Career Questions tagged School Counseling

Coral-Anne’s Avatar
Coral-Anne Mar 16, 2022 342 views

Do I have to have experience as a teacher to be a school guidance counseler?

I am willing (and eager) to eventually go back to school for a Master's in Counseling & my Pupil Personnel Services Credential, as required by the state of CA. While I have experience within the classroom and in mentoring/tutoring positions, I am not sure I am willing to go back to school...

Keerthi’s Avatar
Keerthi May 14, 2021 259 views

What is the procedure for a Indian student to get into a vet school abroad right after 12th?What are the requirements & exams required?

#academic-advising #college-student #extracurriculars #school-counseling #student-affairs #veterinary# abroad studying

Ramiro’s Avatar
Ramiro Apr 13, 2021 317 views

what is the best way to prepare for a electrician career in the future

i am a junior in high school and I want to get ready for a career in the trades immediately after school. I will do whatever it takes to get my dreams to reality.
#school-counseling #career #careers

Donovan’s Avatar
Donovan Mar 17, 2021 373 views

What is the best way to prepare you for the marketing field?

I am a middle school student and I took a quiz in class that told me marketing would be a good career choice. #career #marketing #school #majors #careers #school-counseling

Eve’s Avatar
Eve Dec 08, 2020 37128 views

What is the best way of answering "tell me about yourself" question during a medical school interview??

#interview #interviews #school-counseling #interviewing #school
#GivingisCaring

Weixuan’s Avatar
Weixuan Nov 28, 2020 1181 views

Is UC Irvine a good school for engineering?

# UCI # UC Universities # Public Universities # #engineering #teacher #school-counseling #history

Hydee’s Avatar
Hydee Nov 02, 2020 376 views

Looking for a mentor to complete school project

I will be working on a capstone project that I need to graduate from high school. I am planning to study actuarial science in university next year. So I am looking for a mentor who is working as a actuary to give suggestions and advice on my capstone project. #Actuary #mentoring #school...

travion’s Avatar
travion Sep 22, 2020 589 views

what is Your goal in life

#16yearsage #work-life-balance #friends ilove partying i love school #school-counseling #goal

Samyukta’s Avatar
Samyukta Jul 27, 2020 625 views

What are some things you wish someone told you during your school life?

#school #school-counseling #work-life-balance
#JULY20

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Dec 03, 2019 666 views

Career advice for directionless psychology graduate

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in #psychology and I am looking for a #career-path that will be fulfilling, suit my interests, and not require more than a #master's degree. I'm an introvert, but I am interested in helping/understanding others. I enjoy puzzles, learning,...

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Aug 26, 2018 392 views

What is the best way to study in Nursing school?

I know nursing school requires a different approach to learning than other classes. Since nursing is such a different program than others, what is the best tip for studying and maintaining what you learn?
#school-counseling #nursing

Fatima’s Avatar
Fatima Aug 15, 2018 451 views

How did you know your school was a good fit for you?

Were your counselors helpful? Did you go to your dream school or did you change your mind? #school-counseling

Leonila’s Avatar
Leonila Apr 12, 2018 573 views

Can I apply to dental school and hygiene school at the same time?

I have been put on a wait list to dental schools. I am going to reapply again but I am keeping my options open just in case dental school will not accept me again. I am also going to apply at a hygiene school. ( Note I have all the requirements I needed for dental my scores were not that bad....

David’s Avatar
David Jan 24, 2018 910 views

Would it be rude to tell my teacher to stop smoking, if not, how can I put it as gently as possible?

She is an amazing teacher who knows a great deal. She has control of the class and makes learning effective but her breath and classroom smells of cigarettes and coffee. For her well being I want her to stop smoking and in turn help me and my classmates learn better without worrying about...

ALVIN’s Avatar
ALVIN Jan 17, 2018 556 views

Is it better to get a GED at an undergrad then transfer?

I want to start planning my future for the better!! :)
#school-counseling #school #graduation #career-planning #college #SchoolIsLife

Ariel’s Avatar
Ariel Jan 16, 2018 836 views

What does it mean to be a school counselor?

I am looking into possibly looking at this as a career. I want to know what this career is like and all that it entails.

#community-psychology #school-counseling #college-counseling #teaching #education #guidance-counselor

Christopher’s Avatar
Christopher Jan 15, 2018 804 views

Who’s life will I change ?

I am asking this because one day I can change someone’s life in a positive or negative way. No one can tell what I will do in the future. But I also would want to ask this question so I can change my wrongs into rights. My life goal is to change and impact someone’s life in a positive way so...

RAVI’s Avatar
RAVI Oct 14, 2017 785 views

What was the result of IIT JAM 2017?

Is there anyone who can share the previous year cut off and result of #IIT JAM? #studying #exam #india #time-management #higher-education #school-counseling

Cristina’s Avatar
Cristina Oct 12, 2017 868 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. #exams #test #school-counseling #professor #higher-education #education-management #education #organization...

RAVI’s Avatar
RAVI Oct 12, 2017 1058 views

Will joining IIT JAM Coaching be beneficial for preparation?

As we all know that the #IIT JAM 2018 Exam will be held on 11 February 2018. So, there are only few days are left to prepare for the exam. I’m also preparing for JAM Exam, and still not completed my syllabus and confused that should I joint IIT JAM 2018 Coaching or self-study is sufficient to...

RAVI’s Avatar
RAVI Oct 09, 2017 743 views

How to get best study material for IIT JAM Preparation?

I want to get best study material to get higher rank in #JAM 2018 Exam. #studying #exam #india #time-management #higher-education #school-counseling

Aba’s Avatar
Aba Sep 01, 2017 543 views

what is the best campus job that gives you a lot of time study and do hw

like a job that lets be do my hw and have the best time flexible time.#school-counseling

Estefania’s Avatar
Estefania Mar 22, 2017 1416 views

is there a way to get a bachelor/master at the same time?

I want to study psychology but it takes a long time to get a ph.D #psychology #graduate-school #college-admissions #scholarships #clinical-psychology #school-counseling

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Feb 12, 2017 700 views

How is best to study for the GRE?

I am a junior in college, #graduate-school #school-counseling

Diamond’s Avatar
Diamond Feb 07, 2017 612 views

What's the best way to study for the SAT/ACT?

Finding the right way to study is vital for the best success. #teacher #school-counseling #tutoring

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Feb 07, 2017 838 views

How relevant are minors in college to a job?

I am a Honor Business and Liberal Arts minor #career #career-counseling #career-choice #school #graduate-school #school-counseling #higher-education #college-minor #college-major #college-advice

Talha’s Avatar
Talha Jan 10, 2017 1349 views

How many volunteering hours should any high school student put in to get a decent acceptance to a college?

I am currently in 11th grade and I have put in about 130-145 hours of volunteering work. I was wondering if that would be enough but I am not sure. I know good grades are a factor but I was wondering what the most a child can put in? #college #science #health #school #college-admissions...

Esther’s Avatar
Esther Nov 27, 2016 4407 views

Is taking a semester off for an internship a good choice?

As part of my school's Accounting and Taxation Honor Program, there is a requirement to take the winter semester of our senior year off for an internship. This internship will give me an insight into the accounting field as well as possibly landing me a job after college. All my financial aid...

Tanner’s Avatar
Tanner Nov 01, 2016 745 views

What do employers look for most in students looking for jobs/careers in engineering?

I want to finish college and join the work force successfully #engineering #school-counseling

Tanner’s Avatar
Tanner Nov 01, 2016 759 views

What is the best way to go about getting a coop when in an engineering program?

Getting ready for college and want to grow my knowledge #engineering #school-counseling