Career Questions tagged Portfolio Management

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 392 views

Other than samples of my writing, what is appropriate to be included in my portfolio and/or resume?

I am an adult-learner entering an entirely new field of employment. I am a paralegal student and am beginning to put together a portfolio. Samples of my writing will be included (case brief, legal memo, client letter, etc.), but I would like to know if it is appropriate for me to include...

law women-in-law paralegal portfolio-management resume paralegals

Timothy G.’s Avatar
Timothy G. May 24, 2017 628 views

How do I create my first Portfolio?

Hello, I wanted to know what should be included in my first portfolio? More specifically a portfolio for my artwork. I am not positive on a specific Job to build my portfolio around yet but some of the career paths that I am interested in relate to concept art for video games/movies,...

career-advice portfolio portfolio-management career-details concept-design artist-portfolio job-application artist career-choice career

Anush Reddy N.’s Avatar
Anush Reddy N. Sep 12, 2016 794 views

How to find Jobs after doing Masters in Computer Science

I am doing Masters in CS from University of Houston. I wanted to Know how to look for Jobs after masters college computer-software career programming job-search resume...

portfolio-management

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Aug 09, 2016 773 views
Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Aug 09, 2016 714 views
Oliver E.’s Avatar
Oliver E. Jul 12, 2016 871 views

How and Where to gain Industry Project Management experience as a volunteer, while still working in academia?

I am a postdoc fellow in life sciences. I have been in a lab doing bench work for years and this is not as much fun and exciting as it used to be. Now, I am looking at my options, trying to figure out what my next move should be; I have just started learning on my own what PM is and would like...

pharmaceuticals life-sciences project-management portfolio-management biotechnology certified-project-manager science

Laurel P.’s Avatar
Laurel P. May 23, 2016 915 views

With seemingly a decreasing number of women in the IT Field, besides a related degree, do you recommend a specific minor and/or specialized certifications/qualifications to ensure that I will stand out among other graduates entering the work force?

I will be a female college freshman in the fall. I am majoring in computer information systems and love the ability to organize by creating and using software applications/databases. I also hope to have a lucrative career with flexible hours so that I will have an opportunity to be a great...

pmo software director databases portfolio-management business women

Charles V.’s Avatar
Charles V. May 22, 2016 722 views

As a creative moving from a small town to a large city, what's the most important use of my time this summer?

I'm a small town writer/filmmaker, and I plan to transfer to Columbia College Chicago. Should I be indulging my creative side, or working on more practical skills, like business, communication, and finances (or simply learning to shop for groceries, fix a car, cook better food)? I am employed...

film portfolio-management writing creative-management creative time-management film-production screenwriting