Career Questions tagged Nonprofits

Cornelius M.’s Avatar
Cornelius M. Apr 01 133 views

How does CareerVillage.org make money?

I wish to know how this awesome project (careervillage.org) makes money in order to ensure the project is running through out. #meta #careervillage...

#nonprofits

Greysen A.’s Avatar
Greysen A. Aug 12, 2018 260 views

What should I go to school for to work in a nonprofit?

I am really interested in working in a nonprofit, maybe something that has to do with LGBT, kids, or human rights. I think I would be interested in being a therapist of some sort within the organization. I was just wondering what would be suggested for me to go to school for to major in, and...

#nonprofits #youth #humanrights #lgbt #human-resources #college-majors #therapy

Olivia S.’s Avatar
Olivia S. Jul 23, 2018 204 views
Emma P.’s Avatar
Emma P. May 20, 2018 190 views

What's it like to work at a nonprofit?

Do any professionals in the nonprofit sector have any advice for how to jumpstart your own projects? Does it help to be involved with a nonprofit first and then attempt to branch out or to stick with a nonprofit and help shift a focus towards what you are interested in? #nonprofit #...

#nonprofits #career

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Mar 20, 2018 191 views

What are volunteering opportunities that I can apply to if I am under 16 for the time being?

So right now, I am involved in three programs that I recieve good hours in, but I want to do more hours, as well as having a variety of experience in other fields. #volunteering #nonprofits...

#volunteer

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Jan 17, 2018 266 views

How do I get information on different programs and clubs outside of school?

Recently, I have learned about different programs that are offered to students in my community, that I have never heard of before, until now. With this realization, I'd like to know how to be able to get informed if there are other programs or clubs that I'd be able to participate in. Not only...

#nonprofits #communications #programs #community #student-activities #community-outreach #clubs

Kimetha S.’s Avatar
Kimetha S. Jan 14, 2018 257 views

How much does it cost to start a nonprofit?

I want to open a nonprofit that offers services that aren't already provided in my community. I'd like to serve the homeless population with applications, acquiring state ID, provide a mailing address and message phone number, referrals, and a safe place to talk. #nonprofits #homelessness...

#nonprofit-management #business #business-development

Chelsea S.’s Avatar
Chelsea S. Mar 20, 2018 187 views

How can I make an impact on the world?

I have always wanted to make an impact in the world. I lived for it as a child (16 years and going in the Girl Scouts, NHS Scholar, etc), but doing it with established organizations is different than doing it on your own. #nonprofits #social-change #career...

#philanthropy

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. Apr 10, 2017 402 views

How do we keep young men and women involved in the community!

I love social work and I intern for Mercy Corps NW. We work with men and women reentering the community to get the resources they need to be successful. #5-10 #social-work #reentry #community #nonprofits...

#community-involvement

Cynthia T.’s Avatar
Cynthia T. Mar 12, 2018 242 views

How to have a board that can attract $500,000 capital for a non-profit start up

I've been accepted at Harvard's joint bachelor's and master's program in management for the summer of 2018. Since 2003, I've had a financial planning practice with Indian Tribes. My goal at Harvard is to learn best practices, so I can transition my practice into a sustainable and scalable...

#nonprofits #business-development #business

Cynthia T.’s Avatar
Cynthia T. Mar 12, 2018 174 views

What are the best business models for building a dynamic and scalable non-profit

Since 2003, I've provided financial planning services to Indian tribes, advising on both personal and tribal policies such as budgets, taxation, risk management (insurance), investments and legacy (estate) planning. In my professional experience, clients who stayed with me were able to...

Samantha P.’s Avatar
Samantha P. Mar 12, 2018 346 views

Are there any jobs for humanitarian work?

I love helping people and I really want to live my life doing humanitarian aid type stuff but I also need to make money to help sustain a family. #helpingothers #humanitarian #non-profit-organization-management #nonprofits #human-rights #career-path...

#career-counseling

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Feb 13, 2018 290 views

How can I volunteer with writing?

Hey guys, So I love to write, which is why I'm pursuing Professional Writing as my major. However, I also love to volunteer. Is there a way I can combine my two loves and volunteer to write? #volunteering #professional-writing #writing #editing #nonprofits...

#nonprofit-marketing

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. Jan 23, 2018 249 views

CEO of Non Profit Organization

I currently work for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and am in graduate school to obtain a Master's in Public Health. I am wondering if any advisers have advice about the best way to advance within a non-profit organization all the way to the top- to be CEO of the non-profit....

#nonprofits #nonprofit-management

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Jan 16, 2018 229 views

What do you wish you had known before starting a non-profit?

I've been accepted into a graduate program where I will learn how to start a non-profit arts company. I would love some advice from people who have started their non-profit, whether it's in the arts or another field. #nonprofits #performing-arts #fine-arts...

#art

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jan 09, 2018 301 views

How do I create my own internship opportunity?

This summer I want to pursue an internship in government or nonprofits. In my local area there aren't a lot of opportunities for me, a first year college student. What would be the best way to approach some of the places and people I am interested in working with to create my own internship...

#nonprofits #experience #social-work #government #internships #civic-and-social-organization #community-outreach

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 03, 2018 342 views

I'm a caring and helpful female who has a desire for a career in a non profit company. What suggestions would you have for me to guide me in my schooling?

I'm asking this question because I want to help homeless people and volunteer for people that are in need. I want to help kids with cancer and help them find a way to smile. When I am older I want to make a difference for people that are in need. #volunteering #nonprofits...

#non-profit

Jessica W.’s Avatar
Jessica W. Dec 21, 2017 512 views

What is the typical amount of compensation at a mid-level nonprofit job?

Hello, I am interested in understanding more about working in or for nonprofits. #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profit-organization-management...

#non-profits

Beau W.’s Avatar
Beau W. Dec 19, 2017 243 views

I would like hands-on work that allows travel in a nonprofit organization that helps endangered species. What degree(s) should I pursue?

I am willing to get involved with anything from the sciences to social work. I just need recommendations, or directions to a degree/ course of study I can look into that will get me moving forward. Thank you! #nonprofits #endangered-species #career #public-sector #animals...

#habitat-restoration

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Nov 07, 2017 336 views

Is voyage humanitaire trip beneficial?

I came across this site http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org/tourisme-solidaire-voyage-humanitaire/ for going on a volunteering trip. Is voyage trip really beneficial? #voyagehumanitaire #missionhumanitaire #volunteering #nonprofits #humanitarian...

#humanitarian-relief

Branden P.’s Avatar
Branden P. Oct 25, 2017 429 views

What are the beginning steps to start a Nonprofit?

I want to start my own Nonprofit in the future and I don't know where to start. Some of my concerns would be how to get it to be official, how to reach volunteers and employees with little money, and orgs./people to connect to when the nonprofit is still fairly new. #nonprofit-organization...

#nonprofits

Branden P.’s Avatar
Branden P. Oct 25, 2017 265 views

#nonprofits

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 16, 2017 488 views

What are the current digital marketing trends in the nonprofit sector?

I am exploring the digital media/social media aspect in the nonprofit sector and wish to understand the career path in this field. What kind of skills are required if one is starting out fresh in this line? #social-media-marketing #social-media #digital-marketing...

#nonprofits #non-profit-organization-management #nonprofitdigitalmedia #non-profit-management #non-profit

Vidya V.’s Avatar
Vidya V. Oct 12, 2017 424 views

What are the most lucrative jobs in the Nonprofit sector?

I am currently pursuing my MS in Nonprofit Management and exploring my various career options in this sector. #nonprofits #non-profit-organization-management #non-profit-management #fundraising...

#education-management

Marie F.’s Avatar
Marie F. Sep 20, 2017 394 views

I would like to work for a non-profit organization. What degree would I need?

I am interested in working with organizations that focus on Rape and Child molestation awareness,out reach, and patient services. I would like to work in the field like going to schools, setting up fund raising events with the public and over all getting the organizations message out there....

#nonprofits #cultural-awareness #nonprofit-management #women-in-business #public-safety #child-welfare #nonprofit-organization #empowering-women #sexual-assault-awareness #fundraising #community-outreach

Ashley B.’s Avatar
Ashley B. Sep 01, 2017 338 views

Should I choose a major based on what my parents want for me or what I want, even if mine pays alot less?

I want to go into non-profit work, while my parents want me to get a job that pays six figures. #college-major #nonprofits...

#parents

Nathan S.’s Avatar
Nathan S. Aug 17, 2017 475 views

What Should I major in if I want To Run A Non Profit

Hi I am just wondering What I should major in if I would like to start/run a charity that is dedicated to helping the familes and children affected by rare diseases? #medicine #non-profit-management...

#nonprofits

Hollie C.’s Avatar
Hollie C. Jul 29, 2016 649 views

Any suggestions for intermediate-paid jobs relating to social welfare/NGOs?

I'm recently graduated and thought about applying jobs in Americorps, however, I heard that their jobs are very low-paid. I do not expect myself getting a high paid job right after I graduated from college as it is unrealistic, but I do hope to find a job that is intermediate-paid so that I...

#nonprofits #organizational-culture #financial-planning #career #first-job #ngos #career-details #job-search

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 17, 2017 905 views

Do employers like reading Functional or Chronological resumes more?

Does the type of resume you have work better for different industries? I have a functional resume that I use in the financial services industry and a chronological resume that I use for non-profits is my method fine? #jobs #financial-services #resume-writing #nonprofits...

#job-application