Career Questions tagged Academic Advisor

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. May 23, 2016 491 views

What is the best way to determine if your major is the best major for you?

I recently thought I found the perfect major and minor. I was really excited to finally go from #undecided to declaring my current major/minor, Apparel Merchandising and Product Development/Marketing. I was glad to finally share my decision with family and friends, only to have them make me...

#academic-advisor #counselor

Jasmine W.’s Avatar
Jasmine W. May 23, 2016 513 views

I recently thought I found the perfect major and minor. I was really excited to finally go from undecided to declaring my current major/minor, Apparel Merchandising and Product Development/Marketing. I was glad to finally share my decision with family and friends, only to have them make me...

#undecided #career-advice #career-counseling #counselor #career #academic-advisor

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. May 07, 2017 649 views

If I am interested in having a career related to space and ideally NASA, what would be the best approach be as a undergraduate rising junior?

I am already pursuing a degree in the health sciences, and I am interested in pursuing another degree, particularly one related to space. I would like some advice on the best way to pursue this interest. #astronomy #space #academic-advisor...

#college-professor

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 06, 2017 490 views

What is the best approach to take towards a poorly taught course?

I am a graduate Electrical Engineering student and throughout my career as a student I found that there were a few classes that provided less than satisfactory learning experience and I've always felt unsure about how to approach such classes. I feel that I tend to be uncertain about who to...

#counseling #student-counseling #student-affairs #academic-advisor #student #student-engagement #college-student #professor

samson O.’s Avatar
samson O. Feb 22, 2017 465 views

data analyst

so i am planning to be a data analyst after my graduation from computer engineering from the university. i am curios on what i need to do to fulfil this career dream, do i need more studies after my graduation or what path should i embark on after my studies? #engineering #graduate-school...

#academic-advising #academic-advisor

Dylan M.’s Avatar
Dylan M. May 25, 2016 432 views

Why do many students not complete undergraduate degree after 4 years?

Many schools show low percentage of 4 year graduation rates. Are these percentages for BS or BA degrees? Any why does it seem to take most student longer than 4 years to finish their undergrad degree?...

#academic-advisor

Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. May 25, 2016 383 views

When applying to college what should I look for to decide which is best?

I am looking into several universities and I wanted to know which details I should look at to make sure I am getting the best education I can. #college #graduate...

#academic-advisor

Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. May 25, 2016 505 views

Is there a specific degree that I should choose when wanting to apply to dental school?

I am enrolling in college and I want to become a dentist in the future. Is there a specific plan of study I should follow in order to achieve this? #college #dentistry #dentist #academic-advisor...

#pre-dental

Valentina  D.’s Avatar
Valentina D. May 19, 2016 487 views

Would it be bad to get a bachelor's degree at a state college instead of a university?

I live about 20 minutes away from a state college that offers a bachelor's degree in Biology. That is what I plan to major in regardless of what school I to attend. I would rather go to a state college because I can live at home and I will save about 40,000 dollars, if I attend the state...

#counselor #advising #advisory-boards #academic-advisor

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. May 17, 2016 451 views

I'm concerned that because college will be more challenging academically than high school that I might have some trouble keeping my grades at a top level. How can I make the adjustment to college learning without stressing myself out?

I have always done well in school and pride myself on my working knowledge. I am concerned that my grades might suffer due to all the changes I will have to deal with being on my own for the first time. I'm sure many students have experienced this, and want to avoid it, if at all possible....

#advice #academic-advising #college #guidance-counselor #academic-advisor