Career Questions tagged Student Counseling

Leonila D.’s Avatar
Leonila D. Apr 12, 2018 258 views

Can I apply to dental school and hygiene school at the same time?

I have been put on a wait list to dental schools. I am going to reapply again but I am keeping my options open just in case dental school will not accept me again. I am also going to apply at a hygiene school. ( Note I have all the requirements I needed for dental my scores were not that bad....

#dental-school #student-counseling #school-counseling #hygiene-school #gap-year

Clarise B.’s Avatar
Clarise B. Apr 04, 2018 493 views

How many hours of classes should I take per semester?

I am working on enrolling, and I will be a full-time student. I want to take as many gen-ed classes as I can to get them out of the way, but how many hours would you recommend I take? I won't be living on campus, so I don't want to overload on classes, but I would like to get classes done....

#college-admission #college-admissions #college-advice #student-counseling

Sean C.’s Avatar
Sean C. Jan 20, 2018 354 views

What are some necessities(or extra things) I need to bring to college?

Being the first child that is going to college in my immediate family, what are some necessities or extra things I should bring to college as a freshman? Thanks! #college #freshmen #student...

#student-counseling

Cristina G.’s Avatar
Cristina G. Oct 12, 2017 488 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. #exams #test #school-counseling #professor #higher-education #education-management #education #organization...

#organizational-development #student-counseling

Jennifer P.’s Avatar
Jennifer P. Mar 21, 2017 576 views

I am studying for a post first degree law, which possible arears should i focus on

I am applying for post first degree law school this year. I like to learn new things, I believe I have good communication and debatable skills. but I am not sure if I know what to expect in the entrance exams or during the interview. I would really appreciate some guidance. #law...

#law-school #corporate-law #guidance-counselor #law-practice #career-counseling #career-details #personal-development #job-application #student-counseling

Vanessa G.’s Avatar
Vanessa G. May 18, 2016 405 views
Meschel V.’s Avatar
Meschel V. Mar 28, 2017 429 views
hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 14, 2017 722 views

can i pursue two courses at the same time

i am 16 right now and i need to choose my career so as to work for it in my last 2 years of my high school. I really want to pursue two careers and i wont be able to choose between them since i am really interested (sometimes talented too...) in them. so i dont know if i could do b.sc in...

#biotechnology #research #fashion #career-counseling #future-careers #fashion-design #biotech #student-counseling

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 06, 2017 542 views

What is the best approach to take towards a poorly taught course?

I am a graduate Electrical Engineering student and throughout my career as a student I found that there were a few classes that provided less than satisfactory learning experience and I've always felt unsure about how to approach such classes. I feel that I tend to be uncertain about who to...

#professor #student-affairs #student #college-student #student-engagement #counseling #academic-advisor #student-counseling

Ginna M.’s Avatar
Ginna M. Jan 20, 2017 471 views

Is it allowed, and is there a benefit to using new studet loans to pay off the oldest ones?

I am in graduate school, and the student loans are piling on. I notices some of the older, unsubsidized loans are starting to accumulate interest. I wonder if it would be wise to use my refunds to pay off these older student loans? #graduate-school #doctorate-degree #student-counseling...

#student-affairs

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 10, 2016 586 views

Does college rankings matter?

I remembered back in high school, rankings was a big thing to me. I would constantly check usnews and other websites to see where a certain school ranked before applying to it. However, now that I'm in a college that is averagely ranked, I am wondering if ranking of a college really does...

#high-school-students #college #college-admissions #career-counseling #college-selection #counseling #college-advice #student-counseling

Akampreet K.’s Avatar
Akampreet K. Oct 11, 2016 375 views

How to plan your courses by semester by semester?

I think planning is important when it comes to graduating on time. I want to be more organized and make sure I am on the right track. #college #students...

#student-counseling

Sherry-Lisa S.’s Avatar
Sherry-Lisa S. Sep 14, 2016 643 views

What is the must trending field in psychology?

I am a third year student reading for my bachelors degree in psychology and would like to know what feild is best to specialize in. #psychology #clinical-psychology #student-counseling...

#clinical-research

Daniel L.’s Avatar
Daniel L. Aug 19, 2016 564 views

When is the right time to go to grad school? (Master's Program)

I am about to graduate from University of South Florida in Spring 2017. I am asking because I plan to get my master's in Criminology and Public Admin. but do not have enough saved up for it. #graduate-school #law-enforcement #criminology #student-counseling...

#public-safety

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 07, 2016 1460 views

In high school, is it better to take career-related classes or classes that are pretty unnecessary to your future but are fun for you?

In high school, classes are separated into core classes (main subjects like Mathematics, English, Science, etc.) and electives (classes outside a required curriculum like Creative Writing, Band, Ceramics, etc.). Electives may not seem that important because they are more of a "just because"...

#electives #high-school-classes #student-counseling

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 07, 2016 606 views

What are the essential skills you need to possess when on the search for a job/career. How would I develop and practice these skills as a high school student?

Many have started their job/career lives during high school, whether it be a summer job or necessary part-time work during the school year. Many high school students have also gone out to look for a job, but have come back without a single "You're hired!". I would like to know if there are...

#student-development #hiring #communication-skills #high-school #interviewing-skills #student-counseling

Felicia L.’s Avatar
Felicia L. Jul 20, 2016 570 views

What is the best way to get me to stop telling myself that I'm not 'good enough' for a certain college?

I'm asking this question because I'm a high schooler who will be going through the college admissions process in a year a so, and I know many high schoolers are angry, frustrated, and stressed out over getting into a 'good' college. So I wanted to know how we can tell ourselves that life isn't...

#college-admissions #student #student-counseling #college-bound

Nikhita M.’s Avatar
Nikhita M. Jul 10, 2016 703 views

How do you find the right volunteer opportunities that help in building experience for the career of choice ?

I love to volunteer and have been volunteering since I was young. Recently I received an advice that I should volunteer strategically. I wanted to find out what others thought. #career-counseling #volunteering #student-counseling...

#admissions-counseling

Chanel F.’s Avatar
Chanel F. Jun 16, 2016 833 views

Are taking AP classes and a language in high school better than college?

People have told me you don't even get a lot of credits for AP classes and that they just drop you GPA. Is this true? What option will save me more money? Also, when the high school speech guy talked about what he wished he would do he said that he would take the lanuage four years during high...

#professor #mentoring #language-teaching #psychology #graduate #student #life-coach #student-counseling

Mary D.’s Avatar
Mary D. May 30, 2016 608 views

How much counseling does a school guidance counselor actually do?

My teacher told me that most of the time, counselors does more of administrative work. They barely have time to actually counsel students anymore. #psychology #guidance-counselor...

#student-counseling

Purushotham N.’s Avatar
Purushotham N. May 04, 2016 531 views
Emily L.’s Avatar
Emily L. Aug 03, 2015 1147 views

What are the steps I should take to pursue a career in counseling?

I am a 2nd year Psychology major student. I'm looking to go into a counseling career, such as career counseling or student counseling. I'm wondering what steps I should take to pursue this type of career. For example, what classes I should take in college, what I should minor in, and types of...

#majors #psychology #student-counseling #career-counseling #classes