Career Questions tagged Television

Bartholomew Davis IV W.’s Avatar
Bartholomew Davis IV W. May 05 102 views

What are you most proud of in your career so far?

I am doing some research on the career of Producers/Directors.

Sean H.’s Avatar
Sean H. Apr 27 157 views

5 questions about being a special effects artist

1 How much pressure is on an artist?
2 What is the usual amount of time to complete a project?
3 How many artists work on a project?
4 What is the highest tier of this kind of job?
5 How do you grow your skills beyond whats needed?

Kevin H.’s Avatar
Kevin H. Jan 07 114 views

What is a television reporter a explanation oh what they do and what dose a day in life of one look like?

Its my first time using this website and my first question would be what dose a day in life of a television reporter really look like in the real world? Another thing is that what is a television reporter and what do they do? #Television reporter

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 150 views

Are there any nonprofit organizations that help you produce a short film, feature film, or documentary?

I am considering going back to school to achieve my masters in drama therapy and/or MFT. In the meantime, I would like to get some experience with film making/screenwriting and possibly get help funding the project. Any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend? #film...

Lauryn K.’s Avatar
Lauryn K. Sep 18, 2021 275 views

As an aspiring film editor, how do I build my portfolio so people actually know that I can edit?

#film #editing #cinema #portfolio #videos #projects #filmediting #television

Mallory C.’s Avatar
Mallory C. Aug 03, 2021 191 views

What is the best way to start making films?

I dream of being a film maker and being able to raise awareness for many issues through film. #film #television

MaKaylah S.’s Avatar
MaKaylah S. Jul 15, 2021 235 views

What is it like being a camera operator?

Hello! I am very interested in pursuing a career as a camera operator! I have some experience working with robotic cameras at church as a volunteer, and believe this is something I would enjoy doing as an actual job. What are some things I should know if I want to pursue this industry?...

Jailine P.’s Avatar
Jailine P. Jun 12, 2021 354 views

How to become a screenwriter?

I’m interested in pursuing screenwriting for shows and films. What would entering this industry look like? What education/experience would I need? Thank you

#film #television #writing #entertainment

chloe G.’s Avatar
chloe G. Jun 08, 2021 184 views

How do I get started in the production industry- specifically film?

I am a high schooler and I'm extremely interested in film and television. I know it's what I want to pursue when I'm older. I like the behind the scenes jobs and I think I would be a really good fit for a producer. #film #television #production

trevaire B.’s Avatar
trevaire B. Jun 03, 2021 200 views

what college is best for becoming a director

#director #television #experience

Anil bhattarai B.’s Avatar
Anil bhattarai B. Sep 14, 2020 489 views

How do I get a job in TV program management?

#program #television #management

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jul 20, 2020 301 views

What degree should I get if I want to be a Film Director / Producer?

#director #film #film-acting #television #film-production

Ruby J.’s Avatar
Ruby J. Jul 19, 2020 286 views

I discovered that I am really interested in Film and Television and my family would like it if I studied law instead, is it possible to do both of these and still manage to balance them

#JULY 2020 #film #journalism #television #law

Ruby J.’s Avatar
Ruby J. Jun 06, 2020 336 views

How can I get a good international scholarship to study arts preferably Film and Television and writing

#writing #television #art #actors

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Dec 04, 2019 380 views

What is a regular day like for a television company employee

I want to go to VCUarts and do the cinema program to hopefully work for a television or movie company. #career #television #movie

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 344 views

How do I become noticeable in the film industry?

#film #television #actors #film-acting #acting

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 290 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. #film #art #education #television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 25, 2019 322 views

What college courses should i take for film

I like to film nature #television #actors #college #film

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Sep 24, 2019 374 views

As a radio or television announcer, could you describe one of your typical workdays?

Could you describe one of your typical workdays? What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis? What parts of your job do you find most challenging? What do find most enjoyable? Are there any negatives to your job? How many hours do you work in a typical week? Which...

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 392 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. #film #television #education #college

Dafne T.’s Avatar
Dafne T. Jul 02, 2019 357 views

What are the requirements for a television host?

The position I want is based on being a host of a show or reality show
#tv
#Television host

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 417 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities?
Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another?
#film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television #production

Ang B.’s Avatar
Ang B. Sep 17, 2018 853 views

I want to be a cartoon or tv show creator (creator/writer- not animator) What are the best things to major in for this career? What are the best colleges to go to?

#art #major #college-major #college #cartoon #TV #television #writing #creative #creator #cartoon-creator #cartoon-writer #TV-show-writer #Television-Writer #writer

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 477 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 3287 views

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? #film #film-acting #film-acting #film-editing #television #movies...

Ana G.’s Avatar
Ana G. Aug 28, 2018 363 views

How can I stand out in the competitive world of filmmaking and its environment?

It is a very competitive field in which there are many people but not everyone succeeds, As an international female student how can a stand out from the rest?

#film
#directing
#NYU
#television

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018 449 views

If I wanted to purse a career in the arts like Photography, or film what would be the best way to achieve that dream and what courses would you suggest I take in college?

How can I get to a point where I can be successful in the photography or film industry? # Film #film-production #film-editing #television

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 19, 2018 357 views

what is the best way to get in screen writing and directing?

#films #television #music

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 485 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017 736 views

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...