Career Questions tagged Screenwriting

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 679 views

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

jesussaves college job filmmaker choosing-a-college graduate-school entertainment college-major film-production career producer graduating student screenwriting

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jan 10, 2018 408 views

What can I do now to get involved with screenplay and directing?

I am a ninth grader in Oakland, California. Right now I am attending an art school where my focus is writing. We have many great opportunities to publish and start building a portfolio. I would love to be a director and screen-writer. I was wondering if there were any programs/internships I...

directing screenwriting

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Mar 19, 2018 338 views

What field to study to make movies?

I'd like to write and direct movies but I don't think I'm going to go to film school, I think I can study it online and by books, but I do wanna study in college because I am interested in human psychology and culture, so I was wondering what major is best to get to know humans and how they...

screenwriting

Kelsey E.’s Avatar
Kelsey E. Jan 22, 2018 461 views

How can you make a living off of being a writer? How do you become an established writer?

I've loved writing since the second grade and it has always been my dream goal to be a writer. However, since I know writing is not an easy career path to go down, I tend to lose inspiration for writing. I have other options in my mind, but if I want to stick with writing, I feel I need to know...

author writing write screenwriting

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 17, 2018 607 views

Is there a profession out there that's an equal balance between creative writing/publishing and biomedical science?

I am torn between majoring in English and Biomedical Science/Engineering. I love to write stories and strive to become an editor for a publishing company/fiction author or screenwriter, but I also love genetics and would love to be a genetic engineer and researcher (see the details from my...

genetics career-decisions career-path creative-writing career-choice publishing biomedical-engineering science-fiction english proposal-writing fiction-writing biomedical-science copy-editing author writing-and-editing writing double-major news-writing communications creative-non-fiction grant-writing multiple-interests technical-writing fiction editor dual-career screenwriting

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 661 views

What if I don't want to go to college, can I still be successful?

I have read on various websites that I do not need to waste time and money on college if I want to start screenwriting so I cam curious to know is it fine to skip college and get started screenwriting writer writing...

college

Dylan W.’s Avatar
Dylan W. Oct 12, 2017 456 views

What can I do to start my career?

I want to become a writer for Netflix, and I want to know the steps it takes to achieve my dream netflix writer screenwriting film film-production television...

television-production

Guillermo C.’s Avatar
Guillermo C. Oct 01, 2017 444 views

When did you know you wanted to become a screenwriter?

I have been thinking about becoming a screenwriter for some time. I love the idea of telling stories and educating the general public. movies...

screenwriting

Thomas Q.’s Avatar
Thomas Q. Sep 03, 2017 490 views

How hard is it to get one of your own projects up and running in the Film industry ?

I'm considering going into Film/screenwriting in College in 2018-9, and I was wondering how hard it is to produce your own feature film from the ground up, as an independent production. film independent-films...

screenwriting

Charles V.’s Avatar
Charles V. May 22, 2016 690 views

How do I properly convey my filmmaking visions, and to whom?

Independent filmmaking is taking the world by storm, the internet age promoting positive advertisement, wild kickstarter projects, and a wide berth for viewing. I have so many ideas for feature-length documentaries and narrative shorts, ideas solidified in scripts and outlines. I'm simply not...

film screenwriting writing documentary-series film-making pitching film-production presenting

Charles V.’s Avatar
Charles V. May 22, 2016 723 views

As a creative moving from a small town to a large city, what's the most important use of my time this summer?

I'm a small town writer/filmmaker, and I plan to transfer to Columbia College Chicago. Should I be indulging my creative side, or working on more practical skills, like business, communication, and finances (or simply learning to shop for groceries, fix a car, cook better food)? I am employed...

film portfolio-management writing creative-management creative time-management film-production screenwriting

Hot C.’s Avatar
Hot C. Sep 02, 2015 826 views

What Californian colleges are the best fit to give Majors on Cinematography and Film design?

I aspire to study and eventually become a screenwriter/producer/ and cinematographer later in life. I find it best to find a wide range of cinematic horizons before I enter college and declare, or at least decide on a solid major. film cinematography screenwriting...

screenplay

Makayla B.’s Avatar
Makayla B. Feb 26, 2015 726 views

What are the best film schools?

I am going to school form film and I really want to know which film school is the best to go to for screenplay and script writing. film screenwriting...

screenplay

Briana D.’s Avatar
Briana D. Mar 26, 2014 903 views

How can I as a young writer get my work published or acknowledged?

I am a writer at heart, and I'm equally passionate about writing as I am about journalism, and audio/recording engineering. However, writing is a passion that I never want to lose sight of because this is something I'm really good and I have so much potential to grow in this field of work. I...

film creative screenwriting writing independent-films books