Career Questions tagged Medical School

Is taking a major which requires medical school and all that jazz worth?

1

Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Active Oct 17 at 04:01 PM

Posted by Kertiandra G.’s Avatar Kertiandra G.
Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Lillian Wang, LMSW | Career Counselor in Higher Education There is no major that "requires" medical school. There are majors ...

How to be successful in med school?

I am a high school senior and I plan on studying exercise science then going to med school. What are some classes that would help me pass the MCAT and be more successful in med school?...

#medical-school

1

David George’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:32 PM

Posted by Briana F.’s Avatar Briana F.
David George’s Avatar
David George | Psychic Detective at David George Psychic/Medium My present title, I only retain mostly based on the skills ...
Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN’s Avatar
Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN | Associate Professor of Neurology No, but you might have a greater chance for acceptance at ...

What is the best undergrad degree when pursuing a Medical degree?

1

James Holstein,M.D.’s Avatar
Active Oct 02 at 03:19 PM

Posted by Kate K.’s Avatar Kate K.
James Holstein,M.D.’s Avatar
James Holstein,M.D. Years ago was told not to be a classic premed student. ...

How long would it take for me to become an Orthodontist, and where to I begin?

My name is Athalia, and i have just began my 10th grade year. In school, I am very interested in science/biology. My hobbies are softball, writing and reading. A topic that I'm passionate about is science/biology because it has to d o with the study of human life. I hope to become an...

#biology #doctor #science #medical-school #orthodontist #teeth #medicine

1

Sheena Tolbert’s Avatar
Active Sep 29 at 10:26 PM

Posted by Athalia O.’s Avatar Athalia O.
Sheena Tolbert’s Avatar
Sheena Tolbert | Customer Service Advocate <span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85);">In order to become an orthodontist you ...
Shaniece Lawrence’s Avatar
Shaniece Lawrence | Site Assistant at Wingspan Arts I will be honest that is a little rare to come ...

What does a coroner usually do on a regular basis?

1

David George’s Avatar
Active Nov 28 at 02:14 AM

Posted by Keziah B.’s Avatar Keziah B.
David George’s Avatar
David George | Psychic Detective at David George Psychic/Medium There is a show on ID/Discovery called: “Coroner, I Speak for ...

what is the best major for medical school?

What should I declare as my undergrad major to enter medical school? Some good schools do not have pre-med as an undergrad major. #majors #school #medical-school #professional #medical-school...

#major

1

Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Active Nov 04 at 12:14 AM

Posted by Amber K.’s Avatar Amber K.
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC | School Counselor and Mental Health Clinician Hi Amber,Pre-med is not considered a college major for medical schools. ...

How important is taking non-science based classes for a future in medicine?

I read that medical schools look for students that take classes that stand out from the usual classes that med school applicants take. How accurate is this? #medical-school...

#medicine

0

Active Aug 23 at 04:23 PM

Posted by Sapha M.’s Avatar Sapha M.

How long do most applied psychologists go to school for?

1

Dana Jordan’s Avatar
Active Oct 11 at 04:48 PM

Posted by Cameron F.’s Avatar Cameron F.
Dana Jordan’s Avatar
Dana Jordan | Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers Hi Cameron, Typically 7 years depending on your program, internships etc. ...

What are some methods to reduce the cost of medical school/pay off debt effectively?

Even though medical school is several years away for me, I would like to be prepared in advance. I've seen that med school is quite the hassle in terms of finances and debt, but that the result is worth it, including the income from a residency after med school. Are there any other ways to...

#school #financial-services #psychology #medical-school #psychiatry #graduate-school #medicine #premed #debt

2

Sean Buchan’s Avatar Christine Feghali’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:45 PM

Posted by Mariya T.’s Avatar Mariya T.
Sean Buchan’s Avatar
Sean Buchan | Wealth Management Banking Specialist at Merrill Lynch Medical school is one of the few schools I believe are ...

Can you get scholarships to medical school?

How do you pay for medical school? Are there organizations that pay for your schooling under a certain agreement? #medical-school...

#scolarship

1

Tasha Butler’s Avatar
Active Aug 17 at 03:27 AM

Posted by David J.’s Avatar David J.
Tasha Butler’s Avatar
Tasha Butler | Training and Development Hey David. Medical school scholarships are available. Take a look at ...

How do you get into medical school?

What steps should I take as an undergrad to prepare myself for med school? #medical-school...

#prepare

0

Active Aug 14 at 06:08 PM

Posted by David J.’s Avatar David J.

What are the best ways to find the right medical school for me?

I will be applying to med school in the upcoming years, and I would like to know the most effective ways to find the right one for me....

#medical-school

0

Active Aug 11 at 05:59 AM

Posted by Kaylyn H.’s Avatar Kaylyn H.

Is it better to be a doctor than to be an actuary?

Both are lucrative careers but which would be a better option? #doctor #medical-school #college-admissions #actuarialscience...

#actuary

1

Marie Hathaway’s Avatar
Active Aug 23 at 04:15 AM

Posted by Klees T.’s Avatar Klees T.
Marie Hathaway’s Avatar
Marie Hathaway | Operations Manager at Uncharted (formerly Unreasonable Institute) Hi Klees! This is such a great question -- and something ...

how should one manage stress when prepping for medical school?

the MCAT, i am told, requires almost a full semester of study time before, how do you deal with that? #graduate-school #medical-school...

#time-management

0

Active Aug 09 at 09:56 PM

Posted by Heather B.’s Avatar Heather B.

What can I take part in/do to make my medical school application look better and maybe increase my chance of acceptance?

How to beef up med school application....

#medical-school

0

Active Jul 23 at 04:42 PM

Posted by Warren L.’s Avatar Warren L.

Is it worth the time and money to become a Medical Doctor?

I was very set on going to medical school and becoming a doctor this time last year; however, the doctors I have asked have said that they would pursue Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant instead if they were to choose their career over again. What do y'all think? Thanks! #doctor #nurse...

#medical-school #physician-assistant #nurse-practitioner #doctorate-degree #pre-med

1

Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar
Active Oct 08 at 03:21 AM

Posted by isabel B.’s Avatar isabel B.
Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA’s Avatar
Ann Gianoglio Burk, MBA | Student/Customer Care Manager | Operations Handywoman | People ... Hi Isabel,That's a really tough question that really only you can ...

If I’m interested in going to medical school is the only major I can get a biology degree?

People have to me that if I didn’t go to medical school that with a biology degree, I could only teach biology. So can I get a different degree and still go to medical school? #medical-school #majors #biologydegree #medicine...

#med-school

2

Suman Kalanithi’s Avatar Jason Cordes’s Avatar
Active Oct 17 at 04:12 PM

Posted by Charity R.’s Avatar Charity R.
Suman Kalanithi’s Avatar
Suman Kalanithi | Neurologist You can major in anything! (As long as you complete, and ...

Will becoming a doctor be worth the time and energy?

Is it worth all the money you'll have to spend, the amount of studying you'll have to do, and the fact that you'll have to hold of on things like having a family? #doctor #medicine #surgeon #medical-school...

0

Active Jul 01 at 06:25 AM

Posted by Adam L.’s Avatar Adam L.

Is a surgeon a good career to have?

I am really interested in being a surgeon. But you have to go to school for a long time. Is it worth all the time at school. Does it have good pay? #surgeon #surgery #medical-school #neurosurgeon #career...

#lotsofschool

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Jul 04 at 09:29 PM

Posted by Danika B.’s Avatar Danika B.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential It could be. The most important thing for you to do ...

What education is needed to become a doctor?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#medicine #medical-school #hospital-and-healthcare #doctor

0

Active Jun 15 at 02:00 AM

Posted by Alexandra C.’s Avatar Alexandra C.

What motivated you to continue on with school?

I know I have a long road ahead of me as I start this journey of one day becoming a doctor. For all those Doctors out there. Can you offer some advice on what you did to keep you motivated to stay the course and never give up on yourself even when times got hard. #doctor . #physician....

#medical #medical-school #college-degree #college #healthcare #medicine

2

Christine Gazzara’s Avatar Brice LALEYE’s Avatar
Active Jun 22 at 10:12 PM

Posted by Samantha K.’s Avatar Samantha K.
Christine Gazzara’s Avatar
Christine Gazzara | Physical Therapist, Doctor of Physical Therapy at Ensign ... I was more and more motivated as I gained experience with ...

How do you stay motivated as a doctor to continue with medical school?

I’m currently biology/pre-Med and I always wondering how do doctors stay motivated to stay in school so long. I know personally I have 15+ years of school including college but I was wondering how can I keep myself focused and motivated to continue. #medical-school #school...

#schooling

1

cecilia moyikoua’s Avatar
Active May 31 at 04:37 PM

Posted by Joshua L.’s Avatar Joshua L.
cecilia moyikoua’s Avatar
cecilia moyikoua Personnally I haven't do a medical school but I have do ...

What can I do to maximize my chances of getting into medical school and, in the case that I am not accepted, what is the next step I can take?

I am a rising college sophomore looking to attend medical school post-graduation. I have read that medical schools are interested in many things including MCAT scores, GPA, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, ability to answer interview questions, etc. I am, therefore,...

#medical-school #medicine #med-school

0

Active Aug 13 at 01:46 AM

Posted by Maribel S.’s Avatar Maribel S.

What is the best way to accumulate money for college in a short period of time?

Due to family crisis, I am unable to pay for my upcoming school year at my university. It's getting to the point where I may have to unenroll from my university and take a gap year. I'm in love with my university and all the opportunities I have been awarded. I am unable to file for grants...

#medical-school #money #college #crisis #money-management

1

Arianna Rodriguez’s Avatar
Active Jun 02 at 01:54 AM

Posted by Ashlyn R.’s Avatar Ashlyn R.
Arianna Rodriguez’s Avatar
Arianna Rodriguez | Academic Advisor at CUNY Hello Ashlyn, I do hope that everything works out for you ...

Which major is the most optimal for someone planning to go to med school?

I am considering being a PreMed major since I want to go to med school, but I know that PreMed might limit me if I were to not go to med school. What major is recommended for someone wanting to go to med school but who may need the flexibility to pursue a different career? #premed #doctor...

#medical-school #medicine #healthcare

2

Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN’s Avatar Hwal Lee’s Avatar
Active Nov 25 at 04:16 AM

Posted by Evan C.’s Avatar Evan C.
Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN’s Avatar
Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN | Associate Professor of Neurology Any, as long as you fulfill the requirements for the Med ...

What qualities and grades do medical schools look for in a student?

0

Active Jul 24 at 06:05 PM

Posted by Ashlyn S.’s Avatar Ashlyn S.

What requirements are needed to have the best chance at getting into Med school?

1

Hanah Williams’s Avatar
Active May 24 at 08:39 PM

Posted by Samantha R.’s Avatar Samantha R.
Hanah Williams’s Avatar
Hanah Williams | Neogenomics Consultant Samantha,CLINICAL EXPERIENCE. Scribe, shadow, and start speaking to physicians. One of ...

What kind of back up plans are available for pre-med students?

There are more applicants than matriculants and it will only get more difficult to enter medical school. What are some back up plans that a student majoring in science can have aside in order to prepare for the worst outcome: rejection? #college #medicine #doctor #medical-school #med-school...

#science #graduate-school #pre-med

0

Active Aug 10 at 11:32 PM

Posted by Sophia P.’s Avatar Sophia P.

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)