Career Questions tagged Sales

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Aug 08 188 views

How To Politely Interrupt the Conversation?

I face many situations where the recipient is talking too much and straying away from the main focus. I understand that it's good to let the other person elaborate about their own interests and passions (Remember How to Win Friends and Influence People). However, I find it a huge time waster,...

#conversation #sales #business

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Aug 06 193 views

How to engage in a conversation with a recipient that only gives one-word answers?

I would break the ice when starting conversations with new connections by asking "How have they been coping during the COVID 19 situation?" etc. Many gave me generic answers like, "I'm good, how are you?" (Seems like I'm the only one invested in the conversation) I find it much easier to...

#networking #sales #conversation

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14 218 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#networking #writing #online

Umair M.’s Avatar
Umair M. Feb 01 356 views

For Business Development/Partnerships/Strategy professionals in Tech or Business: what type of skills, methodologies, and frameworks have you developed over time in order to do well in your job and have a positive impact towards your organization?

I’m currently a senior @ Rutgers University studying IT & Entrepreneurship. Highly interested in starting a career in the business side of Tech and would like to one day lead the transaction of billion dollar deals and market partnerships. #business #entrepreneur #strategy #business...

#management #marketing #alliances #partnerships #technology #product #sales

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Nov 02, 2019 170 views

What's it like being a real estate agent?

What's an average day like? What's the average pay and hours of a real estate agent? Do you enjoy your job? #real-estate #house #career #home #sales #job #occupation #salary...

#average-day

Rahul Z.’s Avatar
Rahul Z. Oct 15, 2019 292 views
Sammy N.’s Avatar
Sammy N. Sep 16, 2019 188 views

Does sales jobs in the airline industry require travel ?

Hi, I am thinking of studying marketing at university. I have thought of working at an airline in sales. Do they get to travel? If I got a corporate job doing sales for an airliner, I would be happy to travel a few times a year. #marketing #airline-industry #sales #business...

#travel

Christian F.’s Avatar
Christian F. Jun 27, 2018 657 views
Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 10, 2018 528 views

How do I get a job out of college as an account manager? What makes a successful advertising account manager?

I am graduating in December 2018 with a degree in Advertising from San Jose State University. I want to work in account management/client services in an advertising agency after graduation. I have a bit of familiarity with what this role entails and what the advertising industry is like....

#advertising #business-development #marketing-and-advertising #sales #business

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 608 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

#advertising #relocation #business-development #job-search #marketing-and-advertising #travel #sales #job-search-strategies #business

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Feb 04, 2017 1017 views

How would you recommend I go about getting a job in Hong Kong?

Hi everyone, I am a college student currently very interested in working in Hong Kong. I am using some resources like Linkedin and stuff. I hear that it is possible to get jobs there even without sufficient Chinese(Cantonese and Mandarin alike). I'm looking for experiences in areas of: sales,...

#job-search #sales #hongkong #jobs #human-resources #working-abroad

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 13, 2016 2992 views

Are Leaders born or made?

I am a high school student and I consider myself a leader. I however, want to improve my leadership skills as I will be taking on bigger leadership positions in the next school year. I know that leaders are made through learning and teaching but also, could it be true that we may be born with...

#professional #coaching #leadership #marketing #finance #personal-development #engineering #career #sales

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Feb 26, 2017 819 views

What is the most important soft skill for someone pursuing a career in sales managing?

My name is Tyler, I am in 12th grade at Pioneer Valley Regional School in Western Massachusetts. In my money managing class we are doing a unit to help widen our range of possible careers to pursue in college. As a result of my research and career quizzes, a potential career that came up for me...

#business-management #sales #sales-management #personal-development

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Feb 09, 2017 834 views

How do I get good at cold calling?

I am a student at San Jose State. I just recently started on the advertising staff of our newspaper the Spartan Daily. My job is to cold call local businesses and have them place ads in the paper. I am comfortable talking on the phone so that is not a problem. However, I would love to learn...

#advertising #marketing-and-advertising #cold-calling #marketing #sales #business

Carlos E.’s Avatar
Carlos E. Jan 28, 2017 776 views

How do I start an advertising campaign?

I recently came across a small cafe near my home;it's nice, comfy, and sells good Coffee. The cafe is new (4-5 months) and is having trouble bringing in business ,I offered to help them market their store and they agreed. I only have the most basic understanding of what advertising means ....

#social-media-marketing #advertising #sales-management #marketing-and-advertising #marketing #sales #digital-marketing

Trey D.’s Avatar
Trey D. Dec 27, 2016 841 views

What is the difference between sales and marketing?

Looking for jobs I see both of these terms used constantly, but is there actually a difference? #marketing...

#sales

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Aug 21, 2016 739 views

What does marketing and sales have to do with the sports entertainment industry?

What relation or career job connects marketing/sales with the sports entertainment industry? #sports #marketing #sales...

#sports-marketing

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 27, 2016 4787 views

What is the toughest thing about being in sales?

What are some tricks you learned on the way? #business #social-media #sales...

#online-marketing

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 13, 2016 1546 views

Does having a boss bother you?

A lot of people don't like to be told what to do, while others appreciate some direction from others. I'm interested to know what people think #computer-software #teaching #law-enforcement...

#sales

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 07, 2016 839 views

How do companies feel about hybrid job positions within their companies?

I am currently in High school and would want to pursue my first career as a sales engineer. How do most companies feel about hiring people who would specialize in two separate things at their firm? Do they think it might conflict or would they render it efficient and cost-effective?...

#professional #engineering #tech #marketing #career #sales

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 07, 2016 1222 views

Should I minor in Marketing/Sales?

I want to become a Sales Engineer and the odds would definitely be in my favor if I majored in an engineering field. However, several people have told me that marketing/sales skills and abilities can be picked up about anywhere in life (be it online or at a community college). Could my minor be...

#professional #engineering #college #marketing #career #sales

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. May 27, 2016 1198 views

What are the tried and tested, best social media tools to use in the industry ?

I'm new to social media marketing and I would like to know how I could optimize my social media to drive growth #business #marketing #social-media...

#sales

Janna L.’s Avatar
Janna L. May 26, 2016 1298 views

Sales representative

What are some techniques which you should learn to become a good sales?...

#sales