Career Questions tagged Government

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Nov 29, 2021 96 views

What is the best way to find entry-level government jobs?

I am a Political Science major and would like to do policy-related work for a government agency. government political-science college-major...

career

Cassie M.’s Avatar
Cassie M. Jul 31, 2021 144 views

How is the work load in your field?

I am interested in becoming a program and management analyst in the FBI, as well as becoming a director of operations. FBI Director-of-operations management analyst program-management government security director...

career

raadi R.’s Avatar
raadi R. Oct 09, 2021 141 views
Rob B.’s Avatar
Rob B. Jul 02, 2021 178 views

As a student of Politics, I want to pursue a career in helping others. How do I go about getting into the industry?

I'm a student studying Politics and I want to pursue a career where I can help others. Ideally, I would like a role where I research and use the information to influence policy. The only problem is I have no real-world experience. Are there any good ways to get experience? I am looking at...

politics policy research volunteer government

Mira ..’s Avatar
Mira .. Mar 18, 2021 176 views

What classes do you recommend someone takes if they would like to work in the government?

I'm in middle school and taking a career class. After I took a survey, government was one of the suggested paths I got. I'm interested in learning more about how the career path of government works. career...

government

Mira ..’s Avatar
Mira .. Mar 18, 2021 223 views

Is it difficult to be apart of the government?

government

Mira ..’s Avatar
Mira .. Mar 18, 2021 146 views

How many years of college are recommended for someone interested in government?

I'm in middle school and taking a career class. After I took a survey, government was one of the suggested paths I got. I'm interested in learning more about how many years of college I would need to if I wanted to work in government. career...

government

Nate R.’s Avatar
Nate R. Mar 18, 2021 146 views

What school did you go to?

I would like to be in the government and the public administration department. I think that I would be good at it. It was chosen for me because of the things I like. government # carreer school...

graduate-school

Nate R.’s Avatar
Nate R. Mar 18, 2021 182 views

What classes did you take in college?

One of the career clusters was to be an in Government and a public Administrative. I am an athlete and think that I will do good in this career. careers government public...

Katarina P.’s Avatar
Katarina P. Feb 26, 2021 227 views

Is a job in the government easier to achieve then a job in medicine such as nursing.

I´m not sure what career I want to do yet, but I am interested in these but I just don´t know how I would get there. jobs government advocacy medicine nurse...

emt

john O.’s Avatar
john O. Feb 24, 2021 185 views

What major should I pick in college to get a job in Government or Finance?

I've always been interested in the economy both on a personal and a larger level in terms of Government. I hold myself to high standards and I wanted to know the paths of those who are in the places I wanna be. economy major...

government

Jason P.’s Avatar
Jason P. Feb 23, 2021 232 views

I don't know exactly what i want to do. At first i felt like i wanted to do something in law, that also may partain to psychology but then i wanted to maybe do something in politics.

I am a very pesistant person. I always push for what i want or need. I want the best for people and help the greater good. I do feel as though we need more morally right people in this world and i want to be that person. Any way I can if thats with doing law or politics or something else for...

law government law-enforcement politics

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Nov 18, 2020 316 views

What is it like to be a politics or government major?

I am looking at being some type of lawyer. This is often the most related major a lot of colleges have. I’m curious to know the kinds of classes and assignments people with this major typically have. GivingisCaring college university major government lawyer college-major...

choosing-a-major

Oscar R.’s Avatar
Oscar R. Aug 25, 2020 217 views

Can a undocumented immigrant apply for advance parole?

I saw somewhere that a undocumented person can apply for advance parole to get a legal reentry to adjust status to permanent residence. advice immigration...

government

Monique M.’s Avatar
Monique M. Jul 17, 2020 350 views

What are the pros and cons for working in a government agency?

I currently volunteer with several nonprofits doing communications and programmatic work, but I am looking to extend this to government agencies. What are the costs and benefits of working for a government agency (salary, job security, etc.)? JULY20 career...

government

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Feb 01, 2020 235 views

For physics majors, how does government research projects compare to those of private companies?

I am a senior in high school, one of my teachers had told me that government research and private research were different, primarily focusing on grant focused payment vs direct. What are other differences? physics research...

government

Ashleyn Z.’s Avatar
Ashleyn Z. Aug 12, 2019 296 views

i am considering joining the military, would this be a good path for joining the SWAT, or become a Secret Service Agent?

I am currently getting my training for protective services and after I graduate I am planning on joining the military. But at the moment I'm not entirely sure if that's the best course I should take and would like some intel from someone who has more experience and know more than I do....

government military law-enforcement

Ashleyn Z.’s Avatar
Ashleyn Z. Aug 05, 2019 370 views

What value does the job look for in a person they are hiring?

I am a student at job crops, getting my training for Protective Services. I'm interested in joining the boarder patrol or the FBI, and would like to get some information from people who have experience with it. career government...

law

Ashleyn Z.’s Avatar
Ashleyn Z. Aug 05, 2019 311 views

What does a typical day on this job look like?

I am a student at job crops, getting my training for Protective Services. I'm interested in joining the boarder patrol or the FBI, and would like to get some information from people who have experience with it. career...

government

Ashleyn Z.’s Avatar
Ashleyn Z. Aug 05, 2019 319 views

What do you like and dislike about the job?

I am a student at job crops, getting my training for Protective Services. I'm interested in joining the boarder patrol or the FBI, and would like to get some information from people who have experience with it. Zamora.Ashleyn@live.jobcorps.org career government...

job