Career Questions tagged Startups

Montreal B.’s Avatar
Montreal B. Nov 13, 2020 207 views

How can I start my own business and become a entrepreneur

I am 6'2. I am a junior. I have 2 siblings 1 girl 1 boy. I would like to start my own business one day. #entrepreneurship #entrepreneur...

#startups

Mena L.’s Avatar
Mena L. Apr 25, 2020 176 views

I am an English Literature Student who wants to work for the SDGs. What should I do?

I am a creative problem-solving person and I study literature. I want to work in international organizations for any good global causes related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. However, I am not a specialist. Is it...

#specialist #communication #generalist #humanitarian #career #sustainability #ngos #startups #international-organizations

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 374 views

How do I make sure I'm making a difference in the world

I want to dedicate my career to helping others. I have to be part of the change in medicine #women-in-tech . #tech #startups #technology...

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. May 25, 2018 377 views

What opportunities are available in most high schools that will prepare me for college?

Hello, I am looking to find more opportunities in high schools to be more prepared for college. I have taken AP courses and will be taken some CE next year. Although, I just learned it is possible to graduate high school with an associate's degree. I have also learned about the AVID and...

#college-counselor #extracurricular-activities #high-school #extracurricular #entrepreneurship #startups #college #career-ready

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 373 views

What are some tips for a beginning entrepreneur to learn about branding

I am a grad student starting a health and environmentally conscious skin care line and need to figure out what my company will embody. What are some suggestions I can get to help guide me towards my ideal customer, what my brand stands for and how it's different than the rest. I really want it...

#entrepreneurship #branding #skincare #startups #start-ups

Leah M.’s Avatar
Leah M. Mar 08, 2018 680 views

What is the best way to find funds for starting a company?

After college when I earn a degree and there are few jobs available in my area, I see many students starting a company for themselves. My question is how do I find a way to start a business, much like finding money for college. #finding-a-career #startups...

#how-to-start-a-business-in-any-industry #cashforcollege #cashforbusiness

JC S.’s Avatar
JC S. Jan 10, 2018 621 views

What steps would you take in order to become an entrepreneur?

I've wanted to become an entrepreneur since I was young, but I am not sure how I would go about " starting a company." Also, I know that I want to start a business, but I am not yet sure what field I want to work in, or what service or product my business could offer. How would I start a...

#entrepreneurship #investors #business #startups #entrepreneur

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017 522 views

How can you seize market opportunities?

My friend is thinking of doing some start-up projects, and she is not sure what to look for. #start-ups #how-do-you-start-a-business #startups...

#entrepreneurship

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 10, 2016 2438 views

What are the benefits of interning/working for a startup?

I am a high school student and in my current search for internships, everywhere I turn, I see startups. Big companies such as Google and NASA have correspondingly big impact on resumes and portfolios but what do small startups have to offer in terms of extension and development of skill sets,...

#engineering #personal-development #employee-relations #recruiting #career #business #startups #professional

Rohit N.’s Avatar
Rohit N. May 24, 2016 573 views

Given the recent rise of SaaS and the gig economy, has entrepreneurship become more ubiquitous? Can uberification benefit all industries, or only a select few?

I've done some preliminary research on the on-demand economy and its risings in San Francisco and the Bay Area. I want to learn more about its global effects. #technology #entrepreneurship #information-technology #startups #artificial-intelligence...

#saas

Evan L.’s Avatar
Evan L. May 25, 2016 1039 views

Is it normal for me to feel afraid for not knowing the things to do the job I was hired for?

I want to do software or hardware but am afraid I am going to put in the job with no idea what to do. #engineer #computer #technology #software #computer-hardware...

#startups

Daniel Iyanoye’s Avatar
Daniel I. Jun 01, 2016 630 views

How does a venture capitalist know at first sight it's the next big thing

As a venture capitalist or investor, you always look to put your seeds in the next big thing and watch it grow to become a giant tree. But what's the 100% guarantee about the business you're funding and how do you know personally it's a wise move, besides the profile on paper #startups...

#investment #venture-capital #angel-investing

Emilie S.’s Avatar
Emilie S. May 24, 2016 788 views

What are the most important traits that employers should have to keep employees?

After I graduate from college I plan to start a business. Having reliable employees is key to having a successful business and I want to know how be a good boss. #entrepreneurship #business-management...

#startups

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. May 20, 2016 932 views

Does anyone have a degree in business and computer science?

Hello! When deciding on what to major, I have two ideas in mind -- one is computer science and the other is in business. Does anyone have both of these degrees and want to explain the job opportunities that have come your way? Is it helpful to have a degree in both CS and business? Are the job...

#buisness #startups #programming #computer-science

James H.’s Avatar
James H. May 18, 2016 873 views

Is it better to start your own chiropractic practice or to join one after chiropractic school?

I am asking this question because I'm looking forward to attending chiropractic school at Life University soon as I have been accepted there. #business #doctor #finance #doctorate-degree #student-loans #startups #money-management #debt #healthcare-it...

#chiropractic

Ellen R.’s Avatar
Ellen R. May 08, 2016 759 views

Will studying global business strategy help me if I am looking to create my own startup company?

I am interested in one day opening my own firm or startup. I would like to be prepared and am not sure what i can do to get on that track. #business...

#startups

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016 2055 views

What are the advantages and disadvantages of working for a big corporation vs a smaller company or even startup?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at Career Village. I'm curious to learn what influenced your decision to work for a big corporation over a smaller one (or vice versa). We don't hear as much about how people go about finding/selecting the companies they want to work...

#business #startups #start-ups #human-resources

Nihar N.’s Avatar
Nihar N. May 17, 2015 865 views

what are the areas in mechanical engineering in which a start up can be made?

Like whether its compressors/ turbine/ pumps/ automobiles/ cranes/....etc. #business #management #entrepreneurship #mechanical...

#startups

Lindsey S.’s Avatar
Lindsey S. Mar 12, 2015 1544 views

What qualities and skills do startups look for in a new hire?

I am in 10th grade, living in Boston, and I am very interested in business and entrepreneurship. I have been hearing a lot about startup companies and wonder what kinds of qualities or skills I’d need to have in order to get an internship with a startup and to eventually work for one #business...

#startups #entrepreneurship

Shakeith B.’s Avatar
Shakeith B. Dec 03, 2014 1542 views
Jordan L.’s Avatar
Jordan L. Jul 18, 2014 1835 views

Is working at a tech company just like the HBO "Silicon Valley" show?

I've always been curious about working at a startup or at a big tech company in silicon valley. I got to watch the HBO show at a friends house the other day and I thought it was ultra funny. Although I did not get some of the jokes. But is that what it is really like? Especially the part where...

#technology #programming #engineering #startups #tech

Lekwan P.’s Avatar
Lekwan P. Mar 25, 2014 1966 views

What are the pros and cons of becoming an entrepreneur?

I want to know everything about this career before I fully invest into it. I love the aspect of business, but I hate working for somebody. #entrepreneurship #entrepreneur #ceo...

#startups

RUBEN V.’s Avatar
RUBEN V. Feb 28, 2014 1047 views

how can i become a startup ?????

hi am ruben ... am persuing my Btech degree on mechanical production engineering...2nd year..suddenly a passion for enterpernuership and start up came to my mind ...i have no idea on this field..is startup possibile only if i know programming...what ol things as a bigginer should i have to...

#engineering #student #kerala #entrepreneurship #career #startups #cad #enterprise