Career Questions tagged Masters

Leannie V.’s Avatar
Leannie V. Leannie V. Feb 19 156 views

What master’s could I get with a bachelor's in criminal justice?

I am graduating soon with a bachelor's in Criminal Justice. I’m considering getting my master's, and I'm not sure what my options are. I don’t want a master's in criminal justice. What are my other options? #masters #criminaljustice...

#bachelors

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Anthony S. Jan 15 237 views

Getting into Biotech without Biotech related degree

I am a Psychology major graduating in Spring of 2022 and heavily considering getting my MBA after graduation. I discovered recently that I would like to work in business for a medical research/ biotech company in hopes of starting my own one day. But I am not sure if getting in this industry is...

#nanotechnology #biotech #medical-research #molecular-biology #career-choice #medicine #career #research #medical #business #college #mba #masters

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Aniya W. Oct 15, 2020 596 views

Would is be smart for me to double major in finance and information systems, and get a master's in finance? If, so what career opportunities will I have?

I'm a senior, and by the time I graduate high school, I will have an AA degree. I'm thinking of a career in fintech, but I'm not sure. I do want to study finance, and I'm interested in technology. #major #college #high-school #career #finance #informationsystems #technology #doublemajor...

#masters

Unal D.’s Avatar
Unal D. Unal D. Aug 18, 2020 173 views

What can I do after graduating with a Masters Degree in Trauma Counseling.

I majored my undergraduate in Psychology and this year I will be graduating with a Masters Degree in Community and Trauma Counseling. I don't have a lot of experience in the field, only did one practicum that was required part of my degree. During my 2nd year, I will be starting a 600+ hour...

#psychology #postgraduation #jobs #masters #socialwork

Jinshuang S.’s Avatar
Jinshuang S. Jinshuang S. Jul 29, 2020 273 views

Is there any possible way to be a in-house translator in England?

I'm an international students and studying in the University of Bristol. I'm currently learning Education in a Master degree, and I will keep study my second master degree in Chinese-English Translation. I would like to develop my career in England as a translator. #masters...

#communications

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Kelly W. Jul 18, 2020 449 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#school #data #technology #dataanalyst #cybersecurity #datascience #coding #salary

Chloe B.’s Avatar
Chloe B. Chloe B. Apr 06, 2020 198 views

Looking for postgrad fellowships or master's programs for an aspiring diversity, equity, and inclusion practitioner

I am a current Junior at Villanova University studying Communication and Peace and Justice Studies. I have a real passion for creating inclusive environments and facilitating conversations around diversity, equity, and inclusion. I am now looking at what my next steps should be after college,...

#diversity #fellowships #masters #dei #inclusion

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Grace R. Jul 08, 2019 272 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

#graduate #graduate-school #architect

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. Clio C. May 14, 2019 248 views

What was your experience in applying for and choosing a master's degree program in STEM?

I am interested in pursuing a master's degree in Construction Engineering and Management after graduation, but I welcome those with different backgrounds in STEM and/or Management to respond! :) How did you go about looking for master's degree programs to apply to, and how difficult was the...

#management #stem #engineering #masters

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. Briana P. May 02, 2019 1166 views

How to do an art therapy portfolio?

Hello, my name is Briana and I would like to ask any artists or art therapists of career village: how did you organize your portfolio and what type of work would you recommend including? I imagine it varies program to program, but I was simply curious. Knowing once I do finish with my...

#psychology #bachelors #art #career #artist #college #portfolio #art-therapy #masters #firstgeneration

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. Briana P. May 02, 2019 245 views

What art therapy programs would you recommend?

Hello there, Briana here! I am a current community college student, planning on graduating later this spring semester and I wanted to ask about any art therapy graduate programs so I may later choose the right school and bachelor's programs for me. I generally know a lot of the programs are...

#career #psychology #college-advice #bachelors #art #art-therapy #masters

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 286 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

#ecology #germany #austria #science #graduate-school #europe #environmental-science #masters #study-abroad

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 267 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 272 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam R.’s Avatar
Sam R. Sam R. Jan 24, 2019 346 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Melvin S. Jan 12, 2019 447 views

Undergrad engineering vs Grad engineering?

Hi all, I plan to enter Graduate study for Mechanical Engineering next fall and I just want to know, what are the differences (and even similarities) between the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering? How should I prepare myself to know what to expect? Thanks. #engineering...

#computerengineering #graduateschool #electricalengineering #engineer #mechanical #technology #civil-engineering #engineeringstudent #undergrad #mechanical-engineering #gradschool #masters

Francy Lorena G.’s Avatar
Francy Lorena G. Francy Lorena G. Jan 07, 2019 267 views

What should be my next step?

I moved from Colombia a year ago, where I got my bachelors degree in Bussines Communications and journalism. I haven't found a job in the field due to my lack of experience and right now I must sustain my family, therefore, I need a job that can provide me enough income to live in LA and give...

#aplacetostart #career #job #college #masters

Miwa S.’s Avatar
Miwa S. Miwa S. Aug 18, 2018 339 views

Does a master's degree open up more job opportunities?

Majoring in Environmental Studies, will some sort of master's degree be worth it to have more job opportunities? #environmentalstudies #job...

#masters

Barret B.’s Avatar
Barret B. Barret B. Jan 22, 2018 527 views

Wondering whether or not to get certified.

I'm currently getting a master's in counseling. During my time getting my master's, health has become more important to me and has allowed me to lose a good deal of weight. I still wish to participate in my master's program, but I would also like to get certified in nutrition. I want to be able...

#counseling #niche #masters #nutrition

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Anna V. Jan 19, 2018 484 views

As a candidate for a Master's in Literacy, I will need to do a case study. Which topic for my case study will help struggling readers the most?

In order to get a Master's in Literacy you must work on a case study and do research with the students you are currently teaching. Since the case study is a labor intensive process, I want to study something that will actually impact student learning and reading proficiency. #reading...

#literacy #masters #research #masters-degree

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Vanessa O. Apr 16, 2018 357 views

In working toward the field of prothetics do I need a master degree before a docorate

To understand how much schooling I will need and how I should prepare for applying to graduate school. #graduate-school #masters #doctorate #prosthetics #healthcare #biomedical-engineering...

#engineer