Career Questions tagged Film Production

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. May 09 61 views

what exactly is modeling, texturing, animation, rendering, set design, special effects?

I know it used in movies and social media sometimes to create human looking objects feel alive but what do you have to do for each like, what is rendering and why is it important what is the importance of texturing? that's what I wanna know what is the point of each of the things listed and...

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. May 09 38 views

can 3-d animation be super complex it requires multiple people?

Like i know for Disney films their 3-d now so are there certain models or animations on the 3-d model that would require 2 or more people to work on like sully every hair has to move right?

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. May 06 25 views

what is the hardest task of being an animator?

I'm researching special, effects artist and animator. They create special effects or animations using film, video, computers, or other electronics animation to make a character feel real and alive in a way.

Maxton W.’s Avatar
Maxton W. Apr 27 101 views

A few questions about starting directorial work...

1. How do I get into any position of a media production?
2. How do I rise to a high enough level to ask for a directing job?
3. Who do I ask?
4. Once/If given the job, where do I start?
5. Once/If give the job, what are my priorities?

Sandra A.’s Avatar
Sandra A. Apr 08 64 views

Do you enjoy working in film?

I am looking into studying something in film, but I am not sure.

Flint D.’s Avatar
Flint D. Mar 24, 2021 523 views

How do I get in contact with more professionals?

I am in college for imaging science and film and I want to learn how to make more contacts in the field. #film-production #experienced #technology #film

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04, 2020 582 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 454 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018 403 views
Emma V.’s Avatar
Emma V. Apr 26, 2018 504 views

Why is the Film Industry primarily dominated by male directors and is it difficult for women to succeed in this field?

As an aspiring female filmmaker, I have often asked myself why I only saw male directors on stage accepting their Academy Awards. Why are there few well-known female directors? Is there a low number of women filmmakers or are the talented ones not being recognized? How can I, a passionate and...

Alexis G.’s Avatar
Alexis G. Jan 24, 2018 1069 views
charles S.’s Avatar
charles S. Jan 22, 2018 524 views

What is the best way to start and get into film making?

I'm interested in starting to make movies and i wanted to know where should i start.
#short-films #film-making #film #film-production

Joni Z.’s Avatar
Joni Z. Jan 17, 2018 457 views

Besides Los Angeles and New York City, what other cities in the U.S. have growing film industries?

Not everyone (including me) wants to live in such big places as Los Angeles and New York City. But I realize that to get a job in the industry, I may have to move to those cities. Those cities are also very saturated with job seekers. I was just wondering if there are other cities that could...

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017 787 views

How do you become a director?

like make and #film #movies and #video #director #film-production

Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Nov 07, 2017 621 views

How do I become director

sorry the one I give you was a mistake, so same like my past and dream. #director #motion-pictures-and-film #film #film-production

Manuel S.’s Avatar
Manuel S. Oct 25, 2017 391 views

Need a mentor for my Senior Seminar Project?

What should a mentor teach to someone who barely learning on how to edit and film? Detail about your organization and good resources. Film-editing #film-making #films #film-production