Career Questions tagged Social Skills

Coleton John’s Avatar
Coleton John Mar 23, 2021 281 views

I cannot decide what to do to school for art or social work

I am pretty decent in social studies and English/Laguage arts I don't like not knowing how to decide on a focus. I seem to be good with people when I'm looked up to. But I like art to communicate my emotional inner world. Lack confidence for sure. Negative thinker. Gives more of self....

Maria Victoria’s Avatar
Maria Victoria Jan 19, 2018 655 views

How can I make others listen?

I feel like I am ignored, even when what I say is beneficial for progress. I'm sometimes passive, in fear of judgement or in an attempt to help others speak their mind so no disagreements arise. I want others to listen to what I have to say with as much respect as I give to them. I feel like...

Brandon’s Avatar
Brandon Feb 20, 2017 949 views

What classes are out there for Customer Service representatives?

I really need to work on my social skills and I know that there are speech classes, but I want to know what classes are specifically for working in Customer Service. #customer-service #social-skills #customer-support

Britanie’s Avatar
Britanie May 17, 2016 849 views

What do you think are the most important qualities to possess in order to thrive in the medical field / business world ?

As a student about to enter college I want to make sure I start practicing good qualities while I am in college so that they may become habits before I start to make my way through the world on my own. I am planning on studying exercise science and am considering starting up my own business...

Maggie’s Avatar
Maggie May 12, 2016 730 views

What are some tips/tricks that you have used to improve your social skills/speech skills when dealing with clients/customers? Do you believe experience is best when it comes to improving speech/social skills for a career? Personal practice? Both?

I know social skills are very important when it comes to the career path that I want to follow; however, I am somewhat lacking in social skills. In discussion with a more professional context I have some difficulties, specifically interviews. This question pertains as much to a career as any...

Anisa’s Avatar
Anisa May 07, 2016 715 views

What classes should you take when aspiring to be a psychologist?

I'm considering being a psychologist. #psychology #psychiatry #social-psychology #child-psychology #moral-psychology #social-skills #family-services #psychosocial

Anisa’s Avatar
Anisa May 07, 2016 743 views

What does a psychologist do everyday?

I'm considering a career in psychology and I want to know more about it #medicine #psychology #social #psychiatry #criminal #social-skills #family-services

axel’s Avatar
axel Mar 21, 2016 728 views

What type of risks would a plane pilot be taking in his/her line of career?

Im asking because i wanna be in a line of work that is not so dangerous #social-skills #intelligence

Tyrone’s Avatar
Tyrone May 18, 2015 1100 views

How can I become a rapper?

I want to become a rapper because my flow is nice. #business #industry #social-skills #rapper #bars

Sinue’s Avatar
Sinue Mar 02, 2015 892 views

Do you require any skill sets other than the classes to be a technical engineer?

I am asking because some jobs require a lot of patience or being able to hold your tongue or just have to be outgoing. Are there any certain skills I will need to have to become a technical engineer? #engineering #engineer #skills #technical #social-skills #technical-engineer