Career Questions tagged Film Production

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 148 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#filmdirector #film-production #editing #media-production #film-acting #director #design #arts #film #english #film-editing #writer #career

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 518 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

#job #graduating #college-major #screenwriting #film-production #student #college #career #producer #jesussaves #filmmaker #choosing-a-college #graduate-school #entertainment

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 275 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

#television

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018 228 views
Emma V.’s Avatar
Emma V. Apr 26, 2018 296 views

Why is the Film Industry primarily dominated by male directors and is it difficult for women to succeed in this field?

As an aspiring female filmmaker, I have often asked myself why I only saw male directors on stage accepting their Academy Awards. Why are there few well-known female directors? Is there a low number of women filmmakers or are the talented ones not being recognized? How can I, a passionate and...

#discrimination #equality #film-production #media #gender #film #women #women-in-film

Andrew H.’s Avatar
Andrew H. May 24, 2018 331 views
Andrew H.’s Avatar
Andrew H. May 24, 2018 228 views
Alexis G.’s Avatar
Alexis G. Jan 24, 2018 430 views
charles S.’s Avatar
charles S. Jan 22, 2018 331 views

What is the best way to start and get into film making?

I'm interested in starting to make movies and i wanted to know where should i start. #short-films #film-making #film...

#film-production

Joni Z.’s Avatar
Joni Z. Jan 17, 2018 281 views

Besides Los Angeles and New York City, what other cities in the U.S. have growing film industries?

Not everyone (including me) wants to live in such big places as Los Angeles and New York City. But I realize that to get a job in the industry, I may have to move to those cities. Those cities are also very saturated with job seekers. I was just wondering if there are other cities that could...

#motion-pictures-and-film #film #film-production

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017 512 views
Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Nov 07, 2017 424 views

How do I become director

sorry the one I give you was a mistake, so same like my past and dream. #director #motion-pictures-and-film #film...

#film-production

Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Oct 20, 2017 524 views

How do you become a director?

I always dream of becoming director and I can share my crazy imagination to show the children and adults what I have. My mission is to go every studio that I got the idea of my next movie, but first I'm off the Universal Studio. #film-making #director #film #film-production #films...

#motion-pictures-and-film

Manuel S.’s Avatar
Manuel S. Oct 25, 2017 269 views

Need a mentor for my Senior Seminar Project?

What should a mentor teach to someone who barely learning on how to edit and film? Detail about your organization and good resources. Film-editing #film-making #films...

#film-production

August S.’s Avatar
August S. Oct 12, 2017 562 views

I like writing, filming, critiquing and writing reviews on movies, what job should I pursue?

I love writing stories and making videos. I love watching movies and reviewing them. I want to pursue something that allows me to work with movies but I've never taken an official film course in high school and will be starting college next year. What are some careers I can look at? I don't...

#film-production #movie-production #college #film #writing #motion-pictures-and-film #movies #film-making

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 349 views

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream #netflix #writer #screenwriting #film #film-production #television...

#television-production

Samantha D.’s Avatar
Samantha D. Sep 01, 2017 524 views

What sort of advice could you give to someone who just switched their major to Film/Video studies?

I was just wondering if there were any film or video production people out there who want to lend a hand? I just switched my major to Film/Video Production in the middle of this past spring semester since I've always been interested in learning more about this, especially video editing. So,...

#video-editing #film #video-production #film-production #video

Branisha S.’s Avatar
Branisha S. Aug 31, 2017 396 views

How long does it take to get into the film industry?

How long and how much work does it take be a great director? Like Tyler Perry and Gary Marshall. #film-production #motion-pictures-and-film...

#film-making

Gwenevere  S.’s Avatar
Gwenevere S. Aug 11, 2016 4337 views

cinematography or editing?

Trying to decide between cinematography and editing what are the skills needed for both areas and what are the career opportunities in the areas. #film-production #personal-development #career-details #editing #cinematography...

#movies

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016 738 views

Senior Project: Career Exploration or New Skill?

At my school, all the seniors have to do a senior project. As a Junior who is interested in majoring in film and animation, I do not know whether to make my senior project Career Exploration or a new skill. Which one would be best? A note: Students at my school have different opinions on...

#personal-development #animation #college-major #seniorproject #film-production #cinematography #college-bound

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. May 17, 2017 909 views
Maddy W.’s Avatar
Maddy W. May 02, 2017 1038 views

What kind of equipment do I need to make an anime?

Hello mr & mrs I really need help from yall in my class am in a group of artstudent we draw anime characters and others kind of art work but we just got an idea to make or learn on how to make a full anime episode. It's my dream to make anime movie and to all my friends. #japan #animation...

#anime #video-production #film-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017 771 views

What languages should I learn next?

I'm aware that knowing more than one language can get you unique opportunities, my mother language is Portuguese and I also speak English. I was wondering what language should I learn now. I thought about French since I'm living in Canada, but German is another language that people say it's...

#international #foreign-languages #film-production #editing #german #language #post-production