Career Questions tagged Television

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Dafne T.’s Avatar
Dafne T. Jul 02

What are the requirements for a television host?

The position I want is based on being a host of a show or reality show #tv #television...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

#television

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? #film #film-acting #film-acting #film-editing #television #movies...

#cinematography #production

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. Aug 28, 2018

How can I stand out in the competitive world of filmmaking and its environment?

It is a very competitive field in which there are many people but not everyone succeeds, As an international female student how can a stand out from the rest? #film #directing #nyu...

#television

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018
Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 19, 2018
Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

#theatre #film-acting #nyu #acting #television #musical-theatre

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...

#radio #entertainment #music #television

Ahmad L.’s Avatar
Ahmad L. May 17, 2016

What do I need to do right now dealing with sports to help me push to become a sports broadcaster?

What do i need to do right now dealing with sports to help me push to become a sports broadcaster. #teacher #sports #broadcast #espn #university-of-florida #athletics #broadcast-media #college...

#television

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream #netflix #writer #screenwriting #film #film-production #television...

#television-production

sindhu C.’s Avatar
sindhu C. May 03, 2016

How do I become a program anchor?

i have completed 10th std in India, and I am interested in anchoring. #program #anchor #media #television #career...

#career-counseling

Rita V.’s Avatar
Rita V. Sep 28, 2017

If you want to work with animation and developing a cartoon TV show do you have to take different art classes that require you to draw realistically?

My dream is to have my own cartoon show one day but I am only capable of drawing cartoons, I struggle when my teachers assigns me to draw realistically. #animation #cartooning #tvshow #television #artist...

#drawing

Audrey L.’s Avatar
Audrey L. May 27, 2016

How important is attending film school in boosting one's chance of breaking into the film/television industry? I've heard debates on both sides but am still undecided as to whether it is a good investment.

I have been accepted into a prestigious film school that will require me and my parents to take on loans in order to meet the half of the tuition/board. Would it be better to major in a more lucrative area and try to do film on the side? I already have had experience in screenwriting,...

#film #undecided #television

Marcos M.’s Avatar
Marcos M. May 19, 2016

Does getting a degree in Photography branch out into usable skills like videography?

I am wondering what my options are with a one-dimensional degree to branch out into other fields like mass communications or the movie industry. #film #television #videography #movie-production #personal-development...

#career-details

Caleb G.’s Avatar
Caleb G. May 10, 2016

Broadcaster salary?

How much do u get paid for it? #television #broadcast-media #people...

#financial-planning

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. May 21, 2016

What one essential skill do you feel every music supervisor should have?

I am an aspiring music supervisor and, because the field is so unique, education options to prepare me are limited. I have taken a film music class but I would like to hear from experts what they really look for in these individuals and what might help me stand apart from others in my field....

#film #music #television #personal-development

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 11, 2016

What does it take to be on the marketing team on ESPN?

I am a college student interested in pursuing a career in marketing and I love sports! ESPN seems like it would be a great fit for me. Can somebody give some insights? I would love to hear from someone who works there! #college #sports #television #sports-marketing #espn...

#sport-network

ethel A.’s Avatar
ethel A. Aug 22, 2016

How likely is it to be a sports commentator?

i have always wanted to be one but i would like to know the likelihood of pursuing that career. #sports #television #sports-journalism...

#sports-broadcasting

Taylor S.’s Avatar
Taylor S. Aug 13, 2016

What are other job options for me if I don't make it as a field reporter?

If I want to become a sports news anchor (on the field at games), what are some other jobs you think I should consider? I heard that there are a lot of options in this field but I'm not sure how to learn what they are or learn about what exactly they do and how it relates to a reporter's...

#espn #sports #broadcast-media #reporter #television

Taylor S.’s Avatar
Taylor S. Aug 13, 2016

What did your path to becoming a field sports newscaster/reporter look like?

I think it would be super fun to be on the field of professional sports games and interview the coaches, players, and others. What does it take to get into sports reporting? I'm interested to hear what your path looked like and whether you have advice for young people like me about how best to...

#espn #sports-broadcasting #sports #broadcast-media #television

Hussain G.’s Avatar
Hussain G. Jun 25, 2016

If I want to become a tele presenter, what courses should I opt for?

I want to become a Tele presenter. #acting #actor #television #movies #presentations...

#improv-acting

Audrey L.’s Avatar
Audrey L. May 27, 2016

Which city do you think is the best for a new graduate with a BFA in Film/TV production to begin her career--LA or NYC? I am interested in writing for television as well as making independent films one day.

I have been accepted to a prestigious film school within a major university in NY. I am thinking ahead to summer internships and post-graduation. I know LA is considered the entertainment capital of the world and I'd love to live there for a while. However, I heard that it is incredibly...

#film #television #career-plan

mallory G.’s Avatar
mallory G. May 27, 2016

How can I find grant funding to develop a short film?

Theater is my major and I would like to combine my love for acting and travel into a short film. #film #television...

#theater

Malcolm  H.’s Avatar
Malcolm H. May 26, 2016

Is having a sense of moral accountability important in the entertainment industry?

With the many movies, tv movies, and social media we often times see artist conforming to the negative ways of society. I know that it may not be intentional but a lot of times artist and celebrities do things that aren't exactly moral in order to keep the fame #photography #theatre #actor...

#films #model #television #radio #singer

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. May 23, 2016

How competitive is the TV field?

Because I wish to pursue a career in TV field and I feel like I should become aware of what exactly I am getting into and the chances of me succeeding and failing. #sports #football #television #television-production...

#television-producer

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. May 23, 2016

what do employers look for when it comes to hiring a director/producer?

I want to be an NFL director/producer and I feel that I should probably have a background that impresses a employer. #television #director #producer #employer-relations #tv-production...

#television-producer

Ashton M.’s Avatar
Ashton M. May 21, 2016

What's one good piece of advice you'd give to an actor to be successful during college?

I feel like I don't know enough about what it takes to succeed college as an actor. I want to be successful in and out of college. Actors have a hard road ahead of them but it would be great to know the best things for the actor to do to achieve both professional and personal success. Thank...

#film #theatre #film-acting #actor #college #college-major #television

Monique B.’s Avatar
Monique B. May 21, 2016

Considering my major is broadcast journalism I only need two years of college, if I want to attend college all four years is that bad?

I believe knowledge is power the more the better. I also feel like me being more educated would land me a job quicker once I graduate. #journalism #television #broadcast-media...

#radio-broadcasting