Career Questions tagged Emt

CareerVillage Office Hours’s Avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours Mar 22 44 views

Are there internships available for aspiring EMTs/paramedics?

This is part of our professionals series where we ask professionals what they think students should know

Eileen’s Avatar
Eileen Nov 01, 2022 176 views

Which is better, CNA or EMT?

I have the choice to take a CNA or an EMT class in high school but I'm not sure which would be a better fit, what are the benefits and downsides of both?

shree’s Avatar
shree Oct 25, 2022 138 views

Shadow an EMT?

I want to shadow an EMT to learn some practical skills. I am 15 years old. How do I find such opportunities to shadow and learn from an EMT ?

Lucas’s Avatar
Lucas Sep 23, 2022 271 views

Can you describe your company culture?

To understand the company's values, management, leadership styles, and the approach in which they take to solve challenges and treating their employees in that particular occupation.

Lucas’s Avatar
Lucas Sep 23, 2022 224 views

Why did you decide to work in this industry?

My goal is to gain a better understanding of what other people think about an industry before I choose a career

Lucas’s Avatar
Lucas Sep 23, 2022 269 views

What benefits come with this career?

401 K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Medical leave, Paid Sick Leave, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Identity Protection, financial resources, Financial Hardship Programs, Flexible Scheduling, Disability Insurance

David’s Avatar
David Sep 07, 2022 321 views

Where to start as a fresh EMT?

When I become an EMT, where should i start? a hospital's "In house" ambulance service, a fire department, or an independent ambulance contractor for the local area? what are the benefits to either approach, what's seen as the better choice for beginners?

andrea’s Avatar
andrea May 18, 2022 286 views

EMT: how difficult was it to work in a moving environment?

when traveling in an ambulance I know there can be bumps and other obstacles in the road literally and figuratively so I'm just wondering the process of getting familiar with working in that environment .

andrea’s Avatar
andrea May 18, 2022 263 views

How long did it take to officially become an EMT?

after exams and field hours

andrea’s Avatar
andrea May 18, 2022 553 views

What was the hardest part of training to be an EMT?

both physically and mentally

andrea’s Avatar
andrea May 17, 2022 263 views

EMT QUESTION

When becoming an EMT was a fitness routine necessary in order to keep up with the work ?

Hector’s Avatar
Hector Nov 29, 2021 498 views

What is like to work as an EMT

I'm thinking in studying to become an EMT
#emt #paramedic #emergency #medical

Katarina’s Avatar
Katarina Feb 26, 2021 417 views

Is a job in the government easier to achieve then a job in medicine such as nursing.

I´m not sure what career I want to do yet, but I am interested in these but I just don´t know how I would get there. #jobs #government #advocacy #medicine #nurse #emt

shaianne’s Avatar
shaianne Feb 04, 2021 372 views

what am i doing when i grow up

#medicalfield #emt #trauamnurse #hospital #business #selfemployed

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Dec 12, 2019 452 views

How would I go about becoming an EMT?

I’m a junior in high school and I attend a public safety class. I’m really interested in becoming an EMT and I would like to know more about this career. #EMT #career

Kylie’s Avatar
Kylie May 28, 2019 428 views

How much training is needed in order to be an EMT?

#paramedic #emt

Emmanuel’s Avatar
Emmanuel May 28, 2019 413 views

What type of training or education must an EMT learn?

#EMT #medicine

Aleksandra’s Avatar
Aleksandra May 04, 2019 618 views

What is something you wish you knew before you entered the medical field?

I am planning to be premed in college next year, and I don't know any medical professionals closely. I would appreciate any input on what surprised you about medicine, and what one should be prepared for. Thank you! #stem #women-in-stem #medicine #med #doctor #surgeon #premed #nurse #pa #ot #pt...

Paige’s Avatar
Paige Oct 29, 2018 880 views

What is a good minor for someone who wants to major in Emergency Medical Technician?

#EMT #major #college-major #medicine #healthcare #minor

isabel’s Avatar
isabel Jul 09, 2018 804 views

Will being an Emergency Medical Technician scar me for life?

I am currently enrolled in an EMT certification course offered at my school, and, though I am very very excited about it, I am also quite terrified at the possible situations I might encounter on a call. Do EMTs frequently feel burned out and emotionally drained? Also, is it possible for an EMT...

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jun 20, 2018 593 views

What education is needed to become a paramedic?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

Kima’s Avatar
Kima May 17, 2018 581 views

Can i major in more than one thing in college

I want to major in #criminology & #sociology & #physiology & #emt and I want to know how many years estimated will I be in college

James’s Avatar
James Jan 18, 2018 694 views

How hard is it to get into the EMT field?

I've always had a hard time getting interviews, how hard is it to get a job once you're a certified #EMT? #emergency-medicine #medicine

gisselle ’s Avatar
gisselle Oct 30, 2017 815 views

what is it like to be an EMT?

I want to become an EMT when I grow up. #emt #medicine #emergency-medicine #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare

Hailee’s Avatar
Hailee Oct 27, 2016 711 views

What kind of classes should in college if I want to succeed in being a Firefighter?

I am working towards my dream career and I don't know the specific classes I should take to prepare for that. #firefighting #emt #emergency-management

Maurice’s Avatar
Maurice Apr 08, 2016 717 views

What is a day like for an EMT?

I'm interested in being an EMT after high school #doctor #medicine #emt

Requelinda’s Avatar
Requelinda Mar 09, 2016 982 views

After High School I am planning to go into the medical field, I am leaning toward becoming an EMT, What steps would I need to take to becoming a EMT?

I have been interested in the medical field ever since I have been able to read & I am just curious about what path I should take. #doctor #nurse #paramedic #emt

Tasha’s Avatar
Tasha Dec 17, 2014 1053 views

After high-school, what is the first step that should be taken to become an EMT?

I'm really interested in becoming an EMT after high-school but I'm not sure how to pursue that and where the best place to go to start out would be. #medicine #emergency #emt