Career Questions tagged Television

Jailine P.’s Avatar
Jailine P. Jun 12 44 views

How to become a screenwriter?

I’m interested in pursuing screenwriting for shows and films. What would entering this industry look like? What education/experience would I need? Thank you #film #television #writing...

#entertainment

chloe G.’s Avatar
chloe G. Jun 08 30 views

How do I get started in the production industry- specifically film?

I am a high schooler and I'm extremely interested in film and television. I know it's what I want to pursue when I'm older. I like the behind the scenes jobs and I think I would be a really good fit for a producer. #film #television...

#production

Anil bhattarai B.’s Avatar
Anil bhattarai B. Sep 14, 2020 307 views
Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Dec 04, 2019 187 views

What is a regular day like for a television company employee

I want to go to VCUarts and do the cinema program to hopefully work for a television or movie company. #career #television...

#movie

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Sep 24, 2019 208 views

As a radio or television announcer, could you describe one of your typical workdays?

Could you describe one of your typical workdays? What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis? What parts of your job do you find most challenging? What do find most enjoyable? Are there any negatives to your job? How many hours do you work in a typical week? Which...

#job-search #television #radio #career #job

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 155 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. #film #art #education...

#television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 241 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. #film #television #education...

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 253 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Dafne T.’s Avatar
Dafne T. Jul 02, 2019 200 views

What are the requirements for a television host?

The position I want is based on being a host of a show or reality show #tv #television...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 349 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

#television

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 2541 views

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? #film #film-acting #film-acting #film-editing #television #movies...

#production #cinematography

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. Aug 28, 2018 238 views

How can I stand out in the competitive world of filmmaking and its environment?

It is a very competitive field in which there are many people but not everyone succeeds, As an international female student how can a stand out from the rest? #film #directing #nyu...

#television

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018 299 views
Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 19, 2018 242 views
Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 375 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

#acting #television #nyu #film-acting #theatre #musical-theatre

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017 574 views

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...

#entertainment #music #television #radio

Ahmad L.’s Avatar
Ahmad L. May 17, 2016 717 views
Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 404 views

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream #netflix #writer #screenwriting #film #film-production #television...

#television-production

sindhu C.’s Avatar
sindhu C. May 03, 2016 808 views
Rita V.’s Avatar
Rita V. Sep 28, 2017 414 views

If you want to work with animation and developing a cartoon TV show do you have to take different art classes that require you to draw realistically?

My dream is to have my own cartoon show one day but I am only capable of drawing cartoons, I struggle when my teachers assigns me to draw realistically. #animation #cartooning #tvshow #television #artist...

#drawing

Audrey L.’s Avatar
Audrey L. May 27, 2016 966 views

How important is attending film school in boosting one's chance of breaking into the film/television industry? I've heard debates on both sides but am still undecided as to whether it is a good investment.

I have been accepted into a prestigious film school that will require me and my parents to take on loans in order to meet the half of the tuition/board. Would it be better to major in a more lucrative area and try to do film on the side? I already have had experience in screenwriting,...

#film #television #undecided

Marcos M.’s Avatar
Marcos M. May 19, 2016 746 views

Does getting a degree in Photography branch out into usable skills like videography?

I am wondering what my options are with a one-dimensional degree to branch out into other fields like mass communications or the movie industry. #film #television #videography #movie-production #personal-development...

#career-details

Caleb G.’s Avatar
Caleb G. May 10, 2016 602 views

Broadcaster salary?

How much do u get paid for it? #television #broadcast-media #people...

#financial-planning