Career Questions tagged Sales

Umair M.’s Avatar
Umair M. Feb 01 94 views

For Business Development/Partnerships/Strategy professionals in Tech or Business: what type of skills, methodologies, and frameworks have you developed over time in order to do well in your job and have a positive impact towards your organization?

I’m currently a senior @ Rutgers University studying IT & Entrepreneurship. Highly interested in starting a career in the business side of Tech and would like to one day lead the transaction of billion dollar deals and market partnerships. #business #entrepreneur #strategy #business...

#technology #management #product #marketing #partnerships #sales #alliances

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Nov 02, 2019 77 views

What's it like being a real estate agent?

What's an average day like? What's the average pay and hours of a real estate agent? Do you enjoy your job? #real-estate #house #career #home #sales #job #occupation #salary...

#average-day

Rahul Z.’s Avatar
Rahul Z. Oct 15, 2019 145 views
Sammy N.’s Avatar
Sammy N. Sep 16, 2019 110 views

Does sales jobs in the airline industry require travel ?

Hi, I am thinking of studying marketing at university. I have thought of working at an airline in sales. Do they get to travel? If I got a corporate job doing sales for an airliner, I would be happy to travel a few times a year. #marketing #airline-industry #sales #business...

#travel

Christian F.’s Avatar
Christian F. Jun 27, 2018 405 views
Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 10, 2018 413 views

How do I get a job out of college as an account manager? What makes a successful advertising account manager?

I am graduating in December 2018 with a degree in Advertising from San Jose State University. I want to work in account management/client services in an advertising agency after graduation. I have a bit of familiarity with what this role entails and what the advertising industry is like....

#sales #business #advertising #business-development #marketing-and-advertising

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 470 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

#travel #job-search #business #job-search-strategies #business-development #sales #advertising #relocation #marketing-and-advertising

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Feb 04, 2017 883 views

How would you recommend I go about getting a job in Hong Kong?

Hi everyone, I am a college student currently very interested in working in Hong Kong. I am using some resources like Linkedin and stuff. I hear that it is possible to get jobs there even without sufficient Chinese(Cantonese and Mandarin alike). I'm looking for experiences in areas of: sales,...

#hongkong #job-search #sales #working-abroad #human-resources #jobs

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 13, 2016 2092 views

Are Leaders born or made?

I am a high school student and I consider myself a leader. I however, want to improve my leadership skills as I will be taking on bigger leadership positions in the next school year. I know that leaders are made through learning and teaching but also, could it be true that we may be born with...

#marketing #leadership #finance #personal-development #career #sales #engineering #professional #coaching

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Feb 26, 2017 631 views

What is the most important soft skill for someone pursuing a career in sales managing?

My name is Tyler, I am in 12th grade at Pioneer Valley Regional School in Western Massachusetts. In my money managing class we are doing a unit to help widen our range of possible careers to pursue in college. As a result of my research and career quizzes, a potential career that came up for me...

#sales #sales-management #business-management #personal-development

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Feb 09, 2017 700 views

How do I get good at cold calling?

I am a student at San Jose State. I just recently started on the advertising staff of our newspaper the Spartan Daily. My job is to cold call local businesses and have them place ads in the paper. I am comfortable talking on the phone so that is not a problem. However, I would love to learn...

#sales #business #marketing #advertising #cold-calling #marketing-and-advertising

Carlos E.’s Avatar
Carlos E. Jan 28, 2017 669 views

How do I start an advertising campaign?

I recently came across a small cafe near my home;it's nice, comfy, and sells good Coffee. The cafe is new (4-5 months) and is having trouble bringing in business ,I offered to help them market their store and they agreed. I only have the most basic understanding of what advertising means ....

#digital-marketing #sales #marketing #sales-management #advertising #social-media-marketing #marketing-and-advertising

Trey D.’s Avatar
Trey D. Dec 27, 2016 736 views

What is the difference between sales and marketing?

Looking for jobs I see both of these terms used constantly, but is there actually a difference? #marketing...

#sales

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Aug 21, 2016 658 views

What does marketing and sales have to do with the sports entertainment industry?

What relation or career job connects marketing/sales with the sports entertainment industry? #sports #marketing #sales...

#sports-marketing

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 27, 2016 4450 views

What is the toughest thing about being in sales?

What are some tricks you learned on the way? #business #social-media #sales...

#online-marketing

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 13, 2016 1355 views

Does having a boss bother you?

A lot of people don't like to be told what to do, while others appreciate some direction from others. I'm interested to know what people think #computer-software #teaching #law-enforcement...

#sales

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 07, 2016 754 views

How do companies feel about hybrid job positions within their companies?

I am currently in High school and would want to pursue my first career as a sales engineer. How do most companies feel about hiring people who would specialize in two separate things at their firm? Do they think it might conflict or would they render it efficient and cost-effective?...

#sales #marketing #career #engineering #professional #tech

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 07, 2016 1087 views

Should I minor in Marketing/Sales?

I want to become a Sales Engineer and the odds would definitely be in my favor if I majored in an engineering field. However, several people have told me that marketing/sales skills and abilities can be picked up about anywhere in life (be it online or at a community college). Could my minor be...

#college #sales #marketing #career #engineering #professional

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 27, 2016 1110 views

What are the tried and tested, best social media tools to use in the industry ?

I'm new to social media marketing and I would like to know how I could optimize my social media to drive growth #business #marketing #social-media...

#sales

Janna L.’s Avatar
Janna L. May 26, 2016 1158 views

Sales representative

What are some techniques which you should learn to become a good sales?...

#sales

Jordin H.’s Avatar
Jordin H. May 22, 2016 902 views

As someone who one day wants to open up his own business, what are some general tips for creating a good business plan?

I want to create a clothing company from the ground up and could use some advice on setting up a good business plan before I begin building my company. #business #finance #marketing #entrepreneurship #sales...

#web-marketing

Brook B.’s Avatar
Brook B. May 13, 2016 859 views

What are some college courses that I would be likely to take in persuing marketing/advertisment?

I am very interested in the career but I'd like to know what I'm getting into. #career #marketing #job #advertising...

#sales

Kelly J.’s Avatar
Kelly J. May 02, 2016 1734 views

What made you want to work in sales for a tech company over working in sales in other industries?

I've been told I'd be great at sales, but I'm not sure where to start looking for jobs. Why do you do sales for the company you work for? What should I look for in a company to work for right out of school? #technology...

#sales

Zachary  R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Apr 11, 2016 897 views

How Much Money Does a McDonald's Manager Make?

Hello, I am working at McDonalds right now as a Crew Member but I am curious on how much Managers get paid and if it is worth being a manager at Mc Donald's. #management #sales...

#mcdonalds

Danny T.’s Avatar
Danny T. Mar 07, 2016 1699 views

What does a job working in sales for an airline entail?

I know these jobs exist, I'm just not sure what exactly working in sales for an airline entails - What are you selling? Who are you selling to? I always just go to an airline's website to purchase my flights, I never actually speak with anyone in the process! Can you describe what your typical...

#sales #airline-industry