Career Questions tagged Portfolio Management

Armando’s Avatar
Armando Jun 11, 2022 343 views

Hedge Fund

Any recommended pathways for someone that aspires to become a Hedge Fund Portfolio Manager?

Kelvin’s Avatar
Kelvin Apr 10, 2022 446 views

What is the typical work and life balance for a portfolio manager?

I have heard that portfolio managers work up to 80 hours per week.

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Jan 13, 2018 566 views

Other than samples of my writing, what is appropriate to be included in my portfolio and/or resume?

I am an adult-learner entering an entirely new field of employment. I am a paralegal student and am beginning to put together a portfolio. Samples of my writing will be included (case brief, legal memo, client letter, etc.), but I would like to know if it is appropriate for me to include...

Noah’s Avatar
Noah Sep 01, 2017 545 views

If Im going to apply to art colleges, should I focus more on my art portfolio or taking and retaking my SAT and ACT?

#art #portfolio-management #sat

Timothy’s Avatar
Timothy May 24, 2017 786 views

How do I create my first Portfolio?

Hello, I wanted to know what should be included in my first portfolio? More specifically a portfolio for my artwork. I am not positive on a specific Job to build my portfolio around yet but some of the career paths that I am interested in relate to concept art for video games/movies,...

Anush Reddy’s Avatar
Anush Reddy Sep 12, 2016 909 views

How to find Jobs after doing Masters in Computer Science

I am doing Masters in CS from University of Houston. I wanted to Know how to look for Jobs after masters #college #computer-software #career #programming #job-search #resume #portfolio-management

Amy’s Avatar
Amy Aug 09, 2016 975 views

What is the education path to become a portfolio manager and what is the salary range?

I was curious about the career. #career #salary #portfolio-management #financial-planning

Amy’s Avatar
Amy Aug 09, 2016 912 views

What are the job duties of a portfolio manager?

I was curious about this. #career #portfolio-management

Amy’s Avatar
Amy Aug 09, 2016 845 views

What is the daily job duty of a portfolio manager?

I was curious about this profession. #finance #economics #portfolio-management

Oliver’s Avatar
Oliver Jul 12, 2016 1039 views

How and Where to gain Industry Project Management experience as a volunteer, while still working in academia?

I am a postdoc fellow in life sciences. I have been in a lab doing bench work for years and this is not as much fun and exciting as it used to be. Now, I am looking at my options, trying to figure out what my next move should be; I have just started learning on my own what PM is and would like...

Laurel’s Avatar
Laurel May 23, 2016 1059 views

With seemingly a decreasing number of women in the IT Field, besides a related degree, do you recommend a specific minor and/or specialized certifications/qualifications to ensure that I will stand out among other graduates entering the work force?

I will be a female college freshman in the fall. I am majoring in computer information systems and love the ability to organize by creating and using software applications/databases. I also hope to have a lucrative career with flexible hours so that I will have an opportunity to be a great...

Charles’s Avatar
Charles May 22, 2016 835 views

As a creative moving from a small town to a large city, what's the most important use of my time this summer?

I'm a small town writer/filmmaker, and I plan to transfer to Columbia College Chicago. Should I be indulging my creative side, or working on more practical skills, like business, communication, and finances (or simply learning to shop for groceries, fix a car, cook better food)? I am employed...