Career Questions tagged Radio

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Sep 24, 2019 288 views

As a radio or television announcer, could you describe one of your typical workdays?

Could you describe one of your typical workdays? What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis? What parts of your job do you find most challenging? What do find most enjoyable? Are there any negatives to your job? How many hours do you work in a typical week? Which...

job career television job-search radio

Jose C.’s Avatar
Jose C. Aug 27, 2018 275 views

How do I get an internship at a radio station?

I am looking to get a job at a radio station. Will being an intern help? radio...

internship

Alexander G.’s Avatar
Alexander G. Jan 22, 2018 381 views

How does a student with no previous experience get a job in radio?

I'm interested in working at one of my local radio stations as a job during college and I'm not sure what jobs I would have at an entry level. Would working at my new college's radio help? Do those stations usually pay? What does the salary of those entry level jobs look like? radio...

radio-host college-radio

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017 634 views

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...

music television entertainment radio

bob F.’s Avatar
bob F. May 08, 2017 744 views

How do I get started on being in the radio

I'm looking into it and wanted to know if i need to go to school for it. Basically just how to get started. radio...

career-details

Makenna S.’s Avatar
Makenna S. May 15, 2017 626 views

i want to be a radio sales men

i LOVE talking to people . I also LOVE selling things . i also have a intrest in the radio radio...

career-details

Dan A.’s Avatar
Dan A. Aug 16, 2016 660 views

What to study or do over the summer for a DJ-tech radio person?

What do you suggest a high-school student do over the summer to increase their chances for being selected out of a large pool of other applicants for a job as a radio board runner for a morning show? broadcast-media radio radio-broadcasting...

radio-host

Dan A.’s Avatar
Dan A. Aug 16, 2016 881 views

What is the best way to get into Radio?

Hi! Where I live, the options of going into radio aren't exactly the "cool thing" to do. For example parent's, teachers, and peers would rather be doing something that encompasses more of a "stable" job such as a doctor or an engineer. What do you suggest to someone who has an authentic...

radio-host radio-broadcasting radio

Malcolm  H.’s Avatar
Malcolm H. May 26, 2016 503 views

Is having a sense of moral accountability important in the entertainment industry?

With the many movies, tv movies, and social media we often times see artist conforming to the negative ways of society. I know that it may not be intentional but a lot of times artist and celebrities do things that aren't exactly moral in order to keep the fame photography theatre actor...

films singer television model radio

Wesley J.’s Avatar
Wesley J. May 21, 2016 533 views

What are the most important classes to take while trying to obtain a mass communication degree?

i am a student who is a mass communication major trying to understand what courses i should take. broadcast-media...

radio

Cole M.’s Avatar
Cole M. May 21, 2016 487 views

What is the best way to expand your brand in the radio industry?

I'm going into my Sophomore year of college and have extensive work in the radio and journalism industry already. My website continues to grow along with my social media following, but the radio numbers have remained rather stagnant. I'm looking for a way to expand my brand in radio since that...

radio broadcast-media journalism politics economics

Cole M.’s Avatar
Cole M. May 21, 2016 492 views

In radio and online journalism, what is the way to avoid copyright issues?

Going into my sophomore year, I am a radio host and have a website with 40 writers or so and have had issues with copyright laws before. I want to know how to post photos and use material without breaking the bank. law radio broadcast...

radio-broadcasting

Hunter A.’s Avatar
Hunter A. May 17, 2016 624 views

What is the best way to begin searching for internships?

Majoring in film, wondering how I should begin to go about looking for internships? film television media radio...

production

Kristina H.’s Avatar
Kristina H. Dec 15, 2014 1377 views

What is the best part about being a radio and television announcer?

I am very interested in becoming a radio or television announcer. I am a senior and off to college in the fall to a four year liberal arts school. I will be taking a few classes in college for business and communications. I am thrilled and interred with the behind the scenes of radio and TV...

radio-host radio-broadcasting television broadcast-television radio

RJ A.’s Avatar
RJ A. Dec 04, 2014 1393 views

What is the average salary for a broadcast journalist or sports radio host?

I am a junior at Boston Collegiate Charter School who is interested in a career in broadcast journalism after college sports radio radio-host...

boston-sports

Jennifer B.’s Avatar
Jennifer B. Oct 02, 2014 745 views

Are there any internships at radio stations?

I am asking this question because I am interested in being a radio personality and I love what they do. radio radio-host...

presenter