Career Questions tagged Radio Host

Alexander G.’s Avatar
Alexander G. Jan 22, 2018 321 views

How does a student with no previous experience get a job in radio?

I'm interested in working at one of my local radio stations as a job during college and I'm not sure what jobs I would have at an entry level. Would working at my new college's radio help? Do those stations usually pay? What does the salary of those entry level jobs look like? #radio...

#college-radio #radio-host

Dan A.’s Avatar
Dan A. Aug 16, 2016 596 views

What to study or do over the summer for a DJ-tech radio person?

What do you suggest a high-school student do over the summer to increase their chances for being selected out of a large pool of other applicants for a job as a radio board runner for a morning show? #broadcast-media #radio #radio-broadcasting...

#radio-host

Dan A.’s Avatar
Dan A. Aug 16, 2016 807 views

What is the best way to get into Radio?

Hi! Where I live, the options of going into radio aren't exactly the "cool thing" to do. For example parent's, teachers, and peers would rather be doing something that encompasses more of a "stable" job such as a doctor or an engineer. What do you suggest to someone who has an authentic...

#radio-broadcasting #radio-host #radio

Marcos M.’s Avatar
Marcos M. May 19, 2016 400 views

What is the DAW of choice for engineers in the field of Mass Communications, i.e radio

I would like to know which program to use and become efficient in when I enter the radio broadcasting industry. #radio-broadcasting #radio-host #broadband-networks...

#public-radio

Gabriel M.’s Avatar
Gabriel M. Mar 24, 2015 847 views

What would be the best time to go into the field of becoming an announcer for radio or television, and try to maintain keeping good grades in college?

I am a athlete, I love the game of basketball, but I also love being in the camera. I know how to be a host because I host a lot of shows before and I am not scared of crowds, especially when it comes to talking about real life situations or about music; or sports. I am asking my question...

#oral-communication #public-speaking #business #television #radio-host #announcer

Kristina H.’s Avatar
Kristina H. Dec 15, 2014 1147 views

What is the best part about being a radio and television announcer?

I am very interested in becoming a radio or television announcer. I am a senior and off to college in the fall to a four year liberal arts school. I will be taking a few classes in college for business and communications. I am thrilled and interred with the behind the scenes of radio and TV...

#radio #radio-broadcasting #broadcast-television #television #radio-host

RJ A.’s Avatar
RJ A. Dec 04, 2014 1246 views

What is the average salary for a broadcast journalist or sports radio host?

I am a junior at Boston Collegiate Charter School who is interested in a career in broadcast journalism after college #sports #radio #radio-host...

#boston-sports

Jennifer B.’s Avatar
Jennifer B. Oct 02, 2014 685 views

Are there any internships at radio stations?

I am asking this question because I am interested in being a radio personality and I love what they do. #radio #radio-host...

#presenter