Career Questions tagged Advising

Trayvon S.’s Avatar
Trayvon S. Aug 16, 2018

How should you get out of being home sick?

Lauryn J.’s Avatar
Lauryn J. May 06, 2016

How do you get internships for music corporations?

I really want to pursue a career in the music industry. #advising #music...

#internships

Valentina  D.’s Avatar
Valentina D. May 19, 2016

Best website for scholarships?

I would like to save as much money as possible when I go to college. Where should I apply for scholarships? #college #scholarships #counselor #academic-advising #advising...

#advisory-boards

Kartik C.’s Avatar
Kartik C. Sep 02, 2016

How to get an on-campus job while doing Masters?

I am pursuing my Masters in UT Arlington, and I am interested in building up my profile. #advice #academic-advising #advising #college-advising...

#investment-advisor

Kartik C.’s Avatar
Kartik C. Aug 30, 2016
Susanne B.’s Avatar
Susanne B. May 11, 2016

How did you feel when you first left off for college?

I have never been away from home for very long. I am a home body. I am anxious, but I am also very nervous. I just wanted to know if that was normal and if you could share your own personal experiences. #college #human-resources #help #life-coach...

#advising

Valentina  D.’s Avatar
Valentina D. May 19, 2016

Should I go to the Navy?

Should I go to the Navy after I get my associates degree or after I become a physician assistant? #counselor #navy #united-states-navy #advising...

#advisory-boards

Valentina  D.’s Avatar
Valentina D. May 19, 2016

Would it be bad to get a bachelor's degree at a state college instead of a university?

I live about 20 minutes away from a state college that offers a bachelor's degree in Biology. That is what I plan to major in regardless of what school I to attend. I would rather go to a state college because I can live at home and I will save about 40,000 dollars, if I attend the state...

#advising #academic-advisor #counselor #advisory-boards

Kyle H.’s Avatar
Kyle H. May 15, 2016

When should I decide on a major?

I don't want to have to redo classes in college, when should I be decided on my major?...

#advising

Karen E.’s Avatar
Karen E. May 14, 2016

How do I stay on top of homework and still get a proper amount of sleep?

This past semester has been, for lack of a better word, a nightmare. It is not the first semester where I have had to pull multiple all-nighters within the same week, but it has resulted in the most. I work hard in my classes to achieve nice grades, but sacrifice much sleep along the way. I...

#advising #early-childhood-education #psychology