Career Questions tagged Industry

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26, 2019 89 views

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development?

My Goal: Create an app similar to Tinder *Please note, I'm not trying to throw my hat in the ring with Tinder, Bumble, and all of those. This is just a side project that I'm interested in, I'm not considering fighting against Tinder. My Current Skills: * Minimal experience with MEAN stack...

#technology #programming #industry #internship #reactnative #android #womenintech #kotlin #tech #mobiledevelopment #react #engineering #ios #mobiledev #learning

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26, 2019 51 views

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development

#technology #industry #internship #reactnative #android #womenintech #kotlin #tech #mobiledevelopment #react #engineering #ios #mobiledev #learning

John R.’s Avatar
John R. May 24, 2018 185 views

What is something about being an Engineer that ended up being different than you expected?

I feel like we all have particular expectations when we go into a job and preconceived notions of what it will be like. What is something that you discovered going into engineering that was different than you expected? #industry #engineer...

#engineering

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 24, 2018 263 views

In your experience, how difficult has it been to matriculate into an entry-level job with a mechanical engineering degree?

I am interested in pursuing this degree, in tandem with economics, and I was wondering what a mechanical engineer's experience has been like in getting a job... and when getting said job, what would it typically entail? Was/is the job fun? #mechanical-engineering #industry #business #first-job...

#engineering

Daniel Y.’s Avatar
Daniel Y. May 09, 2018 219 views

How often do internships convert into full time offers? and what is needed to make it happen?

Trying to learn how often #internships convert to #full-time offers? It is common for this to happen all of the time? Does it depend on the #industry ? What steps are needed to make it happen? #jobs...

#careers

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Jan 24, 2018 336 views

Agency or Industry? The ultimate PR question!

I am graduating in May of this year and there is a lot of talk about going into an agency profession or starting out in industry. I know I want to do social media management, but I don't know if I should start out in agency or industry. Is agency as scary and difficult as people say it is?...

#industry #pr #publicrelations #jobsearch #socialmedia #agency

Madison J.’s Avatar
Madison J. May 14, 2016 392 views
Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 584 views

Is taking a year out of university/college to gain a year of experience in industry really necessary?

Obviously gaining industry experience before graduating is great but how important would you rate it? Would it strongly differentiate between two potential candidates? How valued for a graduate job would it be? Even if the experience isn't completely relevant to the job. Are graduates looked...

#graduate-recruitment #student-recruiting #computer-science #industry #graduate-programs #job #graduate

Kaino M.’s Avatar
Kaino M. May 27, 2016 399 views

What are the steps you should take during college to better your chances of employment in the film industry after college.

i am a senior in high school going on to college soon to study film, and i am curious to know what are the best steps to take to ensure employment in the film industry after college. #film #in #film-production...

#industry

Sterling J.’s Avatar
Sterling J. May 26, 2016 382 views

Would you recommend a mechanical or chemical engineering degree

trying to decide which one to choose...

#industry

Chinwe A.’s Avatar
Chinwe A. Aug 03, 2015 2780 views

Will getting a PhD in engineering aid in getting a research and development job in the industry

I'm a senior in high school; I'm not sure what field of engineering I want to go into. I do know that I would like to be involved in a research job in some industry. I'm interested in biomedical, aeronautical, and chemical engineering. Anyone of any field of engineering that has a research job...

#industry #chemical-engineering #phd #engineering #research #graduate-school

Gaurav Y.’s Avatar
Gaurav Y. May 24, 2015 1419 views

I am interested in mobiles so i want to do job related mobiles????

I am fond of mobiles. I loves smartphones and want to job related this. Please tell me how can I DO job relating that. Job like Mobile designing, related to hardware etc. #industry #mobile-games...

#mobile-design

Tyrone S.’s Avatar
Tyrone S. May 18, 2015 842 views

How can I become a rapper?

I want to become a rapper because my flow is nice. #business #industry #social-skills #rapper...

#bars

Ally N.’s Avatar
Ally N. Apr 29, 2014 1513 views

How hard is it to get a job in the food industry?

I am a sophomore in high school and am interested in getting a job in the food industry in the future. #job #cooking #food...

#industry