Career Questions tagged Television

Mallory C.’s Avatar
Mallory C. Aug 03 74 views

What is the best way to start making films?

I dream of being a film maker and being able to raise awareness for many issues through film. film...

television

MaKaylah S.’s Avatar
MaKaylah S. Jul 15 67 views

What is it like being a camera operator?

Hello! I am very interested in pursuing a career as a camera operator! I have some experience working with robotic cameras at church as a volunteer, and believe this is something I would enjoy doing as an actual job. What are some things I should know if I want to pursue this industry?...

broadcast cameras television film

Jailine P.’s Avatar
Jailine P. Jun 12 153 views

How to become a screenwriter?

I’m interested in pursuing screenwriting for shows and films. What would entering this industry look like? What education/experience would I need? Thank you film television writing...

entertainment

chloe G.’s Avatar
chloe G. Jun 08 68 views

How do I get started in the production industry- specifically film?

I am a high schooler and I'm extremely interested in film and television. I know it's what I want to pursue when I'm older. I like the behind the scenes jobs and I think I would be a really good fit for a producer. film television...

production

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Dec 04, 2019 224 views

What is a regular day like for a television company employee

I want to go to VCUarts and do the cinema program to hopefully work for a television or movie company. career television...

movie

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Sep 24, 2019 268 views

As a radio or television announcer, could you describe one of your typical workdays?

Could you describe one of your typical workdays? What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis? What parts of your job do you find most challenging? What do find most enjoyable? Are there any negatives to your job? How many hours do you work in a typical week? Which...

radio job-search television job career

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 195 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. film art education...

television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 281 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. film television education...

college

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 301 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? film movies editing film-editing performing-arts # television...

production

Dafne T.’s Avatar
Dafne T. Jul 02, 2019 242 views

What are the requirements for a television host?

The position I want is based on being a host of a show or reality show tv television...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 377 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? majors film film-production cinematography film-schools film-acting...

television

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 2806 views

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? film film-acting film-acting film-editing television movies...

cinematography production

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. Aug 28, 2018 269 views

How can I stand out in the competitive world of filmmaking and its environment?

It is a very competitive field in which there are many people but not everyone succeeds, As an international female student how can a stand out from the rest? film directing nyu...

television

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 403 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

film-acting nyu musical-theatre acting theatre television

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017 608 views

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...

entertainment television radio music

Ahmad L.’s Avatar
Ahmad L. May 17, 2016 752 views
Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 433 views

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream netflix writer screenwriting film film-production television...

television-production

sindhu C.’s Avatar
sindhu C. May 03, 2016 836 views
Rita V.’s Avatar
Rita V. Sep 28, 2017 449 views

If you want to work with animation and developing a cartoon TV show do you have to take different art classes that require you to draw realistically?

My dream is to have my own cartoon show one day but I am only capable of drawing cartoons, I struggle when my teachers assigns me to draw realistically. animation cartooning tvshow television artist...

drawing