Career Questions tagged Paralegal

Jane N.’s Avatar
Jane N. Aug 31, 2020 124 views

Paralegal Studies

I've always been interested in law but couldn't afford a law degree. I think the best way would be to become a paralegal but I've been unsuccessfull in finding an online paralegal degree program. I live in a very rural city the nearest city is over an hour away any recommendations for an online...

#paralegal

Jessica R.’s Avatar
Jessica R. Jan 23, 2018 280 views

When you graduated from the paralegal program how hard was it to find your first job?

How is the job market for paralegals currently? I've heard it's increasing but I was wondering how hard it would be for freshly graduated paralegals to find a job over experienced paralegals? Did you find a job soon after graduation or did you end up having to take a regular job for a while...

#paralegal

Jessica R.’s Avatar
Jessica R. Jan 23, 2018 373 views

What is the hardest class in the paralegal program?

I'm going to attend an university to get my bachelors in paralegal studies and I was wondering what I can expect the hardest class/part of being a paralegal is? And did the classes actually help you in your daily job activities? #paralegal...

#university

Princess S.’s Avatar
Princess S. Jan 23, 2018 358 views

Can I become a paralegal with a criminal justice degree? Is a paralegal a stressful job? Can I work independently or is it best to land a position with an attorney?

Becoming a paralegal is something that I have thought deeply about and considered on more than one occasion. As I near the end of my schooling, I am wondering if this position is a as stressful as being a legal secretary (a position I previously held and despised! ) and if I will need to obtain...

#paralegal #criminal-justice #legal

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 311 views

Other than samples of my writing, what is appropriate to be included in my portfolio and/or resume?

I am an adult-learner entering an entirely new field of employment. I am a paralegal student and am beginning to put together a portfolio. Samples of my writing will be included (case brief, legal memo, client letter, etc.), but I would like to know if it is appropriate for me to include...

#resume #paralegal #women-in-law #paralegals #portfolio-management #law

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 370 views

What is the best approach for a paralegal student to secure an internship in a small law firm?

I am currently a student in the Middlesex Community College, Certificate in Paralegal Studies program and will need to secure an internship for myself in the coming semester. I am in need of guidance as to the best way to get an attorney to agree to allow me to perform paralegal duties and not...

#paralegal #law #legal #women-in-law

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 308 views

What specific transferable skills will be beneficial for selling myself in an interview following completion of a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, but with no prior work experience in the field?

For an adult-learner with no prior work experience in the legal field, but completing a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, what specific life skills might I use as transferable skills both on my resume and during an interview? #paralegal #legal #law...

#women-in-law

kim I.’s Avatar
kim I. Dec 10, 2017 385 views

Returning to school after 30 years?

I'm trying to decide whether to continue with school or not. I am going for a Masters in Legal Studies, with the idea that I would be finishing it up about the time I retire (in 4 yrs), and would have it to fall back on in a third career, if I so choose. The program is approved by the American...

#older-students #paralegal #college #masters

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. May 25, 2016 807 views

Is it a good idea to get a paralegal certification while going to school for pre-law?

I am planning on majoring in pre-law /psychology but was interested in being a paralegal while trying to earn money for law school. #lawyer...

#paralegal

consuelo B.’s Avatar
consuelo B. May 17, 2016 651 views

what dose a paralegal do

do i need to have a degree and is it unpaid like an intern #law #lawyer #paralegal...

#paralegals