Career Questions tagged Federal Government

Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. Aug 30, 2018 179 views
clarence B.’s Avatar
clarence B. Aug 20, 2018 158 views

How do i become a border patrol agent

#federal-agent, what are the steps for becoming a federal border agent in the United States?...

#federal-government

Alexia G.’s Avatar
Alexia G. May 21, 2018 313 views

College Scholarships

Hi! My mom is a single parent who's had to take care of me since I was seven years old with the help of her family. She is also a soldier in the US Army, so I was wondering if there are certain scholarships for military dependents and if so what are they? #highschool #collegeapplications...

#scholarships #militarydependent #federal-government

shaheen S.’s Avatar
shaheen S. May 18, 2016 425 views
Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 26, 2017 485 views

Does the amount of Federal Student Aid increase when applying for a 4 year college?

I am currently enrolled in a community college and have been granted $5,000 in student aid for full time, and was wondering if when I transfer that the amount granted would pay for the yearly tuition of a four-year school. #graduate-school #college-admissions #federal-government...

#federal-work-study

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 16, 2017 428 views

How do you use a Homeland Security degree in searching for a career?

I am actually still in school for about three more weeks and I am finishing my thesis on Cybercrime. My experience is in Sociology and the Legal field. I am self-motivated and a hard-worker who learns pretty fast. I am anxious to get a career, but I am 41 years old and have been out of work...

#counter-terrorism #federal-government #women #homeland-security #social-networking #cyber-crime #government #human-rights

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 410 views

What are some of the most desirable traits which should be present in a person who is seeking a job in the federal government, specifically within the realms of Public Policy or International Politics?

One of my main goals is to become involved in the political mechanism of the U.S., perhaps out of a naive desire to be influential and to communicate radical ideologies to lawmakers. I would like to know of some of the traits which are prominent in people who are politically successful or are...

#federal-employment-law #politics #government #government-contracting #federal-government

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 363 views

What types of government internships should be taken to gain experience in the fields of Public Policy or International Politics?

I am considering a career in the realm of Political Science, and I would like to participate in government-based activities during and after my educational experience. #government #political-science #politics #federal-government...

#public-policy

Hashir A.’s Avatar
Hashir A. Nov 10, 2016 542 views

Private Loans vs. Federal Loans. What are the pros and cons?

From what I can understand there are many types of loans for undergraduate or graduate school. Can anyone explain why I should choose a federal loan over a private loan or vice versa? #college #finance #financial-services #student-loans #federal-government...

#fafsa

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Oct 30, 2016 437 views

what type of degree would best prepare me for a career in homeland security?

I am interested in security firms that contract with the government for homeland security. #federal-government #federal-agent #contractors #private-investigations #federal-air-marshal...

#private

diana A.’s Avatar
diana A. Oct 29, 2016 461 views

do you have to pay when applying for fafsa ?

when I applied for fafsa, I had to pay $78. I am not sure why I had to pay for it. I thought it was free... #government...

#federal-government

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Oct 26, 2016 1307 views

Would it be better to get a job with the federal government or a corporation such as Boeing or Lockheed Martin?

I have heard that getting jobs with the government can be difficult unless you have people on the inside to help you out. So, I'm asking if avoiding the hassle and going to a corporation would be just as good (if not better). #engineering #science #technology #mechanical-engineering #math...

#aeronautics #aerospace-engineering #federal-government

Brooke E.’s Avatar
Brooke E. Oct 21, 2016 456 views

With being a women, and if I pursure a career in STEM, what are the possibilities for me?

I would like to know because sometimes being a women can hold you back from doing certain jobs due to the advancement you need to take and not every women would take them due to they really don't fully understand them, and or a women has never held that role before. #business-development...

#government-relations #ceo #international-business #federal-government

Andrea L.’s Avatar
Andrea L. Aug 05, 2016 898 views

Special Agents vs Crime Scene Investigators

Is there a difference between the two? If so, what is/are they? #college #university #federal-government #crime #criminal-investigations...

#federal-agent

Alexandria S.’s Avatar
Alexandria S. Jun 18, 2016 1047 views

What are some ways I can make political connections while in highschool?

I am planning on attending college to major in political science before attending law school. Eventually, I plan on going on to run for a governmental position. I would like to get involved now with my local government and am part of a YMCA program that helps with that, but what else can I do...

#lawyer #local-government #us-government #political-campaigns #federal-government

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 501 views

Entry level internships

Hello my name is Naysa and I am a freshman in college. I am looking for an internship within the federal government, or for representatives, congressmen, and delegates. My problem is that the jobs I have done in past, have nothing to do with any of these subjects. So how do I arranged my...

#internships #human-resources #intern #top-management-hiring #federal-government

Jacky S.’s Avatar
Jacky S. Jun 01, 2016 507 views

How long is the application process to join ICE

I'm just wondering how long is the application process to become and ICE agent #federal-government #homeland-security...

#federal-agent

Chyanne S.’s Avatar
Chyanne S. May 25, 2016 500 views

Whats the hardest thing to do in the FBI?

I ask this because I would love to be in the FBI one day and fight crime. #police-officer #federal-government...

#federal-agent

Marissa M.’s Avatar
Marissa M. May 24, 2016 633 views
Cheyenne B.’s Avatar
Cheyenne B. May 22, 2016 485 views

Other than interpreter positions, what other positions are available in the Federal Government for someone majoring in Applied Linguistics?

I am asking because, I am extremely interested in languages, especially American Sign Language, and am interested in working with the Federal Government. #federal-government #foreign-languages...

#linguistics

Cheyenne B.’s Avatar
Cheyenne B. May 22, 2016 387 views

How difficult is it to get into a governmental interpretation position?

I am going to major in Applied Linguistics and am also majoring in Spanish at Union University in the Fall and am wanting to carry my career into the governmental aspect. I have also taken three years of (and am fluent in) American Sign Language and would like to incorporate that as well. I...

#languages #interpretation #federal-government

Mackenzie  Y.’s Avatar
Mackenzie Y. May 19, 2016 537 views

What oppurtunites are there for people with political science majors?

I am a high school junior that has a love for politics but I'm still unsure of what oppurtunites there are out there. #political-science...

#federal-government

Jake D.’s Avatar
Jake D. May 17, 2016 414 views
edgar  R.’s Avatar
edgar R. May 17, 2016 540 views

What types of positions does the FBI offer?

There are agents obviously but also computer-positions... what else? #law-enforcement #federal-government #fbi...

#federal-agent

Chanel P.’s Avatar
Chanel P. May 13, 2016 538 views

What are some programs that help students pay off college debt ?

I am asking because a lot of these student loan forgiveness programs are scams. It is very hard to pay off my students loans and make a living for my self and my son. I went to college to earn more money and have a better living. Now it just seems like a big scam because not only am I...

#federal-government #student-loans #financial-aid

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 646 views

As an entry level intern for the government what should I write for cover letters

I know each job is different, besides the name and job name and number, what should be the bones of my cover letter. #internships #federal-government...

#entry-level

Samantha G.’s Avatar
Samantha G. Dec 08, 2015 632 views

What might a government property investigator / inspector do through out a month?

I am a senior in high school and I am interested in working with/under the government. I know a little bit about this career, but I am interested in learning more about it to find out if it is the right career for me. I would like to get a sense of what someone in this career might do, and how...

#inspections #local-government #investigations #federal-government

Samantha G.’s Avatar
Samantha G. Dec 08, 2015 965 views

Could someone have a career in a science field that is under the government, and what careers might these be?

I am a senior in high school, and I am interested in both a science related career as well as a government career. I am interested in both local and federal government, so a career under either would be fine. I am also interested in water resources, genetics, marine biology, and environmental...

#genetics #environmental #local-government #marine-biology #federal-government

Lucas G.’s Avatar
Lucas G. Dec 17, 2014 1477 views