Career Questions tagged Television

Kevin H.’s Avatar
Kevin H. Jan 07 40 views

What is a television reporter a explanation oh what they do and what dose a day in life of one look like?

Its my first time using this website and my first question would be what dose a day in life of a television reporter really look like in the real world? Another thing is that what is a television reporter and what do they do? Television...

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 69 views

Are there any nonprofit organizations that help you produce a short film, feature film, or documentary?

I am considering going back to school to achieve my masters in drama therapy and/or MFT. In the meantime, I would like to get some experience with film making/screenwriting and possibly get help funding the project. Any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend? film...

filmmaking shortfilm moviedirector movie actors television movieproducer film-acting filmschool

Mallory C.’s Avatar
Mallory C. Aug 03, 2021 125 views

What is the best way to start making films?

I dream of being a film maker and being able to raise awareness for many issues through film. film...

television

MaKaylah S.’s Avatar
MaKaylah S. Jul 15, 2021 117 views

What is it like being a camera operator?

Hello! I am very interested in pursuing a career as a camera operator! I have some experience working with robotic cameras at church as a volunteer, and believe this is something I would enjoy doing as an actual job. What are some things I should know if I want to pursue this industry?...

broadcast cameras film television

Jailine P.’s Avatar
Jailine P. Jun 12, 2021 229 views

How to become a screenwriter?

I’m interested in pursuing screenwriting for shows and films. What would entering this industry look like? What education/experience would I need? Thank you film television writing...

entertainment

chloe G.’s Avatar
chloe G. Jun 08, 2021 112 views

How do I get started in the production industry- specifically film?

I am a high schooler and I'm extremely interested in film and television. I know it's what I want to pursue when I'm older. I like the behind the scenes jobs and I think I would be a really good fit for a producer. film television...

production

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Dec 04, 2019 263 views

What is a regular day like for a television company employee

I want to go to VCUarts and do the cinema program to hopefully work for a television or movie company. career television...

movie

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Sep 24, 2019 316 views

As a radio or television announcer, could you describe one of your typical workdays?

Could you describe one of your typical workdays? What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis? What parts of your job do you find most challenging? What do find most enjoyable? Are there any negatives to your job? How many hours do you work in a typical week? Which...

career job television job-search radio

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 232 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. film art education...

television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 317 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. film television education...

college

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 353 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? film movies editing film-editing performing-arts # television...

production

Dafne T.’s Avatar
Dafne T. Jul 02, 2019 302 views

What are the requirements for a television host?

The position I want is based on being a host of a show or reality show tv Television...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 418 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? majors film film-production cinematography film-schools film-acting...

television

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 3043 views

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? film film-acting film-acting film-editing television movies...

production cinematography

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. Aug 28, 2018 316 views

How can I stand out in the competitive world of filmmaking and its environment?

It is a very competitive field in which there are many people but not everyone succeeds, As an international female student how can a stand out from the rest? film directing NYU...

television

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 440 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

film-acting nyu television theatre musical-theatre acting

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017 668 views

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...

music entertainment television radio

Ahmad L.’s Avatar
Ahmad L. May 17, 2016 810 views
Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 477 views

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream netflix writer screenwriting film film-production television...

television-production