Career Questions tagged Industry

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 10, 2020 239 views

How easy is it to transfer skills from a physics BS to a job in industry?

I feel like a lot of recruiters will ask about engineering project experience or software expertise, and so far my classes have been math/theory focused. I'm comfortable with Python and have taken a few labs, but I feel like I don't have the experience a lot of employers expect. What sort of...

industry undergraduate career physics physics-major givingiscaring job-experience

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26, 2019 415 views

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development?

My Goal: Create an app similar to Tinder *Please note, I'm not trying to throw my hat in the ring with Tinder, Bumble, and all of those. This is just a side project that I'm interested in, I'm not considering fighting against Tinder. My Current Skills: * Minimal experience with MEAN stack...

mobiledevelopment engineering industry mobiledev programming technology reactnative ios learning tech android womenintech kotlin internship react

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26, 2019 279 views

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development

mobiledevelopment engineering industry mobiledev technology reactnative ios learning tech android womenintech kotlin internship react

John R.’s Avatar
John R. May 24, 2018 389 views

What is something about being an Engineer that ended up being different than you expected?

I feel like we all have particular expectations when we go into a job and preconceived notions of what it will be like. What is something that you discovered going into engineering that was different than you expected? industry engineer...

engineering

Daniel Y.’s Avatar
Daniel Y. May 09, 2018 390 views

How often do internships convert into full time offers? and what is needed to make it happen?

Trying to learn how often internships convert to full-time offers? It is common for this to happen all of the time? Does it depend on the industry ? What steps are needed to make it happen? jobs...

careers

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Jan 24, 2018 561 views

Agency or Industry? The ultimate PR question!

I am graduating in May of this year and there is a lot of talk about going into an agency profession or starting out in industry. I know I want to do social media management, but I don't know if I should start out in agency or industry. Is agency as scary and difficult as people say it is?...

industry agency socialmedia publicrelations pr jobsearch

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017 754 views

Is taking a year out of university/college to gain a year of experience in industry really necessary?

Obviously gaining industry experience before graduating is great but how important would you rate it? Would it strongly differentiate between two potential candidates? How valued for a graduate job would it be? Even if the experience isn't completely relevant to the job. Are graduates looked...

industry student-recruiting graduate-programs graduate computer-science graduate-recruitment job

Kaino M.’s Avatar
Kaino M. May 27, 2016 549 views

What are the steps you should take during college to better your chances of employment in the film industry after college.

i am a senior in high school going on to college soon to study film, and i am curious to know what are the best steps to take to ensure employment in the film industry after college. film in film-production...

industry

Sterling J.’s Avatar
Sterling J. May 26, 2016 501 views

Would you recommend a mechanical or chemical engineering degree

trying to decide which one to choose...

industry

Chinwe A.’s Avatar
Chinwe A. Aug 03, 2015 3506 views

Will getting a PhD in engineering aid in getting a research and development job in the industry

I'm a senior in high school; I'm not sure what field of engineering I want to go into. I do know that I would like to be involved in a research job in some industry. I'm interested in biomedical, aeronautical, and chemical engineering. Anyone of any field of engineering that has a research job...

phd engineering chemical-engineering industry graduate-school research

Gaurav Y.’s Avatar
Gaurav Y. May 24, 2015 2202 views

I am interested in mobiles so i want to do job related mobiles????

I am fond of mobiles. I loves smartphones and want to job related this. Please tell me how can I DO job relating that. Job like Mobile designing, related to hardware etc. industry mobile-games...

mobile-design

Tyrone S.’s Avatar
Tyrone S. May 18, 2015 1013 views

How can I become a rapper?

I want to become a rapper because my flow is nice. business industry social-skills rapper...

bars

Ally N.’s Avatar
Ally N. Apr 29, 2014 2110 views

How hard is it to get a job in the food industry?

I am a sophomore in high school and am interested in getting a job in the food industry in the future. job cooking food...

industry