Career Questions tagged Film Production

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

#television

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018
Emma V.’s Avatar
Emma V. Apr 26, 2018

Why is the Film Industry primarily dominated by male directors and is it difficult for women to succeed in this field?

As an aspiring female filmmaker, I have often asked myself why I only saw male directors on stage accepting their Academy Awards. Why are there few well-known female directors? Is there a low number of women filmmakers or are the talented ones not being recognized? How can I, a passionate and...

#film-production #equality #women-in-film #discrimination #women #gender #film #media

Andrew H.’s Avatar
Andrew H. May 24, 2018
Mohammed R.’s Avatar
Mohammed R. May 23, 2016

How do I become a film choreographer?

charles S.’s Avatar
charles S. Jan 22, 2018

What is the best way to start and get into film making?

I'm interested in starting to make movies and i wanted to know where should i start. #short-films #film-making #film...

#film-production

Joni Z.’s Avatar
Joni Z. Jan 17, 2018

Besides Los Angeles and New York City, what other cities in the U.S. have growing film industries?

Not everyone (including me) wants to live in such big places as Los Angeles and New York City. But I realize that to get a job in the industry, I may have to move to those cities. Those cities are also very saturated with job seekers. I was just wondering if there are other cities that could...

#motion-pictures-and-film #film-production #film

christian L.’s Avatar
christian L. Dec 02, 2017
Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Nov 07, 2017

How do I become director

sorry the one I give you was a mistake, so same like my past and dream. #director #motion-pictures-and-film #film...

#film-production

Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Oct 20, 2017

How do you become a director?

I always dream of becoming director and I can share my crazy imagination to show the children and adults what I have. My mission is to go every studio that I got the idea of my next movie, but first I'm off the Universal Studio. #film-making #director #film #film-production #films...

#motion-pictures-and-film

Manuel S.’s Avatar
Manuel S. Oct 25, 2017

Need a mentor for my Senior Seminar Project?

What should a mentor teach to someone who barely learning on how to edit and film? Detail about your organization and good resources. Film-editing #film-making #films...

#film-production

August S.’s Avatar
August S. Oct 12, 2017

I like writing, filming, critiquing and writing reviews on movies, what job should I pursue?

I love writing stories and making videos. I love watching movies and reviewing them. I want to pursue something that allows me to work with movies but I've never taken an official film course in high school and will be starting college next year. What are some careers I can look at? I don't...

#movie-production #motion-pictures-and-film #film-making #college #movies #writing #film-production #film

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream #netflix #writer #screenwriting #film #film-production #television...

#television-production

Samantha D.’s Avatar
Samantha D. Sep 01, 2017

What sort of advice could you give to someone who just switched their major to Film/Video studies?

I was just wondering if there were any film or video production people out there who want to lend a hand? I just switched my major to Film/Video Production in the middle of this past spring semester since I've always been interested in learning more about this, especially video editing. So,...

#film #video-editing #film-production #video #video-production

Branisha S.’s Avatar
Branisha S. Aug 31, 2017

How long does it take to get into the film industry?

How long and how much work does it take be a great director? Like Tyler Perry and Gary Marshall. #film-production #motion-pictures-and-film...

#film-making

Gwenevere  S.’s Avatar
Gwenevere S. Aug 11, 2016

cinematography or editing?

Trying to decide between cinematography and editing what are the skills needed for both areas and what are the career opportunities in the areas. #film-production #personal-development #career-details #editing #cinematography...

#movies

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016

Senior Project: Career Exploration or New Skill?

At my school, all the seniors have to do a senior project. As a Junior who is interested in majoring in film and animation, I do not know whether to make my senior project Career Exploration or a new skill. Which one would be best? A note: Students at my school have different opinions on...

#college-major #personal-development #cinematography #animation #college-bound #film-production #seniorproject

sagar K.’s Avatar
sagar K. May 12, 2016
Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. May 17, 2017
Maddy W.’s Avatar
Maddy W. May 02, 2017

What kind of equipment do I need to make an anime?

Hello mr & mrs I really need help from yall in my class am in a group of artstudent we draw anime characters and others kind of art work but we just got an idea to make or learn on how to make a full anime episode. It's my dream to make anime movie and to all my friends. #japan #animation...

#anime #film-production #video-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017

What languages should I learn next?

I'm aware that knowing more than one language can get you unique opportunities, my mother language is Portuguese and I also speak English. I was wondering what language should I learn now. I thought about French since I'm living in Canada, but German is another language that people say it's...

#german #editing #post-production #film-production #international #language #foreign-languages

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017

How many softwares should I get familiar with?

I'm still in university and I plan on working in Post Production, I'm currently familiar working with Avid and Premiere Pro are there any other software that I should learn while I'm still studying? #computer-software #software #film-production #editing #video-editing #post-production...

#short-films

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 09, 2017

Is it harder to get jobs being international?

I moved to Canada to study and I plan on working here, but I'm originally from Brazil. I know that Canada is very accepting, but I was wondering if there are any problems with getting a job being international. #international #film-production #editing #video-editing...

#audio-post-production

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 07, 2017

What is a good entry level job in Post-Production?

I'm a film student interested in editing and I wanted to get a summer job. Most people say that 1st Assistant Editor is an entry level job, but it actually requires a lot of skill to be the 1st assistant and still being on my first at university I don't think I'm ready for such responsibility....

#summer-jobs #editing #video-editing #film-production #post-production #film

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 06, 2017

What is the best way to follow up someone after an event?

I recently went to a networking event and I met a lot of people and I wanted to keep in contact with them. Should I e-mail all of them or just the ones that I had longer conversations with? And how should I approach them with the follow-up e-mail? #film #networking #film-production #editing...

#sound-editing #sound-mixing #post-production #video-editing