Career Questions tagged Intern

Kamaria H.’s Avatar
Kamaria H. Aug 28, 2018 161 views
Ethan S.’s Avatar
Ethan S. Aug 27, 2018 140 views
Alexander P.’s Avatar
Alexander P. May 21, 2018 161 views

Is it necessary to get an international internship credit on your resume?

Within my program, it is customary to go to London and take an internship with local companies to meet the internship credit that my major requires. However, this comes with other costs and I worry as to whether the financial stress is worth it. #internships...

#intern

Brittany C.’s Avatar
Brittany C. Jan 23, 2018 201 views

What do you need to qualify for an internship?

My field of communication and journalism will probably require me to have on the job experience but I don't know when or how to apply for it....

#intern

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 664 views

How do you write an outstanding, effective cover letter?

Applying for an internship and was asked to submit a cover letter. What is it and how can you write an effective one? Would really appreciate some examples or guidance. #job #job-search #resume #resume-writing #cover-letters #evaluating-resumes #skills #job-skills #interviewing-skills #career...

#career-path #internship #career-planning #applicant #applying #upcomingintern #apply #internships #intern

Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017 454 views

How do I dress for an intern interview?

I am interviewing for a position as an intern for a member of Congress, but I'm unsure of how formally I should dress and what I should wear. #government #intern #interview #interview-clothing...

#government-administration

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Jan 09, 2017 553 views

What are some reliable sources to find internships?

Lately, I've been trying to find some internships because it is one of the closest ways a high school student can truly understand the real world and what career one wants to pursue. It is really easy to search things up on Google, but I'm not sure if it is reliable. I personally would love to...

#career-path #internship #career #creative-internship #career-development #internships #job-search #intern

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Dec 29, 2016 779 views

Whats the best way to find internships that help with post-college future jobs?

I am currently a junior in college and its time to get a REAL internship this summer, if you know what I mean. I was abroad this past fall semester and now its time to figure out how to get a job for the summer that will put my studies into action. #career-counseling #internships...

#college-majors #summer #college-jobs #summer-jobs #summer-programs #intern

Jonathan A.’s Avatar
Jonathan A. Oct 19, 2016 359 views

Engineering

Is your engineering job a lot of hands on? Are engineering jobs different than expected when in college? #student #graduate...

#intern

Leticia M.’s Avatar
Leticia M. Aug 08, 2016 405 views

How strict are law firms and other legal institutions with their age or education requirements for their internships?

Most places I want to intern at either have educational or age requirements that I do not meet as a high schooler, restricting my chance of getting an internship. I plan to major in political science when I go to college and would love some exposure to the legal and governmental world by...

#internships #political-science #intern #law

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 491 views

Entry level internships

Hello my name is Naysa and I am a freshman in college. I am looking for an internship within the federal government, or for representatives, congressmen, and delegates. My problem is that the jobs I have done in past, have nothing to do with any of these subjects. So how do I arranged my...

#federal-government #top-management-hiring #internships #human-resources #intern

Anja S.’s Avatar
Anja S. Jun 10, 2016 723 views

Internships

Finding internships as a high schooler, especially at big tech companies, is hard. What are some tips for scoring internships at credible locations? #programming #tech...

#intern

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. May 30, 2016 565 views

What type of internships can I look into while working towards my degree in Sociology and Anthropology?

I am looking for an internship for my senior year in my undergraduate studies. I'm looking because it seems to me that most students receive jobs faster when they have done an internship at some point throughout their college career. It seems to be a great way to get my foot in the door, build...

#intern #gerontology #internships #undergraduate #sociology #resume-writing #anthropology

Kyana J.’s Avatar
Kyana J. May 29, 2016 430 views

where in New York can i be an intern for the summer?

I would like to be an intern for the summer but don't know a law firm that hires a 16 year old junior. #law #communications #communication #intern #pre-law #new-york...

#junior

Ann-Chie S.’s Avatar
Ann-Chie S. May 26, 2016 379 views

What should I pay attention to or do as an intern, especially as a computer science major aspiring to be a software engineer?

I will be working on application development as an intern and am looking for advice on networking/opportunities I should look for/people I should talk to/specific topics or projects I should get ask to get involved in/how to establish relationship with manager etc. #computer #software...

#intern

michelle M.’s Avatar
michelle M. May 25, 2016 469 views

Career wise is it always best to pursue an internship in college?

Is it beneficial doing internships in college for the career you decide choosing? I hear many pros and cons about internships regarding careers and I wanted a clear concise answer. #college #career...

#intern

Ellena B.’s Avatar
Ellena B. May 24, 2016 367 views

Where can I intern to prepare for a post-secondary teaching career?

I realize that being a college professor requires a lot of experience and I would like to accomplish that by interning somewhere or for someone that can prepare me for this career. #professor...

#intern

Khuslen S.’s Avatar
Khuslen S. May 21, 2016 481 views

What are yours interests outside of school?

Individuals often ask this question because if you find what you love early on, then you will skip years of skating by. Try new things. Expose yourself to different people and activities. Only then can you find what you want to do with your life. #general #intern...

#youth

Faith  M.’s Avatar
Faith M. May 20, 2016 998 views

How do you narrow down your interests in order to determine which field to pursue?

I have many different interests, and I'm not sure which I enjoy the most. Therefore, I don't know what job to pursue. #teacher #college-student #intern...

#employee

Nathan H.’s Avatar
Nathan H. May 20, 2016 480 views
Conor D.’s Avatar
Conor D. May 20, 2016 798 views
Karolena L.’s Avatar
Karolena L. May 17, 2016 547 views

What are good internships available in Biomedicle Engineering?

I want to receive hands on experience but I can't find any internships for my degree. I would like some help finding internships in Arizona. #professor #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #intern #biomedical-engineer #biotech #biomechanics...

#interns

Anudari A.’s Avatar
Anudari A. May 16, 2016 623 views

What are some dos and don'ts for an intern's first week at work?

What are some good habits, skills, and appreciations that are great to show your employer on the first week? How do you impress them, and how can I do well without causing any problems? What are some of your tips? and what mistakes have you made or has an intern made that you would recommend...

#employer #intern