Career Questions tagged Federal Government

Brennen’s Avatar
Brennen Jan 30 54 views

How do I become an FBI agent?

How long do I have to go to school?
What classes do I have to take?

Malaisha’s Avatar
Malaisha Dec 14, 2022 123 views

As a crime scene investigator, what is the most traumatizing part of your career?

Brenna’s Avatar
Brenna Nov 10, 2022 128 views

How should I get involved in political campaigns when I get to college?

How should I get involved in political campaigns when I get to college. I am a senior in high school and I am looking to pursue the political science field and want to become a lawyer. I love my AP Government class and learning about our history and the Constitution.

Tess’s Avatar
Tess Nov 08, 2022 166 views

What can a rising college student do to get involved with American Government and Policy?

As an AP United States History and AP United States Government and Politics student, my interest in American government has grown substantially. How can a rising college student get involved with American government and policy?

jayden’s Avatar
jayden Nov 08, 2022 422 views

What is a better degree for criminal justice BA or BS/ Is a minor in business worth the degree?

What is the best major for an FBI agent, What criminal justice major is better criminal justice BS or criminal justice BA ?

Is a minor in Business worth the degree ?

Norris’s Avatar
Norris Nov 03, 2022 341 views

What does your workday as a lawyer look like?

Hello, I am focusing very straightforward on becoming a lawyer and someday a Judge my question is there anyone who could maybe tell me about their workday as a lawyer? I'm also looking broaden my horizons and get a better insight into the legal system

O'Keizion’s Avatar
O'Keizion Oct 31, 2022 203 views

mechanical engineer vs cia agent

what is the best job in making the best money and other job opportunities and just have a better time making a future for being a mechanical engineer and or being a cia agent.

Madyson’s Avatar
Madyson Oct 26, 2022 118 views

Federal Government or Investigator/ College

What college courses should I be taking to work for the federal government as an agent or investigator?

David’s Avatar
David Aug 23, 2022 336 views

How to become a CIA agent?

Hi I’m David, I was thinking about what requirements do people join the Central Intelligence Agency.

vincent’s Avatar
vincent May 31, 2022 183 views

whats the highest pay in homeland security and what is the lowest pay in homeland security?

i need to know if this a job will have me financially stable for the lifestyle i want to live.

S.M. Asikul Islam’s Avatar
S.M. Asikul Islam Apr 07, 2021 302 views

What educationcal qualification is needed for studying CA?

#gpa #college-selection #federal-government #government #colleges

fernando’s Avatar
fernando Oct 14, 2019 360 views

whats the experience pay for HVAC

#federal-government #social-worker #internship #volunteer #finance#elchimuelo

Taylor’s Avatar
Taylor Aug 30, 2018 575 views

Is there financial aid for everyone?

#financial-aid #college #federal-government

clarence’s Avatar
clarence Aug 20, 2018 442 views

How do i become a border patrol agent

#federal-agent, what are the steps for becoming a federal border agent in the United States? #federal-government

Alexia’s Avatar
Alexia May 21, 2018 775 views

College Scholarships

Hi! My mom is a single parent who's had to take care of me since I was seven years old with the help of her family. She is also a soldier in the US Army, so I was wondering if there are certain scholarships for military dependents and if so what are they? #highschool #collegeapplications...

Brandon’s Avatar
Brandon Feb 26, 2017 816 views

Does the amount of Federal Student Aid increase when applying for a 4 year college?

I am currently enrolled in a community college and have been granted $5,000 in student aid for full time, and was wondering if when I transfer that the amount granted would pay for the yearly tuition of a four-year school. #graduate-school #college-admissions #federal-government #federal-work-study

Melissa’s Avatar
Melissa Feb 16, 2017 820 views

How do you use a Homeland Security degree in searching for a career?

I am actually still in school for about three more weeks and I am finishing my thesis on Cybercrime. My experience is in Sociology and the Legal field. I am self-motivated and a hard-worker who learns pretty fast. I am anxious to get a career, but I am 41 years old and have been out of work...

Zachary’s Avatar
Zachary Feb 09, 2017 636 views

What are some of the most desirable traits which should be present in a person who is seeking a job in the federal government, specifically within the realms of Public Policy or International Politics?

One of my main goals is to become involved in the political mechanism of the U.S., perhaps out of a naive desire to be influential and to communicate radical ideologies to lawmakers. I would like to know of some of the traits which are prominent in people who are politically successful or are...

Zachary’s Avatar
Zachary Feb 09, 2017 709 views

What types of government internships should be taken to gain experience in the fields of Public Policy or International Politics?

I am considering a career in the realm of Political Science, and I would like to participate in government-based activities during and after my educational experience. #government #political-science #politics #federal-government #public-policy

Hashir’s Avatar
Hashir Nov 10, 2016 909 views

Private Loans vs. Federal Loans. What are the pros and cons?

From what I can understand there are many types of loans for undergraduate or graduate school. Can anyone explain why I should choose a federal loan over a private loan or vice versa? #college #finance #financial-services #student-loans #federal-government #fafsa

Sydney’s Avatar
Sydney Oct 30, 2016 702 views

what type of degree would best prepare me for a career in homeland security?

I am interested in security firms that contract with the government for homeland security. #federal-government #federal-agent #contractors #private-investigations #federal-air-marshal #private

diana’s Avatar
diana Oct 29, 2016 700 views

do you have to pay when applying for fafsa ?

when I applied for fafsa, I had to pay $78. I am not sure why I had to pay for it. I thought it was free... #government #federal-government

Tyler’s Avatar
Tyler Oct 26, 2016 2761 views

Would it be better to get a job with the federal government or a corporation such as Boeing or Lockheed Martin?

I have heard that getting jobs with the government can be difficult unless you have people on the inside to help you out. So, I'm asking if avoiding the hassle and going to a corporation would be just as good (if not better). #engineering #science #technology #mechanical-engineering #math...

Brooke’s Avatar
Brooke Oct 21, 2016 832 views

With being a women, and if I pursure a career in STEM, what are the possibilities for me?

I would like to know because sometimes being a women can hold you back from doing certain jobs due to the advancement you need to take and not every women would take them due to they really don't fully understand them, and or a women has never held that role before. #business-development...

Andrea’s Avatar
Andrea Aug 05, 2016 1548 views

Special Agents vs Crime Scene Investigators

Is there a difference between the two? If so, what is/are they? #college #university #federal-government #crime #criminal-investigations #federal-agent

Alexandria’s Avatar
Alexandria Jun 18, 2016 1543 views

What are some ways I can make political connections while in highschool?

I am planning on attending college to major in political science before attending law school. Eventually, I plan on going on to run for a governmental position. I would like to get involved now with my local government and am part of a YMCA program that helps with that, but what else can I do...

Jacky’s Avatar
Jacky Jun 01, 2016 785 views

How long is the application process to join ICE

I'm just wondering how long is the application process to become and ICE agent #federal-government #homeland-security #federal-agent

Chyanne’s Avatar
Chyanne May 25, 2016 766 views

Whats the hardest thing to do in the FBI?

I ask this because I would love to be in the FBI one day and fight crime. #police-officer #federal-government #federal-agent

Marissa’s Avatar
Marissa May 24, 2016 1013 views

What is it like to work in an US embassy?

Are there a lot of jobs requiring language skills? #government #language #federal-government #international-affairs #translation #ngos #us-government #embassy

Cheyenne’s Avatar
Cheyenne May 22, 2016 686 views

Other than interpreter positions, what other positions are available in the Federal Government for someone majoring in Applied Linguistics?

I am asking because, I am extremely interested in languages, especially American Sign Language, and am interested in working with the Federal Government. #federal-government #foreign-languages #linguistics