Emily D.’s Avatar

Emily D.

121

2

What career path should I choose ?

I love hearing stories and caring for others. I also really want to positively influence people . #sociology #stories #humanitarian #communications #thought-leadership #college #college-advice #college-majors #positivity #influencing #public-relations

Ask yourself the question "If I had all the money in the world and never needed to work what would my main hobby be?" Pick an aspect of that hobby you are capable at and master it and monetize it. It soundd almost cliche to say but it really is that simple. There is someone out there doing what you love most and getting paid to do it. Either get better than them at it or innovate a similar system. If you can't find a way to monetize it, blog and podcast about it and be the expert on the content of it, then monetize that! There are plenty of books out there to monetize your hobbies.

Last updated Aug 14 at 23:09
I think your hashtags speak for yourself about some of the issues that you might be interested in going into. For example, if you're interested in public-relations, maybe you could go into non-profit organizations and help them promote their causes that they care for. There's so many different ways to help others, and everyone has a story. Thus, I think what you should focus on to help narrow your career path is what kind of stories are you interested in? What kind of causes do you care about? Hopefully, those will help you get started on what kind of industry or profession you'd like to be in! #industry #career #profession #jobs #college #public-relations
Last updated Oct 21 '17 at 12:10
Emily—what great causes to be passionate about! Like Monica said, there are many paths to doing this—and I'm guessing that most of them will be helped if you hone your writing (and public speaking) skills! The best way to start influencing people for good is to start at a micro level, within your current circle of influence. You can always start a blog or find another outlet to start reaching more, too! Some majors to consider: - English language or literature - Humanities - Social sciences (some colleges have an interdisciplinary degree) - Communications - Public Relations - Journalism - Sociology - Marketing - Organizational Behavior - Anthropology - Economics - Psychology - Medicine (healthcare is one place you hear lots of people's stories, and help them) I recommend doing an online search for the kind of jobs you'd want after college (like, "wow, that job in communications sounds perfect!"), so you can check out the kind of experience and qualifications that field requires. Then, work backwards with the understanding of which degree will help you best get there. Best of luck! #college-majors #career-choice #writing
Last updated Oct 22 '17 at 11:41
Everyone's circle is different. In theory, it can be divided into attention circle and influence circle. The influence circle is very important. It determines your social level and communication people, and determines whether your future career and life are dominant or passive. So if you want to increase the impact circle, you need to increase your professional skills and your own quality, to know more about companies and social big caffeine, and to increase your vision and ability.
Last updated Dec 17 '17 at 22:22
Hello Emily, reading what You have written there is one thing that come to my mind right away it's trainings based on storytelling. So it's both having influence and teaching people something new that can change their lives and on the other hand teaching how to talk and how to bulild stories so that all the speaches are more interesting and catchy. That will be smething that I will check being on Your side. An that is that kind of coaching in which you need to be a little bit curious and creative. Hope it will give You some new point of view. Thanks, Agnieszka
Last updated Dec 11 '17 at 09:51