Career Questions tagged Student Counseling

Leonila D.’s Avatar
Leonila D. Apr 12, 2018 357 views

Can I apply to dental school and hygiene school at the same time?

I have been put on a wait list to dental schools. I am going to reapply again but I am keeping my options open just in case dental school will not accept me again. I am also going to apply at a hygiene school. ( Note I have all the requirements I needed for dental my scores were not that bad....

dental-school gap-year hygiene-school student-counseling school-counseling

Clarise B.’s Avatar
Clarise B. Apr 04, 2018 634 views

How many hours of classes should I take per semester?

I am working on enrolling, and I will be a full-time student. I want to take as many gen-ed classes as I can to get them out of the way, but how many hours would you recommend I take? I won't be living on campus, so I don't want to overload on classes, but I would like to get classes done....

student-counseling college-advice college-admission college-admissions

Sean C.’s Avatar
Sean C. Jan 20, 2018 449 views

What are some necessities(or extra things) I need to bring to college?

Being the first child that is going to college in my immediate family, what are some necessities or extra things I should bring to college as a freshman? Thanks! college freshmen student...

student-counseling

Cristina G.’s Avatar
Cristina G. Oct 12, 2017 632 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. exams test school-counseling professor higher-education education-management education organization...

student-counseling organizational-development

Jennifer P.’s Avatar
Jennifer P. Mar 21, 2017 689 views

I am studying for a post first degree law, which possible arears should i focus on

I am applying for post first degree law school this year. I like to learn new things, I believe I have good communication and debatable skills. but I am not sure if I know what to expect in the entrance exams or during the interview. I would really appreciate some guidance. law...

student-counseling job-application law-practice personal-development career-counseling guidance-counselor corporate-law law-school career-details

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 14, 2017 978 views

can i pursue two courses at the same time

i am 16 right now and i need to choose my career so as to work for it in my last 2 years of my high school. I really want to pursue two careers and i wont be able to choose between them since i am really interested (sometimes talented too...) in them. so i dont know if i could do b.sc in...

biotech student-counseling biotechnology research future-careers career-counseling fashion-design fashion

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 06, 2017 637 views

What is the best approach to take towards a poorly taught course?

I am a graduate Electrical Engineering student and throughout my career as a student I found that there were a few classes that provided less than satisfactory learning experience and I've always felt unsure about how to approach such classes. I feel that I tend to be uncertain about who to...

counseling college-student professor student-counseling student-engagement academic-advisor student-affairs student

Ginna M.’s Avatar
Ginna M. Jan 20, 2017 580 views

Is it allowed, and is there a benefit to using new studet loans to pay off the oldest ones?

I am in graduate school, and the student loans are piling on. I notices some of the older, unsubsidized loans are starting to accumulate interest. I wonder if it would be wise to use my refunds to pay off these older student loans? graduate-school doctorate-degree student-counseling...

student-affairs

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 10, 2016 665 views

Does college rankings matter?

I remembered back in high school, rankings was a big thing to me. I would constantly check usnews and other websites to see where a certain school ranked before applying to it. However, now that I'm in a college that is averagely ranked, I am wondering if ranking of a college really does...

counseling college-advice student-counseling high-school-students college-selection college career-counseling college-admissions

Akampreet K.’s Avatar
Akampreet K. Oct 11, 2016 439 views

How to plan your courses by semester by semester?

I think planning is important when it comes to graduating on time. I want to be more organized and make sure I am on the right track. college students...

student-counseling

Sherry-Lisa S.’s Avatar
Sherry-Lisa S. Sep 14, 2016 719 views

What is the must trending field in psychology?

I am a third year student reading for my bachelors degree in psychology and would like to know what feild is best to specialize in. psychology clinical-psychology student-counseling...

clinical-research

Daniel L.’s Avatar
Daniel L. Aug 19, 2016 652 views

When is the right time to go to grad school? (Master's Program)

I am about to graduate from University of South Florida in Spring 2017. I am asking because I plan to get my master's in Criminology and Public Admin. but do not have enough saved up for it. graduate-school law-enforcement criminology student-counseling...

public-safety

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 07, 2016 1732 views

In high school, is it better to take career-related classes or classes that are pretty unnecessary to your future but are fun for you?

In high school, classes are separated into core classes (main subjects like Mathematics, English, Science, etc.) and electives (classes outside a required curriculum like Creative Writing, Band, Ceramics, etc.). Electives may not seem that important because they are more of a "just because"...

student-counseling electives high-school-classes

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 07, 2016 789 views

What are the essential skills you need to possess when on the search for a job/career. How would I develop and practice these skills as a high school student?

Many have started their job/career lives during high school, whether it be a summer job or necessary part-time work during the school year. Many high school students have also gone out to look for a job, but have come back without a single "You're hired!". I would like to know if there are...

hiring high-school student-counseling student-development interviewing-skills communication-skills

Felicia L.’s Avatar
Felicia L. Jul 20, 2016 639 views

What is the best way to get me to stop telling myself that I'm not 'good enough' for a certain college?

I'm asking this question because I'm a high schooler who will be going through the college admissions process in a year a so, and I know many high schoolers are angry, frustrated, and stressed out over getting into a 'good' college. So I wanted to know how we can tell ourselves that life isn't...

student-counseling student college-bound college-admissions

Nikhita M.’s Avatar
Nikhita M. Jul 10, 2016 806 views

How do you find the right volunteer opportunities that help in building experience for the career of choice ?

I love to volunteer and have been volunteering since I was young. Recently I received an advice that I should volunteer strategically. I wanted to find out what others thought. career-counseling volunteering student-counseling...

admissions-counseling

Chanel F.’s Avatar
Chanel F. Jun 16, 2016 929 views

Are taking AP classes and a language in high school better than college?

People have told me you don't even get a lot of credits for AP classes and that they just drop you GPA. Is this true? What option will save me more money? Also, when the high school speech guy talked about what he wished he would do he said that he would take the lanuage four years during high...

language-teaching professor student-counseling mentoring student graduate life-coach psychology

Mary D.’s Avatar
Mary D. May 30, 2016 701 views

How much counseling does a school guidance counselor actually do?

My teacher told me that most of the time, counselors does more of administrative work. They barely have time to actually counsel students anymore. psychology guidance-counselor...

student-counseling

Emily L.’s Avatar
Emily L. Aug 03, 2015 1263 views

What are the steps I should take to pursue a career in counseling?

I am a 2nd year Psychology major student. I'm looking to go into a counseling career, such as career counseling or student counseling. I'm wondering what steps I should take to pursue this type of career. For example, what classes I should take in college, what I should minor in, and types of...

classes majors career-counseling psychology student-counseling