary school, middle school, high school, and college due to students' age and their behaviors. I can see a school counselor in a middle school would likely to deal with behavioral issues where as high school can be different....

#school-counselor #guidance-counselor #school #education #school-counseling

Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. May 18, 2016 527 views

Do you feel that we as graduates fit your qualifications upon completion of college? Is there areas you see that needs to improve.?

I am currently working on an essay for my english 101 and wonder what your feelings on todays liberal education in our school system and seeing if we are not reaching your qualifications. #career-counseling #school-counseling...

#english-literature