Career Questions tagged International

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13 135 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

#college-major #college #high-school #political-science #politics #economics #international #international-relations

Maria C.’s Avatar
Maria C. Apr 08 185 views

How is it like to work at UN? What do you specifically do working with the part of humans rights?

I’m a student from Brazil and next year I will join an university. I wanna do the International Relations course and in the future work in the UN with human rights, traveling all around the world and helping others. #career #international #travel # #job # #work #work #humanrights #humanitarian...

#politics #un #global #politicalscience #helping #unitednations

Erika W.’s Avatar
Erika W. Mar 23 171 views

What is the path to working in diplomacy/international affairs like?

I’m now a college freshman majoring in global studies, which I’m starting to realize is a bit different from the standard international relations degree (my school doesn’t offer this). I’m still interested working in world affairs (dream would be becoming a diplomat or working in an embassy),...

#diplomat #international #graduate-school #college

Orla D.’s Avatar
Orla D. Mar 19 243 views

In the context of COVID-19, how do you plan for a future that seems so uncertain?

Because of #covid-19 I don't know what will happen to my plans of getting a job or furthering my studies in the summer. As an International student, my Visa also expires this year and my flight ticket back home is August. I have contemplated about how this is going to affect my plan of working...

#job #college #international #internship #job-search

Dandy K.’s Avatar
Dandy K. Mar 02 138 views

want to move and stay to new country

I will marry and plan to move abroad. Because we love to adventure, we want to get new experiences and new challenges and new environments. I am just a high school graduate but I hope to get a job so that I can also help to volunteer. Any suggestions? #international #volunteer...

#work

Larmie S.’s Avatar
Larmie S. Jul 17, 2019 197 views

How do I become an international reporter?

I am considering going to law school to combine it with my BA in broadcast journalism, is that advisable? #communication...

#international

Blake M.’s Avatar
Blake M. May 09, 2019 216 views

Technology, International, French language, where does it all fit together?

I have only ever worked in the IT field since I was in High school. I am getting an international degree with a focus in MIS Global IT leadership and Management. I learned intermediate level French in France and Canada. I can finish my degree in December; or I can postpone it a semester and go...

#international #foreign-languages #postgrad #grad #help #abroad #technology #thinktank #business

Akira M.’s Avatar
Akira M. Sep 06, 2018 373 views

Would it be good to study web design in London?

I want to be a web and graphic designer. I’m an American student. Is it a good idea? Or is programming overseas difficult. Also is it difficult for an American student to study in London?#webdesign #london #graphicdesign #international #studyabroad #webdesigner #britain #graphic-design...

#interior-design #design #computer-software #webdevolopment

Tatiana R.’s Avatar
Tatiana R. Aug 27, 2018 236 views

A career in outreach programs

I am currently studying architecture and learning (or attempting to) multiple language. I want to one day join an outreach program where I can use these skills to help people (both in USA and international). What are suggestions of steps to take to enter an outreach program professionally? For...

#minors #outreach #career #international

Jeron S.’s Avatar
Jeron S. Aug 25, 2018 185 views

What's the best site to use to acquire many scholarships for college?

I'm an international student and I'm in dire need of scholarships and would love if someone could recommend some sites that would allow my need to be fulfilled. #university #scholarships #international...

#student

Jasmine O.’s Avatar
Jasmine O. Aug 24, 2018 255 views

What are the best colleges for international relations?

Schools best known for international relations or politics. #international...

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 384 views

Which countries have opportunities for a very cheap or even free master's or p.h.d?

I'd like to get a masters and a P.h.d. degree in linguistics or asian languages, but can't afford American college fees. Where else can I get these degrees for very cheap or even free? #europe #eastern-europe #asian #asia-pacific #masters #graduate-school #financial-aid #finance #grad-school...

#phd #international

Rhoda G.’s Avatar
Rhoda G. Jun 30, 2018 235 views
Suzy M.’s Avatar
Suzy M. May 22, 2018 271 views

If I attend Grad School abroad will it be easier to work internationally with my degree?

I am attending Graduate School abroad this upcoming year for a one-year Msc in Applied Behavior Analysis. There are currently many positions in the US for careers in Behavior Analysis, however my main interest is to work internationally. Since my Master's degree will be from an international...

#graduate-school #masters #international #gradschool #working-abroad #college #working-internationally

Suzy M.’s Avatar
Suzy M. May 22, 2018 378 views

Will I still feel part of my University if I am an international student?

I will be attending Graduate School in either Ireland or the UK this fall, as an international student I am nervous about not feeling part of my University as much as I did when I attended an Undergraduate course in the US. Will my status as an international student make it harder to feel...

#student-affairs #integration #college #international #gradschool #student #college-student #abroad

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 253 views

What kind of jobs can linguistics/Asian languages majors have in government?

I'm interested in Asian languages and linguistics. In U.S., Asian, Russian, and/or Ukrainian governments, what kind of jobs can I expect? Are diplomacy or translation the only options? #asian #asian-languages #asia-pacific #asianstudies #russia #russian #ukraine #government #japanese #chinese...

#linguistics #foreign-languages #international #southkorea #china #korea #korean

Lejla B.’s Avatar
Lejla B. Jan 16, 2018 296 views

Are degrees earned in America accepted in other countries?

Specifically, I’m going to earn a bachelors in #biology, and I️ was just wondering if there’s a listen if countries it’s accepted or not accepted? #college #international...

#working-abroad

Hammed S.’s Avatar
Hammed S. Jan 16, 2018 323 views

What does it takes to be successful in an unconducive environment?

I discover most people in Nigeria and Africa go out to source for good living in the USA and European countries and in my statistics 85% of these people are always successful when they come back to their various birth countries compared to those that stay in there countries to make it to the...

#success #working-abroad #international

Tierra J.’s Avatar
Tierra J. Jan 16, 2018 276 views

Are jobs overseas better than the US?

I want to live and work outside the US #foreign-languages #international #jobs...

#working-abroad