Career Questions tagged Federal Government

clarence B.’s Avatar
clarence B. Aug 20, 2018 333 views

How do i become a border patrol agent

federal-agent, what are the steps for becoming a federal border agent in the United States?...

federal-government

Alexia G.’s Avatar
Alexia G. May 21, 2018 639 views

College Scholarships

Hi! My mom is a single parent who's had to take care of me since I was seven years old with the help of her family. She is also a soldier in the US Army, so I was wondering if there are certain scholarships for military dependents and if so what are they? highschool collegeapplications...

federal-government militarydependent scholarships

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 26, 2017 668 views

Does the amount of Federal Student Aid increase when applying for a 4 year college?

I am currently enrolled in a community college and have been granted $5,000 in student aid for full time, and was wondering if when I transfer that the amount granted would pay for the yearly tuition of a four-year school. graduate-school college-admissions federal-government...

federal-work-study

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 16, 2017 687 views

How do you use a Homeland Security degree in searching for a career?

I am actually still in school for about three more weeks and I am finishing my thesis on Cybercrime. My experience is in Sociology and the Legal field. I am self-motivated and a hard-worker who learns pretty fast. I am anxious to get a career, but I am 41 years old and have been out of work...

government federal-government social-networking human-rights cyber-crime homeland-security counter-terrorism women

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 553 views

What are some of the most desirable traits which should be present in a person who is seeking a job in the federal government, specifically within the realms of Public Policy or International Politics?

One of my main goals is to become involved in the political mechanism of the U.S., perhaps out of a naive desire to be influential and to communicate radical ideologies to lawmakers. I would like to know of some of the traits which are prominent in people who are politically successful or are...

federal-employment-law government federal-government politics government-contracting

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 603 views

What types of government internships should be taken to gain experience in the fields of Public Policy or International Politics?

I am considering a career in the realm of Political Science, and I would like to participate in government-based activities during and after my educational experience. government political-science politics federal-government...

public-policy

Hashir A.’s Avatar
Hashir A. Nov 10, 2016 749 views

Private Loans vs. Federal Loans. What are the pros and cons?

From what I can understand there are many types of loans for undergraduate or graduate school. Can anyone explain why I should choose a federal loan over a private loan or vice versa? college finance financial-services student-loans federal-government...

fafsa

Sydney S.’s Avatar
Sydney S. Oct 30, 2016 576 views
diana A.’s Avatar
diana A. Oct 29, 2016 584 views

do you have to pay when applying for fafsa ?

when I applied for fafsa, I had to pay $78. I am not sure why I had to pay for it. I thought it was free... government...

federal-government

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Oct 26, 2016 2278 views

Would it be better to get a job with the federal government or a corporation such as Boeing or Lockheed Martin?

I have heard that getting jobs with the government can be difficult unless you have people on the inside to help you out. So, I'm asking if avoiding the hassle and going to a corporation would be just as good (if not better). engineering science technology mechanical-engineering math...

federal-government aeronautics aerospace-engineering

Brooke E.’s Avatar
Brooke E. Oct 21, 2016 697 views

With being a women, and if I pursure a career in STEM, what are the possibilities for me?

I would like to know because sometimes being a women can hold you back from doing certain jobs due to the advancement you need to take and not every women would take them due to they really don't fully understand them, and or a women has never held that role before. business-development...

ceo federal-government international-business government-relations

Andrea L.’s Avatar
Andrea L. Aug 05, 2016 1331 views

Special Agents vs Crime Scene Investigators

Is there a difference between the two? If so, what is/are they? college university federal-government crime criminal-investigations...

federal-agent

Alexandria S.’s Avatar
Alexandria S. Jun 18, 2016 1420 views

What are some ways I can make political connections while in highschool?

I am planning on attending college to major in political science before attending law school. Eventually, I plan on going on to run for a governmental position. I would like to get involved now with my local government and am part of a YMCA program that helps with that, but what else can I do...

us-government lawyer political-campaigns federal-government local-government

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 1300 views

Entry level internships

Hello my name is Naysa and I am a freshman in college. I am looking for an internship within the federal government, or for representatives, congressmen, and delegates. My problem is that the jobs I have done in past, have nothing to do with any of these subjects. So how do I arranged my...

top-management-hiring internships federal-government intern human-resources

Jacky S.’s Avatar
Jacky S. Jun 01, 2016 676 views

How long is the application process to join ICE

I'm just wondering how long is the application process to become and ICE agent federal-government homeland-security...

federal-agent

Chyanne S.’s Avatar
Chyanne S. May 25, 2016 655 views

Whats the hardest thing to do in the FBI?

I ask this because I would love to be in the FBI one day and fight crime. police-officer federal-government...

federal-agent

Marissa M.’s Avatar
Marissa M. May 24, 2016 849 views
Cheyenne B.’s Avatar
Cheyenne B. May 22, 2016 615 views

Other than interpreter positions, what other positions are available in the Federal Government for someone majoring in Applied Linguistics?

I am asking because, I am extremely interested in languages, especially American Sign Language, and am interested in working with the Federal Government. federal-government foreign-languages...

linguistics

Cheyenne B.’s Avatar
Cheyenne B. May 22, 2016 533 views

How difficult is it to get into a governmental interpretation position?

I am going to major in Applied Linguistics and am also majoring in Spanish at Union University in the Fall and am wanting to carry my career into the governmental aspect. I have also taken three years of (and am fluent in) American Sign Language and would like to incorporate that as well. I...

federal-government interpretation languages

Mackenzie  Y.’s Avatar
Mackenzie Y. May 19, 2016 821 views

What oppurtunites are there for people with political science majors?

I am a high school junior that has a love for politics but I'm still unsure of what oppurtunites there are out there. political-science...

federal-government

edgar  R.’s Avatar
edgar R. May 17, 2016 767 views

What types of positions does the FBI offer?

There are agents obviously but also computer-positions... what else? law-enforcement federal-government fbi...

federal-agent

Chanel P.’s Avatar
Chanel P. May 13, 2016 696 views

What are some programs that help students pay off college debt ?

I am asking because a lot of these student loan forgiveness programs are scams. It is very hard to pay off my students loans and make a living for my self and my son. I went to college to earn more money and have a better living. Now it just seems like a big scam because not only am I...

federal-government financial-aid student-loans

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 848 views

As an entry level intern for the government what should I write for cover letters

I know each job is different, besides the name and job name and number, what should be the bones of my cover letter. internships federal-government...

entry-level

Samantha G.’s Avatar
Samantha G. Dec 08, 2015 813 views

What might a government property investigator / inspector do through out a month?

I am a senior in high school and I am interested in working with/under the government. I know a little bit about this career, but I am interested in learning more about it to find out if it is the right career for me. I would like to get a sense of what someone in this career might do, and how...

federal-government inspections local-government investigations

Samantha G.’s Avatar
Samantha G. Dec 08, 2015 1194 views

Could someone have a career in a science field that is under the government, and what careers might these be?

I am a senior in high school, and I am interested in both a science related career as well as a government career. I am interested in both local and federal government, so a career under either would be fine. I am also interested in water resources, genetics, marine biology, and environmental...

genetics federal-government local-government environmental marine-biology