Career Questions tagged Nonprofits

Oscar A.’s Avatar
Oscar A. Mar 28, 2020 213 views

How were you able to execute this nonprofit organization?

I am an aspiring software and agricultural engineer that goes to Aspire Lionel Wilson College Preparatory Academy. nonprofits...

non-profits

Cornelius M.’s Avatar
Cornelius M. Apr 01, 2019 516 views

How does CareerVillage.org make money?

I wish to know how this awesome project (careervillage.org) makes money in order to ensure the project is running through out. meta careervillage...

nonprofits

Greysen A.’s Avatar
Greysen A. Aug 12, 2018 592 views

What should I go to school for to work in a nonprofit?

I am really interested in working in a nonprofit, maybe something that has to do with LGBT, kids, or human rights. I think I would be interested in being a therapist of some sort within the organization. I was just wondering what would be suggested for me to go to school for to major in, and...

human-resources lgbt nonprofits college-majors humanrights therapy youth

Emma P.’s Avatar
Emma P. May 20, 2018 459 views

What's it like to work at a nonprofit?

Do any professionals in the nonprofit sector have any advice for how to jumpstart your own projects? Does it help to be involved with a nonprofit first and then attempt to branch out or to stick with a nonprofit and help shift a focus towards what you are interested in? nonprofit #...

nonprofits career

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Mar 20, 2018 421 views

What are volunteering opportunities that I can apply to if I am under 16 for the time being?

So right now, I am involved in three programs that I recieve good hours in, but I want to do more hours, as well as having a variety of experience in other fields. volunteering nonprofits...

volunteer

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018 584 views

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

community-outreach student-activities communications nonprofits community programs clubs

Kimetha S.’s Avatar
Kimetha S. Jan 14, 2018 419 views

How much does it cost to start a nonprofit?

I want to open a nonprofit that offers services that aren't already provided in my community. I'd like to serve the homeless population with applications, acquiring state ID, provide a mailing address and message phone number, referrals, and a safe place to talk. nonprofits homelessness...

nonprofit-management business-development business

Chelsea S.’s Avatar
Chelsea S. Mar 20, 2018 413 views

How can I make an impact on the world?

I have always wanted to make an impact in the world. I lived for it as a child (16 years and going in the Girl Scouts, NHS Scholar, etc), but doing it with established organizations is different than doing it on your own. nonprofits social-change career...

philanthropy

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. Apr 10, 2017 617 views

How do we keep young men and women involved in the community!

I love social work and I intern for Mercy Corps NW. We work with men and women reentering the community to get the resources they need to be successful. 5-10 social-work reentry community nonprofits...

community-involvement

Cynthia T.’s Avatar
Cynthia T. Mar 12, 2018 379 views

How to have a board that can attract $500,000 capital for a non-profit start up

I've been accepted at Harvard's joint bachelor's and master's program in management for the summer of 2018. Since 2003, I've had a financial planning practice with Indian Tribes. My goal at Harvard is to learn best practices, so I can transition my practice into a sustainable and scalable...

nonprofits business-development business

Cynthia T.’s Avatar
Cynthia T. Mar 12, 2018 334 views

What are the best business models for building a dynamic and scalable non-profit

Since 2003, I've provided financial planning services to Indian tribes, advising on both personal and tribal policies such as budgets, taxation, risk management (insurance), investments and legacy (estate) planning. In my professional experience, clients who stayed with me were able to...

Samantha P.’s Avatar
Samantha P. Mar 12, 2018 644 views

Are there any jobs for humanitarian work?

I love helping people and I really want to live my life doing humanitarian aid type stuff but I also need to make money to help sustain a family. helpingothers humanitarian non-profit-organization-management nonprofits human-rights career-path...

career-counseling

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Feb 13, 2018 511 views

How can I volunteer with writing?

Hey guys, So I love to write, which is why I'm pursuing Professional Writing as my major. However, I also love to volunteer. Is there a way I can combine my two loves and volunteer to write? volunteering professional-writing writing editing nonprofits...

nonprofit-marketing

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. Jan 23, 2018 664 views

CEO of Non Profit Organization

I currently work for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and am in graduate school to obtain a Master's in Public Health. I am wondering if any advisers have advice about the best way to advance within a non-profit organization all the way to the top- to be CEO of the non-profit....

nonprofits nonprofit-management

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Jan 16, 2018 398 views

What do you wish you had known before starting a non-profit?

I've been accepted into a graduate program where I will learn how to start a non-profit arts company. I would love some advice from people who have started their non-profit, whether it's in the arts or another field. nonprofits performing-arts fine-arts...

art

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jan 09, 2018 463 views

How do I create my own internship opportunity?

This summer I want to pursue an internship in government or nonprofits. In my local area there aren't a lot of opportunities for me, a first year college student. What would be the best way to approach some of the places and people I am interested in working with to create my own internship...

experience community-outreach social-work internships civic-and-social-organization nonprofits government

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 03, 2018 517 views

I'm a caring and helpful female who has a desire for a career in a non profit company. What suggestions would you have for me to guide me in my schooling?

I'm asking this question because I want to help homeless people and volunteer for people that are in need. I want to help kids with cancer and help them find a way to smile. When I am older I want to make a difference for people that are in need. volunteering nonprofits...

non-profit

Jessica W.’s Avatar
Jessica W. Dec 21, 2017 839 views

What is the typical amount of compensation at a mid-level nonprofit job?

Hello, I am interested in understanding more about working in or for nonprofits. nonprofits non-profit non-profit-organization-management...

non-profits

Beau W.’s Avatar
Beau W. Dec 19, 2017 430 views

I would like hands-on work that allows travel in a nonprofit organization that helps endangered species. What degree(s) should I pursue?

I am willing to get involved with anything from the sciences to social work. I just need recommendations, or directions to a degree/ course of study I can look into that will get me moving forward. Thank you! nonprofits endangered-species career public-sector animals...

habitat-restoration

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Nov 07, 2017 510 views

Is voyage humanitaire trip beneficial?

I came across this site http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org/tourisme-solidaire-voyage-humanitaire/ for going on a volunteering trip. Is voyage trip really beneficial? voyagehumanitaire missionhumanitaire volunteering nonprofits humanitarian...

humanitarian-relief

Branden P.’s Avatar
Branden P. Oct 25, 2017 602 views

What are the beginning steps to start a Nonprofit?

I want to start my own Nonprofit in the future and I don't know where to start. Some of my concerns would be how to get it to be official, how to reach volunteers and employees with little money, and orgs./people to connect to when the nonprofit is still fairly new. nonprofit-organization...

nonprofits

Branden P.’s Avatar
Branden P. Oct 25, 2017 444 views

nonprofits

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 16, 2017 772 views

What are the current digital marketing trends in the nonprofit sector?

I am exploring the digital media/social media aspect in the nonprofit sector and wish to understand the career path in this field. What kind of skills are required if one is starting out fresh in this line? social-media-marketing social-media digital-marketing...

nonprofitdigitalmedia non-profit-management non-profit non-profit-organization-management nonprofits

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 12, 2017 659 views

What are the most lucrative jobs in the Nonprofit sector?

I am currently pursuing my MS in Nonprofit Management and exploring my various career options in this sector. nonprofits non-profit-organization-management non-profit-management fundraising...

education-management

Marie F.’s Avatar
Marie F. Sep 20, 2017 655 views

I would like to work for a non-profit organization. What degree would I need?

I am interested in working with organizations that focus on Rape and Child molestation awareness,out reach, and patient services. I would like to work in the field like going to schools, setting up fund raising events with the public and over all getting the organizations message out there....

nonprofit-organization cultural-awareness empowering-women fundraising sexual-assault-awareness child-welfare nonprofit-management community-outreach public-safety nonprofits women-in-business

Ashley B.’s Avatar
Ashley B. Sep 01, 2017 522 views

Should I choose a major based on what my parents want for me or what I want, even if mine pays alot less?

I want to go into non-profit work, while my parents want me to get a job that pays six figures. college-major nonprofits...

parents