Career Questions tagged Homeland Security

erick S.’s Avatar
erick S. Dec 05, 2018 99 views
Anastazia R.’s Avatar
Anastazia R. Apr 22, 2018 182 views

How competitive are college homeland security programs?

The security of our nation is extremely important to me, and I am interested in studying homeland security in college. I get good grades, so I likely wont have too much trouble being accepted into a school. But I have heard that some degree programs are more competitive than others for...

#competition #government #law-enforcement #homeland-security #programs #security

Anastazia R.’s Avatar
Anastazia R. Apr 22, 2018 132 views

What are the best schools for studying homeland security?

I know that some schools have a better reputation than others in general, but what about homeland security programs specifically? I want to make sure that I get the best education available to me within my field. #college #reputation...

#homeland-security

Isabel C.’s Avatar
Isabel C. Jan 03, 2018 246 views

What should I major in? What courses should I take?

Hello, I'm a junior in high school. I want to work for homeland security. I want to be an Appeals Officer, but I don't know what courses/major. #college #college-bound #college-major #government...

#homeland-security

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 03, 2017 399 views

How can I transition a previous career in the Legal field to my new degree and Homeland Security?

I believe I have a lot of skills that I believe can be transferrable, but I am not sure how to make the transition. #recruiting #legal #homeland-security #personal-development...

#career-details

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 03, 2017 594 views

What are some key words that really stick out to employers?

I am working on my new resume and I want to try to get the attention of the employer so I am not passed because my resume is ordinary. #criminal-justice #recruiting #hiring #homeland-security...

#job-application

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017 453 views

I am taking free courses that lead to certification with FEMA, will this be beneficial for government position?

I just received my Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security and am now taking some online courses with FEMA and may start on some courses regarding statistics and the Design of Experiments. Would these be beneficial topics to get with to obtain a way into the government?...

#legal #criminology #government #fema #homeland-security #recruiting #criminal-justice #human-resources

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 22, 2017 431 views

Why do some universities push you towards a career where you have no experience?

My professors are great, but I am finding that now that I am in the work force that I do not have the proper background for the position. How can they guide you you one way because you do feel passion for it, but didn't know you will never be a complete success. You owe money and you need to...

#legislative-research #college-major #government #college-admissions #homeland-security #recruiting

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 19, 2017 425 views

I am very new in my new career (I am changing it at 40). My networking is really involving only one company. How do I expand my network to get more job opportunities that are not necessarily in my field of choice, but will benefit?

I have a lot of paralegal experience, just from earning my B.A. I would like to advance into Homeland Security, but I am finding it hard to meet the job qualifications for a position in this field because of my age and my inability to join the Army or other national force. Was my education...

#age-in-the-workplace #disabilities #government #homeland-security #talent-recruiting #human-resources

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 447 views

How do employer's really see an applicant with a disability?

I have a tracheotomy and although I am familiar with the laws pertaining to those who are disabled, do employers actually consider hiring you if you are disabled in the back of their minds? I have been out of work for a while due to my issue, but finally have the situation under control. I...

#recruiting #employment-law #social-networking #homeland-security

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 409 views

I may want a Ph.D. studying human trafficking or women and terrorism, what careers should I be looking for?

I have a Bachelor's in Sociology, Minor in International Relations, and now a Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security. I would like to know where I should be looking for employment to prepare me for my possible future studies. #criminal-justice #social-networking...

#homeland-security

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 16, 2017 418 views

How do you use a Homeland Security degree in searching for a career?

I am actually still in school for about three more weeks and I am finishing my thesis on Cybercrime. My experience is in Sociology and the Legal field. I am self-motivated and a hard-worker who learns pretty fast. I am anxious to get a career, but I am 41 years old and have been out of work...

#women #federal-government #cyber-crime #government #social-networking #homeland-security #counter-terrorism #human-rights

Jacky S.’s Avatar
Jacky S. Jun 01, 2016 496 views

How long is the application process to join ICE

I'm just wondering how long is the application process to become and ICE agent #federal-government #homeland-security...

#federal-agent

Jacky S.’s Avatar
Jacky S. May 28, 2016 528 views

How can my major affect my career?

I am a young female deciding which major I should take that'll help me most in a career law enforcement and homeland security. #police...

#homeland-security

Ossie W.’s Avatar
Ossie W. Nov 25, 2014 1964 views

What would I have to major in to get a job on homeland security? And what does a job in homeland security entail?

I am currently a junior in high school and have always been interested in some kind of job with the government or military. I grew up under the influence of my grandfather who was enlisted in the navy during the Vietnam war and and have since aspired to enlist or obtain a job related to the...

#law-enforcement #military #homeland-security #police #national-security #fbi

Elba D.’s Avatar
Elba D. Apr 09, 2014 1029 views

What potential jobs can you get after graduating with a BA in criminal justice?

I would like to major in criminal justice after I get to college and graduate with a BA. #criminal-justice #criminology #federal-government #homeland-security #successful...

#paralegals

Elba D.’s Avatar
Elba D. Apr 09, 2014 1053 views

What do you have to do to prepare yourself to become an FBI agent?

I want to major in criminal justice, and I definitely want to become an FBI agent or a chief executive in anything in a criminal justice field. #criminal-justice #criminology #federal-government #fbi #homeland-security...

#criminal-law