Career Questions tagged Screenwriting

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jan 10, 2018 231 views

What can I do now to get involved with screenplay and directing?

I am a ninth grader in Oakland, California. Right now I am attending an art school where my focus is writing. We have many great opportunities to publish and start building a portfolio. I would love to be a #director and #screen-writer. I was wondering if there were any programs/#internships I...

#directing #screenwriting

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Mar 19, 2018 208 views

What field to study to make movies?

I'd like to write and direct #movies but I don't think I'm going to go to film school, I think I can study it online and by books, but I do wanna study in college because I am interested in human psychology and culture, so I was wondering what major is best to get to know humans and how they...

#screenwriting

Kelsey E.’s Avatar
Kelsey E. Jan 22, 2018 299 views

How can you make a living off of being a writer? How do you become an established writer?

I've loved writing since the second grade and it has always been my dream goal to be a writer. However, since I know writing is not an easy career path to go down, I tend to lose inspiration for writing. I have other options in my mind, but if I want to stick with writing, I feel I need to know...

#write #author #screenwriting #writing

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 400 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

#double-major #author #writing-and-editing #dual-career #news-writing #creative-writing #genetics #career-path #writing #science-fiction #biomedical-engineering #fiction-writing #career-choice #publishing #technical-writing #communications #biomedical-science #copy-editing #english #creative-non-fiction #career-decisions #grant-writing #proposal-writing #editor #multiple-interests #fiction #screenwriting

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 469 views

What if I don't want to go to college, can I still be successful?

I have read on various websites that I do not need to waste time and money on college if I want to start screenwriting so I cam curious to know is it fine to skip college and get started #screenwriting #writer #writing...

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 298 views

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream #netflix #writer #screenwriting #film #film-production #television...

#television-production

Guillermo C.’s Avatar
Guillermo C. Oct 01, 2017 308 views

When did you know you wanted to become a screenwriter?

I have been thinking about becoming a screenwriter for some time. I love the idea of telling stories and educating the general public. #movies...

#screenwriting

Thomas Q.’s Avatar
Thomas Q. Sep 03, 2017 356 views

How hard is it to get one of your own projects up and running in the Film industry ?

I'm considering going into Film/screenwriting in College in 2018-9, and I was wondering how hard it is to produce your own feature film from the ground up, as an independent production. #film #independent-films...

#screenwriting

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 449 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

#choosing-a-college #graduating #college #screenwriting #graduate-school

Charles V.’s Avatar
Charles V. May 22, 2016 533 views

How do I properly convey my filmmaking visions, and to whom?

Independent filmmaking is taking the world by storm, the internet age promoting positive advertisement, wild kickstarter projects, and a wide berth for viewing. I have so many ideas for feature-length documentaries and narrative shorts, ideas solidified in scripts and outlines. I'm simply not...

#film #film-making #screenwriting #writing #pitching #documentary-series #presenting #film-production

Charles V.’s Avatar
Charles V. May 22, 2016 583 views

As a creative moving from a small town to a large city, what's the most important use of my time this summer?

I'm a small town writer/filmmaker, and I plan to transfer to Columbia College Chicago. Should I be indulging my creative side, or working on more practical skills, like business, communication, and finances (or simply learning to shop for groceries, fix a car, cook better food)? I am employed...

#film #time-management #portfolio-management #creative-management #writing #creative #screenwriting #film-production

Hot C.’s Avatar
Hot C. Sep 02, 2015 663 views

What Californian colleges are the best fit to give Majors on Cinematography and Film design?

I aspire to study and eventually become a screenwriter/producer/ and cinematographer later in life. I find it best to find a wide range of cinematic horizons before I enter college and declare, or at least decide on a solid major. #film #cinematography #screenwriting...

#screenplay

Makayla B.’s Avatar
Makayla B. Feb 26, 2015 609 views

What are the best film schools?

I am going to school form film and I really want to know which film school is the best to go to for screenplay and script writing. #film #screenwriting...

#screenplay

Briana D.’s Avatar
Briana D. Mar 26, 2014 785 views

How can I as a young writer get my work published or acknowledged?

I am a writer at heart, and I'm equally passionate about writing as I am about journalism, and audio/recording engineering. However, writing is a passion that I never want to lose sight of because this is something I'm really good and I have so much potential to grow in this field of work. I...

#film #books #writing #independent-films #creative #screenwriting