Career Questions tagged Humanitarian

Mena L.’s Avatar
Mena L. Apr 25 84 views

I am an English Literature Student who wants to work for the SDGs. What should I do?

I am a creative problem-solving person and I study literature. I want to work in international organizations for any good global causes related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to eradicate poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. However, I am not a specialist. Is it...

#humanitarian #communication #career #specialist #ngos #startups #generalist #international-organizations #sustainability

Maria C.’s Avatar
Maria C. Apr 08 141 views

How is it like to work at UN? What do you specifically do working with the part of humans rights?

I’m a student from Brazil and next year I will join an university. I wanna do the International Relations course and in the future work in the UN with human rights, traveling all around the world and helping others. #career #international #travel # #job # #work #work #humanrights #humanitarian...

#politics #un #politicalscience #helping #unitednations #global

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Aug 06, 2019 215 views

What summer trip is going to look best on college and job applications?

I can either do a Summer Seminar at one of the service academies (USAFA, USMA, USNA), FLC at Norwich University, or a 16-day Humanitarian Trip (Probably a HEFY trip). #college #job #career #college-advice #job-search #resume #humanitarian #military #job-application #networking #academy #efy...

#seminar #hefy #university

Andrew C.’s Avatar
Andrew C. May 02, 2018 295 views

How was your experience attending mission humanitaire program in Benin?

Me and my friends are planning to go on a mission humanitaire (http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org) program in Benin. If anyone has any experience with such mission humanitaire program. Please share your experience. #missionhumanitaire #missionhumanitaireafrique #voyagehumanitaire...

#humanitarian #volunteering #nonprofit #volunteer

Dayana C.’s Avatar
Dayana C. Nov 20, 2018 260 views

Is Gender Studies BA qualifitied to apply for gradute programs in Master's of Social Work?

I love my major gender studies, and I want to focus on serving marginalized people that are from lower income, domestic violence survivors, people who are suffering from trauma (hunger, poverty, economic hardship, physical, and sexual abuse, emotional), I want to empower, protect, serve, and...

#humanitarian #msw #gender #love #justice #social

Samantha P.’s Avatar
Samantha P. Mar 12, 2018 451 views

Are there any jobs for humanitarian work?

I love helping people and I really want to live my life doing humanitarian aid type stuff but I also need to make money to help sustain a family. #helpingothers #humanitarian #non-profit-organization-management #nonprofits #human-rights #career-path...

#career-counseling

Yasmin A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. Jan 24, 2018 316 views

What are some careers available in social justice and social activism for immigration? Do I have to become an immigration lawyer to help?

I'm currently a high school senior on my way to college. And immigration is a topic I'm passionate about. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in social justice that will improve and impact the lives of immigrants living within our country. I know that many people tend to pursue careers in...

#humanitarian #human-rights #foreign-languages #immigration #activists #activism #social-justice #immigration-law #non-profit #social-work

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Nov 07, 2017 394 views

Is voyage humanitaire trip beneficial?

I came across this site http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org/tourisme-solidaire-voyage-humanitaire/ for going on a volunteering trip. Is voyage trip really beneficial? #voyagehumanitaire #missionhumanitaire #volunteering #nonprofits #humanitarian...

#humanitarian-relief

Jamie D.’s Avatar
Jamie D. Oct 22, 2017 470 views
Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. Oct 20, 2017 681 views
Amanda D.’s Avatar
Amanda D. May 26, 2016 374 views

What specific steps should I be taking to ensure that I can get involved in a traveling nurse program?

I am very interested in becoming a nurse and helping people. I would like to travel to areas not as privileged and help people who need it the most. I would also love the experience of traveling around the world. #doctor #nursing #travel #humanitarian #travel-nursing #nurse #medicine...

#healthcare

Bhavna S.’s Avatar
Bhavna S. Mar 10, 2017 1441 views
Crista F.’s Avatar
Crista F. Oct 22, 2016 615 views

What would you consider to be the most valuable facet of computer science to the world today?

Computer science and technology has long been my passion, yet my dream is to contribute to the world positively. Many information technology careers seem to be trivial and/or wealth oriented. In what fields are people encouraged to develop computer technology for the benefit of mankind, rather...

#humanitarian #science #ethics #computer-science #technology #information-technology

Mirna K.’s Avatar
Mirna K. Jun 04, 2016 2187 views

Careers that have a combiation of computer programming and humanitarian elements?

I am majoring in computer science and have always wanted to engage in doing humanitarian work. I was wondering if there are any careers that would involve both of these? Thank you #computer-science...

#humanitarian

Amanda D.’s Avatar
Amanda D. May 26, 2016 416 views

I am very interested in becoming a nurse and helping people. I would like to travel to areas not as privileged and help people who need it the most. I would also love the experience of traveling around the world. #doctor #nursing #medicine #travel...

#humanitarian