Career Questions tagged Startups

Montreal B.’s Avatar
Montreal B. Nov 13, 2020 339 views

How can I start my own business and become a entrepreneur

I am 6'2. I am a junior. I have 2 siblings 1 girl 1 boy. I would like to start my own business one day. entrepreneurship entrepreneur...

startups

Mena L.’s Avatar
Mena L. Apr 25, 2020 272 views

I am an English Literature Student who wants to work for the SDGs. What should I do?

I am a creative problem-solving person and I study literature. I want to work in international organizations for any good global causes related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. However, I am not a specialist. Is it...

communication sustainability humanitarian generalist specialist startups ngos international-organizations career

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 455 views

How do I make sure I'm making a difference in the world

I want to dedicate my career to helping others. I have to be part of the change in medicine women-in-tech . tech startups technology...

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. May 25, 2018 449 views

What opportunities are available in most high schools that will prepare me for college?

Hello, I am looking to find more opportunities in high schools to be more prepared for college. I have taken AP courses and will be taken some CE next year. Although, I just learned it is possible to graduate high school with an associate's degree. I have also learned about the AVID and...

college-counselor college extracurricular entrepreneurship startups high-school extracurricular-activities career-ready

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 452 views

What are some tips for a beginning entrepreneur to learn about branding

I am a grad student starting a health and environmentally conscious skin care line and need to figure out what my company will embody. What are some suggestions I can get to help guide me towards my ideal customer, what my brand stands for and how it's different than the rest. I really want it...

start-ups branding skincare entrepreneurship startups

Leah M.’s Avatar
Leah M. Mar 08, 2018 747 views

What is the best way to find funds for starting a company?

After college when I earn a degree and there are few jobs available in my area, I see many students starting a company for themselves. My question is how do I find a way to start a business, much like finding money for college. finding-a-career startups...

how-to-start-a-business-in-any-industry cashforbusiness cashforcollege

JC S.’s Avatar
JC S. Jan 10, 2018 696 views

What steps would you take in order to become an entrepreneur?

I've wanted to become an entrepreneur since I was young, but I am not sure how I would go about " starting a company." Also, I know that I want to start a business, but I am not yet sure what field I want to work in, or what service or product my business could offer. How would I start a...

investors entrepreneur business entrepreneurship startups

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017 595 views

How can you seize market opportunities?

My friend is thinking of doing some start-up projects, and she is not sure what to look for. start-ups how-do-you-start-a-business startups...

entrepreneurship

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 10, 2016 2588 views

What are the benefits of interning/working for a startup?

I am a high school student and in my current search for internships, everywhere I turn, I see startups. Big companies such as Google and NASA have correspondingly big impact on resumes and portfolios but what do small startups have to offer in terms of extension and development of skill sets,...

career business employee-relations professional startups personal-development engineering recruiting

Rohit N.’s Avatar
Rohit N. May 24, 2016 655 views

Given the recent rise of SaaS and the gig economy, has entrepreneurship become more ubiquitous? Can uberification benefit all industries, or only a select few?

I've done some preliminary research on the on-demand economy and its risings in San Francisco and the Bay Area. I want to learn more about its global effects. technology entrepreneurship information-technology startups artificial-intelligence...

saas

Evan L.’s Avatar
Evan L. May 25, 2016 1166 views

Is it normal for me to feel afraid for not knowing the things to do the job I was hired for?

I want to do software or hardware but am afraid I am going to put in the job with no idea what to do. engineer computer technology software computer-hardware...

startups

Daniel Iyanoye’s Avatar
Daniel I. Jun 01, 2016 712 views

How does a venture capitalist know at first sight it's the next big thing

As a venture capitalist or investor, you always look to put your seeds in the next big thing and watch it grow to become a giant tree. But what's the 100% guarantee about the business you're funding and how do you know personally it's a wise move, besides the profile on paper startups...

venture-capital angel-investing investment

Emilie S.’s Avatar
Emilie S. May 24, 2016 901 views

What are the most important traits that employers should have to keep employees?

After I graduate from college I plan to start a business. Having reliable employees is key to having a successful business and I want to know how be a good boss. entrepreneurship business-management...

startups

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. May 20, 2016 1053 views

Does anyone have a degree in business and computer science?

Hello! When deciding on what to major, I have two ideas in mind -- one is computer science and the other is in business. Does anyone have both of these degrees and want to explain the job opportunities that have come your way? Is it helpful to have a degree in both CS and business? Are the job...

computer-science buisness programming startups

James H.’s Avatar
James H. May 18, 2016 962 views

Is it better to start your own chiropractic practice or to join one after chiropractic school?

I am asking this question because I'm looking forward to attending chiropractic school at Life University soon as I have been accepted there. business doctor finance doctorate-degree student-loans startups money-management debt healthcare-it...

chiropractic

Ellen R.’s Avatar
Ellen R. May 08, 2016 836 views

Will studying global business strategy help me if I am looking to create my own startup company?

I am interested in one day opening my own firm or startup. I would like to be prepared and am not sure what i can do to get on that track. business...

startups

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016 2503 views

What are the advantages and disadvantages of working for a big corporation vs a smaller company or even startup?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at Career Village. I'm curious to learn what influenced your decision to work for a big corporation over a smaller one (or vice versa). We don't hear as much about how people go about finding/selecting the companies they want to work...

business human-resources start-ups startups

Nihar N.’s Avatar
Nihar N. May 17, 2015 939 views

what are the areas in mechanical engineering in which a start up can be made?

Like whether its compressors/ turbine/ pumps/ automobiles/ cranes/....etc. business management entrepreneurship mechanical...

startups

Lindsey S.’s Avatar
Lindsey S. Mar 12, 2015 1686 views

What qualities and skills do startups look for in a new hire?

I am in 10th grade, living in Boston, and I am very interested in business and entrepreneurship. I have been hearing a lot about startup companies and wonder what kinds of qualities or skills I’d need to have in order to get an internship with a startup and to eventually work for one business...

entrepreneurship startups

Shakeith B.’s Avatar
Shakeith B. Dec 03, 2014 1766 views
Jordan L.’s Avatar
Jordan L. Jul 18, 2014 1972 views

Is working at a tech company just like the HBO "Silicon Valley" show?

I've always been curious about working at a startup or at a big tech company in silicon valley. I got to watch the HBO show at a friends house the other day and I thought it was ultra funny. Although I did not get some of the jokes. But is that what it is really like? Especially the part where...

technology engineering tech programming startups