Career Questions tagged School Counseling

Ramiro H.’s Avatar
Ramiro H. Apr 13 166 views

what is the best way to prepare for a electrician career in the future

i am a junior in high school and I want to get ready for a career in the trades immediately after school. I will do whatever it takes to get my dreams to reality. school-counseling career...

careers

Donovan C.’s Avatar
Donovan C. Mar 17 210 views

What is the best way to prepare you for the marketing field?

I am a middle school student and I took a quiz in class that told me marketing would be a good career choice. career marketing school majors careers...

school-counseling

Weixuan W.’s Avatar
Weixuan W. Nov 28, 2020 585 views

Is UC Irvine a good school for engineering?

# UCI # UC Universities # Public Universities # engineering teacher school-counseling...

history

Hydee L.’s Avatar
Hydee L. Nov 02, 2020 255 views

Looking for a mentor to complete school project

I will be working on a capstone project that I need to graduate from high school. I am planning to study actuarial science in university next year. So I am looking for a mentor who is working as a actuary to give suggestions and advice on my capstone project. Actuary mentoring school...

high-school-classes school-counseling

travion G.’s Avatar
travion G. Sep 22, 2020 359 views
Rachel A.’s Avatar
Rachel A. Dec 03, 2019 410 views

Career advice for directionless psychology graduate

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology and I am looking for a career-path that will be fulfilling, suit my interests, and not require more than a master's degree. I'm an introvert, but I am interested in helping/understanding others. I enjoy puzzles, learning,...

healthcare marketing genetic-counseling hr school-counseling nursing

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 14, 2017 578 views

What was the result of IIT JAM 2017?

Is there anyone who can share the previous year cut off and result of IIT JAM? studying exam india time-management higher-education...

school-counseling

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 12, 2017 858 views

Will joining IIT JAM Coaching be beneficial for preparation?

As we all know that the IIT JAM 2018 Exam will be held on 11 February 2018. So, there are only few days are left to prepare for the exam. I’m also preparing for JAM Exam, and still not completed my syllabus and confused that should I joint IIT JAM 2018 Coaching or self-study is sufficient to...

exam studying india time-management tutoring higher-education school-counseling

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 09, 2017 577 views

How to get best study material for IIT JAM Preparation?

I want to get best study material to get higher rank in JAM 2018 Exam. studying exam india time-management higher-education...

school-counseling

Hannah D.’s Avatar
Hannah D. Aug 26, 2018 245 views

What is the best way to study in Nursing school?

I know nursing school requires a different approach to learning than other classes. Since nursing is such a different program than others, what is the best tip for studying and maintaining what you learn? school-counseling...

nursing

Fatima W.’s Avatar
Fatima W. Aug 15, 2018 313 views

How did you know your school was a good fit for you?

Were your counselors helpful? Did you go to your dream school or did you change your mind?...

school-counseling

Leonila D.’s Avatar
Leonila D. Apr 12, 2018 373 views

Can I apply to dental school and hygiene school at the same time?

I have been put on a wait list to dental schools. I am going to reapply again but I am keeping my options open just in case dental school will not accept me again. I am also going to apply at a hygiene school. ( Note I have all the requirements I needed for dental my scores were not that bad....

dental-school student-counseling hygiene-school gap-year school-counseling

Ariel D.’s Avatar
Ariel D. Jan 16, 2018 583 views

What does it mean to be a school counselor?

I am looking into possibly looking at this as a career. I want to know what this career is like and all that it entails. community-psychology school-counseling college-counseling teaching education...

guidance-counselor

David H.’s Avatar
David H. Jan 24, 2018 697 views

Would it be rude to tell my teacher to stop smoking, if not, how can I put it as gently as possible?

She is an amazing teacher who knows a great deal. She has control of the class and makes learning effective but her breath and classroom smells of cigarettes and coffee. For her well being I want her to stop smoking and in turn help me and my classmates learn better without worrying about...

student counselor school-counseling education morality education-management

Christopher N.’s Avatar
Christopher N. Jan 15, 2018 570 views

Who’s life will I change ?

I am asking this because one day I can change someone’s life in a positive or negative way. No one can tell what I will do in the future. But I also would want to ask this question so I can change my wrongs into rights. My life goal is to change and impact someone’s life in a positive way so...

happiness school-counseling counseling mentoring

ALVIN L.’s Avatar
ALVIN L. Jan 17, 2018 431 views
Cristina G.’s Avatar
Cristina G. Oct 12, 2017 651 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. exams test school-counseling professor higher-education education-management education organization...

student-counseling organizational-development

Aba M.’s Avatar
Aba M. Sep 01, 2017 434 views

what is the best campus job that gives you a lot of time study and do hw

like a job that lets be do my hw and have the best time flexible...

school-counseling

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. Feb 12, 2017 571 views
Diamond B.’s Avatar
Diamond B. Feb 07, 2017 474 views
Talha N.’s Avatar
Talha N. Jan 10, 2017 1225 views

How many volunteering hours should any high school student put in to get a decent acceptance to a college?

I am currently in 11th grade and I have put in about 130-145 hours of volunteering work. I was wondering if that would be enough but I am not sure. I know good grades are a factor but I was wondering what the most a child can put in? college science health school college-admissions...

volunteering biomedical-engineering school-counseling

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Nov 27, 2016 3813 views

Is taking a semester off for an internship a good choice?

As part of my school's Accounting and Taxation Honor Program, there is a requirement to take the winter semester of our senior year off for an internship. This internship will give me an insight into the accounting field as well as possibly landing me a job after college. All my financial aid...

internships career-path accounting career-choice career-development career-counseling accountant school-counseling

Tanner P.’s Avatar
Tanner P. Nov 01, 2016 624 views
Tanner P.’s Avatar
Tanner P. Nov 01, 2016 619 views
Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Oct 14, 2016 660 views

Honor Programs, are they important to employers?

I am an accounting major that is and have attended multiple networking clubs and events. One of the professor of an event said that I should join as much honor programs as possible. He suggested to join the accounting honor society as well as the accounting & taxation honor program at my...

employers school-counseling career-counseling