Career Questions tagged Intern

Lindsay C.’s Avatar
Lindsay C. Apr 09 66 views

I'm currently studying ND: Electrical Engineering (Power Systems), where can I get a job preparing me for my Practice 1&2?

I'm currently studying ND: Electrical Engineering (Power Systems). If all goes well I will be doing my P1&P2 (in-serve/intern) next year. #engineer #electrical #electricalengineer #electricalengineering #intern #in-serve #internship #practice1 #noexperience #technology #power...

#powersystems

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Apr 05 92 views

How to follow up on internship applications?

I have been cold-emailing architecture firms seeking an internship opportunity for this summer, but have heard back from very few. Is it appropriate to follow up on emails I sent 3-4 weeks ago to try and get an answer? If so, what should I say? #internships #internship #summer-jobs #intern...

#architecture #applying

Aiden W.’s Avatar
Aiden W. Jan 22 113 views

What is the best way to get an internship?

I understand internships often lead to great careers. However, I also understand landing an internship isn't the easiest thing in the world. How should I 'stand out' as a student looking for an internship, compared to other students (or even graduates) looking for an internship? #intern #career...

#student

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Nov 12, 2020 164 views

How can I survive an unpaid internship?

After I graduate high school, my goal is to move to NYC and do 3-4 fashion internships, which I know rarely pay at all. I would really appreciate any tips about how to not go broke living like this! #fashion #intern #internship #summer #apparel-and-fashion...

#fashion-shows

Diogenes L.’s Avatar
Diogenes L. Jul 21, 2020 209 views
Allie S.’s Avatar
Allie S. Feb 06, 2020 278 views

What do i need to do to go into Human Trafficking?

I am a Junior in High school. I have been trying to figure out how God wants to use me in this world. He has really laid human trafficking on my heart lately, and i feel like that is something he wants me to go into. I though i wanted to be a high school history teacher, but that dream seems...

#advice #college #human-trafficking #help #endit #career #intern #sex-trafficking

Kamaria H.’s Avatar
Kamaria H. Aug 28, 2018 444 views
Alexander P.’s Avatar
Alexander P. May 21, 2018 291 views

Is it necessary to get an international internship credit on your resume?

Within my program, it is customary to go to London and take an internship with local companies to meet the internship credit that my major requires. However, this comes with other costs and I worry as to whether the financial stress is worth it. #internships...

#intern

Brittany C.’s Avatar
Brittany C. Jan 23, 2018 335 views

What do you need to qualify for an internship?

My field of communication and journalism will probably require me to have on the job experience but I don't know when or how to apply for it....

#intern

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 5074 views
Claire N.’s Avatar
Claire N. Oct 07, 2017 636 views

How do I dress for an intern interview?

I am interviewing for a position as an intern for a member of Congress, but I'm unsure of how formally I should dress and what I should wear. #government #intern #interview #interview-clothing...

#government-administration

Daniella F.’s Avatar
Daniella F. Jan 09, 2017 713 views

What are some reliable sources to find internships?

Lately, I've been trying to find some internships because it is one of the closest ways a high school student can truly understand the real world and what career one wants to pursue. It is really easy to search things up on Google, but I'm not sure if it is reliable. I personally would love to...

#career-development #job-search #creative-internship #career #internship #intern #internships #career-path

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Dec 29, 2016 923 views

Whats the best way to find internships that help with post-college future jobs?

I am currently a junior in college and its time to get a REAL internship this summer, if you know what I mean. I was abroad this past fall semester and now its time to figure out how to get a job for the summer that will put my studies into action. #career-counseling #internships...

#summer #summer-programs #summer-jobs #college-jobs #college-majors #intern

Jonathan A.’s Avatar
Jonathan A. Oct 19, 2016 457 views

Engineering

Is your engineering job a lot of hands on? Are engineering jobs different than expected when in college? #student #graduate...

#intern

Leticia M.’s Avatar
Leticia M. Aug 08, 2016 495 views

How strict are law firms and other legal institutions with their age or education requirements for their internships?

Most places I want to intern at either have educational or age requirements that I do not meet as a high schooler, restricting my chance of getting an internship. I plan to major in political science when I go to college and would love some exposure to the legal and governmental world by...

#political-science #intern #internships #law

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. May 13, 2016 935 views

Entry level internships

Hello my name is Naysa and I am a freshman in college. I am looking for an internship within the federal government, or for representatives, congressmen, and delegates. My problem is that the jobs I have done in past, have nothing to do with any of these subjects. So how do I arranged my...

#intern #federal-government #top-management-hiring #internships #human-resources

Anja S.’s Avatar
Anja S. Jun 10, 2016 877 views

Internships

Finding internships as a high schooler, especially at big tech companies, is hard. What are some tips for scoring internships at credible locations? #programming #tech...

#intern