Career Questions tagged Films

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Jul 18, 2020 94 views

How do you become an established food stylist?

I don't really have an idea as to what type of training a food stylist needs. Do they need to go through culinary school like any other chef? Is there specific licensing or specialized schooling for food styling? #food #stylist #hollywood #films #tvproductions #movies...

#july20

Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Jul 18, 2020 185 views

What does the typical work day of a food stylist look like?

My friend informed me of this profession a couple of months ago and I've pondered a lot about it because it sounds like a fun and intriguing job. #food #stylist #hollywood #films #tvproductions #movies...

#july20

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 19, 2018 214 views
Maricela O.’s Avatar
Maricela O. Jan 22, 2018 349 views

Is it harder to become an actor/actress as an adult?

I know there's a lot of casting companies who come around for children or teenagers to be in commercials and start off acting that way. But I am almost 17 and I can't afford to go to the acting programs offered for me. So my question is, is it harder for opportunities like this as you reach age...

#short-films #acting #film-acting #theatre #act #films #theater

Niah G.’s Avatar
Niah G. Oct 20, 2017 564 views

How do you become a director?

I always dream of becoming director and I can share my crazy imagination to show the children and adults what I have. My mission is to go every studio that I got the idea of my next movie, but first I'm off the Universal Studio. #film-making #director #film #film-production #films...

#motion-pictures-and-film

Manuel S.’s Avatar
Manuel S. Oct 25, 2017 292 views

Need a mentor for my Senior Seminar Project?

What should a mentor teach to someone who barely learning on how to edit and film? Detail about your organization and good resources. Film-editing #film-making #films...

#film-production

Azar B.’s Avatar
Azar B. Feb 13, 2017 489 views
Azar B.’s Avatar
Azar B. Feb 13, 2017 415 views
Malcolm  H.’s Avatar
Malcolm H. May 26, 2016 446 views

Is having a sense of moral accountability important in the entertainment industry?

With the many movies, tv movies, and social media we often times see artist conforming to the negative ways of society. I know that it may not be intentional but a lot of times artist and celebrities do things that aren't exactly moral in order to keep the fame #photography #theatre #actor...

#radio #television #singer #films #model

Gabriela C.’s Avatar
Gabriela C. May 17, 2016 789 views

When can I start to apply for internships inside the Film Studies field?

This question is because there are many internships for film majors but some of them ask for certain experience or will be admitted once the applicant had completed at least half of its bachelor. Is this the case for every internship or most of them? #film #internship #studies #cinematography...

#cinema #film-studies #films

Sofia T.’s Avatar
Sofia T. Jun 03, 2015 960 views

What are some necessary things you need to pursue filmmaking/writing?

I am interested in the career, however I don't know what a director needs to make a film great. I am dedicated and a perfectionist, and like to make things the best quality before releasing them to the public. Are there other things you need, or should I hone the skills I have now for the...

#director #writer #films #film-making

Sofia T.’s Avatar
Sofia T. Jun 03, 2015 914 views

Would making short films help boost a career in film making?

Hello I'm a sophomore who has interest in filmmaking. I have written scripts for shorts films and webseries, but I was wondering that if I produced them now, would they help further my career when I'm applying for colleges? Thank you! #films...

#directing

Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Apr 01, 2015 834 views

How long do you have to be in school to be a film maker?

Hi my name is Jeremy. I would be interested in becoming a movie director. I think that directing movies would be very interesting and I like movies. #theater #film-acting #actors #films #directing...

#movie

Paulo S.’s Avatar
Paulo S. Jan 26, 2015 647 views

What school I need to attend to work in a movie studio?

Because I want to make this as my career and I'm in my junior year of high school. I wanted to work at a movie studio since 7th grade. #film-making...

#films