Career Questions tagged Sales

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Jun 01 322 views

How to deal with poor leadership?

Without giving too much information away, I’m dealing with a boss who isn’t the greatest when it comes to leadership skills. I work online as a scouter for deals, meaning I search online for discounts, and I’m technically an independent contractor. When I first got the job, I asked many...

management community-management online work job business organization boss criticism technology sales leadership organizationalleadership working

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 169 views

How many sales would I get in a week? Would people like my products? How will I know? This is for small-business owners.

Hello! I'm Ms. Tingle at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks so much! small-business...

sales

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Aug 08, 2020 521 views

How To Politely Interrupt the Conversation?

I face many situations where the recipient is talking too much and straying away from the main focus. I understand that it's good to let the other person elaborate about their own interests and passions (Remember How to Win Friends and Influence People). However, I find it a huge time waster,...

sales business conversation

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Aug 06, 2020 669 views

How to engage in a conversation with a recipient that only gives one-word answers?

I would break the ice when starting conversations with new connections by asking "How have they been coping during the COVID 19 situation?" etc. Many gave me generic answers like, "I'm good, how are you?" (Seems like I'm the only one invested in the conversation) I find it much easier to...

sales networking conversation

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14, 2020 424 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? work career marketing business advertising advertisement copywriting copywriter sales job...

writing online networking

Umair M.’s Avatar
Umair M. Feb 01, 2020 1050 views

For Business Development/Partnerships/Strategy professionals in Tech or Business: what type of skills, methodologies, and frameworks have you developed over time in order to do well in your job and have a positive impact towards your organization?

I’m currently a senior @ Rutgers University studying IT & Entrepreneurship. Highly interested in starting a career in the business side of Tech and would like to one day lead the transaction of billion dollar deals and market partnerships. business entrepreneur strategy business...

management sales marketing partnerships technology alliances product

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Nov 02, 2019 789 views

What's it like being a real estate agent?

What's an average day like? What's the average pay and hours of a real estate agent? Do you enjoy your job? real-estate house career home sales job occupation salary...

average-day

Sammy N.’s Avatar
Sammy N. Sep 16, 2019 337 views

Does sales jobs in the airline industry require travel ?

Hi, I am thinking of studying marketing at university. I have thought of working at an airline in sales. Do they get to travel? If I got a corporate job doing sales for an airliner, I would be happy to travel a few times a year. marketing airline-industry Sales business...

travel

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 10, 2018 790 views

How do I get a job out of college as an account manager? What makes a successful advertising account manager?

I am graduating in December 2018 with a degree in Advertising from San Jose State University. I want to work in account management/client services in an advertising agency after graduation. I have a bit of familiarity with what this role entails and what the advertising industry is like....

sales advertising marketing-and-advertising business-development business

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 872 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

travel advertising marketing-and-advertising business job-search-strategies sales business-development job-search relocation

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Feb 04, 2017 1215 views

How would you recommend I go about getting a job in Hong Kong?

Hi everyone, I am a college student currently very interested in working in Hong Kong. I am using some resources like Linkedin and stuff. I hear that it is possible to get jobs there even without sufficient Chinese(Cantonese and Mandarin alike). I'm looking for experiences in areas of: sales,...

sales human-resources working-abroad job-search hongkong jobs

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 13, 2016 4657 views

Are Leaders born or made?

I am a high school student and I consider myself a leader. I however, want to improve my leadership skills as I will be taking on bigger leadership positions in the next school year. I know that leaders are made through learning and teaching but also, could it be true that we may be born with...

career coaching marketing professional personal-development engineering sales leadership finance

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Feb 26, 2017 1298 views

What is the most important soft skill for someone pursuing a career in sales managing?

My name is Tyler, I am in 12th grade at Pioneer Valley Regional School in Western Massachusetts. In my money managing class we are doing a unit to help widen our range of possible careers to pursue in college. As a result of my research and career quizzes, a potential career that came up for me...

sales sales-management business-management personal-development

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Feb 09, 2017 1438 views

How do I get good at cold calling?

I am a student at San Jose State. I just recently started on the advertising staff of our newspaper the Spartan Daily. My job is to cold call local businesses and have them place ads in the paper. I am comfortable talking on the phone so that is not a problem. However, I would love to learn...

sales advertising marketing-and-advertising marketing business cold-calling

Carlos E.’s Avatar
Carlos E. Jan 28, 2017 945 views

How do I start an advertising campaign?

I recently came across a small cafe near my home;it's nice, comfy, and sells good Coffee. The cafe is new (4-5 months) and is having trouble bringing in business ,I offered to help them market their store and they agreed. I only have the most basic understanding of what advertising means ....

sales sales-management digital-marketing social-media-marketing advertising marketing-and-advertising marketing

Trey D.’s Avatar
Trey D. Dec 27, 2016 1031 views

What is the difference between sales and marketing?

Looking for jobs I see both of these terms used constantly, but is there actually a difference? marketing...

sales

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Aug 21, 2016 858 views

What does marketing and sales have to do with the sports entertainment industry?

What relation or career job connects marketing/sales with the sports entertainment industry? sports marketing sales...

sports-marketing

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 27, 2016 5430 views
Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 13, 2016 2079 views

Does having a boss bother you?

A lot of people don't like to be told what to do, while others appreciate some direction from others. I'm interested to know what people think computer-software teaching law-enforcement...

sales

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 07, 2016 1002 views

How do companies feel about hybrid job positions within their companies?

I am currently in High school and would want to pursue my first career as a sales engineer. How do most companies feel about hiring people who would specialize in two separate things at their firm? Do they think it might conflict or would they render it efficient and cost-effective?...

career engineering sales marketing tech professional

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 07, 2016 1612 views

Should I minor in Marketing/Sales?

I want to become a Sales Engineer and the odds would definitely be in my favor if I majored in an engineering field. However, several people have told me that marketing/sales skills and abilities can be picked up about anywhere in life (be it online or at a community college). Could my minor be...

career college engineering sales marketing professional