Career Questions tagged Masters

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 27 236 views

Should I take a break, or drive right into my MBA program?

I would like to earn a MBA after earning my bachelor's. Should I immediately enter the MBA program after graduating, or should I wait and get a job with only my bachelor's degree?

Jeongmin’s Avatar
Jeongmin Jun 26 177 views

Graduate school funding - any tips for students with gap years caused by covid-19/family responsibilities?

I wish to go to graduate school, hopefully finishing my PhD one day, returning to universities to teach students and research further into what intrigues me. However, financially, I am not capable of funding my studies while supporting my family as well. Do you have any advice for those who are...

mery’s Avatar
mery Nov 13, 2021 216 views

what is the best MSc in business and management?

I am studying bachelor in international business management #business #entrepreneur #management #business-management #international #universities #Masters #MSc

Joyce’s Avatar
Joyce Oct 02, 2021 361 views

How can I become a Cosmetic Chemist with a BS in Chemical Engineering?

Hello, my planned approach to this is to take a masters degree after my bachelor's and I'm thinking of either doing a MS in Cosmetic Science or a MS in Pharmaceutics with a specialization in Cosmetic Science. Any other recommended master degrees or methods in achieving this role in the cosmetic...

hargun’s Avatar
hargun Sep 15, 2021 429 views

How do I become a string applicant when applying for masters in Nursing?

I graduate in May 2022 and I want to get a year of experience before applying for masters in nursing and was wondering what I can do to ensure my success in the application process

#graduate-school #healthcare #nurse #nursing #college #masters #registered-nurses

Leo’s Avatar
Leo Sep 14, 2021 342 views

Is it worth it to get a degree vs trade school?

#college #college-admissions #college-advice #graduate-school #degree #masters #school #trade-school #highschool #van

Carlos’s Avatar
Carlos Aug 25, 2021 258 views

How long did their degree take?

HVAC #masters #college

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan Jul 18, 2021 285 views

I’m planning to major in Computer Science. My top choice is Northwestern, but I also love Boston, and MIT would be fantastic for Computer Science education. However, I heard MIT is not the best for undergrad, mainly due to stress and student life. Should I do Northwestern for undergrad and MIT for my masters?

I am about to be a senior in high school. I plan to work in the aerospace field writing autonomous navigation software. My GPA is 4.4, ACT is 35, and I have many extracurricular, including being a NASA HAS scholar. #computer-science #college #science #college-admissions #northwestern #nu...

Nolan’s Avatar
Nolan Feb 26, 2021 372 views

Is getting a masters degree worth it?

#College #Masters #Degree

Leannie’s Avatar
Leannie Feb 19, 2021 407 views

What master’s could I get with a bachelor's in criminal justice?

I am graduating soon with a bachelor's in Criminal Justice. I’m considering getting my master's, and I'm not sure what my options are. I don’t want a master's in criminal justice. What are my other options?
#masters #criminaljustice #bachelors

Srishti’s Avatar
Srishti Feb 17, 2021 273 views

What volunteer experience is available for biochemistry majors wanting to go to grad school?

#masters #biochemistry

Srishti’s Avatar
Srishti Feb 16, 2021 187 views

I am interested in the MS program in Biochemistry at the Rackham Graduate School of University of Michigan. Could someone share with me their experience with the program?

I am a Biochemistry/Biotechnology major at Michigan State University.
#masters #biochemistry #uofm

Anthony’s Avatar
Anthony Jan 15, 2021 854 views

Getting into Biotech without Biotech related degree

I am a Psychology major graduating in Spring of 2022 and heavily considering getting my MBA after graduation. I discovered recently that I would like to work in business for a medical research/ biotech company in hopes of starting my own one day. But I am not sure if getting in this industry is...

Aniya’s Avatar
Aniya Oct 15, 2020 1479 views

Would is be smart for me to double major in finance and information systems, and get a master's in finance? If, so what career opportunities will I have?

I'm a senior, and by the time I graduate high school, I will have an AA degree. I'm thinking of a career in fintech, but I'm not sure. I do want to study finance, and I'm interested in technology. #major #college #high-school #career #finance #informationSystems #technology #doublemajor...

Unal’s Avatar
Unal Aug 18, 2020 334 views

What can I do after graduating with a Masters Degree in Trauma Counseling.

I majored my undergraduate in Psychology and this year I will be graduating with a Masters Degree in Community and Trauma Counseling. I don't have a lot of experience in the field, only did one practicum that was required part of my degree. During my 2nd year, I will be starting a 600+ hour...

Jinshuang’s Avatar
Jinshuang Jul 29, 2020 448 views

Is there any possible way to be a in-house translator in England?

I'm an international students and studying in the University of Bristol. I'm currently learning Education in a Master degree, and I will keep study my second master degree in Chinese-English Translation. I would like to develop my career in England as a translator. #masters #communications

Kelly’s Avatar
Kelly Jul 18, 2020 727 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jul 09, 2020 553 views

What's the difference between a bachelors and masters degree?

#college #masters #college-major

Chloe’s Avatar
Chloe Apr 06, 2020 379 views

Looking for postgrad fellowships or master's programs for an aspiring diversity, equity, and inclusion practitioner

I am a current Junior at Villanova University studying Communication and Peace and Justice Studies. I have a real passion for creating inclusive environments and facilitating conversations around diversity, equity, and inclusion. I am now looking at what my next steps should be after college,...

Mohammad’s Avatar
Mohammad Mar 10, 2020 449 views

Can Student do Master of Science in Finance after pursuing BBA degree ?

#finance #accounting #masters #college

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Mar 05, 2020 320 views

what steps do I need to take to get my Masters, right now during my undergraduate years?

#university #undergrad #masters

Munirat’s Avatar
Munirat Sep 27, 2019 273 views

I don’t know which to choose , in Fullerton they offer communication in Entertainment and Tourism while in Los Angeles (CalState) offer Public Administration, the problem is I’m not into Fullerton but I like the course and I love Los Angeles but I don’t like the course that much , please I would like to know which of the courses have more advantage in getting a good job internationally and has wide range of advantages..??thank you

#career #professional #masters

Grace’s Avatar
Grace Jul 08, 2019 585 views

Is a Masters worth it for unlicensed Architects

Is getting a #Masters degree (in Historic Preservation) worth the time, money, and effort following an undergrad in #architecture if I don’t intend to pursue licensure? It’s my understanding that as an Architectural Designer, I may be taken more seriously with a Masters degree as well as the...

Clio’s Avatar
Clio May 14, 2019 379 views

What was your experience in applying for and choosing a master's degree program in STEM?

I am interested in pursuing a master's degree in Construction Engineering and Management after graduation, but I welcome those with different backgrounds in STEM and/or Management to respond! :) How did you go about looking for master's degree programs to apply to, and how difficult was the...

Briana’s Avatar
Briana May 02, 2019 1802 views

How to do an art therapy portfolio?

Hello, my name is Briana and I would like to ask any artists or art therapists of career village: how did you organize your portfolio and what type of work would you recommend including? I imagine it varies program to program, but I was simply curious. Knowing once I do finish with my...

Briana’s Avatar
Briana May 02, 2019 399 views

What art therapy programs would you recommend?

Hello there, Briana here! I am a current community college student, planning on graduating later this spring semester and I wanted to ask about any art therapy graduate programs so I may later choose the right school and bachelor's programs for me. I generally know a lot of the programs are...

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jan 24, 2019 437 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a MS in Ecology ?

I am a US citizen living in Australia, I have been out of school for 2 1/2 years, and I would like to go back to school to earn a masters in Ecology or a related field. I would like to know if this is possible in the USA, but I want to go to school in Central Europe. Would a foreign school in...

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jan 24, 2019 662 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, will I be accepted for a Master's in Ecology ?

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jan 24, 2019 396 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology abroad?

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jan 24, 2019 505 views

If I have a BS in Psychology, can I apply for a Master's in Ecology?