Career Questions tagged Startups

Autumn H.’s Avatar
Autumn H. Aug 18, 2018 216 views

How do I make sure I'm making a difference in the world

I want to dedicate my career to helping others. I have to be part of the change in medicine #women-in-tech . #tech #startups #technology...

Angela A.’s Avatar
Angela A. May 25, 2018 232 views

What opportunities are available in most high schools that will prepare me for college?

Hello, I am looking to find more opportunities in high schools to be more prepared for college. I have taken AP courses and will be taken some CE next year. Although, I just learned it is possible to graduate high school with an associate's degree. I have also learned about the AVID and...

#college-counselor #startups #extracurricular-activities #high-school #career-ready #college #extracurricular #entrepreneurship

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 219 views

What are some tips for a beginning entrepreneur to learn about branding

I am a grad student starting a health and environmentally conscious skin care line and need to figure out what my company will embody. What are some suggestions I can get to help guide me towards my ideal customer, what my brand stands for and how it's different than the rest. I really want it...

#branding #start-ups #startups #skincare #entrepreneurship

Leah M.’s Avatar
Leah M. Mar 08, 2018 266 views

What is the best way to find funds for starting a company?

After college when I earn a degree and there are few jobs available in my area, I see many students starting a company for themselves. My question is how do I find a way to start a business, much like finding money for college. #finding-a-career #startups...

#cashforbusiness #cashforcollege #how-to-start-a-business-in-any-industry

JC S.’s Avatar
JC S. Jan 10, 2018 472 views

What steps would you take in order to become an entrepreneur?

I've wanted to become an entrepreneur since I was young, but I am not sure how I would go about " starting a company." Also, I know that I want to start a business, but I am not yet sure what field I want to work in, or what service or product my business could offer. How would I start a...

#investors #business #startups #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017 361 views

How can you seize market opportunities?

My friend is thinking of doing some start-up projects, and she is not sure what to look for. #start-ups #how-do-you-start-a-business #startups...

#entrepreneurship

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 10, 2016 2081 views

What are the benefits of interning/working for a startup?

I am a high school student and in my current search for internships, everywhere I turn, I see startups. Big companies such as Google and NASA have correspondingly big impact on resumes and portfolios but what do small startups have to offer in terms of extension and development of skill sets,...

#career #professional #employee-relations #business #startups #engineering #recruiting #personal-development

Rohit N.’s Avatar
Rohit N. May 24, 2016 448 views

Given the recent rise of SaaS and the gig economy, has entrepreneurship become more ubiquitous? Can uberification benefit all industries, or only a select few?

I've done some preliminary research on the on-demand economy and its risings in San Francisco and the Bay Area. I want to learn more about its global effects. #technology #entrepreneurship #information-technology #startups #artificial-intelligence...

#saas

Evan L.’s Avatar
Evan L. May 25, 2016 840 views

Is it normal for me to feel afraid for not knowing the things to do the job I was hired for?

I want to do software or hardware but am afraid I am going to put in the job with no idea what to do. #engineer #computer #technology #software #computer-hardware...

#startups

Daniel Iyanoye’s Avatar
Daniel I. Jun 01, 2016 505 views

How does a venture capitalist know at first sight it's the next big thing

As a venture capitalist or investor, you always look to put your seeds in the next big thing and watch it grow to become a giant tree. But what's the 100% guarantee about the business you're funding and how do you know personally it's a wise move, besides the profile on paper #startups...

#venture-capital #investment #angel-investing

Emilie S.’s Avatar
Emilie S. May 24, 2016 638 views

What are the most important traits that employers should have to keep employees?

After I graduate from college I plan to start a business. Having reliable employees is key to having a successful business and I want to know how be a good boss. #entrepreneurship #business-management...

#startups

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. May 20, 2016 791 views

Does anyone have a degree in business and computer science?

Hello! When deciding on what to major, I have two ideas in mind -- one is computer science and the other is in business. Does anyone have both of these degrees and want to explain the job opportunities that have come your way? Is it helpful to have a degree in both CS and business? Are the job...

#startups #computer-science #programming #buisness

James H.’s Avatar
James H. May 18, 2016 700 views

Is it better to start your own chiropractic practice or to join one after chiropractic school?

I am asking this question because I'm looking forward to attending chiropractic school at Life University soon as I have been accepted there. #business #doctor #finance #doctorate-degree #student-loans #startups #money-management #debt #healthcare-it...

#chiropractic

Ellen R.’s Avatar
Ellen R. May 08, 2016 645 views

Will studying global business strategy help me if I am looking to create my own startup company?

I am interested in one day opening my own firm or startup. I would like to be prepared and am not sure what i can do to get on that track. #business...

#startups

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016 1335 views

What are the advantages and disadvantages of working for a big corporation vs a smaller company or even startup?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at Career Village. I'm curious to learn what influenced your decision to work for a big corporation over a smaller one (or vice versa). We don't hear as much about how people go about finding/selecting the companies they want to work...

#startups #human-resources #business #start-ups

Nihar N.’s Avatar
Nihar N. May 17, 2015 750 views

what are the areas in mechanical engineering in which a start up can be made?

Like whether its compressors/ turbine/ pumps/ automobiles/ cranes/....etc. #business #management #entrepreneurship #mechanical...

#startups

Lindsey S.’s Avatar
Lindsey S. Mar 12, 2015 1391 views

What qualities and skills do startups look for in a new hire?

I am in 10th grade, living in Boston, and I am very interested in business and entrepreneurship. I have been hearing a lot about startup companies and wonder what kinds of qualities or skills I’d need to have in order to get an internship with a startup and to eventually work for one #business...

#startups #entrepreneurship

Shakeith B.’s Avatar
Shakeith B. Dec 03, 2014 1262 views
Jordan L.’s Avatar
Jordan L. Jul 18, 2014 1669 views

Is working at a tech company just like the HBO "Silicon Valley" show?

I've always been curious about working at a startup or at a big tech company in silicon valley. I got to watch the HBO show at a friends house the other day and I thought it was ultra funny. Although I did not get some of the jokes. But is that what it is really like? Especially the part where...

#tech #startups #engineering #technology #programming

Lekwan P.’s Avatar
Lekwan P. Mar 25, 2014 1696 views

What are the pros and cons of becoming an entrepreneur?

I want to know everything about this career before I fully invest into it. I love the aspect of business, but I hate working for somebody. #entrepreneurship #entrepreneur #ceo...

#startups

RUBEN V.’s Avatar
RUBEN V. Feb 28, 2014 909 views

how can i become a startup ?????

hi am ruben ... am persuing my Btech degree on mechanical production engineering...2nd year..suddenly a passion for enterpernuership and start up came to my mind ...i have no idea on this field..is startup possibile only if i know programming...what ol things as a bigginer should i have to...

#career #startups #engineering #enterprise #kerala #cad #student #entrepreneurship

Clareta B.’s Avatar
Clareta B. Feb 11, 2014 2320 views

What is "Business Development"?

Hi, I'm in high school and I think I'm going to work in advertising, but I am still learning about other options. Someone came to speak at our school and said that she worked "in business development". I couldn't figure out what she really does. What does business development really mean, and...

#marketing #business-development #startups

Luke M.’s Avatar
Luke M. Jan 29, 2014 1442 views

I would like to know how much capital is needed to start up a new game company?

My friend and I are writing a business plan, in our entrepreneurship class, over a console game company #entrepreneurship #video-games #entrepreneur #startups #start-ups...

#console-games

Marquis T.’s Avatar
Marquis T. Sep 30, 2013 20564 views

How many people do you need to make a video game company?

Are they big companies like hundreds of people or are they really small like just a few people? I think that games like Halo must have lots of people to build them, but what about nintendo or iPhone games? If it's a lot of people, what do they all do? I'm asking because I think video games are...

#startups #gaming #video-games

DaneeshaNFTEBxAero .’s Avatar
DaneeshaNFTEBxAero . Jan 18, 2012 19554 views

What are the main challenges an entrepreneur faces when starting up a business?

I am an entrepreneur in high school and I plan to have my business up and running by the end of this year. However, I want to know the main problems that entrepreneurs face so that I am better prepared to handle them when they cross my path. #business #entrepreneurship...

#startups

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Dec 30, 2011 1746 views

What are some career options related to technology startups?

I am really interested in technology and entrepreneurship. I'm wondering what career options there are related to technology startups? #technology #entrepreneurship #startups...

#career-options