Career Questions tagged Nonprofits

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 29, 2016 699 views

Any suggestions for intermediate-paid jobs relating to social welfare/NGOs?

I'm recently graduated and thought about applying jobs in Americorps, however, I heard that their jobs are very low-paid. I do not expect myself getting a high paid job right after I graduated from college as it is unrealistic, but I do hope to find a job that is intermediate-paid so that I...

#nonprofits #first-job #career #job-search #financial-planning #ngos #organizational-culture #career-details

Abigail  B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. May 31, 2016 1054 views

How would I go about getting a job in nonprofit development?

As a political science major, my education is pretty broad. My dream job would be in development for a human rights or international nonprofit organization, but I am unsure how to get experience in that field to be able to apply for jobs. I have heard that joining the Peace Corps is really the...

#organization #ngos #nonprofits #international-ngos

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jul 28, 2016 628 views

Any experience with Americorps?

After I get out of college, I am considering joining Americorps and becoming a Vista becore getting a Master's in Social Work. Do you have any experience or advice for me about Americorps? Do you think this path would be beneficial in the career I am pursuing? #psychology #jobs #social-work...

#volunteering #nonprofits #non-profits #non-profit

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 22, 2016 1056 views
Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016 763 views

How do prospective workers/managers get the start-up money to found and run a non-profit organization?

I would like to work with a non-profit organization, but am also interested in starting my own. However, I'm not sure how realistic that is given that grant money or loans may be scarce. #nonprofits #non-profit...

#non-profits

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016 547 views

To create a non-profit organization combating hunger through sustainable agriculture, what area of study would be most relevant? Business management, agriculture, sustainability and nutrition all factor in, but which is the best approach?

In many parts of the world there is an extreme shortage of nutritious food and simultaneously very little practice of environmentally sustainable agriculture. A non-profit organization specialized in farming could perhaps kill two birds with one stone. #nonprofits #agriculture #public-health...

#sustainability

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 26, 2016 732 views

What kind of careers can a degree in sociology lead to?

I like the topic of sociology and am interested in the well being of the community at large, but am unsure of how I might apply this degree. #sociology #political-science...

#nonprofits

Alayna B.’s Avatar
Alayna B. May 24, 2016 2574 views

What is the role and responsibilities of a project manager at a nonprofit organization?

I want to work for a nonprofit organization and I am trying to figure out what position would be best suited for me. #project-management #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits...

#project-manager

Alayna B.’s Avatar
Alayna B. May 24, 2016 955 views

What kind of nonprofit jobs do you need a masters degree for?

I am hoping to go into the nonprofit sector and want to know if I will need to get my masters....

#nonprofits

Rachel N.’s Avatar
Rachel N. May 19, 2016 641 views

What are the positions within a nonprofit organization that allow you to interact with the people the organization is serving?

I am interested in having a career where I would work in a nonprofit organization either to better water quality worldwide or uplift and empower women worldwide. I want a position where I get to be a part of the process in ensuring the help gets to the people that need it using my math and...

#nonprofits #non-profits

Rachel N.’s Avatar
Rachel N. May 19, 2016 558 views

How much does the major you graduate from college have to correlate with the career you plan to pursue?

I'm planning to be a chemical engineering major in the fall, but I really don't plan on becoming a chemical engineer. I want to work in some type of nonprofit organization (though I'm not exactly sure what position in those organizations). Is it possible for me to be able to pursue that career...

#chemical-engineering #nonprofits

tami B.’s Avatar
tami B. May 19, 2016 620 views

I want to be helpful in assisting people to accomplish their dreams and goals, I'm having a difficult time deciding which industry (housing, addiction, elderly, etc.) to go into, any answers or suggestions?

I have always dreamed of getting my degree and being able to get into the social service field. I am not sure what industry to head towards, my hope is to get some feedback in many different areas by professionals in their field. I want to help people achieve their dreams and goals, I am very...

#nonprofits #and #bachelors-degree #oneyearexperience

Alexia L.’s Avatar
Alexia L. May 13, 2016 477 views

I want to work for a non profit helping humans with illness mostly mental and help animals what should I major in?

I love everything, i want to work for a non profit helping people and animals and also educating them and therapy idk what to major in, i love teaching in third world countries, i love cultures traveled the work i speak 4 languages i love government and UN stuff, i also love bio and science and...

#it-management #nonprofits #biology #therapy #united-nations

jayaprasad yadav K.’s Avatar
jayaprasad yadav K. May 07, 2016 452 views

How can I get a job at CareerVillage?

I want to get a job at a nonprofit like CareerVillage.org...

#nonprofits

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 08, 2016 622 views

What should I major in?

I want to start a non profit organization about student mental health, but I don't know if I should major in psychology or social work or something else altogether. I only have one year of high school left, so I need to know what I am going to major in once I graduate. Thanks! #college...

#psychology #nonprofits #sociology #major #social-work

Elizabeth A.’s Avatar
Elizabeth A. Mar 22, 2016 816 views

What advice do you have for people that want to help their community in a creative way?

I am interested in non-profit organizations that brings both creativity and helping kids together #management #arts...

#nonprofits

Megan B.’s Avatar
Megan B. Mar 08, 2016 1443 views

How would you recommend getting your foot in the door in a field like non-profits?

I am a junior psychology major at Santa Clara University and starting to look for jobs as well as internships for the summer. I aim to work in non-profits or social entrepreneurship, but do not know which ones are right for me or the best way to contact these companies. #psychology #nonprofits...

#social-change #non-profit

Hdg02011 .’s Avatar
Hdg02011 . Jan 13, 2012 2404 views

What are the skills required to succeed in the nonprofit field?

I am not sure which specific public sector I would like to serve after I graduate from college. But I know I would like to serve the low-income and disadvantaged people through working at non-for-profit organizations. What are the basic and essential skills I should start building now so that I...

#skills #nonprofits

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Dec 29, 2011 2244 views

What is the career path to a successful career in politics?

What is the career path to working in politics? Politics seems really broad--working in government, working for companies or nonprofits that work with government--and I am a bit confused by the different options. But if I'm interested in figuring out what's politics is like in general (and I do...

#politics #career-paths #nonprofits #government