Career Questions tagged Government

Lindsay M.’s Avatar
Lindsay M. Jan 17, 2018 416 views

Is the Foreign Service Academy really selective and hard (ivy league hard) to get in?

Planning to be a diplomat but I would like to know if I will have to have a really amazing resume or is the academy only take testing scores. Something I would like to know before I am dead set on being a diplomat. #government #diplomat...

#foreign-service

Elena L.’s Avatar
Elena L. Jan 16, 2018 188 views

For political science, would it be best to become involve in local government?

I would like to know what sorts of activities would boost me resume and give me experience. #political-science #government #local-government...

#resume

bilquis F.’s Avatar
bilquis F. May 07, 2016 917 views

How do I become an IPS officer?

Bradford S.’s Avatar
Bradford S. Mar 02, 2018 207 views

I would like to develop software for the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

A large problem in our country is the amount of undocumented persons within its borders. How can I develop Software to make the process of deportation more effective for the ICE. While President Trump has seeked to finish this goal, I fear that without the proper software and monitoring devices...

#defense #immigration #government

Jake A.’s Avatar
Jake A. Jan 22, 2018 257 views

Which government agency is best to go into for cyber-security?

I want to be in a cyber-security team for the US government serving in one of the intelligence branches (CIA, DoD, DIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) and I want to know which one would be best for me. If possible, I'd like to stay in a local area and not have to move to one location (I live in Arizona and...

#cyber-security #cia #fbi #dod #government

Nabeeha K.’s Avatar
Nabeeha K. Jan 17, 2018 250 views

What career pathways can I follow with a Political science degree?

I’m planning on majoring in political science but am unsure of what I want to do with this degree. I know I can go into law but I’d like to know about other career pathway options as well. #law #politicalscience #politics #government #career #undecided...

Havana S.’s Avatar
Havana S. Jan 10, 2018 228 views

What are the best colleges for a major in Government/Political Science

I am a 9th grader who is thinking about a career in politics/government. I have the career i want to pursue, I just don't know where to do it. #government #college #college-major #career #political-science...

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jan 09, 2018 306 views

How do I create my own internship opportunity?

This summer I want to pursue an internship in government or nonprofits. In my local area there aren't a lot of opportunities for me, a first year college student. What would be the best way to approach some of the places and people I am interested in working with to create my own internship...

#community-outreach #nonprofits #internships #civic-and-social-organization #social-work #experience #government

Isabel C.’s Avatar
Isabel C. Jan 03, 2018 252 views

What should I major in? What courses should I take?

Hello, I'm a junior in high school. I want to work for homeland security. I want to be an Appeals Officer, but I don't know what courses/major. #college #college-bound #college-major #government...

#homeland-security

archana M.’s Avatar
archana M. May 03, 2016 647 views

With a major in commerce, is it possible to become an IAS officer?

Currently i am pursuing 1st PUC Commerce and my ambition is to become an IAS officer. #educator #ias #career #military...

#government

TerrellCodman3 .’s Avatar
TerrellCodman3 . Jan 17, 2012 1445 views
Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Nov 29, 2017 401 views

Can I get advice on social work and politics?

Right now I am pursuing a bachelors degree in Social Work. I am also pursuing a minor in public administration and a certificate in community resource management. Recently I have become interested in politics and local government. If I do eventually run for office or pursue a local government...

#politics #local-government #political-campaigns #social-work #government

karan S.’s Avatar
karan S. Oct 25, 2017 320 views

Which is the Biggest Recruiter job in government job sector?

which is the best government sector job for a graduate candidate. #india #government...

#government-administration

Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017 460 views

How do I dress for an intern interview?

I am interviewing for a position as an intern for a member of Congress, but I'm unsure of how formally I should dress and what I should wear. #government #intern #interview #interview-clothing...

#government-administration

nandini V.’s Avatar
nandini V. May 23, 2016 503 views
jenifer A.’s Avatar
jenifer A. May 23, 2016 666 views
shalika U.’s Avatar
shalika U. May 22, 2016 575 views

How do I become an IAS officer?

I want to serve my country and i want to become an IAS and this is my dream and i want to earn enough t and take care of my family and my parents iI am ready to spend all my time and hard working to reach of becoming an IAS officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I score average marks in science and...

#military #ias-officer #government

Rachael  O.’s Avatar
Rachael O. May 21, 2016 285 views

If you were a COTA before you were an OTR, Id like to hear about your experience transitioning from a COTA to an OTR (the differences, new things you had to get used to etc)

I am a COTA going back to school to get my R. When I graduate, I will have at least 3 years experience as a COTA. #college #college-major #career #career-counseling...

#government

edgar  R.’s Avatar
edgar R. May 17, 2016 445 views

Can FBI agents have a stable home?

I mean are you going to constantly be moving or can you have a house and settle in a general area outside DC #law-enforcement #fbi #federal-agent #government #career #college...

#career-counseling

nayan G.’s Avatar
nayan G. May 14, 2016 373 views

What is an I.A.S. officer?

I'm interested in becoming an I.A.S. officer, but I don't know what the job entails. #government #military #army #career...

#career-counseling

Dae-Breóna A.’s Avatar
Dae-Breóna A. May 11, 2016 444 views

What is the best major to take in college if I want to be a Network Operations Officer in the Air Force?

I'm considering being a Network Operations Officer in the Air Force. #air-force #military #government #operations...

Joseph L.’s Avatar
Joseph L. May 10, 2016 496 views

What can I expect from plebe summer in the Naval Academy?

I am going to the Naval Academy #officer #naval #military #government #army...

Ganavi R.’s Avatar
Ganavi R. May 10, 2016 584 views

How do I become an IRS officer?

I've completed by 9th standard, I am asking this question to know more about my career. [P.S. This question was edited by a site admin for grammar and clarity.] #government #military #career...

#career-counseling

Chanté L.’s Avatar
Chanté L. May 09, 2016 637 views
Eshwari  R.’s Avatar
Eshwari R. May 09, 2016 503 views

What courses should I take to join the army in India?

I am choosing between arts, commerce and science but am not sure what would help me join the army. #educator #general #army #college #career...

#government

Raja K.’s Avatar
Raja K. May 05, 2016 598 views

How do I become an IAS officer?

I'd like to know what courses I should take after my 10th standard in order to become an IAS officer. #government #military #army #ias...

#career

chinnappadas S.’s Avatar
chinnappadas S. May 03, 2016 580 views

How do I become an IAS officer?

I want to become an IAS officer and would love to know the types of course I should be taking to do so. #ias #government #military #education #career #college...

#career-counseling

shahid A.’s Avatar
shahid A. May 03, 2016 475 views

How do I become an IPS officer?

My name is Shahid, I have completed my 10th std. I want to become a IPS officer and was wondering if anybody knew what course I should take to do so. #ipsofficer #government #military #education #career #career-counseling...

#higher-education

manu V.’s Avatar
manu V. May 03, 2016 586 views

How do I become an IAS officer?

I'm interested in serving as an IAS officer. Which subjects should I study in school to become one? #educator #ias #career #military #government...