Career Questions tagged Masters

Unal D.’s Avatar
Unal D. Aug 18 82 views

What can I do after graduating with a Masters Degree in Trauma Counseling.

I majored my undergraduate in Psychology and this year I will be graduating with a Masters Degree in Community and Trauma Counseling. I don't have a lot of experience in the field, only did one practicum that was required part of my degree. During my 2nd year, I will be starting a 600+ hour...

#masters #jobs #socialwork #psychology #postgraduation

Jinshuang S.’s Avatar
Jinshuang S. Jul 29 59 views

Is there any possible way to be a in-house translator in England?

I'm an international students and studying in the University of Bristol. I'm currently learning Education in a Master degree, and I will keep study my second master degree in Chinese-English Translation. I would like to develop my career in England as a translator. #masters...

#communications

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18 126 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#technology #school #dataanalyst #cybersecurity #coding #datascience #data #salary

Chloe B.’s Avatar
Chloe B. Apr 06 109 views

Looking for postgrad fellowships or master's programs for an aspiring diversity, equity, and inclusion practitioner

I am a current Junior at Villanova University studying Communication and Peace and Justice Studies. I have a real passion for creating inclusive environments and facilitating conversations around diversity, equity, and inclusion. I am now looking at what my next steps should be after college,...

#masters #fellowships #diversity #dei #inclusion

Mohammad T.’s Avatar
Mohammad T. Mar 10 176 views
Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 164 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#graduate-school #architect #graduate

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. May 14, 2019 169 views

What was your experience in applying for and choosing a master's degree program in STEM?

I am interested in pursuing a master's degree in Construction Engineering and Management after graduation, but I welcome those with different backgrounds in STEM and/or Management to respond! :) How did you go about looking for master's degree programs to apply to, and how difficult was the...

#management #stem #masters #engineering

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 02, 2019 524 views

How to do an art therapy portfolio?

Hello, my name is Briana and I would like to ask any artists or art therapists of career village: how did you organize your portfolio and what type of work would you recommend including? I imagine it varies program to program, but I was simply curious. Knowing once I do finish with my...

#college #masters #bachelors #art #artist #art-therapy #career #firstgeneration #portfolio #psychology

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. May 02, 2019 152 views

What art therapy programs would you recommend?

Hello there, Briana here! I am a current community college student, planning on graduating later this spring semester and I wanted to ask about any art therapy graduate programs so I may later choose the right school and bachelor's programs for me. I generally know a lot of the programs are...

#career #art-therapy #masters #college-advice #bachelors #art #psychology

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 185 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#germany #masters #europe #science #graduate-school #ecology #study-abroad #environmental-science #austria

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 185 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 196 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 201 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Jan 12, 2019 323 views

Undergrad engineering vs Grad engineering?

Hi all, I plan to enter Graduate study for Mechanical Engineering next fall and I just want to know, what are the differences (and even similarities) between the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering? How should I prepare myself to know what to expect? Thanks. #engineering...

#civil-engineering #computerengineering #technology #masters #mechanical #gradschool #undergrad #mechanical-engineering #graduateschool #engineer #engineeringstudent #electricalengineering

Francy Lorena G.’s Avatar
Francy Lorena G. Jan 07, 2019 189 views

What should be my next step?

I moved from Colombia a year ago, where I got my bachelors degree in Bussines Communications and journalism. I haven't found a job in the field due to my lack of experience and right now I must sustain my family, therefore, I need a job that can provide me enough income to live in LA and give...

#job #college #masters #aplacetostart #career

Miwa S.’s Avatar
Miwa S. Aug 18, 2018 263 views

Does a master's degree open up more job opportunities?

Majoring in Environmental Studies, will some sort of master's degree be worth it to have more job opportunities? #environmentalstudies #job...

#masters

Barret B.’s Avatar
Barret B. Jan 22, 2018 434 views

Wondering whether or not to get certified.

I'm currently getting a master's in counseling. During my time getting my master's, health has become more important to me and has allowed me to lose a good deal of weight. I still wish to participate in my master's program, but I would also like to get certified in nutrition. I want to be able...

#nutrition #counseling #masters #niche

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 19, 2018 342 views

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. #reading...

#research #masters-degree #literacy #masters

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Apr 16, 2018 281 views

In working toward the field of prothetics do I need a master degree before a docorate

To understand how much schooling I will need and how I should prepare for applying to graduate school. #graduate-school #masters #doctorate #prosthetics #healthcare #biomedical-engineering...

#engineer

Caroline P.’s Avatar
Caroline P. May 06, 2018 311 views

Social Work

What is your best piece of advice for those going beginning their Master's in Social Work? #grad-school #graduate-school #masters...

#social-work

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 381 views

Which countries have opportunities for a very cheap or even free master's or p.h.d?

I'd like to get a masters and a P.h.d. degree in linguistics or asian languages, but can't afford American college fees. Where else can I get these degrees for very cheap or even free? #europe #eastern-europe #asian #asia-pacific #masters #graduate-school #financial-aid #finance #grad-school...

#international #phd

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. May 15, 2018 264 views

Is it better for me to continue my education by earning a master's degree in nursing at the same university I obtain my bachelors from? Or should I Iook at other schools to further my education?

I am asking this question because I am not sure if I should continue my education before locking at an an employer or should I explore my options at other schools and earn an advanced degree in nursing. I want to begin to use my degree and begin my career as a nurse but not sure if it is worth...

#hospital-and-healthcare #masters #healthcare #colege #graduate-school #registered-nursing #nurseanesthetist #grad-school #nurse #nursing

Carolyn H.’s Avatar
Carolyn H. Jul 17, 2018 268 views

How can you determine if an advanced degree is right for you and your career goals?

How can you determine if an advanced degree is right for you and your career goals?...

#masters

Dimetrius P.’s Avatar
Dimetrius P. Jul 11, 2018 316 views

Should I go straight through to my PhD?

Should I get my masters and work while getting my PhD, or should I go straight through and get my PhD, interning along the way? Which way gets me more experience, and which would insure that I will have a job? #social-work #phd #internship #masters #phd...

#msw

Joseph A.’s Avatar
Joseph A. May 30, 2018 318 views

What are your best strategies for pursuing an advanced degree and working at the same time?

I am interested in going back to grad school, but I am focused on my career path. At this point, it seems advantageous to continue developing my career experience, but soon I will need an advanced degree to continue my growth. Am I going to still get a meaningful master's degree experience with...

#graduate-school #career-path #masters

Suzy M.’s Avatar
Suzy M. May 22, 2018 267 views

If I attend Grad School abroad will it be easier to work internationally with my degree?

I am attending Graduate School abroad this upcoming year for a one-year Msc in Applied Behavior Analysis. There are currently many positions in the US for careers in Behavior Analysis, however my main interest is to work internationally. Since my Master's degree will be from an international...

#graduate-school #college #masters #working-abroad #gradschool #international #working-internationally