Career Questions tagged Job Skills

Elizabeth H.’s Avatar
Elizabeth H. Mar 06, 2018 845 views

What are the best ways to prepare for a job interview?

I get really nervous before a job interview and feel like I may come across as less confident because of my nerves. job-skills jobinterviews...

confidence

Teleola A.’s Avatar
Teleola A. Jan 26, 2018 610 views

Must your previous volunteer positions be relevant to job application?

Are employers interested in the type of volunteering you? By this I mean, do employers want people that have volunteered in activities that are directly relevant or related to the jobs they are applying for? (specifically jobs in business/management)Or can any volunteer experience help when...

employer job-skills job-applications business volunteering

Christina C.’s Avatar
Christina C. Jan 21, 2018 631 views

How relevant is your major in searching for a job?

I see a lot of jobs, like coding or perhaps marketing and people-centered jobs, that ask specifically for individuals with majors reflecting the specific skill they want (i.e., computer science for coding or communications for a marketing manager). However, if you already have the skill set...

job-postings job-skills majors

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 7698 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. job job-search resume resume-writing cover-letters evaluating-resumes skills job-skills interviewing-skills career...

career-path intern applying career-planning internships apply upcomingintern applicant internship

Madeline G.’s Avatar
Madeline G. Jan 16, 2018 691 views

What are the best things for your resume?

After college, getting a job can be very competitive. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? What are ways to boost your resume? What are employers, especially in business, looking to see? business resume resume-building evaluating-resumes job-search-strategies job-market...

job-skills employment

Jazmine K.’s Avatar
Jazmine K. Jan 10, 2018 488 views

What are some tips and suggestions to becoming a professional Photographer or Videographer?

I am a junior in high school and ever since I was little I had been interested in Photography and Videography (Probably because I grew up in a family of Photographers). Though I had been trying to get more and more into these two subjects because I usually like being able to capture the...

video-production video videography job-skills photojournalism media-production photography digital-photography

Armani M.’s Avatar
Armani M. May 23, 2016 579 views
Miles F.’s Avatar
Miles F. Oct 13, 2016 1506 views

What is the best skill one can posess in the business and working field today?

With midterms around the corner, I have become curious about what are important skills to have in today's work force. I know that time management is always looked for but I was curious about what else is looked for in a potential hire. business job-skills...

personal-development

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jul 12, 2017 1082 views

What's a job that fits this description?

I want a job where I can talk to people whether in front of a crowd or just to one on one. I want something that I can help people. But I also want something that I would be able to live off of the money. If possible a job where I could travel the world. Is there anything like that? job-search...

career-details need-help job-skills first-job

Hadi D.’s Avatar
Hadi D. Feb 18, 2017 829 views

What are the universities/college that train people to be a freight-forwarder?

I need to learn where some universities or colleges to get information about being freigth-forwarder college-selection training job-skills...

freightforwarders

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 13, 2017 617 views

Does a Gold level in the NCRC mean that I am actually ready for a job, or is it just an ego boost?

I scored a Gold in the National Career Readiness certification exam and wondered about its 90% qualifier. And I wonder if it just judges the test taker by their abilities on the job or just at testing in general. job-search job-skills employee-training employee-benefits...

ncrc

Revika S.’s Avatar
Revika S. May 23, 2016 942 views

What non-academic skills are needed for those interested in becoming medical doctors?

We all know that people who go into medicine are the best of the best when it comes to academics, but I am interested in what other skills define a medical doctor and how these traits come into play in the day-to-day life of a doctor. doctor medicine science healthcare health...

job-skills researcher

Anudari A.’s Avatar
Anudari A. May 14, 2016 961 views

What are some qualities a Marketing major must posses?

I'm currently a marketing student, and I don't have much of an overall idea of what skills, qualities and experiences I should posses in the long run. For example, should I be concerned about improving my skills on Photoshop? even though I was not taught the program at school, and how do I show...

marketing job-skills skills business

Maggie C.’s Avatar
Maggie C. May 12, 2016 654 views

What are some tips/tricks that you have used to improve your social skills/speech skills when dealing with clients/customers? Do you believe experience is best when it comes to improving speech/social skills for a career? Personal practice? Both?

I know social skills are very important when it comes to the career path that I want to follow; however, I am somewhat lacking in social skills. In discussion with a more professional context I have some difficulties, specifically interviews. This question pertains as much to a career as any...

job-skills social-worker human-resources social-work skills social-skills

Lera K.’s Avatar
Lera K. May 04, 2016 855 views

What are good skills to have (relating to technology) in order to be successful in today's workforce?

I would like to know what will be expected of me, considering that technology is a big part of everyone's lives and jobs. computer technology...

job-skills

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 28, 2016 759 views

What are the most valuable skills I can learn on my own without college?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at CareerVillage. As many of my friends gripe about the cost of college tuition, they suggest getting skills that aren't taught at a college and getting a career that doesn't involve an expensive degree and four years of your life....

college money job-skills