Career questions tagged film-production

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Legacie201 views

Best film Career?

What is the best career for film and production

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaylee325 views

I’m interested in learning about what A Day in the Life was like for a Film maker?

I’m interested in learning about what A Day in the Life was like for a film maker. So far I have learned that the people tend to collab to have films done faster , but I would also like to know how this can affect the way the film looks/feels.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John439 views

BA vs BFA?

I'm looking at the USC SCA website currently and I noticed that there is a bachelor of arts in film production and then there is a bachelor of fine arts in film production. Can anyone explain the difference?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John338 views

Industry vs Freelancing vs Indie directing?

Is freelancing the same as Indie directing? What separates these three? What are some pros and cons of all three? How do I succeed in each? And how do I switch from one to the other, such as switching from Industry directing to Freelancing? Will I have more control over the movie if I choose to freelance? Google has not helped me one bit.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaylee521 views

How much do Film Makers tend to make?

How much do Film Makers tend to make?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John313 views

Double concentration?

I want to go to the L.A. Film School and major in Film Production but I would want to have my concentration on either Directing or Cinematography. Is there any way I could have my concentration on both?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John304 views

How do I know if film making is for me?

I know that I would enjoy it very much, but I know it could not be the only thing I do. And how do I know that it is right for me? I mean I would probably be good at it but how do I know if it's for me?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nicole393 views

How to get funding for student film projects.?

As I student I'd like to know how to fund my first project.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Busani617 views

What should I study: Photography or Filmmaking? Please help. Thank you.

I'm a 28 years old young man who recently graduated from a local university with a B.Sc Hons Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management. I have always been passionate about photography and filming. I want to study either one of these two probably in the next coming year of 2025. Should I choose filmmaking or photography? I'm battling with my mind regarding which option should I go for, because I have a massive passion for both. Moreover, I'm a very dedicated writer, artist-painter and graphic designer. #film-production #photography #photography

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Morgan251 views

How do you start your own film company?

What are the steps to becoming a movie/film director? Where do I go with my ideas?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ava373 views

What steps should I take for pursuing a career in film CGI?

I’m considering a career in film CGI. At first, I was thinking film directing, but I’m not sure if that is an obtainable/reasonable career choice. I know that if I worked hard enough, I could probably land a few jobs here and there, but I also don’t want to be stuck directing advertisements and the such. My second choice was animation, but I’m not an amazing artist, and I know being able to draw is a big part of being an animator. The happy median I thought of was working in film special or visual effects of sorts, and the career option in that field that I am most interested in is working with CGI. I was wondering what classes or outside of school things I could take/work on to improve and boost the necessary skills to pursue that career choice, what colleges and/or programs you would suggest me to look into, and if this is a more obtainable/reasonable career choice for me to seriously look into and pursue than directing.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jacob234 views

How can someone start their career in music composition as a novice composer?

I am a student in high school taking AP theory and other music classes. I really want to have a career in composing music, whether it be game OSTs, movie scores, or even just those silly songs in the background of advertisements. The problem is, I have no idea how to get into the industry. Like do I just find a place and apply like a normal job? Or do people have to contact me? (and how do I get them to?) If you have any answers or resources, it'd be highly appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cody283 views

What are some ways to be more fluid with writing and handling more complicated projects?

Beginner writer trying to be a future WGA member. Have some trouble with multiple moving parts during the creative process.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sabina291 views

Why did you choose to have a career in filmmaking/acting/screenwriting ?

How do you keep confident in your art and your work when you don’t feel original?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Vanessa217 views

How can I make it big in the music and film industry?

How can I make it big in the acting, film, and music industry? Any tips on how to start?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Evan234 views

For film majors, what did you struggle the most when taking classes for it?

Are there any interesting experiences with fellow film majors? Any heads up before I should take it or things that you wish you did or knew sooner before majoring in it?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Evan1344 views

What are the best colleges for film majors in California (how about out of state?)?

I have been thinking about majoring in film, so is there any input on any colleges that are reputable for their film majors and/or alumni?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Clara1102 views

What are some good colleges for film production?

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mariya220 views

Could you provide your perspective on the satisfaction and enjoyment you derive from your filmmaking career, the value of studying filmmaking as a viable path, and the scope of job opportunities within the industry?

Reflecting on your career in filmmaking, do you find it fulfilling and enjoyable? Considering the investment of time and resources required to study filmmaking, do you believe it's a worthwhile path for aspiring filmmakers? Additionally, could you share your insights on the current job market and the range of job opportunities available for individuals with a background in filmmaking?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
kaylee290 views

how to get into photography?

i want to do photography

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
dylan295 views

how do I stand out if I want to go to film school?

hi I'm a freshman in high school and when I'm older r I want to be a director.what should I do to help me become prepared and to stand out to the film school I want to go to, and how do I find out if this is really what I want to do.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angela398 views

What kind of majors do animation (3D or 2D), or film jobs look for in their candidates, and what colleges or universities offer good programs for these jobs?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
danika232 views

For film and television production, how do I meet new people and find more experiences?

I am currently starting school studying film and television production and I want to be as prepared for my future as possible. Thank you!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaiah308 views

How can I get more involved in film/the entertainment industry while still in high school?

I will be a sophomore in a couple months. I already selected electives such as video production(mainly works on my school’s tv show) and animation for this upcoming year and I took “intro to acting” last school year. I’m also in stage crew for our play and musical. I want to gain more experience and I know that these will help but I want to be involved outside of just classes. What’s the next step that I should be taking to get involved and gaining experience?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaiah258 views

Do I have to stick to just one thing?

I know that I want to go into the entertainment industry but I’m not sure if I want to animate, direct, or act. Is it possible to do all three and still be successful? Also if I can’t but I’m also not sure which I want to stick with, what should I do when selecting my major?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaiah188 views

How did you get where you are now?

What were your first steps into working in film?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Asterio828 views

If I would like to do professional animation for work, should I major in art or film?

So for context, I've always been stuck between going to school for art or going to school for film, because I love the both of them and animation requires knowledge of both skills. I'm always asked about college & I just don't know which one is best for my goals.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lilliana221 views

What is the biggest thing I need to consider in my options?

I’m making a group YouTube channel with friends and I’m directing animated and real life videos, I’m also a screenwriter, manager, etc… what should I do to move forward in the industry?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lilliana249 views

What can I do to get more experience in film?

How do I get into the field of film making without any experience? And what can I do to get experience?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
hannah236 views

Hi!What would you suggest if you wanted to get started on a film career (whether that be on the screen or production team), as a teenager in high school? Thank you!?

I am also wondering which colleges would you recommend and what i should have on my resume to be considered. Also, how to immerse myself in film within my community.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon